PDA

View Full Version : CLP wars

ColtSeavers
08-09-20, 09:55
Read of something called G96 in another thread being used. I've never heard of G96 before (easily done as I stopped paying attention to the clp/lube/vegetable oil wars awhile ago).

Is it actually legit, or just like any other CLP?

I'm more than happy to use a better or current 'best' all in one CLP.

MikhailBarracuda91
08-09-20, 10:20
https://youtu.be/Np_m8jYDJMA

It's legit. It's my second choice, first being Slip 2000 ELW. But honestly for the price the G96 is a way better value than the ELW.

It doesn't burn off immediately like regular CLP so that's nice

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

m4luvr
08-09-20, 10:34
i’ve used it as a cleaner on and off for almost 30 years - doesn’t smell bad - i prefer other stuff for a lube but G96 is a good cleaner

Mutant90
08-09-20, 10:54
BCM uses the G96 Gun Treatment spray on their uppers. Smells like sweet cinnamon. Their CLP liquid lube seemed to work fine for me. From my experience the G96 CLP stays where I put it better than the SLIP 2000 EWL.

ColtSeavers
08-09-20, 11:06
Thank you all.

Didn't even know the ARMY changed CLP to G96, but according to the video it happened four years after I ETS'd.

everready73
08-09-20, 13:30
Army uses it currently. I prefer it over the break free. Not official data, but performed better for me in fun zero temps compared to breakfree

Torquetard
08-09-20, 14:34
BCM uses the G96 Gun Treatment spray on their uppers. Smells like sweet cinnamon. Their CLP liquid lube seemed to work fine for me. From my experience the G96 CLP stays where I put it better than the SLIP 2000 EWL.
How's it smell once you shoot? I like the ALG go-juice but it smells like I tried to smoke a crayon

Walker_Texasranger
08-09-20, 15:29
CLP is garbage for lube. It’s decent for cleaning but not like a solvent so I don’t get the point of it much.

I like Lucas Extreme oil or whatever it’s called, Black Rifle Balmz, and the Geissele really thin grease.

I brought a new AR to the range yesterday. I forgot to bring any lube and the gun was pretty dry. The range only had Otis CLP. I soaked the BCG in it and it was dry after 50 rounds.

Mutant90
08-09-20, 19:35
The CLP doesn't smell at all, only the Gun Treatment. The CLP is what I use for shooting, so no smell. I use the Gun Treatment when I put away the guns that I don't plan on shooting for a while. The Gun Treatment comes in a spray can and is a lot more runny so I only use it as a storage oil to wipe down guns.

Colt Carson
08-09-20, 21:40
The only place I use a CLP for lubrication is on areas that get really gunked up like the firing pin channel on my pistols.

Slater
08-09-20, 21:49
Breakfree has a product called "LP" (with apparently little to no cleaning action). It's noticeably thicker than CLP and is more of a lube.

CPM
08-09-20, 23:01
I switched to Mobile 1 Synthetic about a year ago and never looked back. Zero issues across numerous platforms of pistol and rifle, suppressed and unsuppressed, in all kinds of weather- from suppressed SBR’s in 110 Texas heat to 20 degree mornings in the duck blind.

I got so sick of all the opinions I just thought, if it’s good enough for my engine operating at thousands of rpms per minute, it’s probably ok for my controlled pairs.

Used a ton of CLP in the Army with no real issues.

Walker_Texasranger
08-10-20, 21:38
I switched to Mobile 1 Synthetic about a year ago and never looked back. Zero issues across numerous platforms of pistol and rifle, suppressed and unsuppressed, in all kinds of weather- from suppressed SBR’s in 110 Texas heat to 20 degree mornings in the duck blind.

I got so sick of all the opinions I just thought, if it’s good enough for my engine operating at thousands of rpms per minute, it’s probably ok for my controlled pairs.

Used a ton of CLP in the Army with no real issues.

There’s oil people that have said that car analogy doesn’t work because car oil has esters in it that attract water or something plus some other bad things about it that I can’t remember.

The Cherry Balmz guy says that oil is only ever used in closed systems with an oil pump and that guns are the only place that people try to use oil and it doesn’t make sense. That you need some type of grease.

But I don’t know. I don’t care enough to make a big deal about it. As long as it’s not really thin oil I’ll use whatever.

jpgm
08-10-20, 22:02
After watching the video the developer stated the bio-form of the clp is better than the straight synthetic formula. With that said the bio formula is only sold in the 4oz bottle. I'm going to order the bio formula and try it out.

jpgm

Colt Carson
08-10-20, 22:36
There’s oil people that have said that car analogy doesn’t work because car oil has esters in it that attract water or something plus some other bad things about it that I can’t remember.

The Cherry Balmz guy says that oil is only ever used in closed systems with an oil pump and that guns are the only place that people try to use oil and it doesn’t make sense. That you need some type of grease.

But I don’t know. I don’t care enough to make a big deal about it. As long as it’s not really thin oil I’ll use whatever.
When you shoot your gun I would think you inhale a small amount of stuff from the cartridge and an atomized mist of oil. Hopefully the folks formulating gun oil take this into consideration. Not so much with motor oil.

CPM
08-10-20, 23:40
When you shoot your gun I would think you inhale a small amount of stuff from the cartridge and an atomized mist of oil. Hopefully the folks formulating gun oil take this into consideration. Not so much with motor oil.

No manufacturers are thinking about that. When you shoot tens of thousands of suppressed rounds a year that’s the least of your concerns. Y’all keep buying those four ounce bottles for $20.

Colt Carson
08-11-20, 00:57
No manufacturers are thinking about that. When you shoot tens of thousands of suppressed rounds a year that’s the least of your concerns. Y’all keep buying those four ounce bottles for $20.
I pay about $10 for a 4 ounce bottle of gun oil. If I were spending (and shooting) thousands of dollars per year on ammunition, I would be more concerned with exposure rather than saving $20.

MistWolf
08-11-20, 06:28
...The Cherry Balmz guy says that oil is only ever used in closed systems with an oil pump and that guns are the only place that people try to use oil and it doesn’t make sense. That you need some type of grease...

Nothing but marketing hype. Plenty of machines use oil without an oil pump. There are plenty of firearms that don't need grease and oil works fine. I put a lot of rounds through an AR using nothing more than the dreaded Rem Oil and Birchwood Casey's Synthetic Gun Oil. Currently using Lucas Oil (regular, not the extreme). It costs more than Mobil 1 but it's less messy.

I remember G96 from back in the day. Dad had a can among the dozens of different lubes we used on our firearms. Nothing about it stands out, though.

08-11-20, 07:29
Bullshit. ALG ($11.50/4oz), Lubriplate/Lubrikit AW-350($9/4oz), Lubriplate/Lubrikit SFL 0w grease, and Cherrybalmz (a little more expensive and difficult to quantify, but the 5 pack is reasonable) all claim to have reduced toxicity. So obviously manufacturers are thinking about that. All three of those lubes work well; I’ve not used any of the others. Lubriplate AW350 is approved for food processing machinery, works well in guns, and is available in any quantity you want, from 4oz to 55gal, for super cheap. A gallon is $34, roughly comparable to Mobile 1 Synthetic.

CPM
08-11-20, 07:47
Bullshit. ALG ($11.50/4oz), Lubriplate/Lubrikit AW-350($9/4oz), Lubriplate/Lubrikit SFL 0w grease, and Cherrybalmz (a little more expensive and difficult to quantify, but the 5 pack is reasonable) all claim to have reduced toxicity. So obviously manufacturers are thinking about that. All three of those lubes work well; I’ve not used any of the others. Lubriplate AW350 is approved for food processing machinery, works well in guns, and is available in any quantity you want, from 4oz to 55gal, for super cheap. A gallon is $34, roughly comparable to Mobile 1 Synthetic.

U win

CPM
08-11-20, 07:49
I pay about $10 for a 4 ounce bottle of gun oil. If I were spending (and shooting) thousands of dollars per year on ammunition, I would be more concerned with exposure rather than saving $20.

Exposure to lead and and gas, bro. Not the .25oz of oil I put on the BCG.

Failure2Stop
08-11-20, 08:18
Military CLP has to adhere to MIL-PRF 63460:
http://everyspec.com/MIL-PRF/MIL-PRF-030000-79999/MIL-PRF-63460F_55745/

It is a demanding test protocol with extremely few products able to pass all aspects.
"CLP" per the MIL-PRF is leaps and bounds ahead of the old-school Break-Free CLP that many of us remember from our time in the military.
The old BF stuff hasn't been compliant with the revisions and updates to the MIL-PRF since the mid-90s, people in the logistics chains of most commands simply don't know because it's been available on GSA since Christ was a Corporal.
The funny thing is that now Break-Free has a most current rev available, compliant with MIL-PRF 63460F (where most are 63460E), which is pretty decent.
https://safariland.com/products/clp-cleaner-lubricant-and-preservative-15337

Because of where I work and who our primary customers are, I only use MIL-PRF compliant CLPs. I personally shoot nearly 100,000 rounds every year through 5.56, 7.62, and 6.5 rifles and machineguns, and I have no issues at all with current MIL-PRF CLPs.

This isn't to say that there aren't other good products out there, or specific application/needs products. I'm not selling any of them. The point is that a lot of folks are talking from a position of insufficient information to really provide useful and truthful current data and testing.

08-11-20, 08:56
U win

No, Jack does; see below. I merely disputed your obviously unresearched claims.

Military CLP has to adhere to MIL-PRF 63460:
http://everyspec.com/MIL-PRF/MIL-PRF-030000-79999/MIL-PRF-63460F_55745/

It is a demanding test protocol with extremely few products able to pass all aspects.
"CLP" per the MIL-PRF is leaps and bounds ahead of the old-school Break-Free CLP that many of us remember from our time in the military.
The old BF stuff hasn't been compliant with the revisions and updates to the MIL-PRF since the mid-90s, people in the logistics chains of most commands simply don't know because it's been available on GSA since Christ was a Corporal.
The funny thing is that now Break-Free has a most current rev available, compliant with MIL-PRF 63460F (where most are 63460E), which is pretty decent.

Because of where I work and who our primary customers are, I only use MIL-PRF compliant CLPs. I personally shoot nearly 100,000 rounds every year through 5.56, 7.62, and 6.5 rifles and machineguns, and I have no issues at all with current MIL-PRF CLPs.

This isn't to say that there aren't other good products out there, or specific application/needs products. I'm not selling any of them. The point is that a lot of folks are talking from a position of insufficient information to really provide useful and truthful current data and testing.
Thanks. You’re one of the last true experts posting on this forum. I appreciate the insight. Commercial KAC PDW, please. Any ideas on the original topic G96 meeting .mil standards?

CPM
08-11-20, 10:58
No, Jack does; see below. I merely disputed your obviously unresearched claims.

Thanks. You’re one of the last true experts posting on this forum. I appreciate the insight. Commercial KAC PDW, please. Any ideas on the original topic G96 meeting .mil standards?

Right, right, right....

I know this forum is a incestuous breeding ground of verbally fellating the subject matter experts’ info without actually reading or deciphering it, and I know you batt bois aren’t exactly known for your intellectual superiority, but let me know when you decipher the below, trust the same branch that let you breathe battery acid from burn pits for 6-15 months at a time, and exactly how much the perceived toxicity of the weapons lube you use matters. I’ll wait for your passive aggressive response that doesn’t address any of the questions I asked. I’ll be furiously scraping the carbon of the back of my bolts in the meantime, because stuff like that matters.

6.4 Toxicity clearance. Department of the Army (DA) regulations AR 40-5, Preventive Medicine, AR-70-1, Acquisition Policy, and DA Pamphlet 70-3, Acquisition Procedures, require that all new chemicals and materials being added to the Army supply system have a Toxicity Clearance. This involves a toxicological evaluation of materials to assure the safety of their use. The toxicological evaluation includes a thorough review of all data included on the CLP’s Safety Data Sheet, as well as that which is included in the complete product formulation disclosure (see 6.3.2).

08-11-20, 11:25
Right, right, right....

I know this forum is a incestuous breeding ground of verbally fellating the subject matter experts’ info without actually reading or deciphering it, and I know you batt bois aren’t exactly known for your intellectual superiority, but let me know when you decipher the below, trust the same branch that let you breathe battery acid from burn pits for 6-15 months at a time, and exactly how much the perceived toxicity of the weapons lube you use matters. I’ll wait for your passive aggressive response that doesn’t address any of the questions I asked. I’ll be furiously scraping the carbon of the back of my bolts in the meantime, because stuff like that matters.

6.4 Toxicity clearance. Department of the Army (DA) regulations AR 40-5, Preventive Medicine, AR-70-1, Acquisition Policy, and DA Pamphlet 70-3, Acquisition Procedures, require that all new chemicals and materials being added to the Army supply system have a Toxicity Clearance. This involves a toxicological evaluation of materials to assure the safety of their use. The toxicological evaluation includes a thorough review of all data included on the CLP’s Safety Data Sheet, as well as that which is included in the complete product formulation disclosure (see 6.3.2).

You’ve not addressed that I itemized and debunked every phrase below.

CPM
08-11-20, 11:32
You’ve not addressed that I itemized and debunked every phrase below.

Lol. Ok. Over generalizations like that are rarely accurate. Here’s an accurate statement. Some manufacturers are attempting to adhere to a vague Army requirement that somewhat addresses possible health concerns regarding the use of weapons lubrication. None of them are performing any biological testing or verification of adherence to the vague standard, as it is where it should be- at the very bottom of the priority list because it simply doesn’t matter at all.

This is like two people without COVID yelling at each other regarding masks. Neither one of us has any proof regarding any of these things. Also, you didn’t debunk anything, you rested your laurels on Jack’s post without actually reading any of the documentation. You also didn’t address any of my statement.

Aren’t you supposedly an NCO in Batt? Go lead your troops. If I had an NCO in my “SOF” unit that was spending this much time debating nonsense on the internet they’d be back in the airplane gang tomorrow.

08-11-20, 11:34
Lol. Ok. Over generalizations like that are rarely accurate. Here’s an accurate statement. Some manufacturers are attempting to adhere to a vague Army requirement that somewhat addresses possible health concerns regarding the use of weapons lubrication. None of them are performing any biological testing or verification of adherence to the vague standard, as it is where it should be- at the very bottom of the priority list because it simply doesn’t matter at all.

Have a nice day; thank you for your time.

CPM
08-11-20, 11:37
Have a nice day; thank you for your time.
U win.

jpmuscle
08-11-20, 11:39
Odd how Jack L. and 1168 are legit SMEs on small arms.

The rest of us are appreciative of the knowledge they’re putting out for consumption.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CPM
08-11-20, 12:02
Odd how Jack L. and 1168 are legit SMEs on small arms.

The rest of us are appreciative of the knowledge they’re putting out for consumption.

Cool! Waiting for Euro.

Euro, in advance, you also win. No need to poke your head in with some weird NOD’s flex, talk about what car you drive, how awesome the Corps was, how hard you train in inclement weather, how unhappy you are at work, what the best appendix VP9 holster is for bird dog shorts, or how great Florida(America’s disgusting sweaty nutsack) is. We’ve heard it all. I know, you and JP need to virtual 69 each other when you post, but please, there’s no need. In the meantime I’m going to quickly change my screen name to 11B20B4 and flex on all of the stripes on my right sleeve.

No one else on this site knows anything about anything if they haven’t been “vetted” by the site. This place has drifted into a group chat with like ten individuals blowing each other and four manufacturers while touting how terrible a forward grip is on a rifle, how awesome appendix carry is, and how anything other than a Glock 19 is unnecessary, unless it’s a Staccatto, of course.

It’s incredible how high-speed everyone is on the internet is or as a civilian. I’ve never met anyone online that wasn’t SOF or “attached to an infantry unit” and I’ve never met a cook in person.

Eurodriver
08-11-20, 12:32
Cool! Waiting for Euro.

Euro, in advance, you also win. No need to poke your head in with some weird NOD’s flex, talk about what car you drive, how awesome the Corps was, how hard you train in inclement weather, how unhappy you are at work, what the best appendix VP9 holster is for bird dog shorts, or how great Florida(America’s disgusting sweaty nutsack) is. We’ve heard it all. I know, you and JP need to virtual 69 each other when you post, but please, there’s no need. In the meantime I’m going to quickly change my screen name to 11B20B4 and flex on all of the stripes on my right sleeve.

No one else on this site knows anything about anything if they haven’t been “vetted” by the site. This place has drifted into a group chat with like ten individuals blowing each other and four manufacturers while touting how terrible a forward grip is on a rifle, how awesome appendix carry is, and how anything other than a Glock 19 is unnecessary, unless it’s a Staccatto, of course.

It’s incredible how high-speed everyone is on the internet is or as a civilian. I’ve never met anyone online that wasn’t SOF or “attached to an infantry unit” and I’ve never met a cook in person.

Did someone say, Eurodriver?

:)

PS I don’t disagree with you.

Five_Point_Five_Six
08-11-20, 12:36
Cool! Waiting for Euro.

You're very emotionally invested in a quart of motor oil.

CPM
08-11-20, 12:37
Did someone say, Eurodriver?

:)

PS I don’t disagree with you.

Do you want to go do karate in the garage?

08-11-20, 12:42
I’d be happy to send my bona fides to SeriousStudent, if he requests such a thing. But, I’m not a tribologist, just an instructor and user.

Jack L is pretty well vetted, and is the real deal.

Cool! Waiting for Euro.

I hold few of the opinions you associate with members of this site.
Anyway, thanks for participating, and I apologize for my derailment.

CPM
08-11-20, 12:43
I’d be happy to send my bona fides to SeriousStudent, if he requests such a thing. But, I’m not a tribologist, just an instructor and user.

Jack L is pretty well vetted, and is the real deal.

I hold few of the opinions you associate with members of this site.
Anyway, thanks for participating, and I apologize for my derailment.

Same.

26 Inf
08-11-20, 18:02
Cool! Waiting for Euro.

CPM, aside from the fact that you use Mobile 1 in non-emergency situations, that is some hilarious shit.

Again, some hilarious shit, and pretty close to true. Unfortunately, you used the statement in a way that could be interpreted to reference one of the truly class acts on the forum, Failure2Stop, who has never stooped to such hi-jinks. Additionally, 1168 has never struck me that way.

We need to meet in person, I was a cook for three years - high school job. I really liked working breakfast and the broiler (steaks).

BTW, what does 11B20B4 mean? When I got out 11B20 would have meant an infantry sergeant with no additional skill identifier, I got no idea what the B4 means.

ETA: I think I got in with the last post before this baby is closed.

GTF425
08-11-20, 18:14
B4 is for graduating Sniper School.

pag23
08-11-20, 18:39
Anybody ever try Superlube? I use the grease and spray lubricant on my vehicles and other household stuff with no issues... haven't tried it on my guns.

https://www.super-lube.com/

ColtSeavers
08-11-20, 19:35

Well, if it makes you feel any better...
http://www.army-portal.com/jobs/signal/25f.html

Just call me Peggy :p
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/GrandGrandioseDuiker-size_restricted.gif

markm
08-11-20, 23:01
It's legit. It's my second choice, first being Slip 2000 ELW.

I've had nothing but disappointment with anything Slip 2000. Their carbon cutter is a complete joke. I soaked a bolt and got absolutely nothing off of it. I could have poured the product back into the jar and it would have looked like new.

Their ELW I've only tried on my reloading press.... I figure it's metal and gets dirty. I lubes about as well as water does on a pane of glass. Thin and worthless.

I've tried grease, Mobile 1, etc. Nothing ever was very good.

For the hot desert, the only thing I've used with any success it Froglube. That stuff works good in the hot climate. It stays on the parts that need it.

Randall
08-11-20, 23:03
BCM uses the G96 Gun Treatment spray on their uppers. Smells like sweet cinnamon.

Is that what that is!? I always wondered. I buy new uppers just for the smell

Colt Carson
08-12-20, 00:08
I've had nothing but disappointment with anything Slip 2000. Their carbon cutter is a complete joke. I soaked a bolt and got absolutely nothing off of it. I could have poured the product back into the jar and it would have looked like new.

Their ELW I've only tried on my reloading press.... I figure it's metal and gets dirty. I lubes about as well as water does on a pane of glass. Thin and worthless.

For the hot desert, the only thing I've used with any success it Froglube. That stuff works good in the hot climate. It stays on the parts that need it.
I used Slip2000 EWL for years until I tried the Wilson Combat oils. I found the Slip2000 seemed to dry up easily. The WC oils are available in several thicknesses. I use the middle two. The “Universal” stays put so I use it on pistol frame rails, AR15 bolt carriers, etc. The next thinner “Oil” is good at creeping along pins and other places that are difficult to reach. There are other things I prefer about Wilson’s products, but that’s the short story.

26 Inf
08-12-20, 00:33
B4 is for graduating Sniper School.

I found the listings. My primary was 11B5Y when I retired - yankee was the SQI for pathfinder. So now I guess it would be 11B5PF7?

I was also a Jumpmaster, 5W, so how would that that shake out if I was in an actual Pathfinder billet?

I may have to get some tats revised. :jester:

BufordTJustice
08-12-20, 00:33
I use either Lucas Extreme Gun Oil or Geissele purple juice. I’ve had decent luck with Slip 2k EWL and FireClean (though FC gets contaminated if you mix it with other lubes).

No reason to go broke on this stuff.

Don’t use motor oil though. It’s got Benzene that gets aerosolized and is highly carcinogenic when you breathe it in.

And, yes, you will be inhaling a certain percentage of any lube that you choose in am AR. Not a huge deal for a quality live that is non-toxic.

R0CKETMAN
08-12-20, 05:19
I've tried Mobile 1

Don’t use motor oil though. It’s got Benzene that gets aerosolized and is highly carcinogenic when you breathe it in.

And, yes, you will be inhaling a certain percentage of any lube that you choose in am AR.

....and that explains it :)
https://media1.giphy.com/media/Wg6sfwn9f0sJq/giphy.gif

GTF425
08-12-20, 05:39
I may have to get some tats revised. :jester:

Stolen valor. :jester:

6B trumped 5W on my "official" MOS. I'm not sure how that's determined, to be honest. 11B3V was the only thing that mattered, IMO.

BuzzinSATX
08-12-20, 07:34

MarkM,

Suggest you pick up a tube of Superlube if you are looking for something to really stand up well:

https://www.super-lube.com/

It widely available, relatively cheap, and a tube will last you a while:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Super-Lube-3-oz-Tube-Synthetic-Grease-with-Syncolon-PTFE-21030/202932687

I use this stuff for all my metal on metal lube needs and it stays put and doesn’t run. And it’s clear and it’s not break down over time nearly as fast as FL. Excellent for guns, fishing gear, machinery, door hinges, etc.

Super-Lube makes a lot of products but all I can vouch for is the grease I buy at Home Depot. No smell, no color.

markm
08-12-20, 08:24
I found the Slip2000 seemed to dry up easily.

Absolutely. That shit is horrible. I mean... how can a company put out such worthless product? It's not like testing it involves anything more than going to the range. One mag, and you'd be like.... "back to the drawing board!"

MarkM,

Suggest you pick up a tube of Superlube if you are looking for something to really stand up well:

I appreciate it, but I've already swimming in misc gun lubes. And am totally pleased with Froglube. I couldn't ask for more out of an AR lube. Pappabear bought a lifetime supply of the stuff too.

everready73
08-12-20, 08:54
Absolutely. That shit is horrible. I mean... how can a company put out such worthless product? It's not like testing it involves anything more than going to the range. One mag, and you'd be like.... "back to the drawing board!"

I appreciate it, but I've already swimming in misc gun lubes. And am totally pleased with Froglube. I couldn't ask for more out of an AR lube. Pappabear bought a lifetime supply of the stuff too.

I have heard of issues with frog lube if the gun sits for extended periods (few months). It can gum up and cause reliability issues. Have you ever experienced this? I know you guys shoot a good bit so maybe never had anything sitting to long

I have also heard of issues in cold weather, but not much of a concern where you are

MikhailBarracuda91
08-12-20, 09:14

For the hot desert, the only thing I've used with any success it Froglube. That stuff works good in the hot climate. It stays on the parts that need it.Dang that sucks. It's worked well for me. I oiled a rifle with it and shot probably 300 rounds. I pulled the same rifle out of the safe a month later and the internals were still wet, just very dirty.

I honestly don't put that much thought into which brand is better. My mentality is that as long as you're using something as good or better than break free CLP you're good.

I'm not in the military so that's just my opinion. As long as it's freshly lubed and somewhat clean, it should be fine in the event I need to fire a magazine.

TBH I'm more of an AK guy and that's probably where my thought process originates from. Love my Kalash.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Saber329
08-12-20, 10:14
Lube threads always get ugly.....I can't believe I got sucked-in.

Not to throw fuel on the fire, but how does TW25B fit in? Fortunately, I missed getting deployed to the sandbox and was able to ETS and return home, but it's my understanding a lot of it was issued and performed well. I've tried it once, the only trouble I had was it separated in the container if it sat very long.

ETA: I was an 11B and qualified as an 11BC2, with an EIB. No AB Wings and I wasn't SF (sorry to disappoint the keyboard commandos among us) I was just a dirty, nasty Leg AND....... never disrespect or look down upon a cook. I'd like to have a dollar for every time I came back on base in the wee hours of the morning, drunk as an f'n monkey and as long as those guys were in the DFAC, I left with a full stomach. They may have fed me through the back door like a stray dog, but they always fed me, just because I was respectful to them. They earn their keep and FWIW, one of the best Thanksgiving Dinners I ever had was prepared by a staff of US Army Cooks.....thank you boys.

08-12-20, 15:28

Not to throw fuel on the fire, but how does TW25B fit in? Fortunately, I missed getting deployed to the sandbox and was able to ETS and return home, but it's my understanding a lot of it was issued and performed well. I've tried it once, the only trouble I had was it separated in the container if it sat very long.

ETA: I was an 11B and qualified as an 11BC2, with an EIB. No AB Wings and I wasn't SF (sorry to disappoint the keyboard commandos among us) I was just a dirty, nasty Leg AND....... never disrespect or look down upon a cook. I'd like to have a dollar for every time I came back on base in the wee hours of the morning, drunk as an f'n monkey and as long as those guys were in the DFAC, I left with a full stomach. They may have fed me through the back door like a stray dog, but they always fed me, just because I was respectful to them. They earn their keep and FWIW, one of the best Thanksgiving Dinners I ever had was prepared by a staff of US Army Cooks.....thank you boys.

Yeah, love cooks. Anyone that goes around dissing the support dudes is probably a shitbird.

I got issued a lifetime supply of TW25b for the beltfeds. It works fine on M4’s both in the desert and at home. I haven’t tried it in -0F weather or anything like that. Yeah, it does separate, but the oversized tube is easy to shake up. The small tubes can be kind of a pain to re-mix, but honestly I doubt it matters.

Colt Carson
08-12-20, 20:05

A lubricant that separates would be a no-go for me. Wouldn’t it also separate on the weapon?

Linebacker
08-12-20, 23:06
After watching the video the developer stated the bio-form of the clp is better than the straight synthetic formula. With that said the bio formula is only sold in the 4oz bottle. I'm going to order the bio formula and try it out.

jpgm

I spoke to them on the phone. They indicated that the bio-form has superior lubricity as compared to the straight synthetic formula.

Hulkstr8
08-14-20, 10:51
If anyone was looking. Here is the mil spec version of break free:

https://www.amazon.com/Break-Free-Cleaner-Lubricant-Preservative-Squeeze/dp/B0050GW7KU/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=clp+mil+spec&qid=1597420280&sr=8-2

Slater
08-14-20, 10:54
I've used Breakfree over the years with no complaints, but I think the formula has evolved over time.

Saber329
08-14-20, 16:16
I've used Breakfree over the years with no complaints, but I think the formula has evolved over time.

It has, numerous times.

mbinky
08-14-20, 16:59
If anyone was looking. Here is the mil spec version of break free:

https://www.amazon.com/Break-Free-Cleaner-Lubricant-Preservative-Squeeze/dp/B0050GW7KU/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=clp+mil+spec&qid=1597420280&sr=8-2

Lol first product question on the page....he ain't lyin' :D

https://i.postimg.cc/d18FD0xJ/Screen-Shot-2020-08-14-at-5-56-46-PM.png

davidjinks
08-14-20, 17:20
It’s currently what is being used in the Army for CLP. They are also using TW25, MC3000 for other types of weapon systems.

It’s all I’ve been using for the last 10 years along with their Crud Buster spray. It works and is fairly inexpensive. I buy it by the gallon.

Read of something called G96 in another thread being used. I've never heard of G96 before (easily done as I stopped paying attention to the clp/lube/vegetable oil wars awhile ago).

Is it actually legit, or just like any other CLP?

I'm more than happy to use a better or current 'best' all in one CLP.

ColtSeavers
08-14-20, 18:57
It’s currently what is being used in the Army for CLP. They are also using TW25, MC3000 for other types of weapon systems.

It’s all I’ve been using for the last 10 years along with their Crud Buster spray. It works and is fairly inexpensive. I buy it by the gallon.

Thank you as well.

Disciple
08-14-20, 20:33

Is there any meaningful difference between 63460F compliant products? G96, Break-Free, Radcolube, etc.?

26 Inf
08-14-20, 21:43
Lol first product question on the page....he ain't lyin' :D

https://i.postimg.cc/d18FD0xJ/Screen-Shot-2020-08-14-at-5-56-46-PM.png

I Liked this answer:

Make sure you take the bus. If you really wanna show some flair, go out of your way first to get a fresh high n’ tight. Military alignment with the ol’ belt buckle, some nice civilian go fasters and you’re sure to find someone who will want your BAH.

Buncheong
08-15-20, 12:47
Fortunately, I missed getting deployed to the sandbox and was able to ETS and return home, but it's my understanding a lot of it was issued and performed well. I've tried it once, the only trouble I had was it separated in the container if it sat very long.

Forgive the derailment but I have to say thank you for this post ^

I volunteered for deployment to Afghanistan and Iraq again and again but was told “no” by the NCOIC. Our wing stayed CONUS to continue F-16 aircrew training while our AD counterpart was deployed overseas.

Got out with an Honorable after six years having never left the American southwest.

Have always felt like a second class citizen among veterans who went downrange.

Thanks for writing what you did, I appreciate your words.

mbinky
08-15-20, 20:32
Here is some real "old school" CLP I have laying around...the kind where you can see the teflon before you shake it lol.

https://i.postimg.cc/wvcXJb4R/DSCN1208.jpg

I have a bottle of G96 I use frequently. No issues on 1911's, Glocks, whatever. I like it. The last CLP I got from hazmat was either G96 or Royco. I hated the smell of the Royco stuff and I think the G96 cleans a little better. Although I think the old school stuff in the pic cleans the best.

Saber329
08-16-20, 13:48
Forgive the derailment but I have to say thank you for this post ^

I volunteered for deployment to Afghanistan and Iraq again and again but was told “no” by the NCOIC. Our wing stayed CONUS to continue F-16 aircrew training while our AD counterpart was deployed overseas.

Got out with an Honorable after six years having never left the American southwest.

Have always felt like a second class citizen among veterans who went downrange.

Thanks for writing what you did, I appreciate your words.

No need to feel that way. A soldier does what he's told to do, where he's told to do it; you did your job, so be very proud of that fact.

Thank you for your service.

DEPUTY346
08-19-20, 00:02
Castrol synthetic for lubrication.

recon
08-19-20, 23:09
Will have to try some G96. Right now I'm using FP10 for lube. Have been for years.
https://shooters-choice.com/fp-10-lubricant-elite/

vicious_cb
08-19-20, 23:21
Not another lube thread...just use something anything thats wet FFS.

https://www.breachbangclear.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/billymays550.jpg
https://www.breachbangclear.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/lube_in_use550.jpg