PDA

View Full Version : Midwest Industries barrel

Walker_Texasranger
08-27-20, 13:19
Hey guys. I have the opportunity to buy an upper with this barrel. Thoughts on it? I know it’s a lower end barrel I guess but might work decent? I’m usually using BCM BFH barrels.

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/product-p/mi-16lwmel223.htm

everready73
08-27-20, 14:27
I would do it if the price is right. Midwest makes good stuff. I have their sites, mounts, and combat handguards and like them all.

They use Criterion for their chrome barrels which are great. This one is nitride, but i would still trust they are sourcing something of decent quality. Probably BA oem or similar if i had to guess

Like i said it would come down to price.. You could always replace the barrel down the road if needed. Stuff is hard to come by right now, so might want to take that into consideration

Walker_Texasranger
08-27-20, 17:44
Good call. I ordered it. It’s priced well and I have an extra BCG to put in it. Curious to try it out and see how it shoots!

everready73
08-28-20, 14:03
Post an update if you can. I have been considering one of their uppers for a while

Walker_Texasranger
08-28-20, 14:20
Post an update if you can. I have been considering one of their uppers for a while

I will. Don’t know when I’ll be able to shoot for accuracy but I’ll be able to put a lot of rounds through it as soon as I get it and get a feel for how it handles and how it’s gassed and all that.

Hexxus
08-31-20, 16:24
Midwest Industries is one of the good ones that you can't hardly find reviews for and no one mentions, for some reason. Their stuff is good to go, and they have great customer service.