PDA

View Full Version : Is this Portland PD ?

Averageman
08-13-20, 10:10
http://https://www.redstate.com/shipwreckedcrew/2020/08/13/896236/
Portland PD came with the action in a big way tonight in downtown Portland. I’ve made similar comments over the past two weeks since the rioters had abandoned downtown Portland for the non-federal neighbors in the suburbs, but the Portland PD has changed the dynamic of the riots.
State and local police were finally put to the task of cleaning out the two parks across the street from the courthouse, thereby depriving the rioters of their staging and retreat areas. The state and local police then took back control of the streets in the area of the courthouse, denying the rioters easy areas to assemble in large numbers. With their logistics and planning disrupted the rioters shifted their focus to suburban Portland PD Precinct stations for the past two weeks. But the State Police and Portland PD became progressively more aggressive in dealing with the riots in the suburbs, and the protesters also wore out their welcome with the Portlanders who live there.

The Link is Picture and video heavy !

Whiskey_Bravo
08-13-20, 10:17
http://https://www.redstate.com/shipwreckedcrew/2020/08/13/896236/
Portland PD came with the action in a big way tonight in downtown Portland. I’ve made similar comments over the past two weeks since the rioters had abandoned downtown Portland for the non-federal neighbors in the suburbs, but the Portland PD has changed the dynamic of the riots.
State and local police were finally put to the task of cleaning out the two parks across the street from the courthouse, thereby depriving the rioters of their staging and retreat areas. The state and local police then took back control of the streets in the area of the courthouse, denying the rioters easy areas to assemble in large numbers. With their logistics and planning disrupted the rioters shifted their focus to suburban Portland PD Precinct stations for the past two weeks. But the State Police and Portland PD became progressively more aggressive in dealing with the riots in the suburbs, and the protesters also wore out their welcome with the Portlanders who live there.

The Link is Picture and video heavy !

FYI when I click on your link it redirects to some sort of home improvement website. Kind of weird.

Averageman
08-13-20, 10:24
FYI when I click on your link it redirects to some sort of home improvement website. Kind of weird.

Sorry, it didn't work for me either.
https://www.redstate.com/shipwreckedcrew/2020/08/13/896236/
It warmed my heart to see those Hippies take a beating.

Belmont31R
08-14-20, 04:44
Oregon State Police are pulling out of Portland because they won't prosecute criminals. Portland DA issued a statement they will drop charges for rioting behavior and closely examine assault on an officer charges. **** that city.

https://www.newsweek.com/oregon-state-police-pull-out-portland-say-da-wont-prosecute-protesters-1525048

jpmuscle
08-14-20, 05:50
Oregon State Police are pulling out of Portland because they won't prosecute criminals. Portland DA issued a statement they will drop charges for rioting behavior and closely examine assault on an officer charges. **** that city.

https://www.newsweek.com/oregon-state-police-pull-out-portland-say-da-wont-prosecute-protesters-1525048

This.

Portland can burn. It’s basically a failed state now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HKGuns
08-14-20, 06:57
Portland is a city.

The_War_Wagon
08-14-20, 07:06

Maybe the Anqueefers will be forced to REBUILD what they destroyed! :D

Ye olde Anqueefer good-works chain gang holds GREAT appeal to me! :laugh:

Whiskey_Bravo
08-14-20, 08:11
Portland is a city.

witty

Averageman
08-14-20, 08:50
You watch the News and you can see the writing on the wall for less progressive Cities who are now trying to emulate the Left Coast Metropolis Commies.
Austin City Counsel just pooped the bed and cut Police funding, so now the onus of responsibility for protecting the Capital Building will fall completely on the DPS and Texas Rangers.
I don't know if you've walked around Austin at night lately, but it aint the place to be and this is going to make things worse. I believe the Governor may be able to pull something out of his bags of tricks on this though.

jpmuscle
08-14-20, 09:53
Portland is a city.

And it’s the equivalent of a “failed state” wherein a government has lost its legitimacy and ability to function.

I’m well aware Portland is a city lol

HKGuns
08-14-20, 09:56
And it’s the equivalent of a “failed state” wherein a government has lost its legitimacy and ability to function.

I’m well aware Portland is a city lol

Ok, we agree on that part, just making sure you knew it was a city. :)

Averageman
08-14-20, 11:20
Ok, we agree on that part, just making sure you knew it was a city. :)

I have a question for you. What can a Governor do if a Mayor in his State guts Law Enforcement until the Public Safety is effected in a dangerous way?
Can a Governor take the power away from the Mayor in such a case?

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-14-20, 11:27
I have a question for you. What can a Governor do if a Mayor in his State guts Law Enforcement until the Public Safety is effected in a dangerous way?
Can a Governor take the power away from the Mayor in such a case?

They could always enforce state laws correct? Here in Colorado we have cities called “home rule“ that have a bit more autonomy. Most big metro centers are also their own county, so you don’t have that avenue either. The Denver county sheriff is the mayors bitch here.

I think the real solution is to open a civil rights investigation on the DAs, and start gathering intelligence on how they are not protecting people civil rights, and then go after them for those kind of charges. You have to hand it to Soros for his organization for seeing that the DAs are a very economical way to corrupt the system. All assemblies for city Council’s are expensive to bribe, cops especially at the operational level probably aren’t down with the program. Getting the DA in there is control law and law enforcement.

Averageman
08-14-20, 11:36
Currently the Austin City Counsel is operating hand and hand with the Mayor, there is little or no concern if Austin turns in to Portland.
http://https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2020/august/austin-city-council-slashes-police-funding-by-23m-shifts-portion-of-money-to-fund-abortion
As Austin is the States Capital here, I'm concerned as the Governor should be, that the State will not be able to conduct it's business unless there is adequate Austin Police.
We had the State AG and the Austin Police Chief work together to contain/remove Antifa and BLM a couple of weeks ago, it would seem being now light 150,000,000 bucks they can't do that again. So now, what stops these groups from holding the State hostage?

HKGuns
08-14-20, 12:06
These are all clear indications of why we need less government. Typical knee jerk reaction by elected pussies, who are afraid to say no to the thugs. It is well past time for these people to be out of our lives.

Averageman
08-14-20, 12:20
I'm all for less Government, but I would like basic Public safety and service like Fire, Police, Mail, water and sewer. Beyond that, well not so much.
That Money that was taken from the Police< where is that going?
To provide free abortions.

HKGuns
08-14-20, 12:24
I'm all for less Government, but I would like basic Public safety and service like Fire, Police, Mail, water and sewer. Beyond that, well not so much.
That Money that was taken from the Police< where is that going?
To provide free abortions.

I don't consider public safety, fire and water and sewer to be politicians, certainly not elected and most I wouldn't consider pussies.

As far as the mail is concerned, there are few good reasons for having the post office be government run. Look at how badly the US Mail delivery slowed during this pandemic. I dreaded when someone sent me something via the US mail service.

Belmont31R
08-14-20, 14:10
Currently the Austin City Counsel is operating hand and hand with the Mayor, there is little or no concern if Austin turns in to Portland.
http://https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2020/august/austin-city-council-slashes-police-funding-by-23m-shifts-portion-of-money-to-fund-abortion
As Austin is the States Capital here, I'm concerned as the Governor should be, that the State will not be able to conduct it's business unless there is adequate Austin Police.
We had the State AG and the Austin Police Chief work together to contain/remove Antifa and BLM a couple of weeks ago, it would seem being now light 150,000,000 bucks they can't do that again. So now, what stops these groups from holding the State hostage?

Things change entirely when there is a Republican governor like Abbott in charge, Austin doesn't operate like a unified city/county like some places do. There is still the Travis Co sheriffs.

I think the state is more than equipped to handle security at the capitol, and they've already deployed DPS in downtown to keep the rioters in check.

As for Austin itself for all the time we lived out there we could see the writing on the wall. Being 'funky' in a sort of way is not the same as being left coast communists hell bent on destroying the place in the name of ideology. Keep Austin Weird transformed into emulating San Francisco. I think the homeless issue may be something that wakes people up a little bit. For what Austin was it wasn't regressive left like now.

We'll have to see what the backlash looks like when all the UT students and upper middle class people can't go downtown anymore, and the place looks like a war zone.

jpmuscle
08-14-20, 14:16
So now, what stops these groups from holding the State hostage?

One would hope I’m that case the citizens would take up arms to put a stop to it all if the government fails to do it.

Diamondback
08-14-20, 15:09
We'll have to see what the backlash looks like when all the UT students and upper middle class people can't go downtown anymore, and the place looks like a war zone.

And then the cancer will spread out from there; kinda depressing for me because one of my dream jobs is in Fredericksburg. :(

Belmont31R
08-14-20, 17:46
And then the cancer will spread out from there; kinda depressing for me because one of my dream jobs is in Fredericksburg. :(

Thats a good ways from Austin. Should be safe there.

Austin is surrounded by conservative areas like Georgetown, Cedar Park, and Round Rock. The stupidity is really concentrated in a small area given the side of the metro area.

Diamondback
08-14-20, 18:05

Austin is surrounded by conservative areas like Georgetown, Cedar Park, and Round Rock. The stupidity is really concentrated in a small area given the side of the metro area.

Don't remember which thread it's in, but I recently posted a quick-hit piece about how Lefties colonize and subvert conservative small towns. It always starts with one or two that seem nice enough, then their sons and daughters seduce yours and spread their cancerous ideas to them... and the parents have told their buddies back in Cancerland how nice the place is overall and "it just needs X, Y and Z," then more transplant themselves in and inflict their spawn on your kids. They become active in PTA's, HOA's, town council meeting... and then when they think they have numbers the human masks come off and you find out the Visitors from V are among you and taking over--and it goes from zero to total in the space of 20 years or less.

Belmont31R
08-14-20, 18:23
Don't remember which thread it's in, but I recently posted a quick-hit piece about how Lefties colonize and subvert conservative small towns. It always starts with one or two that seem nice enough, then their sons and daughters seduce yours and spread their cancerous ideas to them... and the parents have told their buddies back in Cancerland how nice the place is overall and "it just needs X, Y and Z," then more transplant themselves in and inflict their spawn on your kids. They become active in PTA's, HOA's, town council meeting... and then when they think they have numbers the human masks come off and you find out the Visitors from V are among you and taking over--and it goes from zero to total in the space of 20 years or less.

I can easily see how that happens. Conservative people have the tendency to not get involved in that sort of stuff because we 'want to be left alone'. Its extremely hard to get people motivated to show up for anything for our side, and when they do its usually at the 'too late' stage to do anything.

A bunch of people we know have said things like 'Ill be ready when they show up at my door' but its when things are that bad its too late, and you'll have one guy with likely a wife and children who are limited in their ability to help.

And I have no idea how to fix that mentality or motivate people to get out and become involved. Our side tears each other down just as much as the left does. Their side supports even the lunatics and extremists committing felony acts of violence.

3 AE
08-15-20, 12:31

You nailed it. Exactly what has happened in the urban areas of Oregon. Accelerates more quickly in areas that have Left leaning universities and colleges. After forty years in Oregon, the first twenty to twenty five years were pretty good. Then the spawn happened and the last five years has been nothing but shameful. Human locusts is my term for THEM!

Diamondback
08-15-20, 12:39
You nailed it. Exactly what has happened in the urban areas of Oregon. Accelerates more quickly in areas that have Left leaning universities and colleges. After forty years in Oregon, the first twenty to twenty five years were pretty good. Then the spawn happened and the last five years has been nothing but shameful. Human locusts is my term for THEM!

OR/WA and more recently CO/ID/parts of WY are precisely the examples I was thinking of--this is precisely how it's played out in my little town in the Cascade Foothills, although still at a stage where we do still elect Republicans and Ted Cruz's '16 campaign in WA based out of the West Slopes.

"Human Locusts" is also good, I've used it to describe them before too. :)

1986s4
08-15-20, 16:27

Yes, I lived in Austin from '08 to '12 and Austin seemed like a mild form of Berkeley, CA. The OWS crowd did a cute little camp out for a few weeks then got cleared out by the PD. They had to pressure wash the area when done.. Austin is leftist but it's surrounded by Texas, we must hold Texas !
Fredericksburg is nice and far enough away to avoid the locusts.

Vic79
08-15-20, 16:45
Yes, I lived in Austin from '08 to '12 and Austin seemed like a mild form of Berkeley, CA. The OWS crowd did a cute little camp out for a few weeks then got cleared out by the PD. They had to pressure wash the area when done.. Austin is leftist but it's surrounded by Texas, we must hold Texas !
Fredericksburg is nice and far enough away to avoid the locusts.

It seems like half of California is stating they’re going to move to Texas. We will be lucky if we keep it this election.
Texas will soon become a sinking ship. All that shithead that are leaving California will soon turn Texas in to shithole as well

1986s4
08-15-20, 17:04
It seems like half of California is stating they’re going to move to Texas. We will be lucky if we keep it this election.
Texas will soon become a sinking ship. All that shithead that are leaving California will soon turn Texas in to shithole as well

Yes, when I lived there I used to tell people they were welcome to Texas, there's lots of room and freedom here. Just don't turn it into that place you ran from.