PDA

View Full Version : Concealed Carry Belts

VA_Dinger
06-18-06, 03:14
I need to buy a new belt for concealed carry. I have already ordered a new Wilderness Instructor 5-stitch for regular everyday carry. Now I need a better looking leather belt. I have found a few that interests me. Do you guys have any better suggestions?

This is what I've found so far:

Liger belt:
www.ligerproducts.com/product/catalog_ligerbelt_150.htm

The Belt Man:
www.thebeltman.net/bullhide.htm

KyBlaster
06-18-06, 07:10
Ross Leather makes a good quality belt at a reasonable price. I have been using one for about a year and I like it alot.

http://www.ccwsupply.biz/RossLeatherBeltsPAGE.htm

Ben Lenett
06-18-06, 08:03
If you need a leather belt for carrying a weapon, the two best leather companies hands down are Kramer Leather and Milt Sparks. Their products are second to none.

bigbore
06-18-06, 08:04
Galco CB4 Contoutr belt
http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterP3.asp?ProductID=1312&CatalogID=254

Erick Gelhaus
06-18-06, 08:48
For a leather belt, I concur with Ben. I've been using Kramer for years and am extremely happy with their products.

Aubrey
06-18-06, 12:03
Another satisfied Milt Sparks belt customer. I don't have a belt from Lou Alessi (yet), but I would expect his belts to be the equal of his most-excellent holsters.

Note that most good leather gun belts are quite thick for stiffness, so those that are cut on a contour will be more comfortable and better fitting.

I opted for tapered ends on my Milt Sparks belt and highly recommend this option to keep the visible portion of the belt/buckle from looking so much like a duty belt.

USMC03
06-19-06, 00:18
Another vote for Kramer. I've been using the Kramer double horse hyde leather belt for carrying concealed 12+ hours a day both on duty as a plain clothes detective and off duty concealed carry. It is the most comfortable, thickest, most rigid concealed gun belt I have ever owned.

They cost some coin, but are worth every cent.

Hawkeye
06-19-06, 21:06
For leather, I have had excellent service out of a couple of Galco belts for a few years now. They are a decent option if you dont want to or cant spend a lot of money.
That said, I have heard good things about both Kramer and Sparks so I'll probably try one of theirs next.

corey d
07-16-06, 23:49
check out tucker leather. they make a real good belt.

cd

dubb-1
07-17-06, 07:27
I have used Milt Sparks exclusively for years. I just let my wife use one for the first time--now I have to order three more!:D

Sam
07-25-06, 09:24
Like others said, Milt Sparks and Alessi are top notch. Some others are:
www.delfatti.com
www.bulmangunleather.com
Plan for long waits for the above products, but they're worth the wait.

www.raftersgunleather.com (they make Belts for Wilson Combat), reasonable price and delivery time. I would say they're second notch for quality, good enough for everyday wear when you don't mind getting scuffed.

JLM
07-27-06, 02:15
Anyone ever use the Aker's with the 'insert'? Galls sells them.

rob_s
07-30-06, 06:28
I am very partial to Sam Andrews stuff. He's a small shop in north-central Florida and makes fantastic leather products. I have had one of his belts as a daily-wearer for going on 8 years now with no problems.

http://www.andrewsleather.com/

TOrrock
07-30-06, 09:08
I've got a Kramer horse hide and couldn't be happier. I've also used Galco in the past and while they're "OK", for the money they ask for them I'm willing to spend a little more and go with Kramer.

Pat_Rogers
07-30-06, 09:18
I use the Milt Sparks belts almost exclusively. I say almost because when working I use a Wilderness belt, and i have used a Kramer in the past- an excellent belt!
I have been using Milt Sparks since the mid 80's. when i worked at a place that issued MiltSparkes belts and Summer Specials.
While the cop adage is "If it's for free, i'll take three" is always in play, i have purchased a whole lot from Milt Sparks, and for a reason.

Steve_Morrison
07-30-06, 12:27
Not that what I have to say matters after Pat, but I am a big fan of Milt Sparks and the Wilderness 5 stitch instructor belts. I've been wearing both daily for a long time and am very happy with them. I've never used one,, but I have a couple customers with belts from Lou Alessi with which they are very happy.

One feature I appreciate about the Sparks belts is they are cut on a contour, the back does not get pinched as does a straight cut belt.

nyeti
08-12-06, 03:09
Ditto on the Milt Sparks for leather. I also received a Bulman rig recently for my HK P7, and his belt was also excellent. WHile I haven't used them, I have heard good things from some pretty knowledgeable folks (not on the internet:D ) about the beltman products.

I have been using Milt Sparks leather since the late 80's (Pat is MUCH older than I am), and have never had anything but an exceptional product from them, so this would be my first choice.

nyeti
08-12-06, 03:12
Not that what I have to say matters after Pat, but I am a big fan of Milt Sparks and the Wilderness 5 stitch instructor belts. I've been wearing both daily for a long time and am very happy with them. I've never used one,, but I have a couple customers with belts from Lou Alessi with which they are very happy.

One feature I appreciate about the Sparks belts is they are cut on a contour, the back does not get pinched as does a straight cut belt.

If your such a big fan, how come you only shipped a Summer Special and mag pouch with my THUG and no belt.......................;) .

MSU721
08-12-06, 10:26
I have had good luck with Rafter S. I have several of their belts and us one almost everyday.

I also have an Alessi belt which is great, but I shrunk and it is now too loose:(, bitter sweet I guess.

When I am helping out in the Blue Berry field and getting really dirty I use a Wilderness belt with Comptac Kydex.

The leather is my favortite but all three products hav e server me very well.

mark5pt56
08-13-06, 04:31
Paul, My only experience is with a Bianchi-got it 20 years ago at the Rod and Gun club in then West Germany. I still wear it, the stitching is starting to go. I need to go by the shoe shop and have them sew it up.

Point is, spend the money and it will do you well! Stay with any of the good brands mentioned and you won't go wrong.

I'm sure I will get a new one and it will probably outlast me at this stage. It will be a contour though.

Mark

Sam
08-13-06, 06:30
http://www.hunt101.com/img/417841.jpg

Alessi belt, 1.5" tapered to 1" and Alessi PCH holster.

MiamiARFan
08-13-06, 07:42
If you need a leather belt for carrying a weapon, the two best leather companies hands down are Kramer Leather and Milt Sparks. Their products are second to none.

+1 for Kramer and Milt Sparks