PDA

View Full Version : Sionics barrels-nitride?

everready73
08-06-20, 19:08
Have been trying to hunt down another Sionics barrel for a build. They just opened their website up to the public, but no stock.

I have been checking primary arms as well and see one in stock but it is nitride, not chrome. Does anyone know if they made a change, or added these to their lineup? I prefer chrome and the description for the barrel still is chrome lined on Sionics website. I emailed pa to ask if the description was correct and the guy said he confirmed it was

https://www.primaryarms.com/sionics-weapon-systems-556-mid-length-lightweight-contour-barrel-nitride-16in

I would just but a complete upper from them but prices have went up a good bit for an upper without bcg. From like $540 to $689. Not complaining, I know the current situation, but I have an upper receiver to build on and don't want to spend that much when I already have a build planned

titsonritz
08-06-20, 19:17
That is news to me, I have bought several barrels and uppers from SIONICS and they are all chrome lined. If they do I hope it an add and not a replacement. One of the reasons I've bought so many from them is because of the CL.

opngrnd
08-06-20, 19:19
I wonder if it's not "new old stock". For a while the company offered both options. Everything I've ever used from them has been good to go.

titsonritz
08-06-20, 19:20
It does have a different # 16-LW-S-N vs. 16-LW-S.

everready73
08-06-20, 19:26
That is news to me, I have bought several barrels and uppers from SIONICS and they are all chrome lined. If they do I hope it an add and not a replacement. One of the reasons I've bought so many from them is because of the CL.

Me too. I know they had an 18 nitride, but it was more of a spr stainless barrel. I love their barrels, hopefully they continue to offer chrome lined

I will email them directly and see if I get a reply, wanted to confirm the description on PA was correct before I bothered them as they are probably slammed

titsonritz
08-06-20, 20:28
Me too. I know they had an 18 nitride, but it was more of a spr stainless barrel. I love their barrels, hopefully they continue to offer chrome lined

I will email them directly and see if I get a reply, wanted to confirm the description on PA was correct before I bothered them as they are probably slammed

Yes, I the 18" was as you said the only one nitride one I recall.

ColtSeavers
08-06-20, 20:49
I wonder if it's not "new old stock". For a while the company offered both options. Everything I've ever used from them has been good to go.

This. They used to have a LOT of really good options, including choice of either Nitride or Chrome Lined barrels. Then they killed nearly all of them.

Steve-0-
08-07-20, 04:18
If its Nitride its not old stock. That means they had barrels made specifically with a nitride finish. Sionics hasnt had nitride barrels in stock in the stop since 2016

everready73
08-11-20, 10:18
Have been trying to hunt down another Sionics barrel for a build. They just opened their website up to the public, but no stock.

I have been checking primary arms as well and see one in stock but it is nitride, not chrome. Does anyone know if they made a change, or added these to their lineup? I prefer chrome and the description for the barrel still is chrome lined on Sionics website. I emailed pa to ask if the description was correct and the guy said he confirmed it was

https://www.primaryarms.com/sionics-weapon-systems-556-mid-length-lightweight-contour-barrel-nitride-16in

I would just but a complete upper from them but prices have went up a good bit for an upper without bcg. From like $540 to $689. Not complaining, I know the current situation, but I have an upper receiver to build on and don't want to spend that much when I already have a build planned

I just wanted to correct this on the upper pricing. I had mbus pros added to the upper as well as a charging handle and didn't realize it. Price is still a very reasonable $539, not $689.

SIONICS Weapon Systems
08-12-20, 01:36
Greetings.

Due to Market Demand and Multiple Requests, we have brought back the Nitride Barrels to our Barrel Lineup.

Moving forward, we will offer both Chrome-Lined and Nitrided 16" Barrels.

On another note, in the next week or so, we will be releasing our new series of DMR Rifles that feature German Stainless Steel Barrels. We have sent Demo DMR Rifles to some of of the LE Agencies we work with and our Pro Staff and have received Excellent Reviews. We will be happy to share some photographs in the near future.

As always, please do NOT hesitate to give us a call if you have any questions. Our Office Number is 520-396-3460.

everready73
08-12-20, 08:58
Greetings.

Due to Market Demand and Multiple Requests, we have brought back the Nitride Barrels to our Barrel Lineup.

Moving forward, we will offer both Chrome-Lined and Nitrided 16" Barrels.

On another note, in the next week or so, we will be releasing our new series of DMR Rifles that feature German Stainless Steel Barrels. We have sent Demo DMR Rifles to some of of the LE Agencies we work with and our Pro Staff and have received Excellent Reviews. We will be happy to share some photographs in the near future.

As always, please do NOT hesitate to give us a call if you have any questions. Our Office Number is 520-396-3460.

Awesome! Options are always good and glad you are offering both and not just the nitride personally. Are the blanks the same? I have had great results with the chrome barrels and may give a ntiride a shot as they are in stock at Primary Arms. Any chance you can hint when PA will get a restock of other items?

Please post some pics of the DMR guns barrels if you can. I check in on your website and at Primary arms for your stuff frequently and looking forward to seeing some new options.

SIONICS Weapon Systems
08-12-20, 10:30
The blanks are the same with minor differences to account for various tolerances.

Regarding Primary Arms and Rainier Arms, we are shipping to them constantly.

Regarding the DMR Rifles and DMR Upper Receivers, we will be posting pictures in the near future.

As always, please do NOT hesitate to give us a call at the shop if you have any questions. Our Office Number is 520-396-3460.

js8588
08-12-20, 13:36
"German Stainless Steel" ...LW50? Nitrided or...?

Very happy with the LW CL barrel I bought from you a couple months back.

SIONICS Weapon Systems
08-12-20, 13:45
The type of accuracy that you can expect out of our new 16" Stainless with Polygonal Rifling and 5.56 Chamber - 100 Yards - More photos to follow.

IKnowNotEverything
08-12-20, 15:34
That new lockup for the rail makes it looks so much cleaner. Will that be the new standard?

For more accuracy oriented uppers will you offer headspaced bolts? I know that's being picky, just curious.

ColtSeavers
08-12-20, 16:01
"German Stainless Steel" ...LW50? Nitrided or...?

As long as it's not Reardon Steel....

ColtSeavers
08-12-20, 16:02
The type of accuracy that you can expect out of our new 16" Stainless with Polygonal Rifling and 5.56 Chamber - 100 Yards - More photos to follow.

I know who (else?) makes those handguards. Very nice, I approve.

ETA: Glad to read you're bringing back some options, any decision to bring back nitride 4150 barrels again?

js8588
08-12-20, 16:11
As long as it's not Reardon Steel....

Reardon Metal is good.

ColtSeavers
08-12-20, 16:16
Reardon Metal is good.

Meant more as a tongue in cheek jab at 'we're not telling you'.

js8588
08-12-20, 16:27
Meant more as a tongue in cheek jab at 'we're not telling you'.

I was just referencing the original Ayn Rand source.

ColtSeavers
08-12-20, 16:46
I was just referencing the original Ayn Rand source.

Yes, I figured, I was referencing a certain Texas manufacturer.

everready73
08-12-20, 19:43
I know who (else?) makes those handguards. Very nice, I approve.

ETA: Glad to read you're bringing back some options, any decision to bring back nitride 4150 barrels again?

They brought them back. Primary Arms had the light and mid weight 4150 nitride barrels in stock for $175