PDA

View Full Version : Ammo Stored at High Temp (Short Term)

morpheus562
08-23-20, 13:01
Got the bad news that there is a minor bed bug infestation in the house, so having exterminators come next week to use a heat treatment (120⁰F+ for 3-6 hours) throughout the entire house to kill them. My question is what will this do to ammo being stored? Is the heat something to worry about since it is for such a short duration? If the ammo is fine with the heat, I'm assuming I'll need to get silica packets to reduce any condensation once it cools? I know my deployment got up to 130⁰F, so I'm hoping everything should be fine at the lower 120⁰F for just a few hours, but hoping for any feedback in case I'm missing something. Thank you!

ST911
08-23-20, 13:42
Got the bad news that there is a minor bed bug infestation in the house, so having exterminators come next week to use a heat treatment (120⁰F+ for 3-6 hours) throughout the entire house to kill them. My question is what will this do to ammo being stored? Is the heat something to worry about since it is for such a short duration? If the ammo is fine with the heat, I'm assuming I'll need to get silica packets to reduce any condensation once it cools? I know my deployment got up to 130⁰F, so I'm hoping everything should be fine at the lower 120⁰F for just a few hours, but hoping for any feedback in case I'm missing something. Thank you!

It will be fine.

Bimmer
08-23-20, 18:10
120° Fahrenheit?

That's nothing. I bet the interior of MarkM's car hits 150° if he parks in the sun with the windows rolled up...

markm
08-24-20, 08:44
120° Fahrenheit?

That's nothing. I bet the interior of MarkM's car hits 150° if he parks in the sun with the windows rolled up...

I shot that round that sat in the desert and rain and back of the pickup for months yesterday. Popped the 500 yards steel with it. The OP's ammo will be fine.

morpheus562
08-24-20, 10:18
Thanks all! Temps should range between 125⁰F and 130⁰F, maybe pushing up to 140⁰F maximum. 2020 keeps on delivering.