PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on this brand

just a scout
08-16-20, 06:23
Ok, just to throw some meat in the cage. I had this rifle recommended to me as a duty rifle. Not just for LE but good for military use too. I was able to keep a straight face but it was hard.

Just seeing polymer upper/lower was enough for me. What else did I miss because of the tears in my eyes? And I need a good, reasoned defense, not just “do a search” or buy one of the List. I have to write up something to refute and stop a probably deadly procurement mistake.

https://www.americantactical.us/6032/detail.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The_War_Wagon
08-16-20, 06:28
https://www.americantactical.us/6032/detail.html

That's SPECOPS material, on SOME boards... :jester:

GH41
08-16-20, 07:06
They are laughing all the way to the bank!

08-16-20, 08:10
I’ve examined it in person. I don’t think I’d do it.

m4luvr
08-16-20, 08:58
i think it’s a perfectly good ar15 zip gun but what would i know.

NWcityguy2
08-16-20, 10:29
ATI is generally known as an importer. Their 1911s come from the Philippines and their shotguns are almost certaining Turkish imports. I've shot their 1911s and they are servicable budget guns. I'd take a pass on any AR that features a polymer upper or lower myself.

ColtSeavers
08-16-20, 12:18
Polymer, even with metal inserts, I would not trust. Even polymer handguns have metal slides for a reason. Show them pictures of kabooms and ask how polymer would have held up better.

Phosphate barrel. No chrome, no nitride, just phosphated metal.

Good luck finding keymod accessories for that handguard.

Railed picatinny gas block. Under the handguard. WTF.

Are the Saf-T-First Nano Composite Parts proprietary parts? Either way, pretend they are, and point out how stupid that would be.

SirSqueeboo
08-17-20, 14:49
I’ve had two come in for a transfer; they are absolute garbage. The gas key was barely staked and the castle nut was loose. That’s aside from the flimsy feel of the receiver. I’ve seen $50 airsoft guns that were sturdier.

machinegunman
08-18-20, 20:37
They are great for people who might go shooting 1-3 times a year or who have a smaller budget. Obviously not a "duty" grade weapon but they have a lifetime warranty.

tacticaldesire
08-19-20, 11:05
A close friend of mine actually bought one of these (much to my chagrin) and it's worse than you can imagine.

It makes a DPMS Oracle look like a Noveske or DD.

I have nothing against budget ARs for people who aren't going to use it much or for anything serious but the OMNI aint it.

tacticaldesire
08-19-20, 11:08
They are great for people who might go shooting 1-3 times a year or who have a smaller budget. Obviously not a "duty" grade weapon but they have a lifetime warranty.

Have you ever handled or shot one? Maybe they've made improvements but the previous model of these I've shot was bad.

Glock9mm1990
08-19-20, 11:08
Trash, save up for a BCM, SOLGW, or Sonics rifle instead.

Revolution37
08-19-20, 20:26
I'm always skeptical of new brands/ideas coming in when the design has worked and we've had reliable manufacturers for so long. I can't imagine being a gun maker trying to get into the AR market these days. You really have to bring something special to the table, a la SOLGW. I remember when Springfield brought the SAINT to market. "And the crowd goes mild."