PDA

View Full Version : Next generation Sig MCX

call_me_ski
07-31-20, 16:33
The Virtus was debuted in 2017 I believe which leaves us 3 years overdue for a replacement product given sig’s usual pace of replacing SKU’s. It appears that a next gen Sig MCX was teased on Instagram during a Sig suppressor shoot. No details were given but the rifle appears to have slimmer handguards that now have a threaded screw for retention on the shoulders like the SPEAR. The gas value also appears to be slightly different. There are also a few updates to to the upper with a few more venting holes cut on it and it appears that some angles are cut differently forward of the ejection port. The lower appears unchanged.

Here is the video:
“Gen 3” MCX (https://www.instagram.com/p/CDSOKD3J8cf/?igshid=gae84bv28hwi)

I personally like the improvements including the lack of the large holes on the handguard to adjust the gas piston. Gonna need to get in line when they become open for orders. Please make them available in Black.

mig1nc
07-31-20, 16:42
The Virtus was debuted in 2017 I believe which leaves us 3 years overdue for a replacement product given sig’s usual pace of replacing SKU’s. It appears that a next gen Sig MCX was teased on Instagram during a Sig suppressor shoot. No details were given but the rifle appears to have slimmer handguards that now have a threaded screw for retention on the shoulders like the SPEAR. The gas value also appears to be slightly different. There are also a few updates to to the upper with a few more venting holes cut on it and it appears that some angles are cut differently forward of the ejection port. The lower appears unchanged.

Here is the video:
“Gen 3” MCX (https://www.instagram.com/p/CDSOKD3J8cf/?igshid=gae84bv28hwi)

I personally like the improvements including the lack of the large holes on the handguard to adjust the gas piston. Gonna need to get in line when they become open for orders. Please make them available in Black.

I like it. Definitely will be ordering an upper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VIP3R 237
07-31-20, 16:44
I feel like the one feature that is missing on the MCX is lack of an ambidextrous bolt catch/bolt release. I hope sig decides to incorporate it eventually

call_me_ski
07-31-20, 16:51
Agreed. I like the ambi bolt catch on the SPEAR NGSW-R. If it were to make it to the MCX I wouldn’t complain.

mig1nc
07-31-20, 17:09
Agreed. I like the ambi bolt catch on the SPEAR NGSW-R. If it were to make it to the MCX I wouldn’t complain.

I wouldn't mind the side charger on the SPEAR too.

JoshNC
08-01-20, 08:22
Hopefully it won’t share any compatibility with previous mcx models and Exeter will stop supporting the legacy models.

mig1nc
08-01-20, 16:36
Hopefully it won’t share any compatibility with previous mcx models and Exeter will stop supporting the legacy models.

LoL. You ever read Monster Hunters International?

JoshNC
08-01-20, 19:27
LoL. You ever read Monster Hunters International?

No. Do I need to?

RHINOWSO
08-01-20, 19:39

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2F3.bp.blogspot.com%2F-KSB6lZfHL0k%2FUX-itoraKeI%2FAAAAAAAALh0%2Fto-I16Zl_84%2Fs1600%2FRicky-Gervais.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Oh you know that's how it'll go down... :D :D :D

mig1nc
08-02-20, 08:17
No. Do I need to?

It's written by and for gun guys. It's a great fun read.

Reason I ask is there's an internet troll... That's actually a real troll.

Aries144
08-05-20, 01:55
Looks like they're still trying to make the handguards maintain zero with aiming devices. Hope this attempt works.

I want them to take the empty weight down to at least 6.5lbs for a pencil barrel 16" 5.56 rifle and figure out how to make barrels that consistently, from example to example, shoot <4 MOA with quality ball ammunition, <2 MOA with precision ammunition, and shift POI no more than 1 MOA when they heat up.

mig1nc
08-05-20, 05:49
What is the objective of having those screw looking things in the handguard?

call_me_ski
08-05-20, 11:26
What is the objective of having those screw looking things in the handguard?

Could be attempting to make the handguards more rigid for IR lasers. Could be that some customers wanted the handguards harder to remove to avoid tampering by the lowest common denominator.

As far as parts availability. The MCX is not going anywhere. Sig still supports legacy customers and the legacy is upgradable with virtus parts. Not to mention that Sig has made all parts available other than the lowers. The MCX is easier to get spares for than almost every rifle other than an AR15.

Sig can be criticized for abandoning platforms and customers but the MCX does not seem to be one of those instances.

mig1nc
08-05-20, 11:36
Could be attempting to make the handguards more rigid for IR lasers. Could be that some customers wanted the handguards harder to remove to avoid tampering by the lowest common denominator.

As far as parts availability. The MCX is not going anywhere. Sig still supports legacy customers and the legacy is upgradable with virtus parts. Not to mention that Sig has made all parts available other than the lowers. The MCX is easier to get spares for than almost every rifle other than an AR15.

Sig can be criticized for abandoning platforms and customers but the MCX does not seem to be one of those instances.

I totally agree with you. They've actually been very good about this platform.

Hell, the P320 can even use some parts from the P250. Sig has this reputation that I really don't think is deserved any more.

Straight Shooter
08-06-20, 11:04
plus 11

Youve about got that post count up enough to sell whatever it is youre gonna sell, havent you?

dlrflyer
08-08-20, 01:48
I hope you are right Ski, but Sig earned that reputation.....