PDA

View Full Version : Latest Rasmussen poll, 12% drop in Support for Gun Control

Esq.
08-12-20, 15:43
https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/current_events/gun_control/27_with_guns_in_the_house_bought_one_in_last_six_months

People aren't that bright, but more of them are figuring out you can't "just call the police" every time something bad happens.........

PracticalRifleman
08-12-20, 15:44
Hopefully those 12% consider the issue in November.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Esq.
08-12-20, 15:46

That would be enough to ensure a Trump victory I'm pretty sure.....IF he can stabilize the economy at all and get some folks back to work, I think it could be enough to win....

Whiskey_Bravo
08-12-20, 16:32
My neighbor called me out of the blue this morning. Really nice mid 60s retired Indian guy. He asked me if I was a member of the NRA and I was thinking to myself where the hell is this going. I have never talked politics or guns with the guy. I said yes and he said "great, I have never owned a gun before but would like to buy one and I would like to get some formal training on how to use it." I was a little shocked. I directed him to a couple of different shops and a couple of different entry level type trainers.

I recommended 9mm Glock first or S&W M&P if he couldn't find a glock and gave him a couple of places to try to find it that were not places like Cabelas. He txted me this afternoon and is signed up for training already and found a S&W M&P shield 2.0 9mm in stock(no glocks in stock at all).

Crazy times.

flenna
08-12-20, 17:03
Biden/Harris are smart enough not to bring up gun control in the next 90 days even though it was front and center during the debates. If you remember during the debates Harris said if she was president she would give Congress 100 days to pass gun control legislation before she would do it herself irregardless of whether its Constitutional.

chadbag
08-12-20, 17:09
Biden/Harris are smart enough not to bring up gun control in the next 90 days even though it was front and center during the debates. If you remember during the debates Harris said if she was president she would give Congress 100 days to pass gun control legislation before she would do it herself irregardless of whether its Constitutional.

hopefully Trump/Pence can bring it up. Every chance they get.

markm
08-12-20, 17:21
I know I've had at least three people hit me up out of the blue with gun recommendation questions. Usually they don't listen, and buy some garbage anyway.

mrbieler
08-12-20, 17:24
I don’t think Biden Harris ticket will impact left leaning voters on the gun control issue. These are the same idiots who ran out this summer trying to buy guns and were told they have a waiting period or background checks. They don’t understand how it impacts them and they still won’t come November.

Esq.
08-12-20, 17:56

No way Biden has the mental acuity not to rub his tonsils with his loafers on this.....

MountainRaven
08-12-20, 20:13

I doubt they're that smart. Steve Bullock (Democrat, Montana's current governor, running for a Senate seat currently held by a Republican, and his running is supposed to have made the race for Montana's Senate seat this year more competitive) said, in a debate with the incumbent, that he wants to ban assault weapons and cited Dick's and Walmart's decisions to stop selling them. The incumbent (Steve Daines, Republican) pointed out that he, Daines, has an A+ rating from the NRA while Bullock has an F.

If Steve Bullock, who has lived in Montana for most of his adult life, successfully run for Lieutenant Governor twice and Governor twice cannot not sound like a Bloomberg flesh puppet... I don't think that two more moderate Democrats trying to hype up the extremists in their base are going to be smart enough to leave it well enough alone. And as far as I can tell, they haven't been that smart.

titsonritz
08-12-20, 22:45

hopefully Trump/Pence can bring it up. Every chance they get.

Pass it around...
https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/

Bulletdog
08-13-20, 00:14
Pass it around...

That is a horror story the likes of which I've never seen.

ghideon
08-13-20, 01:30
CA dude over here.

I've had two former co-workers that I'm on good terms with hit me up for advice. Luckily, they are both in AZ. I think their wives (who I both know) may have been against firearms ownership, but that looks like it changed. This was around the start of COVID (so before any kind of rioting).

Even then, securing ammo was tough for them.

vicious_cb
08-13-20, 01:46

It won't matter what the population thinks once the dems in are power. Hell yes they will take your AR-15.

Zane1844
08-13-20, 02:24
Pass it around...

That was an atrocity.

Esq.
08-13-20, 08:43
It won't matter what the population thinks once the dems in are power. Hell yes they will take your AR-15.

Does the Wolf care what the Sheep thinks?

gaijin
08-13-20, 12:57

$1K says FukTard Joe can’t rattle off three of those line items from memory.
What a shitshow.

REDinFL
08-13-20, 14:00

Ratface Beto is a' comin' to my house
Ratface Beto is a' comin' to my house

Gonna take my AR-14