PDA

View Full Version : Breonna Taylor Shooting, New Details...The Media etc Really IS Trying to Start a War

Esq.
08-26-20, 12:52
https://www.yahoo.com/news/death-breonna-taylor-report-details-233726563.html

So after MONTHS of the narrative that Ms. Taylor was completely innocent, didn't have anything to do with drugs etc.....The TRUTH comes out or at least a piece of it. Seems as though she knew very well the target of the investigation and had accepted packages for him on MULTIPLE occasions.

Just like the Floyd initial blood test data that was just dropped......Hold that shit back until the whole damn world burns down and then, "Oh well, yea, maybe the police DID THEIR F'ING JOB!"- ie, busting shitbags.

Artos
08-26-20, 13:09
figured as much but still totally against no knocks...

Todd00000
08-26-20, 13:15
figured as much but still totally against no knocks...

Yep, they are bad news all around.

WickedWillis
08-26-20, 18:21

So after MONTHS of the narrative that Ms. Taylor was completely innocent, didn't have anything to do with drugs etc.....The TRUTH comes out or at least a piece of it. Seems as though she knew very well the target of the investigation and had accepted packages for him on MULTIPLE occasions.

Just like the Floyd initial blood test data that was just dropped......Hold that shit back until the whole damn world burns down and then, "Oh well, yea, maybe the police DID THEIR F'ING JOB!"- ie, busting shitbags.

This article is not siding with your opinion on the matter like you think it is. No knock warrants are ****ing retarded, and the Department is absolutely liable.

"Breonna Taylor did not deserve to die no matter what her role in all this,” said a Jefferson County law enforcement official who asked not to be identified because Kentucky's attorney general is still deciding whether the officers who shot Taylor should be prosecuted.

SteyrAUG
08-26-20, 18:23
Yep, they are bad news all around.

I would exempt hostage rescue situations and similar.

Esq.
08-26-20, 18:47
This article is not siding with your opinion on the matter like you think it is. No knock warrants are ****ing retarded, and the Department is absolutely liable.

"Breonna Taylor did not deserve to die no matter what her role in all this,” said a Jefferson County law enforcement official who asked not to be identified because Kentucky's attorney general is still deciding whether the officers who shot Taylor should be prosecuted.

The article brings to light previously unknown, un reported, FACTS that contradict the on going narrative. I dont care how they try to spin it.

Breonna Taylor has been made into "pure as the driven snow".....no reason for the police to be at her apartment....Pure bullshit, she had to know what was going on. Do you regularly accept packages for drug dealers? Honestly, For ANYONE?

As far as the no knock etc...Im not all about that. My issue is with the clear attempt to say she was not in some way complicit in what was going on.

jpmuscle
08-26-20, 18:54
The article brings to light previously unknown, un reported, FACTS that contradict the on going narrative. I dont care how they try to spin it.

Breonna Taylor has been made into "pure as the driven snow".....no reason for the police to be at her apartment....Pure bullshit, she had to know what was going on. Do you regularly accept packages for drug dealers? Honestly, For ANYONE?

As far as the no knock etc...Im not all about that. My issue is with the clear attempt to say she was not in some way complicit in what was going on.

Neo-Black virgin Mary of course.

prepare
08-26-20, 19:37
Since LE are being sacrificed for doing their job in accordance with their training I don't think private citizens will fair to well defending their lives with lethal force either.
In a recent podcast Andrew Branca discussed the rash politically motivated charges even when your actions are/were justified. Equal protection under the law might not be dead yet but its dying fast.

BoringGuy45
08-26-20, 20:29
I would exempt hostage rescue situations and similar.

That wouldn't require a warrant anyway. But I know what you mean. I think the only time that no knocks should be used is when they're going after an extremely violent group that is highly likely to fight back against the police. But if the reasoning is that the suspects might flush drugs down the toilet, it's not worth the risk.

Budget
08-26-20, 21:08
So yes BT is a total POS. From what I have read and video I have seen is basically a mistake of fact shooting. How I understand what happened was LMPD gets a no knock warrant authorized for BT's apartment. They decide they should probably knock. Time for execution was approximately midnight.

They decide at briefing that knock and announce is better solution. That happens...kind of. They knock knock knock. Unclear if any announcement is made. Shot rings out from inside as entry team is smashing the door. Officer hit in leg. Entry team returns fire striking the only visible person, being BT, in the hallway. Shooter is hiding in the bedroom and gives up. BT catches 2 to the head; unknown caliber.

On BG45's note of flushing evidence, I completely agree. I work dope for the time being and we tend to hit targets that don't have an amount you could flush. That said, it doesn't do anything for street level crime.

All in all I really couldn't care less BT is dead. Seems like LMPD followed their policy and entry team did what they did...within policy and law.

mrbieler
08-27-20, 19:25
I don't think that changes anything. The no knock BS needs to stop. I love when they say it's not a no-knock because they pound on the door 3x's, wait 10 seconds, and blast in. I'm sorry, but there's a turd in that punchbowl and I'm not drinking it.

They had the raid earlier this week in Kentucky where they dragged some nude mom out of her home because the bozo's had the wrong address information. They did the quick knock and kick routine while she was getting dressed. The cops got in trouble, but their rush to action caused unnecessary BS for all involved. There has to be a better way of doing these things.

In the OP's storyline, I'm fairly certain the overtime and manpower costs it would have taken to stake out the apartment and wait for their guy would have cost the department and the city a LOT less than the wrongful death lawsuit of Breonna Taylor will cost them. Also fairly certain the extra man power and resources costs it would have taken to get up off of George Floyds neck when he said he was having health issues would have been a lot less than it cost that city and department.

I don't believe the narrative of BLM but I do believe we need some serious reform and recalibration of what we want and expect out of law enforcement.

Adrenaline_6
08-27-20, 21:29
I don't think that changes anything. The no knock BS needs to stop. I love when they say it's not a no-knock because they pound on the door 3x's, wait 10 seconds, and blast in. I'm sorry, but there's a turd in that punchbowl and I'm not drinking it.

They had the raid earlier this week in Kentucky where they dragged some nude mom out of her home because the bozo's had the wrong address information. They did the quick knock and kick routine while she was getting dressed. The cops got in trouble, but their rush to action caused unnecessary BS for all involved. There has to be a better way of doing these things.

In the OP's storyline, I'm fairly certain the overtime and manpower costs it would have taken to stake out the apartment and wait for their guy would have cost the department and the city a LOT less than the wrongful death lawsuit of Breonna Taylor will cost them. Also fairly certain the extra man power and resources costs it would have taken to get up off of George Floyds neck when he said he was having health issues would have been a lot less than it cost that city and department.

I don't believe the narrative of BLM but I do believe we need some serious reform and recalibration of what we want and expect out of law enforcement.

Let's think about this logically for a minute. If they didn't knock...it seems things would have turned out better. I'm not vouching for no knocks...but in this case, it would have. There is no way a person would have time to get up, get oriented, grab a weapon and fire at the door, if they just knocked three times and then bashed the door in. No way...no how.

What probably happened is they knocked, announced themselves and gave him time to do what I mentioned above before bashing the door in.

Straight Shooter
08-27-20, 21:50
I didnt need this incident to prove the media are rat bastards trying to rip America apart.
Theyve been doing it, each year getting bolder & bolder, as far back as I can remember into the mid seventies,

Averageman
08-27-20, 22:05
Lay down with Dogs you might catch 9mm fleas.

08-28-20, 06:12
Let's think about this logically for a minute. If they didn't knock...it seems things would have turned out better. I'm not vouching for no knocks...but in this case, it would have. There is no way a person would have time to get up, get oriented, grab a weapon and fire at the door, if they just knocked three times and then bashed the door in. No way...no how.

What probably happened is they knocked, announced themselves and gave him time to do what I mentioned above before bashing the door in.

Honestly, from what I’ve read, they (that team) sound not so good at their job, to the point that knocking or not, there will be incidents resulting in loss of life.

ZGXtreme
08-28-20, 07:57

The reform and recalibration that is needed is with the selection of new officers. But there’s a problem. The ones we need and you’d want as cops are the ones that are smart enough to not apply anymore due to society’s rush to blame the police for society’s problems.

We’re left hiring those who ten years ago wouldn’t have made it past the written test and it has given America the policing it has asked for both directly (through senior officers just saying screw it and laying low) and indirectly (the junior officers being less qualified).

Now, statistically yes we’re getting some good new cops but it’s rare. Accordingly, officers are human and there is no way to avoid mistakes so I’m not saying everything would be perfect if the public and media would just back off a bit. But, they’d be minimized.

The raw fact of the matter; it’s a people and society problem fueled by the lefts agenda over the past few decades as they eroded the education system and destroyed the idea of self accountability. When one does wrong, it’s the systems fault and we as the police are arguably the most visible of that “system” and easiest to attack.

Like I said or at least alluded to, we are not perfect as humans performing this job. There’s always work to do and skills to refine. But when it comes to common sense decision making it’s the applicant pool that is largely the root of the problem.

jpmuscle
08-28-20, 10:21
The reform and recalibration that is needed is with the selection of new officers. But there’s a problem. The ones we need and you’d want as cops are the ones that are smart enough to not apply anymore due to society’s rush to blame the police for society’s problems.

We’re left hiring those who ten years ago wouldn’t have made it past the written test and it has given America the policing it has asked for both directly (through senior officers just saying screw it and laying low) and indirectly (the junior officers being less qualified).

Now, statistically yes we’re getting some good new cops but it’s rare. Accordingly, officers are human and there is no way to avoid mistakes so I’m not saying everything would be perfect if the public and media would just back off a bit. But, they’d be minimized.

The raw fact of the matter; it’s a people and society problem fueled by the lefts agenda over the past few decades as they eroded the education system and destroyed the idea of self accountability. When one does wrong, it’s the systems fault and we as the police are arguably the most visible of that “system” and easiest to attack.

Like I said or at least alluded to, we are not perfect as humans performing this job. There’s always work to do and skills to refine. But when it comes to common sense decision making it’s the applicant pool that is largely the root of the problem.

That’s great in theory but the problem is simply that cultural changes systemic to every generation of society at large inevitably shade the profession, same as any. Sometimes that good in that it leads to progression within LE culture and loosens absolute adherence to BS dogma of the but obviously it can be bad to. Just look at any “progressive” LE agency that’s so wrapped up in themselves and they completely fail in their most fundamental functions and obligations to their communities. This only worsens as you move up the jurisdictional hierarchy from local > federal.

I’ve lost count over the years of how many gun carriers I’ve met who of you didn’t know any better were the complete opposite of the prototypical law enforcement personality if not outright progressive idealists. Fortunately they’re a minority still but their prevalence is certainly increasing.

Prioritizing education over experience exacerbates matters imo too. Giving college grads who have little to no exposure to how the real world works a badge, gun, and a mission statement just furthers the disconnect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WickedWillis
08-28-20, 10:30
The people alluding to the fact that she deserved to be shot and killed in her own home, need some serious inner reflection. No bodycams on? You would think that would be crazy important this day and age. The war on drugs is a failure and targets blacks disproportionately, no matter how you want to boot-lick that one.

No knock warrants are dogshit like I said earlier, except under circumstances like Steyr mentioned, hostage rescue being one that really sticks out. These kill innocent people, as well as LEO's just following orders.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/news/a-no-knock-raid-in-houston-led-to-deaths-and-police-injuries-should-police-rethink-the-practice/

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/15/us/houston-police-officers-indicted-no-knock-warrant/index.html

https://www.kcentv.com/article/news/local/mother-of-man-killed-in-no-knock-warrant-serve-sues-city-of-killeen-kpd-officers/500-dd8ad07d-d398-4409-913c-3092e61a7a00

https://dcist.com/story/20/06/27/silver-spring-no-knock-warrant-montgomery-pd-palma-hernan-lilian/

08-28-20, 10:44
The people alluding to the fact that she deserved to be shot and killed in her own home, need some serious inner reflection. No bodycams on? You would think that would be crazy important this day and age. The war on drugs is a failure and targets blacks disproportionately, no matter how you want to boot-lick that one.

No knock warrants are dogshit like I said earlier, except under circumstances like Steyr mentioned, hostage rescue being one that really sticks out. These kill innocent people, as well as LEO's just following orders.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/news/a-no-knock-raid-in-houston-led-to-deaths-and-police-injuries-should-police-rethink-the-practice/

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/15/us/houston-police-officers-indicted-no-knock-warrant/index.html

https://www.kcentv.com/article/news/local/mother-of-man-killed-in-no-knock-warrant-serve-sues-city-of-killeen-kpd-officers/500-dd8ad07d-d398-4409-913c-3092e61a7a00

https://dcist.com/story/20/06/27/silver-spring-no-knock-warrant-montgomery-pd-palma-hernan-lilian/

It is common practice for “entry teams” “SRT” and “SWAT” to not use body cameras while performing these specific duties, and this practice MAY be valid due to opsec.

No knocks need to be an option only in certain extreme circumstances, not the norm. And this is how my team, and others in my area work. Callout is the default option, with escalation to measures that lead to suspects choosing to abandon the structure due to discomfort.

Why in TF would you routinely choose to engage in battle in a structure that may or may not have a preplanned defense if you can avoid that? Especially over dope? Callout, cut power, CS, dogs, etc.

The War on Drugs is stupid, expensive, and costly in lives lost, and we’ve known this for roughly a century. But every couple years, I have to choose between pro-gun and anti-prohibition candidates for some reason. And usually both sides are anti-gun and pro-prohibition. Because pro-authoritarinaism.

ChattanoogaPhil
08-28-20, 11:09

^^^^ Old news... reported months ago. That said, it wasn't included in a lot TV news, at least not that I remember.

The_War_Wagon
08-28-20, 13:22
Breonna Taylor Shooting, New Details...The Media etc Really IS Trying to Start a War

https://vimeo.com/392085464

WickedWillis
08-28-20, 13:51
It is common practice for “entry teams” “SRT” and “SWAT” to not use body cameras while performing these specific duties, and this practice MAY be valid due to opsec.

No knocks need to be an option only in certain extreme circumstances, not the norm. And this is how my team, and others in my area work. Callout is the default option, with escalation to measures that lead to suspects choosing to abandon the structure due to discomfort.

Why in TF would you routinely choose to engage in battle in a structure that may or may not have a preplanned defense if you can avoid that? Especially over dope? Callout, cut power, CS, dogs, etc.

The War on Drugs is stupid, expensive, and costly in lives lost, and we’ve known this for roughly a century. But every couple years, I have to choose between pro-gun and anti-prohibition candidates for some reason. And usually both sides are anti-gun and pro-prohibition. Because pro-authoritarinaism.

Great information in this post 1168. I was not aware that was common practice to not use bodycams on raids like this, but the reasoning makes a ton of sense.

turnburglar
08-28-20, 14:32
I had a guy knocking on my door at 6 am this morning. I don't know why he was there as I didn't answer, but I absolutely had my Glock 19 in hand. Glad he wasn't a cop.

ANYONE who goes banging on doors at weird hours and then kicks them in deserves to catch a round. LEO or not; thats how we protect our homes in America. How is the average American supposed to know the difference between just a regular home invader and your local PD doing no knocks? I remember in Afghanistan Obama signed the Kharzi convention that limited ISAF in all kinds of crazy ways. Seeing our own cops in America having looser ROE's than ISAF is unacceptable.

Esq.
08-28-20, 14:49
I had a guy knocking on my door at 6 am this morning. I don't know why he was there as I didn't answer, but I absolutely had my Glock 19 in hand. Glad he wasn't a cop.

ANYONE who goes banging on doors at weird hours and then kicks them in deserves to catch a round. LEO or not; thats how we protect our homes in America. How is the average American supposed to know the difference between just a regular home invader and your local PD doing no knocks? I remember in Afghanistan Obama signed the Kharzi convention that limited ISAF in all kinds of crazy ways. Seeing our own cops in America having looser ROE's than ISAF is unacceptable.

Yea, I've heard this before. Here's the thing. I'm not a CRIMINAL and I never answer my door unless I know who it is. So, by default anyone attempting to beat my door in, is either 1. Very mistaken (not MY PROBLEM) or 2. A Criminal. Either way, weapons free. In this case, it was NEITHER OPTION. The police had every right to be there and Breonna the "bag lady"- That's what the Mob calls people who move illegal product around for people who are "hot", should have known it was a probability. Do illegal shit, expect the police to show up at some point....Rocket Surgery? Nope.

Further, I don't think the ROE's are looser. The officers here TOOK ROUNDS BEFORE THEY SHOT BACK. Now, I haven't been "In Country".....but I'm guessing even under Obama etc...that our troops taking rounds were able to shoot back to defend themselves?

08-28-20, 14:59
Yea, I've heard this before. Here's the thing. I'm not a CRIMINAL and I never answer my door unless I know who it is. So, by default anyone attempting to beat my door in, is either 1. Very mistaken (not MY PROBLEM) or 2. A Criminal. Either way, weapons free. In this case, it was NEITHER OPTION. The police had every right to be there and Breonna the "bag lady"- That's what the Mob calls people who move illegal product around for people who are "hot", should have known it was a probability. Do illegal shit, expect the police to show up at some point....Rocket Surgery? Nope.

Further, I don't think the ROE's are looser. The officers here TOOK ROUNDS BEFORE THEY SHOT BACK. Now, I haven't been "In Country".....but I'm guessing even under Obama etc...that our troops taking rounds were able to shoot back to defend themselves?

I think by ROE, he means criteria for aggression, such as booting a door and dragging someone out of their bed, not shoot/no shoot. In the US, depending on jurisdiction, this can be more or less lenient than Khowst in 2013.

Pappabear
08-28-20, 15:01
I understand the dirtbag that took 7 in the back had a weapon on the floorboard of his car, but they let the world burn down before letting that info out. On drugs, charged with molesting a minor.........That makes for open season at Target. Ever wonder why Target always takes the hit?

PB

Whiskey_Bravo
08-28-20, 15:04
I understand the dirtbag that took 7 in the back had a weapon on the floorboard of his car, but they let the world burn down before letting that info out. On drugs, charged with molesting a minor.........That makes for open season at Target. Ever wonder why Target always takes the hit?

PB

It wouldn't have mattered if they released that info the same night. I mean they are still rioting in Minneapolis over a dude that shot himself on the sidewalk in broad daylight with dozens of people within feet of him.

Averageman
08-28-20, 16:09
PB

From what I understand, Target is a "target" because of their previous policies concerning how they deal with shoplifters.
In my opinion he committed "Death by Cop", I will wait for the toxicology report, but I'm guessing if your reaching in to a Car while a Cop has a gun on you and keeps Screaming "NO!", your not firing on all mental cylinders. That or you would rather die than go back to prison for the rest of your life.

What we are seeing is the result Left Wing Media who have been carrying water for the Socialist/Progressive movement reach a crescendo and encourage insurgents to overthrow the United States.

If you want to point to someone responsible for her getting shot, look at who was where. She's moving toward the door, the Cops are breaking the door down and the boyfriend shoots past her to the cops coming in the door. That's who started all of the shooting.

Straight Shooter
08-28-20, 18:49

About 4 times in my life...Ive been sitting next to the front door of where ever I was living at the time..and looked to see the doorknob turning. Once was way out in the country with my first wife & stepkids. I was not close to a firearm..but angrily opened the door to some fool "looking for so & so". Lets say he never came back.
Last time, about 5 years ago..in my apt. Saw the knob twisting back & forth. I grabbed my G17 & yanked that door opened so fast, to find a very nicely dressed, young black kid, holding schoolbooks, trying to put his key into what he thought was a friends door. He about shit his pants. I told him, nicely but firmly. I understood he made a mistake, no problem..but be careful next time as some people arent so understanding. So..my point is you come at my door..Im not a criminal & I KNOW Ive done no legal wrong...If I can get a weapon in my hand I guess we will see who is standing when its all over. How cops can bust down doors at wrong addresses and shoot innocent people is beyond me.

turnburglar
08-28-20, 21:19
I think by ROE, he means criteria for aggression, such as booting a door and dragging someone out of their bed, not shoot/no shoot. In the US, depending on jurisdiction, this can be more or less lenient than Khowst in 2013.

This.

I remember setting up parameters on compounds, waiting for daylight before we could do a raid. If an individual inside the suspected compound wanted to take an early morning stroll, they could walk right past ISAF no problem. I remember KNOWING exactly who was a bomb maker an his daily routines and locations. Only reason we didn't just walk right up and shoot him in his face was 'politics'. There where MANY many times in OEF, where it would have been easier if instead of ISAF ROE's we could have used the PD tactics we keep seeing here at home.

_Stormin_
08-30-20, 06:28
I understand the dirtbag that took 7 in the back had a weapon on the floorboard of his car, but they let the world burn down before letting that info out. On drugs, charged with molesting a minor...
Can't wait for him to get out of the infirmary so that they can wheel him into court to "stand" for those charges.

glocktogo
09-01-20, 09:45
So here's the other side of the story:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/breonna-taylor-ex-boyfriend-offered-203500792.html

Jamarcus Glover turned down the plea deal that would have implicated Breonna Taylor in his alleged crimes

Breonna Taylor’s ex-boyfriend was offered a plea deal if he would claim that she was part of an “organized crime syndicate.”

Jamarcus Glover, Taylor’s ex-boyfriend and the focus of the no-knock raid which took her life, pled not guilty to drug charges Friday. Court records indicated that prosecutors were willing to give him a plea deal if he were to implicate Taylor in his alleged crimes, WDRB reported Monday.

Glover was given the offer by the Jefferson Commonwealth’s Attorney’s office on July 13 to avoid a 10-year prison sentence and be sentenced to possible probation.

In return for leniency, he was required to admit he and “co-codefendants,” were involved in a drug trafficking operation in Louisville, Kentucky through April 22.

According to court records, the crime syndicate sold drugs from an abandoned warehouse and vacant houses in Louisville. Taylor, 26, lived just 10 miles away.

Glover, 30, turned down the plea deal. An attorney representing Taylor’s family in a wrongful death lawsuit blasted officials for “the lengths to which those within the police department and Commonwealth’s Attorney went to after Breonna Taylor’s killing to try and paint a picture of her which was vastly different than the woman she truly was,” Sam Aguiar said.

“The fact that they would try to even represent that she was a co-defendant in a criminal case more than a month after she died is absolutely disgusting.”

Now why would the DA offer the primary suspect in the whole operation a plead deal if he implicates someone who's already dead? Is he gonna pull Taylor out of the grave to prosecute her? And why would Glover turn down a deal that would save him a 10 year prison stint if it was true and they had the evidence to prove it? Oh and that $8K she was allegedly holding for him at the time, where is it? Did the team accidentally forget to log it into evidence?

I'm not gonna believe a dope dealer, but I'm not going to automatically assume the cops are 100% legit either. This whole thing stinks and the premise remains, night time raids for drugs and money are beyond stupid.

Esq.
09-01-20, 10:16
So here's the other side of the story:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/breonna-taylor-ex-boyfriend-offered-203500792.html

Now why would the DA offer the primary suspect in the whole operation a plead deal if he implicates someone who's already dead? Is he gonna pull Taylor out of the grave to prosecute her? And why would Glover turn down a deal that would save him a 10 year prison stint if it was true and they had the evidence to prove it? Oh and that $8K she was allegedly holding for him at the time, where is it? Did the team accidentally forget to log it into evidence?

I'm not gonna believe a dope dealer, but I'm not going to automatically assume the cops are 100% legit either. This whole thing stinks and the premise remains, night time raids for drugs and money are beyond stupid.

Several reasons.

1. There is a SHIT TON of MONEY at stake here. Taylor will most certainly file a civil suit. If she's implicated- as she pretty much already has been through surveillance at a trap house etc...then her suit goes NOWHERE. Be interesting to see who Mr. Drug Dealers attorney is and who is paying him.....

2. So he goes to prison? That's HOME for most of those guys, big deal. He won't do 10 years anyway. The average MURDER sentence in this country is less than SEVEN.

3. Politics. There are serious political repercussions surrounding this as we are seeing all over the country. If the "victim" turns out to be a shit bag, that all goes away. This is bigger than "one dope dealer" in Kentucky at this point.

glocktogo
09-01-20, 10:28
Several reasons.

1. There is a SHIT TON of MONEY at stake here. Taylor will most certainly file a civil suit. If she's implicated- as she pretty much already has been through surveillance at a trap house etc...then her suit goes NOWHERE. Be interesting to see who Mr. Drug Dealers attorney is and who is paying him.....

2. So he goes to prison? That's HOME for most of those guys, big deal. He won't do 10 years anyway. The average MURDER sentence in this country is less than SEVEN.

3. Politics. There are serious political repercussions surrounding this as we are seeing all over the country. If the "victim" turns out to be a shit bag, that all goes away. This is bigger than "one dope dealer" in Kentucky at this point.

I appreciate you admitting that this is more about money and politics than "justice". That's the way I see it too. :(

09-01-20, 11:37
Unfortunately, I think you could be onto something.

I appreciate you admitting that this is more about money and politics than "justice". That's the way I see it too. :(

jsbhike
09-01-20, 11:45
Several reasons.

I am fairly sure Taylor isn't filing a lawsuit or anything else.

Esq.
09-01-20, 12:21
I am fairly sure Taylor isn't filing a lawsuit or anything else.

I can guarantee you there will be a "settlement" with her family out of this at some point. With Ben Crump and Sam Aguiar "representing" her family, I can PROMISE it. Crump is ALL about the money.

Esq.
09-01-20, 15:38
First lawsuit filed today.

https://news.yahoo.com/breonna-taylors-boyfriend-files-civil-163022818.html

Money, Money, Money..........So very predictable.....

Coal Dragger
09-01-20, 15:51
This whole shit show is just more proof that the “war on drugs” is stupid, has always been stupid, and will continue to be stupid. Only fools participate in trying to “fight” it, and they should educate themselves on the failure of prohibition on alcohol that also failed miserably and created many of the same problems.

I realize that statement will make me unpopular with some LEO’s on here who spend the vast majority of their time stupidly because they are tasked with a stupid activity. Sorry guys and gals in drug enforcement, you’re doing a fool’s errand and are destined to fail. Your entire mission at drug enforcement is just a waste of money, time, and lives.

Esq.
09-01-20, 16:24
This whole shit show is just more proof that the “war on drugs” is stupid, has always been stupid, and will continue to be stupid. Only fools participate in trying to “fight” it, and they should educate themselves on the failure of prohibition on alcohol that also failed miserably and created many of the same problems.

I realize that statement will make me unpopular with some LEO’s on here who spend the vast majority of their time stupidly because they are tasked with a stupid activity. Sorry guys and gals in drug enforcement, you’re doing a fool’s errand and are destined to fail. Your entire mission at drug enforcement is just a waste of money, time, and lives.

This will not be popular for certain because there is a segment of people who think they should be able to do whatever they want.

You do some things because they are the right thing to do, win, lose or draw. Win or lose is not part of the equation. Drugs are trouble. Period. They destroy lives and not just of those who use them.

Legalization is no panacea. Just go to Colorado and look around. We used to go regularly, beautiful state. Now, just about every major intersection has some shitbag on it panhandling for their daily fix.

jsbhike
09-01-20, 16:48
I can guarantee you there will be a "settlement" with her family out of this at some point. With Ben Crump and Sam Aguiar "representing" her family, I can PROMISE it. Crump is ALL about the money.

Estate yes, not Taylor.

You might want to read up on Louisville before giving a lot of weight to their claims as well.

jsbhike
09-01-20, 16:50
This will not be popular for certain because there is a segment of people who think they should be able to do whatever they want.

You do some things because they are the right thing to do, win, lose or draw. Win or lose is not part of the equation. Drugs are trouble. Period. They destroy lives and not just of those who use them.

Legalization is no panacea. Just go to Colorado and look around. We used to go regularly, beautiful state. Now, just about every major intersection has some shitbag on it panhandling for their daily fix.

All other drugs will likely never catch up to the drug alcohol. While alcohol was and is detrimental to society, prohibition was an even larger disaster.

Coal Dragger
09-01-20, 19:34
Exactly.

Forcing a product in demand to an illegal supply chain creates a lot more serious problems than it solves.

jpmuscle
09-01-20, 20:12
Exactly.

Forcing a product in demand to an illegal supply chain creates a lot more serious problems than it solves.

Who knew anytime government try’s to enforce behavioral change and curb freedom of choice at gun point it is almost always the wrong course of action.

Coal Dragger
09-01-20, 22:14
Crazy right?

jpmuscle
09-01-20, 22:56
Crazy right?

It’s like for some unknown unidentifiable reason history always repeats itself.

Averageman
09-01-20, 23:38
Exactly.

I totally agree with what you are saying, however whenever you involve the ,gov, they want their cut.
A number of States have legalized marijuana, however the State taxes on the marijuana only make the black market increase, not decrease. When you decide to apply a 110% tax on a questionably "Legal" product someone's going to cheat.
Think of it this way, If Al Capon was allowed to sell a $10.00 dollar bottle of whiskey in Chicago, but he had to charge $21.00 and give eleven to the State, how long would Al play along before selling his $10.00 bottles for $15.00 and make an additional profit and an increase in customers because he's the only guy with $15.00 bottles of whiskey?
The problem is with legalization, you have to have some non-greedy people with common sense and a far ranging view of economic cause and effect.
So that aint happening any time soon.

Coal Dragger
09-02-20, 00:27
Yeah well common sense needs to prevail on taxation of a given product, or you get similar undesirable results.

jsbhike
09-02-20, 05:46
Yeah well common sense needs to prevail on taxation of a given product, or you get similar undesirable results.

Kephart mentions all of that in this:

https://books.google.com/books/about/Our_Southern_Highlanders.html?id=vuNBAAAAIAAJ&printsec=frontcover&source=kp_read_button

He also mentions a lot more details in chapter XI on this guy than odmp cares to pass along.

https://www.odmp.org/officer/11519-federal-prohibition-agent-james-holland-rose

wahoo95
09-02-20, 08:47
Anyone seen this article

https://www.wave3.com/2020/07/05/breonna-taylor-lawsuit-amended-now-places-blame-mayor-fischer-new-development-project/

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

glocktogo
09-02-20, 11:20
Anyone seen this article

https://www.wave3.com/2020/07/05/breonna-taylor-lawsuit-amended-now-places-blame-mayor-fischer-new-development-project/

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Well that's something that's been happening since the advent of cities. No one should be surprised if this turns out to be true.

Esq.
09-02-20, 11:27
I totally agree with what you are saying, however whenever you involve the ,gov, they want their cut.
A number of States have legalized marijuana, however the State taxes on the marijuana only make the black market increase, not decrease. When you decide to apply a 110% tax on a questionably "Legal" product someone's going to cheat.
Think of it this way, If Al Capon was allowed to sell a $10.00 dollar bottle of whiskey in Chicago, but he had to charge $21.00 and give eleven to the State, how long would Al play along before selling his $10.00 bottles for $15.00 and make an additional profit and an increase in customers because he's the only guy with $15.00 bottles of whiskey?
The problem is with legalization, you have to have some non-greedy people with common sense and a far ranging view of economic cause and effect.
So that aint happening any time soon.

The people who pushed legalization BEGGED to be taxed, you can only blame the government so much for giving them what they wanted.

09-02-20, 11:43
The people who pushed legalization BEGGED to be taxed, you can only blame the government so much for giving them what they wanted.

The money-oriented argument that I am most familiar with is that enforcement of cannabis prohibition costs the tax payer flaming piles of money, thus simply treating it like any other good will allow that money to be better spent. No need for special taxes. Of course, governments are greedy, and Karen will need a nicer parking lot at her kid’s school in exchange for a majority agreeing that state and local cops won’t participate in shooting people (and their dogs) over a drug that is basically everywhere.

Averageman
09-04-20, 10:54

Well think about that for a minute and ask yourself why?
Because as I stated earlier, I'm sure Al Capone would have agreed to the same sort of taxing, the black market will open up immediately. Once that weed goes in to an unmarked baggie, how do you know if it was taxed or not?

jsbhike
10-23-20, 20:21
Back in the news.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/20/us/breonna-taylor-grand-juror-ruling/index.html

glocktogo
10-24-20, 00:56
Back in the news.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/20/us/breonna-taylor-grand-juror-ruling/index.html

I’m perfectly willing to hold out the possibility that Taylor was running dirty, but it doesn’t look good when the AG’s office is putting their thumb on the scales.

BoringGuy45
10-24-20, 07:55
I’m perfectly willing to hold out the possibility that Taylor was running dirty, but it doesn’t look good when the AG’s office is putting their thumb on the scales.

It really doesn't matter if she was or wasn't. If the officers were acting in good faith, it's hard to find reason to charge them for homicide. It's even harder to charge when the evidence shows that they were fired upon and returned fire. I think the biggest thing at stake here is policy regarding search warrants, and that puts a lot of the blame for this on the judge, rather than solely on these cops.

C-grunt
10-24-20, 10:03
I wondering if the grand jury was given a chance to consider rape charges or money laundering charges?? They only present the charges they are going after. Did they bring up potential charges against the boyfriend for shooting the officer? No? Probably because, like homicide charges against the officers, the case has little chance of actually being successful.

The two officers at the front door who were shot at have the law on their side for why they shot back. They third guy blindly firing through a side door or window or whatever has a hard time justifying that action.

jsbhike
10-24-20, 10:23
I wondering if the grand jury was given a chance to consider rape charges or money laundering charges?? They only present the charges they are going after. Did they bring up potential charges against the boyfriend for shooting the officer? No? Probably because, like homicide charges against the officers, the case has little chance of actually being successful.

The two officers at the front door who were shot at have the law on their side for why they shot back. They third guy blindly firing through a side door or window or whatever has a hard time justifying that action.

The grand jury can narrow or broaden the indictment.

You do bring up a good point though, because why convene a grand jury if the only thing that matters is the desire of the state. Same issue with the actual trial as well.

Pappabear
10-24-20, 12:04
Anyone killed by LE is a complete Saint. End of story CBS< NBC< MSNBC< CNN<ABCdefghijklmnop

God Bless Tucker Carlson

PB

jsbhike
10-24-20, 12:31
Anyone killed by LE is a complete Saint. End of story CBS< NBC< MSNBC< CNN<ABCdefghijklmnop

God Bless Tucker Carlson

PB

In certain circles there is that belief.

Flip side of the coin, in certain LE circles there are those that feel it is the within the purview of their members to walk in to someone else's home and gun them down.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2019/09/25/texas-rangers-investigator-doesnt-believe-amber-guyger-committed-crime-when-she-killed-botham-jean/

Let the facts go before a grand jury/trial jury, don't try to lead(mislead?) them in a particular direction.

glocktogo
10-24-20, 16:37
It really doesn't matter if she was or wasn't. If the officers were acting in good faith, it's hard to find reason to charge them for homicide. It's even harder to charge when the evidence shows that they were fired upon and returned fire. I think the biggest thing at stake here is policy regarding search warrants, and that puts a lot of the blame for this on the judge, rather than solely on these cops.

Agreed and even more to the point. The supremacy of law is all encompassing. The legal system must be protected at all costs, to the exclusion of individual rights if necessary.

lowprone
10-24-20, 19:38
I loath the media and their masters, they have much to account for .

tn1911
10-24-20, 20:12
No knock warrants should be as rare as actual hostage rescues by cops.

Rescuing a bag of dope isn’t worth the cost of dead people. So many are so f’ing blind to all rights and liberties we’ve lost due to the war on some drugs.

We now live in a country where the courts allow dogs to issue search warrants... think about that for a few minutes...

BoringGuy45
10-24-20, 22:00

Rescuing a bag of dope isn’t worth the cost of dead people. So many are so f’ing blind to all rights and liberties we’ve lost due to the war on some drugs.

We now live in a country where the courts allow dogs to issue search warrants... think about that for a few minutes...

I agree that the government is just too zealous about that stuff. And the problem is, many of those cops don't care; many are just in it for the rush. It's not that they really, truly think they're cleaning up the community by kicking down doors to look for a couple bags of crack. It's that looking for a couple bags of crack gives them the excuse to kick down doors.

ABNAK
10-24-20, 23:12
Anyone recall the guy those asshole Mesa, AZ cops had crawl down the hallway of that hotel and then killed him pointblank? Oh, he was white, no biggie, no riots. How about the guy killed in his doorway in Kansas City who had been SWAT'd, 'cause the cop across the street in some shrubs "feared" for the life of his fellow cops on either side of the door? He too was white, no biggie, no riots.

If you pull the trigger and you are wrong you should pay criminally, not just civilly. You and I would if we fvcked up, why should a badge exonerate you? It shouldn't.

Caveat: I'm not necessarily saying the cops in the Taylor case were wrong since they were fired upon first.

That said, if you were sleeping and a couple guys burst through your door at o'dark thirty and you shot at them, if you hadn't done anything wrong and they killed you would they be criminally liable? They should be. You can't replace life. Saying "Oops, sorry" and paying out big $$$ doesn't bring that person back to life.

Now one can say "They are doing a difficult job, it has many hazards and mistakes are one of them". Okay.....I work in the medical field. If I get COVID treating patients can I blame them for giving it to me? I chose the job, hazards and all.

I don't believe in "qualified immunity" for fvck-ups that kill people who shouldn't have been killed. Don't like that? Don't take the job, it's as simple as that. If I didn't want the risk of getting COVID I should quit the medical field.

Not an anti-cop bashing at all. It's an anti-fvck-up bashing.

ChattanoogaPhil
10-25-20, 09:31
As long as law enforcement officers are following training and department policy that's about all that can legally be expected of them. Same with healthcare workers following training and protocols.

Yes, mistakes are made. John Hopkins estimates 250,000 deaths per year are due to medical error. Charge all those healthcare workers with crimes? Do you really want to live in a world that criminalizes the fact that humans are imperfect? Not me. Intent is a major factor in any analysis.

C-grunt
10-25-20, 10:36
The grand jury can narrow or broaden the indictment.

You do bring up a good point though, because why convene a grand jury if the only thing that matters is the desire of the state. Same issue with the actual trial as well.

Has there been any talk that the jury wanted to bring up other charges and were denied?

10-25-20, 11:14

No knocks should literally be as rare as hostage rescues, and for some teams, they are.

As far as dogs being a substitute for getting a proper warrant, yeah, its time for the drug war to be over. Fortunately, in my area, some of the dog handlers will stop their dogs from indicating if they believe its a bs fishing expedition, and many of the other cops will dump dope to avoid charging for simple possession. Its over. We just need to call it officially.

BoringGuy45
10-25-20, 11:52
No knocks should literally be as rare as hostage rescues, and for some teams, they are.

As far as dogs being a substitute for getting a proper warrant, yeah, its time for the drug war to be over. Fortunately, in my area, some of the dog handlers will stop their dogs from indicating if they believe its a bs fishing expedition, and many of the other cops will dump dope to avoid charging for simple possession. Its over. We just need to call it officially.

The only drugs I'm in favor of aggressive enforcement against is stuff that is, in and of itself, dangerous to innocent people. Heroin and Fentanyl, for example, are almost like chemical weapons, in that simple accidental skin exposure can kill a person. They aren't just a societal hazard, they're a straight up biohazard. But things like coke, crack, LSD, and ecstasy? I'm not for completely legalizing them and allowing them to be sold behind the counter at 7Eleven and Wawa next to the cigarettes and dip. But I don't think we need to have cops on a mad hunt every day, pulling every driver in the ghetto out of their cars and looking for $5 bags of cracks, or kicking down doors at 1am because they can't let those few ounces of coke get flushed down the toilet.

seb5
10-25-20, 13:09

Good points and I agree. I also believe that it's the "war on drugs" that greatly contributed to the angst we're seeing with a lot of the minority communities.

tn1911
10-25-20, 14:05
Good points and I agree. I also believe that it's the "war on drugs" that greatly contributed to the angst we're seeing with a lot of the minority communities.

Absolutely, and those on the right who are growing to distrust cops see those same no knock dope raid tactics used against gun owners... at some point the cops in this country are going to find themselves outnumbered, alone and surrounded by a public that ranges from folks who just don't trust any of them to folks who want the dead.

tn1911
10-25-20, 14:10
Heroin and Fentanyl, for example, are almost like chemical weapons, in that simple accidental skin exposure can kill a person.

That is simply not true... a quick google search turns up hundreds of articles debunking this myth.

https://www.livescience.com/65502-can-touching-fentanyl-really-kill-you.html

jsbhike
10-25-20, 19:05
Has there been any talk that the jury wanted to bring up other charges and were denied?

That seems to be the case.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/10/20/breonna-taylor-grand-jury-juror-says-homicide-charges-not-deliberated/5995670002/

C-grunt
10-25-20, 21:16
That seems to be the case.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/10/20/breonna-taylor-grand-jury-juror-says-homicide-charges-not-deliberated/5995670002/

Big difference between the DA saying they aren't looking at any other charges because they won't fly and the grand jury wanting other charges and being denied.

jsbhike
10-25-20, 21:52
Big difference between the DA saying they aren't looking at any other charges because they won't fly and the grand jury wanting other charges and being denied.

The article/member of the grand jury states the grand jury asked about additional charges and that idea got pooh poohed.

If charges are only based on what the state wants, or doesn't want, to do then why bother convening a grand jury at all?

That also poses the question as to whether it really wouldn't stick or certain people don't want it to stick. From the same neck of the woods a few years back there was a career special snowflake they didn't convict despite that he engaged in kidnapping and extortion.

https://www.wdrb.com/news/good-cop-bad-cop-the-matthew-corder-story/article_d177af98-0fa4-5bca-b2b7-17d180f97631.html

jsbhike
10-25-20, 22:10
As long as law enforcement officers are following training and department policy that's about all that can legally be expected of them. Same with healthcare workers following training and protocols.

Yes, mistakes are made. John Hopkins estimates 250,000 deaths per year are due to medical error. Charge all those healthcare workers with crimes? Do you really want to live in a world that criminalizes the fact that humans are imperfect? Not me. Intent is a major factor in any analysis.

That's really apples to oranges.

Barring the medical people engaging in some sort of scam:

1) the person voluntarily went to the medical people
2) the medical people are trying to help them
3) if the person decides they aren't liking the treatment they are receiving they are free to leave
4) if medical folk don't go along with #3 then they will very much wish they had.

I don't worship the medical(or any other field) so between their screw ups and intentional crap like the Tuskegee syphilis experiment, their recommendations don't need to become mandates.

That being said, interaction with LE isn't voluntary from start to finish and that interaction is typically started with at least some notion to fine or jail the person which is in no way improving their lot in life.

The following policy and training defense needs some discernment instead of being a blanket free pass. Without discernment it just smacks of just following orders.

BoringGuy45
10-26-20, 10:38

3) if the person decides they aren't liking the treatment they are receiving they are free to leave
4) if medical folk don't go along with #3 then they will very much wish they had.

I don't worship the medical(or any other field) so between their screw ups and intentional crap like the Tuskegee syphilis experiment, their recommendations don't need to become mandates.

That being said, interaction with LE isn't voluntary from start to finish and that interaction is typically started with at least some notion to fine or jail the person which is in no way improving their lot in life.

The following policy and training defense needs some discernment instead of being a blanket free pass. Without discernment it just smacks of just following orders.

In some cases, I agree. Cops can't act as though they are knights or samurai and oaths to obeying to their lords must take precedent over all else. It's already been established that an illegal order is no order at all, and that decisions need to be made based on reason and necessity. If a cop defies common sense and his defense is that department policy required/forbid him from exercising his judgement in that case and, in that case, somebody died, that's a problem. If, however, he was making his best judgment within the law and policies of the department and something went wrong, there needs to be some level of immunity. You can't have people who are too afraid to do anything because, even if they follow the rules, they will be punished if something goes wrong.

jsbhike
10-26-20, 13:32
In some cases, I agree. Cops can't act as though they are knights or samurai and oaths to obeying to their lords must take precedent over all else. It's already been established that an illegal order is no order at all, and that decisions need to be made based on reason and necessity. If a cop defies common sense and his defense is that department policy required/forbid him from exercising his judgement in that case and, in that case, somebody died, that's a problem. If, however, he was making his best judgment within the law and policies of the department and something went wrong, there needs to be some level of immunity. You can't have people who are too afraid to do anything because, even if they follow the rules, they will be punished if something goes wrong.

What happens when you have citizens who think they are following the rules, but get punished anyway?

In either scenario(obviously wrong or maybe not as obvious), those higher up the chain creating those bad policies need to be held even more accountable.

Esq.
10-26-20, 14:12
What happens when you have citizens who think they are following the rules, but get punished anyway?

In either scenario(obviously wrong or maybe not as obvious), those higher up the chain creating those bad policies need to be held even more accountable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyh5M8-cejo

This is why you don't need to talk about defunding the police. They are going to quit. Complete bullshit.

jsbhike
10-26-20, 14:27
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyh5M8-cejo

This is why you don't need to talk about defunding the police. They are going to quit. Complete bullshit.

That is bullshit, but so is this complete opposite from Georgia.

https://youtu.be/JBNrPuFMWdg

BoringGuy45
10-26-20, 15:32

I agree that the higher ups are actually more responsible than the cops on the street just trying to do what they feel is right.

But to your first point, the answer, to me, is to put more protections in place for civilians who defend themselves legally, not simply decrease protection for cops who do the same. If I have to defend myself and I do so by the book and STILL get arrested, it's not going to help me just thinking that a cop in my position would be in the same amount of trouble.

jsbhike
10-26-20, 18:13
I agree that the higher ups are actually more responsible than the cops on the street just trying to do what they feel is right.

But to your first point, the answer, to me, is to put more protections in place for civilians who defend themselves legally, not simply decrease protection for cops who do the same. If I have to defend myself and I do so by the book and STILL get arrested, it's not going to help me just thinking that a cop in my position would be in the same amount of trouble.

My comment wasn't limited to police officers or self-defense. The criminal justice system as a whole has a large number exemptions from laws, but that is not enough so there is also professional courtesy and when the previous two aren't enough then the we didn't know better card gets played. That is in opposition to The peons Who didn't choose a legal career, but nevertheless aren't all out of the ignorance as an excuse.

While I think self-defense laws should be more just and in favor of the intended victim, I do not want current or past police justifications for use of force to spread considering more than a few of those have seemed to be based on a very active imagination rather than reality to put it kindly at best.

Firefly
10-26-20, 19:39
Sometimes things in policework get confused.

It’s quite maddening.

jpmuscle
10-26-20, 20:13

No it really is apples to apples.

If there’s no moral equivalence there because the general public is stupid there should be. A life is a life right?

It’s peculiar how such equivalencies go out the window when politics get involved. We have to shut down the country because of Covid because if it saves just one life it’s worth it... never mind the toll it’s taken on the the elderly living in isolation because they’ve been abandoned and having been able to visit family in 8 months or more. How many lives has that cost? All because we gotta stop the spread of the @*^%ing flu.

How about the millions who die annually because they eat garbage from McDonalds leading obesity, diabetes, and heart disease? Not a peep about this from anyone.

Same folks love themselves some gun bans and 2A restrictions because if it saves just one child’s life from a school shooting? Yet the same crowd is all about abortion rights that’s resulted in how many millions of deaths since Roe V. Wade?

But LE screw ups count for what? A few dozen lives annually?

But there’s definitely no moral equivalencies in play because not all lives are equal so it doesn’t matter.

jsbhike
10-26-20, 20:41
No it really is apples to apples.

If there’s no moral equivalence there because the general public is stupid there should be. A life is a life right?

It’s peculiar how such equivalencies go out the window when politics get involved. We have to shut down the country because of Covid because if it saves just one life it’s worth it... never mind the toll it’s taken on the the elderly living in isolation because they’ve been abandoned and having been able to visit family in 8 months or more. How many lives has that cost? All because we gotta stop the spread of the @*^%ing flu.

How about the millions who die annually because they eat garbage from McDonalds leading obesity, diabetes, and heart disease? Not a peep about this from anyone.

Same folks love themselves some gun bans and 2A restrictions because if it saves just one child’s life from a school shooting? Yet the same crowd is all about abortion rights that’s resulted in how many millions of deaths since Roe V. Wade?

But LE screw ups count for what? A few dozen lives annually?

But there’s definitely no moral equivalencies in play because not all lives are equal so it doesn’t matter.

I touched on the medical community not being in any legitimate position to make any demands on anyone due to their history of screw ups and outright corruption.

With convid, it is becoming somewhat of a closer comparison to LE, but still not exactly. Even then, the "force" in the forced "care" is provided by police.

No one makes any one go to McDonald's and even if a person enters they are free to leave.

That ability to say screw this just isn't there when dealing with police. That also isn't limited to police, but other facets of the criminal justice system as well. I have said on here before, a judge would rule in favor of your and my rights every time if they were limited to our rights. Instead, they have special privileges far exceeding anything that has ever been considered rights and a large part of the mess we are in is because of that.

I have also noticed the affinity for abortion and opposition to self defense among the save 1 life crowd. I don't like that group either.

Firefly
10-26-20, 20:48
If it saves just one Constitutional Right, I’d gladly watch billions die.

There.

jpmuscle
10-26-20, 20:53
If it saves just one Constitutional Right, I’d gladly watch billions die.

There.

Swinging with the big facts

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201027/3b2bf0f3672bcf85e5589525194ea22b.jpg

Todd.K
10-27-20, 08:08
I'm confused. Are we ignoring the report that says they did knock first, disputing the report, or still arguing about no knocks just because?

Also, there is a huge area between "I don't like some WOD tactics" and "just make everything legal".

REDinFL
10-27-20, 08:59
The Sheriff in my county announced quite a while ago, "No 'no knock'. We'll get them when they go out." What most people have been saying for years.

glocktogo
10-27-20, 09:47
I'm confused. Are we ignoring the report that says they did knock first, disputing the report, or still arguing about no knocks just because?

Also, there is a huge area between "I don't like some WOD tactics" and "just make everything legal".

Yes..

jsbhike
10-27-20, 09:48

There isn't a stellar track record with Louisville specifically, so erring on the side of caution gives more weight to the negative than the positive.

A couple of long term examples among many.

https://www.wdrb.com/in-depth/in-a-departure-louisville-sues-former-lmpd-officers-over-lost-or-settled-lawsuits/article_6c25d5f8-de48-11ea-9dea-efe747b53328.html

kwelz
10-27-20, 14:15

I trust LMPD about as far as I can throw one of their cruisers. Most of the good officers on that department jump ship as quickly as they can. Most of those that do end up coming over to one of our local departments on our side of the river and their training is so bad they may as well start from scratch.

So yeah. I question anything these guys claim.

The entire department needs to be scrapped and started over, from the newest hire all the way to the top. Of the dozen or so officers I know on the department only about 2 or 3 of them are worth a damn.

Firefly
10-27-20, 14:42
No knocks are the police larping Zero Dark Thirty.

I won’t lie. I’ve been on more than a few myself (NOT MY IDEA BTW) and I was always That Guy who was like “but is the intel right? Are we sure? Do you know what you’re doing? No seriously, do you know what you are doing?”

I won’t specify the exact number especially on a compromised board but I had my fill and if it doesn’t expressly say “Announce Presence” then I am not going. Not getting sued. Not getting shot in the back. Not doing it.

Like....pieces of shit will always be pieces of shit. There’s always next time with dope.

jsbhike
10-28-20, 15:44
And this just made the news. Sounds like a judge/judges aren't on board either.

https://www.wdrb.com/in-depth/kentucky-issued-a-search-warrant-reform-louisville-police-aren-t-on-board-yet/article_b49fdb7e-1928-11eb-8b04-570288c76ca9.html

jpmuscle
10-28-20, 17:05
No knocks are the police larping Zero Dark Thirty.

I won’t lie. I’ve been on more than a few myself (NOT MY IDEA BTW) and I was always That Guy who was like “but is the intel right? Are we sure? Do you know what you’re doing? No seriously, do you know what you are doing?”

I won’t specify the exact number especially on a compromised board but I had my fill and if it doesn’t expressly say “Announce Presence” then I am not going. Not getting sued. Not getting shot in the back. Not doing it.

Like....pieces of shit will always be pieces of shit. There’s always next time with dope.

If you wear multicam with a badge you’re basically CAG, but better don’t ya know.

Firefly
10-28-20, 18:00
If you wear multicam with a badge you’re basically CAG, but better don’t ya know.

I won’t lie. Sometimes I like to pretend I’m a ghostbuster.

There I said it

jpmuscle
10-28-20, 18:48
I won’t lie. Sometimes I like to pretend I’m a ghostbuster.

There I said it

Meanwhile jeans and a hoodie is like the best most comfiest apparel

But yea unless you’re actually CAG (or .Mil for that matter) or literally the Doomslayer Doom guy multicam in LE is gay.

DOOT

Firefly
10-28-20, 19:05
Meanwhile jeans and a hoodie is like the best most comfiest apparel

But yea unless you’re actually CAG (or .Mil for that matter) or literally the Doomslayer Doom guy multicam in LE is gay.

DOOT

Multicam Black has actually kinda grown on me. Ngl.

But yep. Adidas hoodie and tru spec 247s so worn and faded they look like they came from the Gap.

Save the uniform bullsheeeyit for court.

10-28-20, 20:32
I’m going to make tracksuits with tigers and flowers and shit the new tacticoolness.

jsbhike
10-28-20, 20:38

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/grand_jury

"The grand jury acts as an investigative body, acting independently of either prosecuting attorney or judge. Criminal prosecutors present the case to the grand jury. The prosecutors attempt to establish probable cause to believe that a criminal offense has been committed. The grand jury may request that the court compel further evidence, including witness testimony and subpoenas of documents. The grand jury is generally free to pursue its investigations unhindered by external influence or supervision."

TomMcC
12-16-20, 22:11
Maybe Ann's stating what's already been out there. This is the first time I've heard these things all together. Sounds liked somebody got hosed for 12 mil.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/12/16/ann-coulter-breonna-taylor-the-true-story-of-a-blm-hero/

jsbhike
12-17-20, 12:06
Maybe Ann's stating what's already been out there. This is the first time I've heard these things all together. Sounds liked somebody got hosed for 12 mil.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/12/16/ann-coulter-breonna-taylor-the-true-story-of-a-blm-hero/

Ann is rehashing claims that have already been made. Assuming the story she is rehashing is bogus is to err on the side of caution.

Jefferson County and the city of Louisville, pre and post merger, including LE agencies, are like a light version of Chicago, NYC, and similar.

Prior to the enactment of Kentucky's concealed carry law, Jefferson County/ Louisville was one of the primary areas that would hassle open carriers which was 100% legal. When concealed carry legislation started gaining momentum they of course opposed that. When the state legislature decreed that all confiscated Firearms would be sold at auction to fund body armor purchases Jefferson County/Louisville decided that the state legislature didn't really mean it and began warehousing confiscated Firearms until the legislature passed the law during the next session that they really did mean it.

Not every officer in that jurisdiction is a lemon, but when lemons pop-up they frequently get defended similar to these gems making the news lately.

https://www.wdrb.com/in-depth/in-a-departure-louisville-sues-former-lmpd-officers-over-lost-or-settled-lawsuits/article_6c25d5f8-de48-11ea-9dea-efe747b53328.html

TomMcC
12-17-20, 14:35
Ann is rehashing claims that have already been made. Assuming the story she is rehashing is bogus is to err on the side of caution.

Jefferson County and the city of Louisville, pre and post merger, including LE agencies, are like a light version of Chicago, NYC, and similar.

Prior to the enactment of Kentucky's concealed carry law, Jefferson County/ Louisville was one of the primary areas that would hassle open carriers which was 100% legal. When concealed carry legislation started gaining momentum they of course opposed that. When the state legislature decreed that all confiscated Firearms would be sold at auction to fund body armor purchases Jefferson County/Louisville decided that the state legislature didn't really mean it and began warehousing confiscated Firearms until the legislature passed the law during the next session that they really did mean it.

Not every officer in that jurisdiction is a lemon, but when lemons pop-up they frequently get defended similar to these gems making the news lately.

I don't want be a special pleader for or a false criticizer of the police, and you seem to know much more about the on ground situation in that area, but man is that a lot of lies to deal with from the cops in this case.

jsbhike
12-30-20, 06:39
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/12/29/breonna-taylor-officers-fire/

"Among other alleged violations, Gentry wrote that Jaynes “lied” in writing on the warrant application that he verified through a U.S. postal inspector that Taylor was receiving packages related to her ex-boyfriend’s alleged drug activity."

SpecWired
12-31-20, 19:23
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/12/29/breonna-taylor-officers-fire/

"Among other alleged violations, Gentry wrote that Jaynes “lied” in writing on the warrant application that he verified through a U.S. postal inspector that Taylor was receiving packages related to her ex-boyfriend’s alleged drug activity."

Well that’s certainly an interesting twist. So...begs to be asked, why was the PD so eager to get in that house?

bp7178
12-31-20, 23:02
https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/grand_jury

"The grand jury acts as an investigative body, acting independently of either prosecuting attorney or judge. Criminal prosecutors present the case to the grand jury. The prosecutors attempt to establish probable cause to believe that a criminal offense has been committed. The grand jury may request that the court compel further evidence, including witness testimony and subpoenas of documents. The grand jury is generally free to pursue its investigations unhindered by external influence or supervision."

Have you ever been in front of a Grand Jury? Ever?

That site you linked also most commonly deals with or cites federal law, which is not relevant in this instance.

jsbhike
12-31-20, 23:20
Have you ever been in front of a Grand Jury? Ever?

That site you linked also most commonly deals with or cites federal law, which is not relevant in this instance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_juries_in_the_United_States

Plug this phrase in to the search the page tool and see which state it goes to.

"The rules are very similar to the federal process;"

bp7178
12-31-20, 23:38
Stop with the Google nonsense. Answer the first question.

jsbhike
01-01-21, 05:15
Stop with the Google nonsense. Answer the first question.

I haven't been a witness to anything being investigated by a grand jury. Have you?

What part of the Cornell description did you find fault with exactly?