PDA

View Full Version : T2 Mount height

chamber143
08-25-20, 07:36
I will be ordering a new t2 with a scalar works mount in the coming days. I already have a t1 on a lt660 and have never had a problem but I see they now have a 1.93 height mount. I am curious as to if this too high. I do seem to have to crank down a little for the 660 but it’s not bad. Any thoughts on the higher mount are appreciated.

mebiuspower
08-25-20, 09:07
The 1.93 mount is designed to clear DBALs in front at 12 o'clock and/or use of NODs.

Some people prefer a higher cheek weld, but at the end of the day it's all personal preference.

MikhailBarracuda91
08-25-20, 09:07
If you have the standard larue lt660 mount, then it's already a 1.93" I have one and it's just a little bit to high to co witness with my buis. I do like the 1.93 height, that's my only gripe. When I look down my RDS the buis is close to co witnessing but it's too short.

Absolute co witness is 1.41" lower 1/3 is tricky because there's not really an industry standard. Most companies follow the 1.54" norm for lower 1/3 but I've seen some at 1.75"... ymmv. When companies offer a 1.93" mount it's exactly that, I've heard it was created to clear PEQ units

The larue lt660 lineup has a few different heights. They don't do a fantastic job at posting measurements of them either lol. I bought a 1.93" on accident TBH and I actually love it

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

chamber143
08-25-20, 09:13
I do have a peq15, as I shoot under nods some. I haven’t had much an issue clearing the t1 but as I get older I find that with my bad lower back that the hunching down had begun to aggravate me more than In my 30s. The 660 I have is the tall but I have read it’s supposed to be 1.54 but you are right, they aren’t clear at all about the heights on their sight. Thanks for the reply’s. Anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Miller
08-25-20, 09:33
If you have the standard larue lt660 mount, then it's already a 1.93"

https://www.lightfighter.net/topic/lt-mount-heights-aimpoint-trijicon-and-more

LT660 centerline is 1.64"

chamber143
08-25-20, 09:37

LT660 centerline is 1.64"

Yep I remember seeing that now. So my question I guess is that .29” positive or negative. I want something higher than the LaRue that I have, but don’t want a damn giraffe neck hanging off the rifle. Thanks in advance.

MikhailBarracuda91
08-25-20, 09:55

LT660 centerline is 1.64"Thanks bud, now I know I probably wouldn't like the 1.93". If anything the 1.64" a touch high when laying in the prone (for me)

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

JWill1776
08-25-20, 10:09
It's my understanding that in the prone position the 1.93" is uncomfortable, but otherwise great for quick shooting in other shooting positions. I'm looking into 1.93" height for my LPVO, seeking informed opinions. I also understand that a person's body sizes make a difference (make sense). In my case, I have a rather large head, so can probably manage a bit more height, even in prone.

chamber143
08-25-20, 10:36
It's my understanding that in the prone position the 1.93" is uncomfortable, but otherwise great for quick shooting in other shooting positions. I'm looking into 1.93" height for my LPVO, seeking informed opinions. I also understand that a person's body sizes make a difference (make sense). In my case, I have a rather large head, so can probably manage a bit more height, even in prone.

I’ve got a little bit of a pumpkin head too so I’m not too worried about that either. I’ve found that I’m prone that by rolling the rifle slightly to the left while shooting to lower the optic some. It’s the same technique I use when shooting under nods using peq to bring the laser more in line with the bore instead of the parallel zero.

JWill1776
08-25-20, 10:45
Great tip. I'm really leaning hard toward a 1.93" height for my LPVO. I've had other ones and used lower mounts and really have hard a time getting a sight picture as quickly as I'd like.

chamber143
08-25-20, 11:16
Great tip. I'm really leaning hard toward a 1.93" height for my LPVO. I've had other ones and used lower mounts and really have hard a time getting a sight picture as quickly as I'd like.

I took a class with my lpvo and I had my sbr with t1 as back up and after about 1 hour I put it up and shot the sbr the rest of the day. I hate the eye box of most lpvo and how far I have to get down on regular height mounts

chamber143
08-25-20, 13:56
I went ahead and order the t2 with 1.93 mount. I think it will fit the bill for me. I will update after receiving it. Thanks guys

Five_Point_Five_Six
08-26-20, 16:26
If you have the standard larue lt660 mount, then it's already a 1.93" I have one and it's just a little bit to high to co witness with my buis.

The larue lt660 lineup has a few different heights. They don't do a fantastic job at posting measurements of them either lol. I bought a 1.93" on accident TBH and I actually love it

This doesn't make any sense at all. First, the LT660 is a lower 1/3 mount. What BUIS are you using that don't cowitness with an Aimpoint micro on a LT660?

JoshNC
08-29-20, 15:59
Ive personally gravitated toward taller mounts for non-magnified and LPVOs, as they are more comfortable for me personally. I recently put an Aimpoint TL in a Unity FAST mount. It’s 2.26” and is very comfortable.

chamber143
08-29-20, 16:04
Ive personally gravitated toward taller mounts for non-magnified and LPVOs, as they are more comfortable for me personally. I recently put an Aimpoint TL in a Unity FAST mount. It’s 2.26” and is very comfortable.

I like tie 1.93. Haven’t had a chance to shoot it yet but a quick question. Are the t2 not as bright as the t1s were? Or is it that my t1 was a 4 moa and is larger. Out doors I have to put it on 12 to comfortably see it and I have 20-10 vision.