PDA

View Full Version : George Floyd- body cam

thepatriot2705
08-03-20, 21:13
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8576371/amp/Police-bodycam-footage-shows-moment-moment-arrest-George-Floyd-time.html?ito=amp_twitter_share-top&__twitter_impression=true

Prep. All I can say.

Autopsy showed no signs of asphyxiation or strangulation. Autopsy showed signs of drugs.
Guy was clearly zonked out his mind.

Those officers will be exonerated

Honestly amazing restraint and patience displayed by the officers.

SomeOtherGuy
08-03-20, 21:44

Yet in Clownworld 2020 (TM), amazing restraint and patience gets you... a murder charge, fired, doxxed, city-destroying riots and a disguised Marxist revolutionary movement. Awesome. Makes you wonder what actual brutality would bring about in 2020...

fred
08-03-20, 22:24
Yet in Clownworld 2020 (TM), amazing restraint and patience gets you... a murder charge, fired, doxxed, city-destroying riots and a disguised Marxist revolutionary movement. Awesome. Makes you wonder what actual brutality would bring about in 2020...

It will probably depend on who is brutalizing who, or whom. I hope all good people who know a little history will vote for freedom in November. That said, a crazy financial meltdown is still on the way, and soon.

SteyrAUG
08-03-20, 23:42
Still seeing LOTS of questionable stuff, including some procedural bad ideas.

Honu
08-03-20, 23:50
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8576371/amp/Police-bodycam-footage-shows-moment-moment-arrest-George-Floyd-time.html?ito=amp_twitter_share-top&__twitter_impression=true

Prep. All I can say.

Autopsy showed no signs of asphyxiation or strangulation. Autopsy showed signs of drugs.
Guy was clearly zonked out his mind.

Those officers will be exonerated

I think they are going to get found guilty
they can not back out of this

could be wrong

lies needed to start something are never put back in so just expect it to get worse and worse

Averageman
08-04-20, 02:51
Of course this will fall on deaf ears.
There is just no one willing to hold George responsable for his own misconduct.

yoni
08-04-20, 05:15
I saw several things that they could have done, that would result in Floyd being alive today.

They should have called for paramedics, that is first thing they should have done and I mean call them very early in the video when he was complaining he couldn't breath.

I still think at least the officer that was kneeling on his neck is guilty of at least manslaughter.

Floyd was the one that put himself in this position, but from the time the cuffs went on the officer are responsible for his life.

jsbhike
08-04-20, 06:11
In a perfect world, Floyd should have been lit up by his victim during the kidnapping and rape.

Chauvin's side gigs may be his undoing. Allegedly there were incidents between him and Floyd at one of those jobs plus this:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/taxnotes/2020/07/30/tax-crimes-may-ensure-a-conviction-for-derek-chauvin/

Tax Crimes May Ensure A Conviction For Derek Chauvin - Forbes

Whiskey_Bravo
08-04-20, 07:39
Floyd put himself where he was at but the officer should not have kept a knee on his neck for 8+ minutes(or whatever it was) and they should have called medical.

yoni
08-04-20, 08:00
Derek Chauvin is totally screwed.

I have talked to some guys I know that work at a place that I am a client, this place gives jobs to people with issues mental or physical issues or ex cons. The cons were telling me that they have family members inside that have told them the second Chauvin get sent up, people that will never be released are waiting for him.

REDinFL
08-04-20, 08:04
I have my own opinion re: the officer's probable offense, and have discussed that in another thread. Setting all that aside, "innocent until proven guilty" applies. I suspect the officer (and any charged as accomplices/accessories) may be found guilty to placate the mob, purely political grounds. Remember the acquittal of the four officers in Los Angeles, in the Rodney King case? Remember the aftermath? I'm sure TPTB do. If not it will be hell all over, Tet offensive. I doubt they'll get to the trial before the election, or it really would have been explosive.

WickedWillis
08-04-20, 10:51
Floyd put himself where he was at but the officer should not have kept a knee on his neck for 8+ minutes(or whatever it was) and they should have called medical.

This is the point everyone is missing. All while ignoring pleas from the crowd to get off him, you are killing him.

Priors and being a shitty human being don't come into context unless something you are currently doing (like pulling a gun, or knife on officers) gets you killed. Theu will have no bearing on how the case will be viewed in court.

Dude was a shitty person, who did some horrible things. Sounds like he was on drugs and or drunk at the time. Yet, you still can't put your knee on someones neck for eight ****ing minutes and expect them to pop up and tap dance. The private autopsy confirmed different results than the state autopsy as well, both need to be considered here.

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-04-20, 10:57
The bigger issue was if it was even a 'racist' act. Kind of why there is the push that everything a white person does is racist, but what if the cop is just an a-hole, bad cop, who doesn't listen and thought Flyod was jackass and got off on tweaking him.

In some ways I'm digging this implicit bias. I'm not an asshole, I'm a racist who doesn't know it and can't do anything about it. Yeah

WillBrink
08-04-20, 11:35
The bigger issue was if it was even a 'racist' act. Kind of why there is the push that everything a white person does is racist, but what if the cop is just an a-hole, bad cop, who doesn't listen and thought Flyod was jackass and got off on tweaking him.

In some ways I'm digging this implicit bias. I'm not an asshole, I'm a racist who doesn't know it and can't do anything about it. Yeah

Yes, there was no indication at any time race was a factor in this event, and that aspect has been ignored from minute one. It was a perfect storm of fail on many levels but what it was not was a race driven event and the rainbow coalition of LEOs involved (also being ignored) counters the narrative of BLM, etc. To them, it's just "proof" of po po abuse against POC, vs the more legit claim of abuse of power regardless of color.

It's just a damn shame all around they didn't pay closer attention the Floyd's physical and mental status early on and I bet they wished they had too.

My gut says all but the one are exonerated.

maximus83
08-04-20, 11:37
This is the point everyone is missing. All while ignoring pleas from the crowd to get off him, you are killing him.

Priors and being a shitty human being don't come into context unless something you are currently doing (like pulling a gun, or knife on officers) gets you killed. Theu will have no bearing on how the case will be viewed in court.

Dude was a shitty person, who did some horrible things. Sounds like he was on drugs and or drunk at the time. Yet, you still can't put your knee on someones neck for eight ****ing minutes and expect them to pop up and tap dance. The private autopsy confirmed different results than the state autopsy as well, both need to be considered here.

I was getting worked up to reply to this thread and then you wrote it all for me.

WickedWillis
08-04-20, 11:39

Yes, there was no indication at any time race was a factor in this event, and that aspect has been ignored from minute one. It was a perfect storm of fail on many levels but what it was not was a race driven event and the rainbow coalition of LEOs involved (also being ignored) counters the narrative of BLM, etc. To them, it's just "proof" of po po abuse against POC, vs the more legit claim of abuse of power regardless of color.

It's just a damn shame all around they didn't pay closer attention the Floyd's physical and mental status early on and I bet they wished they had too.

My gut says all but the one are exonerated.

I agree with both of you. I believe this was an officer's negligence, and incompetence, not a race related hate crime.

Them knowing each other prior to this is odd though.

Averageman
08-04-20, 12:25
I worked with a real scumbag one time. Now we didn't have direct interaction everyday, but I warned my younger troopers to stay away from him.
He managed to evade anything that would have given him and immediate BCD, but his packet was full of his BS misdeeds. One day he's acting a fool, no mind to what he's doing and he rolls a tank. Not a scratch on this worthless M'F'er but me and the medic go inside an overturned tank to extract the Loader from the Gunners seat, you see the charging cable support for the 240 was embedded deep in his eye socket.
Nothing happens to the guy and I'm doing everything but the side straddle hop on the Sergeant Majors desk begging him to take some sort of action against this Muppet, because next time it's only going to be worse. Nada damn thing happens.
Next time in a jealous rage, he shoots the neighbor lady four times with a 30-30. I didn't say shit, I just stood in the Office door way and stared at the SGM.

If I could have put a knee on that scumbags neck, I would have after climbing out of that Tank. I'm just guessing the Cop felt the same way, "Enough is Enough."

WickedWillis
08-04-20, 12:32
I worked with a real scumbag one time. Now we didn't have direct interaction everyday, but I warned my younger troopers to stay away from him.
He managed to evade anything that would have given him and immediate BCD, but his packet was full of his BS misdeeds. One day he's acting a fool, no mind to what he's doing and he rolls a tank. Not a scratch on this worthless M'F'er but me and the medic go inside an overturned tank to extract the Loader from the Gunners seat, you see the charging cable support for the 240 was embedded deep in his eye socket.
Nothing happens to the guy and I'm doing everything but the side straddle hop on the Sergeant Majors desk begging him to take some sort of action against this Muppet, because next time it's only going to be worse. Nada damn thing happens.
Next time in a jealous rage, he shoots the neighbor lady four times with a 30-30. I didn't say shit, I just stood in the Office door way and stared at the SGM.

If I could have put a knee on that scumbags neck, I would have after climbing out of that Tank. I'm just guessing the Cop felt the same way, "Enough is Enough."

We are in a better place because we don't live in a Judge Dredd society where LEO's are judge, jury and executioner.

thepatriot2705
08-04-20, 13:00

Private autopsy was done by a quack. Was paid to say what he said.

WickedWillis
08-04-20, 13:09
Private autopsy was done by a quack. Was paid to say what he said.

Sure, absolutely. So was Epstein's.

mrbieler
08-04-20, 13:33
I never saw anything that really raised a racial component to this.

Seeing the body cam footage, I will concede that it seems sketchy to have the officer walk up on the drivers door with the gun up and pointed as it was. Going to be real easy to make that a "racial profiling" claim. Vehicle was parked. Daylight conditions and the reason for the interaction was a claim of theft. Why is he pointing a gun at this point? Won't take a leap for the black to community to ask if a white male would be drawn down on in the same situation.

I saw and still see a lot of policing that I'm not happy with and want changed. They've got Floyd in cuffs and there are 4 officers present. The women he is with have told the officers he has mental issues and he's complaining of health issues. Sit his ass on the curb and wait for EMT's. Chauvin's callous indifference is tough to watch. He needs to go away.

john armond
08-04-20, 14:04
Sure, absolutely. So was Epstein's.

As far as I can tell Epstein, Floyd, and Eric Garner all had their autopsies done, reviewed, or observed by the same Dr. This Dr, or as stated above, quack, even has an HBO show.

jsbhike
08-04-20, 15:06
I agree with both of you. I believe this was an officer's negligence, and incompetence, not a race related hate crime.

Them knowing each other prior to this is odd though.

According to the PD, Chauvin had training related to what he was doing and knew what the result could be so ignorance/incompetence doesn't seem to be applicable.

At one point, the claim was Lane being the only one expressing concern over what was occurring and he has an interesting background as well.

https://www.insider.com/fired-minneapolis-police-officer-thomas-lane-had-criminal-record-2020-6

Averageman
08-04-20, 15:15
I never saw anything that really raised a racial component to this.

Seeing the body cam footage, I will concede that it seems sketchy to have the officer walk up on the drivers door with the gun up and pointed as it was. Going to be real easy to make that a "racial profiling" claim. Vehicle was parked. Daylight conditions and the reason for the interaction was a claim of theft. Why is he pointing a gun at this point? Won't take a leap for the black to community to ask if a white male would be drawn down on in the same situation.

I saw and still see a lot of policing that I'm not happy with and want changed. They've got Floyd in cuffs and there are 4 officers present. The women he is with have told the officers he has mental issues and he's complaining of health issues. Sit his ass on the curb and wait for EMT's. Chauvin's callous indifference is tough to watch. He needs to go away.

Maybe he had just had enough of Floyd's BS?
You only get to play "Cry Wolf" so many times and then you don't anymore.
The guy's health was likely ruined by dope and booze, he OD'ed. Tuff Muffins.

Averageman
08-04-20, 15:24
We are in a better place because we don't live in a Judge Dredd society where LEO's are judge, jury and executioner.

Not all of the time, at some point Floyd should have gotten 99 years to Life for the crap he pulled. Instead he's on the street. if we only were a little more harsh with our sentencing for violent crime, like holding a gun to a pregnant lady's belly George would be in a Federal Prison and alive.

mrbieler
08-04-20, 16:07
Maybe he had just had enough of Floyd's BS?
You only get to play "Cry Wolf" so many times and then you don't anymore.
The guy's health was likely ruined by dope and booze, he OD'ed. Tuff Muffins.

Apparently Chavin did have enough of Floyds BS and now he'll get time behind bars to think about how he maybe could have handled things a little bit differently and been the adult in the room...

Averageman
08-04-20, 18:30
Well, when we don't offer enough training, pay or oversight to guys on the pointy end of the LEO spear this is what happens. When whichever bureaucrat decides lets empty the jails and prisons because of Covid-19; we only make the job harder not easier to manage.
I'm not a Cop because I wouldn't be able to manage my temper, so I knew better. At this moment in History though, when we likely need them most, well, we decided to take a massive steaming dump on Law Enforcement on a National scale.
Now that we know that George Floyd did not die from having his neck knelt on, well, perhaps that Officer didn't have any weight on George's neck? George dies from drug and alcohol abuse and years of poor decision making processes.
Well, we can't have people being held accountable for their actions, let them all out of jail, unless they are Law Enforcement that is.
And then someone always say's "If you work for the Public, we hold you to a higher standard", and I like to say, "Just like Politicians, right?"

WickedWillis
08-04-20, 18:47
According to the PD, Chauvin had training related to what he was doing and knew what the result could be so ignorance/incompetence doesn't seem to be applicable.

At one point, the claim was Lane being the only one expressing concern over what was occurring and he has an interesting background as well.

https://www.insider.com/fired-minneapolis-police-officer-thomas-lane-had-criminal-record-2020-6

I didn't say Chauvin wasn't a human pile of shit, but also until now I was not aware he knew what he was doing. Hence my incompetence statement.

Well, when we don't offer enough training, pay or oversight to guys on the pointy end of the LEO spear this is what happens. When whichever bureaucrat decides lets empty the jails and prisons because of Covid-19; we only make the job harder not easier to manage.
I'm not a Cop because I wouldn't be able to manage my temper, so I knew better. At this moment in History though, when we likely need them most, well, we decided to take a massive steaming dump on Law Enforcement on a National scale.
Now that we know that George Floyd did not die from having his neck knelt on, well, perhaps that Officer didn't have any weight on George's neck? George dies from drug and alcohol abuse and years of poor decision making processes.
Well, we can't have people being held accountable for their actions, let them all out of jail, unless they are Law Enforcement that is.
And then someone always say's "If you work for the Public, we hold you to a higher standard", and I like to say, "Just like Politicians, right?"

Emotions aside, you cannot have a 200-lb man kneel on your neck for 9 minutes with their knee, in a possible pressure point unable to move and magically nothing happens to you.

Averageman
08-04-20, 19:02
Emotions aside, you cannot have a 200-lb man kneel on your neck for 9 minutes with their knee, in a possible pressure point unable to move and magically nothing happens to you.

Well, if we set emotions to the side and go by science, otherwise known as the autopsy, by your line of thinking, he must not have had his full weight on George Floyd's neck, otherwise the cause of death wouldn't be what it is.
I'm going on sixty, I have had very few interactions with Law Enforcement, mostly because I was raised right and didn't need to touch a hot stove twice to understand the ramifications. George Floyd chose another life. I'm alive and George isn't.
That's not Chinese Algebra, it's really very easy to achieve. People who go the way of George simply refuse to play by the rules. Cause and Effect, a life of crime and addiction leads to the grave.
George was lucky to live as long as he did.
BTW, was George released because of Covid 19?

yoni
08-04-20, 19:43
On Tucker Carlson tonight Keith Ellison AG of Minnesota said he was sitting on the video, so he could get a conviction.

That is not correct.

I will not change my mind that the second they cuffed Floyd up they were responsible for him. When it said he couldn't breath, they should have called for an aid unit. Then Floyd could have died of an od in the back of fire department truck, a totally different result for the country.

I now think involuntary manslaughter is the correct charge, since they didn't act on Floyds health issues.

jsbhike
08-04-20, 19:48
Well, when we don't offer enough training, pay or oversight to guys on the pointy end of the LEO spear this is what happens.

Per the Department he was trained

https://nypost.com/2020/06/24/derek-chauvin-knew-what-he-was-doing-in-george-floyds-death-police-chief/

and $90k a year seems pretty good.

https://govsalaries.com/chauvin-derek-m-30649148

I guess more oversight was/is needed.

LMT Shooter
08-04-20, 20:47
On Tucker Carlson tonight Keith Ellison AG of Minnesota said he was sitting on the video, so he could get a conviction.

That is not correct.

I will not change my mind that the second they cuffed Floyd up they were responsible for him. When it said he couldn't breath, they should have called for an aid unit. Then Floyd could have died of an od in the back of fire department truck, a totally different result for the country.

I now think involuntary manslaughter is the correct charge, since they didn't act on Floyds health issues.

The video clearly has the officer saying they had EMS enroute very shortly after Floyd was on the ground.

The knee in the neck was a bad idea, but I saw a scene where an individual was thwarting the attempts, using minimal force, by officers to get him into the back of the squad car. Floyd resisted the entire time. Floyd was an experienced criminal, he knew how to play the game, he played his hand. There were multiple aggitators/spectators that made the scene dangerous. It was a bad deal all around. All could have been avoided if Floyd either hadn't broken the law (again), or complied with the officers.

Chauvin will get convicted, I think all 3 others will not. And then we will see REAL riots, but that's 6-12 months down the road.

ChattanoogaPhil
08-05-20, 10:57
Since the autopsy indicates no asphyxiation or strangulation, and I'm guessing no broken neck, then how does a knee on the neck otherwise kill someone?

WickedWillis
08-05-20, 11:18
Well, if we set emotions to the side and go by science, otherwise known as the autopsy, by your line of thinking, he must not have had his full weight on George Floyd's neck, otherwise the cause of death wouldn't be what it is.
I'm going on sixty, I have had very few interactions with Law Enforcement, mostly because I was raised right and didn't need to touch a hot stove twice to understand the ramifications. George Floyd chose another life. I'm alive and George isn't.
That's not Chinese Algebra, it's really very easy to achieve. People who go the way of George simply refuse to play by the rules. Cause and Effect, a life of crime and addiction leads to the grave.
George was lucky to live as long as he did.
BTW, was George released because of Covid 19?

But the other autopsy that was performed cannot possibly be correct, just because Floyd was a shitbag and a career criminal? Just does not fit your agenda or what you think he "deserves"? Two separate autopsies confirmed two different causes of death. If it was cut and dry, they should have both said the exact same thing.

No one here is defending Floyd's life or the heinous things he did throughout it, and I don't think him being killed by Police makes him some great Saint or martyr. HOWEVER, the department is responsible for his death.

maximus83
08-05-20, 11:25
Since the autopsy indicates no asphyxiation or strangulation, and I'm guessing no broken neck, then how does a knee on the neck otherwise kill someone?

It likely doesn't. But the issue IMO isn't about directly killing him due to the knee. It's a matter of something like "depraved indifference" (or "negligence", or whatever other MN-specific legal term applies) to a suspect in custody who's having a serious medical event. Hell I could see it even on the video, the guy is clearly having some kind of mental breakdown on the spot, and shortness of breath even while he was still standing. Chauvin shouldn't have been kneeling on him so long without checking his medical condition, and responding appropriately by changing his approach, if there was any doubt. One of the other officers even says on the video: Shouldn't we roll him on his side? And then Chauvin dismisses that idea, the ambulance is coming. So even a fellow officer saw there was a problem and it needed attention immediately.

WillBrink
08-05-20, 12:15
It likely doesn't. But the issue IMO isn't about directly killing him due to the knee. It's a matter of something like "depraved indifference" (or "negligence", or whatever other MN-specific legal term applies) to a suspect in custody who's having a serious medical event. Hell I could see it even on the video, the guy is clearly having some kind of mental breakdown on the spot, and shortness of breath even while he was still standing. Chauvin shouldn't have been kneeling on him so long without checking his medical condition, and responding appropriately by changing his approach, if there was any doubt. One of the other officers even says on the video: Shouldn't we roll him on his side? And then Chauvin dismisses that idea, the ambulance is coming. So even a fellow officer saw there was a problem and it needed attention immediately.

Which I think brings us close to full circle in that a manslaughter charge may stick on Chauvin but the rest will likely get exonerated and there was no support for race being a factor in the event, contrary to the narrative and agenda. Chauvin may have shown poor judgement, will say he suspected Excited delirium taking place (which does not seem unreasonable to my non LE eyes) and didn't think the position was harming Floyd and so on.

Where he really messed up was in not checking on his status even after Floyd stopped all movement, others around him recommend perhaps flipping him over, etc. I think that's where they will be able to get him.

I'm just glad it's not me having to do that job.

mrbieler
08-05-20, 12:21
Just a ridiculous as those who claim saying "all lives matter" makes you a racist, there is this position that demanding police reform over issues like the George Floyd arrest makes you anti police or pro criminal.

We need officers with better training and given more tools and procedures to handle situations. George Floyd was apparently a POS. That has nothing to do with how they handled his arrest.

Today's news headline is the black family in Colorado who were pulled over because their SUV plates came back as a stolen motorcycle. The SUV contained a family and small children. They were removed from the vehicle at gunpoint and all proned out and two of the kids were cuffed. The department is apologizing, but stating the stop was within policy/guidelines. WTF policy makes this OK? I'm not OK with my local police operating like this.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/08/04/aurora-pd-handcuffs-family-gunpoint/

WickedWillis
08-05-20, 13:00
Just a ridiculous as those who claim saying "all lives matter" makes you a racist, there is this position that demanding police reform over issues like the George Floyd arrest makes you anti police or pro criminal.

We need officers with better training and given more tools and procedures to handle situations. George Floyd was apparently a POS. That has nothing to do with how they handled his arrest.

Today's news headline is the black family in Colorado who were pulled over because their SUV plates came back as a stolen motorcycle. The SUV contained a family and small children. They were removed from the vehicle at gunpoint and all proned out and two of the kids were cuffed. The department is apologizing, but stating the stop was within policy/guidelines. WTF policy makes this OK? I'm not OK with my local police operating like this.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/08/04/aurora-pd-handcuffs-family-gunpoint/

Yeah I saw nothing in that video that translated to putting kids on the ground at gunpoint, on the ****ing hot pavement. This is a big, but thankfully non lethal ****up. Jobs will probably be lost over this.

LMT Shooter
08-05-20, 15:12
Which I think brings us close to full circle in that a manslaughter charge may stick on Chauvin but the rest will likely get exonerated and there was no support for race being a factor in the event, contrary to the narrative and agenda. Chauvin may have shown poor judgement, will say he suspected Excited delirium taking place (which does not seem unreasonable to my non LE eyes) and didn't think the position was harming Floyd and so on.

Where he really messed up was in not checking on his status even after Floyd stopped all movement, others around him recommend perhaps flipping him over, etc. I think that's where they will be able to get him.

I'm just glad it's not me having to do that job.

I failed to mention in it my earlier post, but I agree this was possibly excited delirium, and nothing was likely to save Floyd if that is the true cause of death. If I was Chauvins attorney, this would be a possible defense. I wonder if either ME who performed an autopsy knew of ED, and saw the body camera footage. I may be wrong, but I think ED is very hard to determine in an autopsy. Nin

yoni
08-05-20, 15:17
I went to the article on the police stop in Colorado, are these cops really that stupid?

Look at the size of the plate on the SUV, it is a car sized plate not a motorcycle sized plate.

They need to be punished, sent to retraining and lectured about using their damn brains.

The girls family needs to sue for big money.

Nightvisionary
08-05-20, 15:52
This changes nothing. The video doesn't show anything we weren't already fully aware of. His initial resistance had very little to do with the force that continued to be applied long after it's use was no longer warranted. I don't think there is a single person, who like me, has attended some type of basic LE training academy who doesn't absolutely cringe every time they watch the original murder video. Best thing Chauvin can do at this point is commit ritual seppuku and hope for a better outcome on the next go round. His life is already over at this point.

SomeOtherGuy
08-05-20, 16:08
eh, nvm. long rant that solves nothing.

mrbieler
08-05-20, 16:19
removed

eightmillimeter
08-05-20, 23:27
This changes nothing. The video doesn't show anything we weren't already fully aware of. His initial resistance had very little to do with the force that continued to be applied long after it's use was no longer warranted. I don't think there is a single person, who like me, has attended some type of basic LE training academy who doesn't absolutely cringe every time they watch the original murder video. Best thing Chauvin can do at this point is commit ritual seppuku and hope for a better outcome on the next go round. His life is already over at this point.

I have no sympathy for former officer Chauvin. He single handedly set police back in this country 30 years.

Everything is justified until it isn’t. As far as I’m concerned some kind of manslaughter/homicide charge was bought the second that Floyd went dark. Biggest discounting of human life I’ve seen in the US in a long time. Everything was fine until Floyd was UC and they never so much as looked at him. He broke it, he bought it. If they rolled him the second he went dark and rendered some (any) type of aid and autopsy findings are identical, this becomes a non-issue.... but no, no, that didn’t happen because Chauvin didn’t give a shit and he was more worried about shown the crowd he knew what he was doing.

LMT Shooter
08-10-20, 18:26
The body cam footage from Ofc.Lane & Ofc. Kung were released publicly today. Much better quality than what was leaked.

https://youtu.be/XkEGGLu_fNU

Coal Dragger
08-10-20, 18:57
I went to the article on the police stop in Colorado, are these cops really that stupid?

Look at the size of the plate on the SUV, it is a car sized plate not a motorcycle sized plate.

They need to be punished, sent to retraining and lectured about using their damn brains.

The girls family needs to sue for big money.

Yes it seems that many cops in this country are indeed stupid. I have no doubt my local PD would have done the same thing.

ZGXtreme
08-10-20, 20:19
Yes it seems that many cops in this country are indeed stupid. I have no doubt my local PD would have done the same thing.

It used to not be that “dumb” (staffing that is). Since Ferguson boy have the pickings been slim as those you’d want on the street are the ones smart enough to say “screw that!” and seek employment doing something else.

Coal Dragger
08-10-20, 23:08
Funny you mention that I worked with a former police officer from a jurisdiction near Ferguson who had to go down there for the big show. He said that crap was the last straw.

ZGXtreme
08-10-20, 23:53
Funny you mention that I worked with a former police officer from a jurisdiction near Ferguson who had to go down there for the big show. He said that crap was the last straw.

Yeah the “Ferguson Effect” lives to this day. Those we want as cops are smart enough to stay far away and those who’ve gotten too far in their career to bail are just laying low biding their time.

jsbhike
08-11-20, 07:51
Yeah the “Ferguson Effect” lives to this day. Those we want as cops are smart enough to stay far away and those who’ve gotten too far in their career to bail are just laying low biding their time.

This one happened prior to Ferguson so in practice was already well below advertised claims and had been for quite some time, at least in certain areas.

https://youtu.be/HKgObpMS-bY

yoni
08-11-20, 15:13
Watching the new body cam footage, just really pissed me off.

I can't imagine being in the place of a rookie, that must tell your FTO, that he needs to get off a suspect. But that is what should have happened and it didn't.

Not the Police, not the EMS, had any regard for human life. Disgusting.

kwelz
08-11-20, 15:33
Watching the new body cam footage, just really pissed me off.

I can't imagine being in the place of a rookie, that must tell your FTO, that he needs to get off a suspect. But that is what should have happened and it didn't.

Not the Police, not the EMS, had any regard for human life. Disgusting.

Can't argue here. But far to many people, both on here and other places, are fine with his death because he wasn't a nice compliant little subject. They forget that it only takes a small change for them to be in his place.

jpmuscle
08-11-20, 15:50
Can't argue here. But far to many people, both on here and other places, are fine with his death because he wasn't a nice compliant little subject. They forget that it only takes a small change for them to be in his place.

I doubt anyone on here is a recreational Fentanyl doper or lives a life of crime?. I’m not, none of my friends or family are. Maybe you dabble? In addition to other alternative lifestyles.

Did he deserve what happened? Maybe in a cosmic karmatic sense but not in real life. But was it premeditated race based murder? No.

Weren’t you a robbery victim? Seems like that would resonate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kwelz
08-11-20, 16:25
I doubt anyone on here is a recreational Fentanyl doper or lives a life of crime?. I’m not, none of my friends or family are. Maybe you dabble? In addition to other alternative lifestyles.

Did he deserve what happened? Maybe in a cosmic karmatic sense but not in real life. But was it premeditated race based murder? No.

Weren’t you a robbery victim? Seems like that would resonate.

I just love the attempted underhanded and not so subtle implications as to my character. So mature, and so telling of your character.

I am not a robbery victim, but what does that have to do with the killing of George Floyd. The point is that his history had no bearing on he fact that he was killed. Even the events leading directly up to his death have no bearing on it. Police are not the arbitrators of "Karma" anymore than I am. Was he a dirtbag? Yep sure seems like it. Doesn't mean the officer isn't guilty.

jpmuscle
08-11-20, 16:42
I just love the attempted underhanded and not so subtle implications as to my character. So mature, and so telling of your character.

I am not a robbery victim, but what does that have to do with the killing of George Floyd. The point is that his history had no bearing on he fact that he was killed. Even the events leading directly up to his death have no bearing on it. Police are not the arbitrators of "Karma" anymore than I am. Was he a dirtbag? Yep sure seems like it. Doesn't mean the officer isn't guilty.

Welcome to the internet.

As to Floyd he was a spy dirt bag felon who if were being met a who’s end balanced out the scale of his life.

That said that’s not our system (despite its general protecting of the criminal class) and fortunately things like due process and the nuances of the law actually matter. Is Chauvin likely guilty? Oh yea and he should/will be held accountable.

But if you want to talk about character maybe be more objective in who you elevate to neo-Jesus status.

yoni
08-11-20, 16:47
If the Constitution means something, then it doesn't matter what kind of criminal record he had.

If we want to allow the police to kill people, based on their record. Then we are no longer a country where our rights are guarded by a Constitution.

Which means you don't need assault rifles, semi auto war guns on our streets, magazines that hold more than 6 bullets. You don't need to have the freedom to worship G-D or not to worship.

It has to work for all of us, or it will fail all of us.

Chauvin, needs about 20 years on this crime and maybe an other 20 on the tax charges to think about the role of police in society.

kwelz
08-11-20, 16:48
Welcome to the internet.

As to Floyd he was a spy dirt bag felon who if were being met a who’s end balanced out the scale of his life.

That said that’s not our system (despite its general protecting of the criminal class) and fortunately things like due process and the nuances of the law actually matter. Is Chauvin likely guilty? Oh yea and he should/will be held accountable.

But if you want to talk about character maybe be more objective in who you elevate to neo-Jesus status.

Yeah the Internet sucks. But last I checked we are supposed to be better here. Or is that rule out the window now?

Who is elevating Floyd here? He was a Shitbag, I said that above. That doesn't make what the officers did right. And also as I said above. How about when it is one of us being killed because we didn't turn in our Bump Stock/Binary Trigger/Suppressor/Assault weapon/whatever. It doesn't take much for us to become the bad guys in a lot of peoples eyes.

jsbhike
08-11-20, 17:24

Chauvin and his wife are alleged to have engaged in tax fraud for several years as well.

jsbhike
08-11-20, 17:32
Yeah the Internet sucks. But last I checked we are supposed to be better here. Or is that rule out the window now?

Who is elevating Floyd here? He was a Shitbag, I said that above. That doesn't make what the officers did right. And also as I said above. How about when it is one of us being killed because we didn't turn in our Bump Stock/Binary Trigger/Suppressor/Assault weapon/whatever. It doesn't take much for us to become the bad guys in a lot of peoples eyes.

I stated earlier that in a perfect world Floyd's kidnapping/raping victim would have been his intended victim and punched his ticket.

I never have figured out the train of thought that Party A being bad instantly makes Party B good on any issue. Both can, and typically do, suck. I also don't subscribe to the idea that Bad Party B(if a member of certain demographics) should suffer no consequences for causing the wrongful death of Bad Party B. While they may have done society a favor there is no reason we can't use 1 incident to get rid of the other burden as well.

kwelz
08-11-20, 17:50
I stated earlier that in a perfect world Floyd's kidnapping/raping victim would have been his intended victim and punched his ticket.

I never have figured out the train of thought that Party A being bad instantly makes Party B good on any issue. Both can, and typically do, suck. I also don't subscribe to the idea that Bad Party B(if a member of certain demographics) should suffer no consequences for causing the wrongful death of Bad Party B. While they may have done society a favor there is no reason we can't use 1 incident to get rid of the other burden as well.

You hit the nail on the head. If his victim had punched his ticket I would have considered it fitting. If he had pulled a gun and shot at police and they killed him, I would have shrugged and moved on. But neither of those is the case. He was on the ground with a knee on his neck for 8 minutes. At some point of which he died. Even a perfectly healthy person stood a good chance of dying in that condition.

As for Person A being bad so Person B must bed good. That is just human nature. The reality is usually much less clear. Who were the good guys at Waco? The truth is neither side. Who were the good guys in WW2, German, or Russia? I mean Russia was our ally right so they must be good! We know better. But our nature is to classify things much more simply.

Averageman
08-11-20, 17:55
My take on the autopsy was that Floyd was a dead man walking.
Maybe I'm not empathetic to IV drug users or don't like career criminals, but I don't think he would have survived the drive to either the station or the hospital.
So for me the greatest shame in all of this was kneeling on his neck, not because it killed him, but because the rioters were given an excuse.
But does anyone really need an excuse anymore?

ZGXtreme
08-11-20, 18:22
My take on the autopsy was that Floyd was a dead man walking.
Maybe I'm not empathetic to IV drug users or don't like career criminals, but I don't think he would have survived the drive to either the station or the hospital.
So for me the greatest shame in all of this was kneeling on his neck, not because it killed him, but because the rioters were given an excuse.
But does anyone really need an excuse anymore?

Agree. Had officers been ten minutes later arriving on scene he’d been an OD patient instead of this shit show we have now.