PDA

View Full Version : Goodyear Tires just screwed themselves

vicious_cb
08-19-20, 19:18
As a follow on to the "Should LGS’s and FFL’s refuse transfers based on ideology?"https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?224999-Should-LGS%92s-and-FFL%92s-refuse-transfers-based-on-ideology

Maybe this will wake up the blind who still think its OK to sell guns to those who hate America and want to destroy it. This is the game they want to play in something as simple as tires and you want to sell these people guns? :rolleyes:

https://gray-wibw-prod.cdn.arcpublishing.com/resizer/i2nOy34rEqzLcvV2guM3hDOlQTs=/980x0/smart/cloudfront-us-east-1.images.arcpublishing.com/gray/GJZQHF6F6BFP3N7XD7YWTJZROY.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/dQ7xqN3.jpg

Grand58742
08-19-20, 19:22
They did come out and say it wasn't their corporate stance.

But they surely didn't deny it happened in their company. If someone isn't getting the hammer for this, they will continue to be in the wrong.

ColtSeavers
08-19-20, 19:22
Who the "F" buys Goodyear tires?!

REDinFL
08-19-20, 19:23
I need some tires for my truck. This helps cut down the choices: Goodyear off the list.

MikhailBarracuda91
08-19-20, 19:27
I need some tires for my truck. This helps cut down the choices: Goodyear off the list.Falken Wildpeaks are a great value. They don't sing very much either on the highway

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

jpmuscle
08-19-20, 19:36
Except nobody is going to care about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jsp10477
08-19-20, 19:37
Michelin and Interco offer everything I could ever need.

Mozart
08-19-20, 19:47
Who the "F" buys Goodyear tires?!

I once ran a set of Wrangler Duratracs, they were hard-wearing great traction tires.

But currently have Cooper Discoverer A/T3s on my Tacoma and so far, so good, about 15k on them with 12/32 remaining. And they’re about $50 less per tire than those duratracs.

vicious_cb
08-19-20, 19:50
They did come out and say it wasn't their corporate stance.

But they surely didn't deny it happened in their company. If someone isn't getting the hammer for this, they will continue to be in the wrong.

Except it was just corporate speak for "we cant confirm or deny someone in our company did this nor we can we say what we're going to do about it ,inclusiveness and diversity ect ect."

They never said "ok sure we'll allow MAGA and Thin Blue Line apparel from now on"

pag23
08-19-20, 19:52
I need some tires for my truck. This helps cut down the choices: Goodyear off the list.

Get BF Goodrich KO2s....excellent in my opinion...not much road noise and great in snow

vicious_cb
08-19-20, 20:06

Except the stockmarket

Goodyear's stock fall after Trump tweet urging boycott of company's tires, while rivals' shares gain

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/goodyears-stock-fall-after-trump-tweet-urging-boycott-of-companys-tires-while-rivals-shares-gain-2020-08-19

Business_Casual
08-19-20, 20:26

Have you sat through diversity and inclusion training?

LMT Shooter
08-19-20, 20:30
Breitbart article on the brainwashing

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/08/19/goodyear-bans-blue-lives-matter-and-maga-slogans-allows-black-lives-matter/

sgtrock82
08-19-20, 20:38
My favoritest part, point 4 in the unacceptable column states "political affiliated slogans or material".... strange that would that not also include "BLM" and "LGBTQ" considering they are using their identity to push their politics.

Not to mention the virtue signal of beginning with the only two "acceptable" they can think of. Then going on to the longer list of unacceptable...whatevers it is that theyre policing here, making it even more broad based and open to interpretation. No facebook post about the maga hat you got for your birthday or youll get the pink slip. Maybe even if its not on your own FB page!

Eff them, I hope their blimp hindenburgs

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Alex V
08-19-20, 20:57
Their race tires are crap anyway. Always ran Mickey Thompsons :-)

Car came with Goodyear F1s. Tires were garbage. Switched to Firestone Firehawks as soon as I could.

Artos
08-19-20, 22:31
Their race tires are crap anyway. Always ran Mickey Thompsons :-)

Car came with Goodyear F1s. Tires were garbage. Switched to Firestone Firehawks as soon as I could.

Depends on the application...I'm pissed at GY for their stance & will throw m by biz elsewhere which is depressing being the only US mfg w/ cooper.

I've had tremendous luck with their 10 ply Kevlar on trucks in regards to road noise / puncture resistance for the ranch / road & the Eagle F1 Supercar R3's on the ZL1 were simply outstanding for a sticky road course track tire so not sure if you are talking 1/4 mile?? Got no dog in the fight & if they don't reverse, I see the biggest fail stance in a long time.

Buckaroo
08-19-20, 23:51
Get BF Goodrich KO2s....excellent in my opinion...not much road noise and great in snowPlus I got 65k from a set on my Yukon Xl!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Bulletdog
08-20-20, 00:04

Well you are already wrong about that. I'm responsible for putting tires on 12 vehicles. They won't be wearing Goodyears any more.

titsonritz
08-20-20, 00:27
Depends on the application...I'm pissed at GY for their stance & will throw m by biz elsewhere which is depressing being the only US mfg w/ cooper.

I've had tremendous luck with their 10 ply Kevlar on trucks in regards to road noise / puncture resistance for the ranch / road & the Eagle F1 Supercar R3's on the ZL1 were simply outstanding for a sticky road course track tire so not sure if you are talking 1/4 mile?? Got no dog in the fight & if they don't reverse, I see the biggest fail stance in a long time.

Well you are already wrong about that. I'm responsible for putting tires on 12 vehicles. They won't be wearing Goodyears any more.

If they have been wearing GY please write them a letter with copies of the receipts stating just that.

Pacific5th
08-20-20, 01:03
Falken Wildpeaks are a great value. They don't sing very much either on the highway

I bought a set for my 90 4Runner this year. I love them and would recommend them over the BFG AT tires.

pag23
08-20-20, 04:49
Plus I got 65k from a set on my Yukon Xl!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Awesome! Great to hear

MikhailBarracuda91
08-20-20, 05:24
I bought a set for my 90 4Runner this year. I love them and would recommend them over the BFG AT tires.I'm about to put a set on my Tacoma. The wife has Bridgestone dueler A/T on her 5th gen 4runner and they are awesome!

ThirdWatcher
08-20-20, 06:15
Most Police cars run Goodyear tires, it’ll be interesting to see where this goes (and LE buys a lot of tires).

Alex V
08-20-20, 06:41

Yes sir, 1/4mile. For myself and most of the people I know, the best results came with Mickey Thompsons. My road race buddies only run Hoosiers.

AndyLate
08-20-20, 07:51
I have not purchased a set of Goodyear tires for years. With the exception of a few specific applications, they are a poor choice compared to other offerings. I have 4 that came on my Silverado as OEM that will not make it to 40,000 miles of light use. If I am buying tires made outside the US, why pay for the Goodyear label? Hankook light truck tires are far better than GY.

For what it's worth, Tire Rack provides country of origin (and other useful info) in the tire specs section.

Andy

Aetius
08-20-20, 08:15
Falken Wildpeaks are a great value. They don't sing very much either on the highway

Seconded. I and several of my buddies have had great success with Wildpeaks

Averageman
08-20-20, 08:20
Perhaps Goodyear could sponsor some BLM/Antifa rioters with T-Shirts, you know like Pit Crews have?
If you are so proud of what these guys are doing, we need to get those who support them to provide Corporate sponsorship. That would certainly remove a lot of our guess work.

Grand58742
08-20-20, 09:26
Honestly, the Mustang had Pirelli tires from the factory, but the Bridgestones I got as replacements have worked just as well or better while being quieter on the road.

And cheaper...

I've never bought Goodyear tires, so I'm not missing much. Probably won't either because there are other alternatives.

MikhailBarracuda91
08-20-20, 09:33
I was a tire salesman for Sears automotive. Goodyear does offer some competitive options. They're just not the best in any segment.

The Goodyear Silent Armor was a really good tire though (just expensive) and the Weather Ready is another really good one.

They make most of their tires in the USA and some in Canada. That's why this whole thing ****ing sucks! Personally I'm more of a Michelin fan for light truck and passenger car tires. When it comes to off road applications that's when Michelin doesn't have the lineup.

Goodyear makes more money from OEM applications and sponsorships. They lost my business for good.

Alex V
08-20-20, 09:54
The leaked audio which seems to have come out today doesn't help Goodyear's case.

“Some people may wish to express their views on social justice or inequity or equity issues such as black lives matter or LGBTQ pride on their face coverings, shirts or wristbands. That will be deemed approved because it applies with a zero-tolerance stance,” the speaker said during the meeting. “However if any associate wears all, blue, white lives matter shirts or face coverings, that will be not appropriate.”

Arik
08-20-20, 10:17
I'm not a sports car racer or a rock crawler so all tires have always been the same to me, with a few exceptions. It's a round rubber thing that goes on my car to make it roll. Most of the time I bought the cheapest I could find. Never really noticed a difference. All got me where I needed to go in all weather.

I'll wait and see where this goes before I make up my mind. Doesn't seem good for Goodyear but people have faked things before

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

landrvrnut22
08-20-20, 11:44
Living in the rubber capital of the world, I have many friends and family that work for either Firestone or Goodyear. I am a Firestone family, since my mom, and many others in my family worked there. Most recently my Uncle was the builder for the left rear Bridgestone Formula One tires.

I've talked to a few friends and relatives that are currently employed at Goodyear. They have stated that the corporate policy, along with most large corporations, is there is absolutely no political campaigning of any sort within the business environment. The basic policy is leave politics at home, and work at work. My contacts are not aware of this training, and it seems to either be an outside consultant performing the training not aligned with corporate policy. Most corporations have a similar policy, stick to business at work, and leave your personal viewpoints at the door.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. The city and community is rallying around Goodyear. There is huge support for the largest employer in the City of Akron. Goodyear also does great things for the community, donating millions to various organizations, including our Local Boy Scout Council. In fact, when I earned my Eagle rank, the President of Goodyear was my sponsor for the annual Eagle Dinner at Firestone Country Club.

glocktogo
08-20-20, 11:55

I do, and it affects an upcoming decision.

I once ran a set of Wrangler Duratracs, they were hard-wearing great traction tires.

But currently have Cooper Discoverer A/T3s on my Tacoma and so far, so good, about 15k on them with 12/32 remaining. And they’re about $50 less per tire than those duratracs.

My ZR2 came with OEM Duratracs and I found the same. I've already priced replacements and the Duratracs are $13 per tire cheaper than BFG KO2's. Personally I haven't had as good an experience with Coopers in the past (long time ago) or Bridgestone (Dueler A/T Revos on my 4Runner, great the first 50%, sucked the last 50%). I have had good experience with the current Duratracs and the BFG T/A line in the past, so those are

Get BF Goodrich KO2s....excellent in my opinion...not much road noise and great in snow

Pretty sure now this will be my next set. Goodyear goofed, badly.

Whiskey_Bravo
08-20-20, 14:31
Some leaked audio

https://www.dailywire.com/news/walsh-leaked-audio-suggests-goodyears-discriminatory-policies-are-even-worse-than-first-reported?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=benshapiro&fbclid=IwAR1ZjE4tY9M7TQ9CCuDleAKARDdBnikHWweHNgn5AtxmPINMmRjyKK4kZZE

And to whoever said that nobody would care, keep in mind Goodyear is on a lot of police department vehicles and the Goodyear Endurance trailer tire is probably the most popular tire people use to replace the junk China bombs on RVs.

Honu
08-20-20, 14:51
goodyear will be on all the screens at football games that almost all here will still watch and never boycott but will talk about it ?
so like your football hero you love to watch take a knee and stomp on our flag enjoy what happens you created it and supported it

some will quit watching unsubscribe etc...
but seems the majority these days just use their fingers out on forums and then go support all the companies that are against them ?

Diamondback
08-20-20, 15:42
goodyear will be on all the screens at football games that almost all here will still watch and never boycott but will talk about it ?
so like your football hero you love to watch take a knee and stomp on our flag enjoy what happens you created it and supported it

but seems the majority these days just use their fingers out on forums and then go support all the companies that are against them ?

Yup... Keyboard Kommando-img is easy, walking one's talk is hard. There is a reason my signature on a local forum has a list of past opportunities to fight gun-grabs we lost and says "Did YOU do any of these simple things? If not, quit being part of the problem and start being part of the solution..."

AndyLate
08-20-20, 15:56

The only boycott available to me is where I shop/what I buy. I cannot cancel a sports channel/subscription I don't have, or a movie channel, etc.

I don't go into Dicks, and only enter Walmart if I need to take a dump when I am out and about. Add a huge list of businesses I do not frequent.

The problem is that 1000 people don't have the influence that 10000 have and you cannot get 10000 conservatives to agree on anything.

Andy

titsonritz
08-20-20, 17:44
The leaked audio which seems to have come out today doesn't help Goodyear's case.

“Some people may wish to express their views on social justice or inequity or equity issues such as black lives matter or LGBTQ pride on their face coverings, shirts or wristbands. That will be deemed approved because it applies with a zero-tolerance stance,” the speaker said during the meeting. “However if any associate wears all, blue, white lives matter shirts or face coverings, that will be not appropriate.”

I'll tell what is not appropriate, some turd trying to tell me what is not appropriate. ESAD GY.

vicious_cb
08-20-20, 18:11

Boom! I think Goodyear just stepped on a landmine. That falls under racial discrimination, let the lawsuits begin.

Diamondback
08-20-20, 18:16
Boom! I think Goodyear just stepped on a landmine. That falls under racial discrimination, let the lawsuits begin.

Yup. Trump's teeing up to have the GY's on the Presidential motor pool replaced, at least for the Beasts...
https://www.redstate.com/jeffc/2020/08/20/trump-to-replace-goodyear-tires-on-presidential-limousine/

Artos
08-20-20, 18:24
Here's the walk back...

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/goodyear-clarifies-policy-maga-police-trump-boycott

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-20-20, 18:27
I won’t buy Goodyear tires because you know the tires coming out of that plant are going to suck. Anytime labor gets pissed at management like that they’re going to end up screwing with stuff.

Grand58742
08-20-20, 18:28
Yup. Trump's teeing up to have the GY's on the Presidential motor pool replaced, at least for the Beasts...
https://www.redstate.com/jeffc/2020/08/20/trump-to-replace-goodyear-tires-on-presidential-limousine/

Key point of that article isn't the replacement of the tires, it's this:

After the image surfaced, the company’s shares dropped by about 6%.

6% drop is going to be noticed by all sorts of board members.

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-20-20, 18:29
Here's the walk back...

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/goodyear-clarifies-policy-maga-police-trump-boycott

And that is meaningless until the HR person gets fired and the plant manager gets fired.

ColtSeavers
08-20-20, 18:45

Cooper Discoverer AT3 4s's here, LOVE them.

Mozart
08-20-20, 18:59

Yeah, I might switch to those next go around. I’ll be driving in snow country by then

ThirdWatcher
08-20-20, 19:21
I won’t buy Goodyear tires because you know the tires coming out of that plant are going to suck. Anytime labor gets pissed at management like that they’re going to end up screwing with stuff.

+1. That’s true, I’ve seen it. Hatred for LE is nothing new and after they’re done with LE they’ll shaft the Military.

I don’t have a dog in this fight as I’m retired and only use Toyo and Michelin tires on my vehicles. When I say LE buys a lot of Goodyear tires I mean my agency issued 2-4 sets of tires a year (Summer & Winter) for patrol vehicles. They bought so many Goodyear tires that they could buy them cheaper than the dealer could. It cost more to mount them than the tires cost to begin with. Policy was to replace at 4/32”. The really sad part is they were really good tires. Blow-outs were almost unheard of.

A lot of police cars have been destroyed lately and will have to be replaced but Ford is in the same boat as Goodyear in that their employees have been mouthing off about LE too. Ford hasn’t built a real police car since 2011, when they discontinued the CVPI so it’s really not much of a loss.

Arik
08-20-20, 20:19
+1. That’s true, I’ve seen it. Hatred for LE is nothing new and after they’re done with LE they’ll shaft the Military.

I don’t have a dog in this fight as I’m retired and only use Toyo and Michelin tires on my vehicles. When I say LE buys a lot of Goodyear tires I mean my agency issued 2-4 sets of tires a year (Summer & Winter) for patrol vehicles. They bought so many Goodyear tires that they could buy them cheaper than the dealer could. It cost more to mount them than the tires cost to begin with. Policy was to replace at 4/32”. The really sad part is they were really good tires. Blow-outs were almost unheard of.

A lot of police cars have been destroyed lately and will have to be replaced but Ford is in the same boat as Goodyear in that their employees have been mouthing off about LE too. Ford hasn’t built a real police car since 2011, when they discontinued the CVPI so it’s really not much of a loss.So far the new Taurus and Explorer have been pretty good. They've been reliable. The CV we're good and reliable but large and unnecessary. In cities they were big and ate more gas while being crappy in winter weather.

MAUSER202
08-20-20, 20:57

Had a set on my 13 F150, were great in the rain for about 20k and started fish tailing at 6/32s of tread in wet weather.

Had the BFG KO 2 before on the same truck and they were good for 50k. Great in mud and snow but a heavy tire that cut my fuel economy down a little over 1mpg. Have had these on many trucks since they came out but don’t go off road as much so heavier and more aggressive of a tire than I need which is why I tried the Coopers.

Running Toyo open country 3 now, only 300 miles so no real idea on these yet. Made in Georgia, but a Japanese company.

As for GY, worked for them over 30 years ago, IMO they are not they same quality as they once were, so not a tire I even consider. Last set I had was Wrangler GSA on a Bronco and was not impressed at all.

It sucks that companies can’t just sell a product, entertainers cant just entertain and sports stars can’t just catch a fricken ball without sharing their Political opinions and trying to push it on everyone else. Just do your dam job and shut the F up.

jpmuscle
08-20-20, 21:43

Sure but it’s not going to sway anyone voting wise who is not already decided one way or another.

SomeOtherGuy
08-20-20, 22:59

Two sets of these, one each on two different large trucks. They work great. Both had OEM tires before, I think Michelins for both, not apples-to-apples tire models but the AT3s were better in pretty much all ways.

Averageman
08-21-20, 08:05
And this is exactly why you cannot allow Human Resources to go without some real checks and balances.
The Voo Doo that is the way HR operates has some roots in Socialism.

Artos
08-21-20, 10:01
tending to wounds...

https://justthenews.com/nation/culture/goodyear-president-affirms-companys-support-police-says-employees-can-wear-pro

Diamondback
08-21-20, 10:03
And this is exactly why you cannot allow Human Resources to go without some real checks and balances.

Either that or, like Boeing, they have a Prime Directive of "protect Management at all cost, in case of M-on-M always take the higher ranking side no matter what the facts say."

And some people think Dilbert is a joke... it's more in the realm of what our late family attorney used to say about "I don't know any lawyer jokes because they're all TRUE."

EDIT re Artos's link: Closing the barn door after the horses are in the next county. #NotBuyingItORTheirTires

Grand58742
08-21-20, 10:18
tending to wounds...

https://justthenews.com/nation/culture/goodyear-president-affirms-companys-support-police-says-employees-can-wear-pro

Again, a 6% drop in stock price will do that.

maximus83
08-21-20, 10:38
Have you sat through diversity and inclusion training?

I did yesterday. I work at a software company whose products probably 100% of folks here have used--was pretty much the most awful thing ever. Had to go through it when I was a manager, even worse. Skits about 'white privilege', then focus groups sit in a circle, "Do you admit that you have grown up with white privilege? Admitting it is the first step to change." Etc. It's torture....

WickedWillis
08-21-20, 11:03

There will be plenty of fake outrage on forums like this.

flenna
08-21-20, 11:04
I did yesterday. I work at a software company whose products probably 100% of folks here have used--was pretty much the most awful thing ever. Had to go through it when I was a manager, even worse. Skits about 'white privilege', then focus groups sit in a circle, "Do you admit that you have grown up with white privilege? Admitting it is the first step to change." Etc. It's torture....

A good answer to that is “I’m not white. Are you just assuming I am white because of the color of my skin? Isn’t that racist?” and watch them squirm.

maximus83
08-21-20, 11:16
A good answer to that is “I’m not white. Are you just assuming I am white because of the color of my skin? Isn’t that racist?” and watch them squirm.

The funny thing was in my small group there were a couple of the usual lefty suckups, but most of us were just sitting there arms folded, grim expressions, not saying anything. Was actually kinda' hilarious. The presenters are not stupid, they know we're not buying it. During the manager training (this was a couple years ago, pre-covid) some dude from India got up, there's like 500 people in the room, and pretty much said this is BS, why are you wasting our time. :laugh:

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-21-20, 11:16

Whenever I hear the term HR person, especially in larger organizations, I always think of the How the Soviets used to embed A political officer in a unit.

Organizations to see more and smart to get caught up with this bullshit. I did think that if I was stuck in one of these when They started to talk about white privilege I would just get up and start to Walk out of the room. I would just say that I was practicing my white privilege by declining to participate. If they can make you stay, that means there’s no such thing as white privilege. If there is white privilege I don’t have to stay.

kerplode
08-21-20, 11:24
Guess what...Every large corporation in Amerika is doing this exact same thing right now. Goodyear just happened to have it leak.

Organizations to see more and smart to get caught up with this bullshit. I did think that if I was stuck in one of these when They started to talk about white privilege I would just get up and start to Walk out of the room. I would just say that I was practicing my white privilege by declining to participate. If they can make you stay, that means there’s no such thing as white privilege. If there is white privilege I don’t have to stay.
If you did that at my company, security would have your shit packed up by the time you got back to your desk...

sgtrock82
08-21-20, 11:43
Whenever I hear the term HR person, especially in larger organizations, I always think of the How the Soviets used to embed A political officer in a unit.

Organizations to see more and smart to get caught up with this bullshit. I did think that if I was stuck in one of these when They started to talk about white privilege I would just get up and start to Walk out of the room. I would just say that I was practicing my white privilege by declining to participate. If they can make you stay, that means there’s no such thing as white privilege. If there is white privilege I don’t have to stay.Exactly!! For years Ive correlated that, HR= NKVD.

When did having HR become a thing? 90s early 2000s? I dont remember many references to it before then. Or has it been all along and now being weaponized over the last few decades?

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

maximus83
08-21-20, 11:45
Guess what...Every large corporation in Amerika is doing this exact same thing right now. Goodyear just happened to have it leak.

If you did that at my company, security would have your shit packed up by the time you got back to your desk...

Exactly, here's what they would literally say at my company if you did that: You are no longer aligned with our company 'values' of diversity and inclusion.

Personally, I've never seen it this bad. Software companies, most of them I've worked at anyway, used to have this kind of laissez faire culture. They were always majority leftist, but there was also a libertarian feel to it, folks would leave you alone as long as you were within the code of conduct. Now it's gotten more sinister. They are acting like this is some kind of religion, like they want to force you to believe, ADMIT that you are a racist, go along with the program. Or lose your job in the middle of a global pandemic.

They know they've got our balls in a vise, and never let a crisis go to waste.

chadbag
08-21-20, 11:58
When did having HR become a thing? 90s early 2000s? I dont remember many references to it before then. Or has it been all along and now being weaponized over the last few decades?

When I got my first job in 1984 at a major corporation, DEC, they had an HR department, by that name (was a summer job, which I eventually got morphed into full time a few years later, after repeat summers). Nothing new.

Grand58742
08-21-20, 12:11

Funny thing is, our corporate HR rep is actually from Russia...

Adrenaline_6
08-21-20, 12:55
Exactly, here's what they would literally say at my company if you did that: You are no longer aligned with our company 'values' of diversity and inclusion.

Personally, I've never seen it this bad. Software companies, most of them I've worked at anyway, used to have this kind of laissez faire culture. They were always majority leftist, but there was also a libertarian feel to it, folks would leave you alone as long as you were within the code of conduct. Now it's gotten more sinister. They are acting like this is some kind of religion, like they want to force you to believe, ADMIT that you are a racist, go along with the program. Or lose your job in the middle of a global pandemic.

They know they've got our balls in a vise, and never let a crisis go to waste.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.U0-916M7bzKKLY3UYp0OYQHaFv%26pid%3DApi&f=1

Mozart
08-21-20, 16:16
So far the new Taurus and Explorer have been pretty good. They've been reliable. The CV we're good and reliable but large and unnecessary. In cities they were big and ate more gas while being crappy in winter weather.

Not in my experience.

We had two 2016 Explorers in our campus patrol fleet. BOTH required multiple engine mounts, CV axles, air conditioning over haul, head gaskets, radiators, and catalytic converters. They were in the shop every three weeks. We finally dumped both of them with around 45k miles on them.

That’s why I’m bummed out about the new Bronco. Because it looks amazing but it’s a FORD, and after seeing the nightmare I saw, I’d never ever buy one. It’s not only those work vehicles either, multiple family members have had issues with fords over the years.

But some people swear by their F-150 trucks, so what do I know?

Arik
08-21-20, 16:41
Not in my experience.

We had two 2016 Explorers in our campus patrol fleet. BOTH required multiple engine mounts, CV axles, air conditioning over haul, head gaskets, radiators, and catalytic converters. They were in the shop every three weeks. We finally dumped both of them with around 45k miles on them.

That’s why I’m bummed out about the new Bronco. Because it looks amazing but it’s a FORD, and after seeing the nightmare I saw, I’d never ever buy one. It’s not only those work vehicles either, multiple family members have had issues with fords over the years.

But some people swear by their F-150 trucks, so what do I know?I've delt with several hundred if not thousand and many thousands of crown vics. My job at one point was to purchase used police vehicles. Everything from crown Vic, to Impala (old and new) to Chevy Lumina (WV State Police), Tahoes, Explorers, Camaros, Cherokees, Dodge and Chrysler...etc..... Been doing that since 2001. At one point our location delt with and moved several thousand vehicles a year. We would buy up entire fleets. From Idaho, Taxes, and east. Along with confiscated vehicles. We had everything from wrecked Philly PD cars to Wisconsin State Police to some backwoods farm country SC sheriffs cars to Boise PD, WV State Police, NYSP and everything in between.

Old Caprices and Impalas along with Crown Vics were damn near indestructible but not quite. Dodge and Chrysler were and still are garbage. Explorers and Tahoes were ok. The new Explorers and Tauruses have been pretty good. A few engine swaps, a few other things but nothing that wasn't done on Crown Vics

1986s4
08-21-20, 16:46
I've delt with several hundred if not thousand and many thousands of crown vics. My job at one point was to purchase used police vehicles. Everything from crown Vic, to Impala (old and new) to Chevy Lumina (WV State Police), Tahoes, Explorers, Camaros, Cherokees, Dodge and Chrysler...etc..... Been doing that since 2001. At one point our location delt with and moved several thousand vehicles a year. We would buy up entire fleets. From Idaho, Taxes, and east. Along with confiscated vehicles. We had everything from wrecked Philly PD cars to Wisconsin State Police to some backwoods farm country SC sheriffs cars to Boise PD, WV State Police, NYSP and everything in between.

Old Caprices and Impalas along with Crown Vics were damn near indestructible but not quite. Dodge and Chrysler were and still are garbage. Explorers and Tahoes were ok. The new Explorers and Tauruses have been pretty good. A few engine swaps, a few other things but nothing that wasn't done on Crown Vics

In my limited experience buying cars... Dodge/Chrysler/Fiat are junk and I'll never buy another. Dodge can't even get a simple pick up truck right. YMMV..

Artos
08-21-20, 16:50
In my limited experience buying cars... Dodge/Chrysler/Fiat are junk and I'll never buy another. Dodge can't even get a simple pick up truck right. YMMV..

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/am-1500-trx-lauch-edition-sold-out

Arik
08-21-20, 17:07
In my limited experience buying cars... Dodge/Chrysler/Fiat are junk and I'll never buy another. Dodge can't even get a simple pick up truck right. YMMV..Back in 03-04 I had a 99 Ram 1500 4x4. Aside from guzzling gas it was a damn good truck. Like a tank. And when I bought it it was only 4-5 years old but already had 170k miles. But that was my one and only so that's my only personal experience. All those cop cars came later (late 00s) and they were junk

Mozart
08-21-20, 17:09

I wouldn’t be able to keep my mouth shut. I’d politely explain that all people have “diverse” challenges during childhood, and to lump all white people together as though they all have exactly the same privileged childhood, is the very definition of racism. Then I’m sure I’d be escorted out with a box of belongings from my desk.

Adrenaline_6
08-21-20, 20:29
I wouldn’t be able to keep my mouth shut. I’d politely explain that all people have “diverse” challenges during childhood, and to lump all white people together as though they all have exactly the same privileged childhood, is the very definition of racism. Then I’m sure I’d be escorted out with a box of belongings from my desk.

I'd be joining you and I'm only half white...add to the fact that politeness in this type of situation is not my forte....lol

ThirdWatcher
08-22-20, 01:19
I was gonna let it go (because I don’t wanna hijack this thread) but I hate the newer Ford “Police Interceptors”. I drove the Exploder version for five years and never trusted it enough to even drive fast in them. The non-turbocharged ones evidently have a problem with carbon monoxide leaks. It’s good to be retired.

BuzzinSATX
08-22-20, 06:25

Great all around tire for me as well.

Mozart
08-22-20, 10:02
I was gonna let it go (because I don’t wanna hijack this thread) but I hate the newer Ford “Police Interceptors”. I drove the Exploder version for five years and never trusted it enough to even drive fast in them. The non-turbocharged ones evidently have a problem with carbon monoxide leaks. It’s good to be retired.

Even the turbo ones . . .

A buddy of mine was with a sheriffs’ office locally. His twin turbo Taurus was about shot with only 90k on the Odo. Turbos were burning a ton of oil, you could smell his car from a hundred yards off.

My mom had a 2001 Explorer throw a rod at 88k, and a 2017 Edge need a complete engine replacement. My sister was stranded on the side of a snowy road because her Fusion AWD system stopped working, wouldn’t even limp home. Ford has a history of trying to kill people I care about, I will never buy one.

But yes, not trying to hijack this thread about Goodyear and SJWs within HR depts.

1986s4
08-22-20, 12:09
Had a set on my 13 F150, were great in the rain for about 20k and started fish tailing at 6/32s of tread in wet weather.

Had the BFG KO 2 before on the same truck and they were good for 50k. Great in mud and snow but a heavy tire that cut my fuel economy down a little over 1mpg. Have had these on many trucks since they came out but don’t go off road as much so heavier and more aggressive of a tire than I need which is why I tried the Coopers.

Running Toyo open country 3 now, only 300 miles so no real idea on these yet. Made in Georgia, but a Japanese company.

As for GY, worked for them over 30 years ago, IMO they are not they same quality as they once were, so not a tire I even consider. Last set I had was Wrangler GSA on a Bronco and was not impressed at all.

It sucks that companies can’t just sell a product, entertainers cant just entertain and sports stars can’t just catch a fricken ball without sharing their Political opinions and trying to push it on everyone else. Just do your dam job and shut the F up.

Right ! I don't listen to your music to find out who you voted for, I don't care ! Play ball, play music, entertain, just do it well.
Running Falken Wildpeaks on my Toyota FJ, working real well.

1986s4
08-22-20, 12:13
Back in 03-04 I had a 99 Ram 1500 4x4. Aside from guzzling gas it was a damn good truck. Like a tank. And when I bought it it was only 4-5 years old but already had 170k miles. But that was my one and only so that's my only personal experience. All those cop cars came later (late 00s) and they were junk

My Dodge Caravan had to many problems to list.. The Dodge pickup, midsized version, three transmissions in 88,000 miles plus brakes and other things. So glad to be rid of it.