PDA

View Full Version : This is the lost or misplaced shit thread:

Pappabear
08-29-20, 14:19
How many times have you said, I know I have a set of BUIS or suppressor cover or......and cant find it or takes you months to find it.

We came back from the range one day and we had shot a rarley shot 300WM. I ask Mark to stash it in his safe because I was having a real estate issue. Many months passes and I ask Mark to bring it and he says I dont have it. I tear my house aprt looking for that gun. Time passes and Mark finds it behind his seat in his Taco. Shit happens more often than I care to admit.

Thread came to mind when Rocketman said he had H3 buffer he was looking for but couldn't find it. Shout out to the Rocket.

PB

PracticalRifleman
08-29-20, 15:03
A friend of mine needed a set of .243 dies. I knew I had a set. I tore my place apart. I found 100 bullets for him, five dozen cases, but for the life of me I can’t find the dies. I think I loaned them to another friend...hell, it may heave been him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Circle_10
08-29-20, 15:06
How many times have you said, I know I have a set of BUIS or suppressor cover or......and cant find it or takes you months to find it.

Have I ever had that sort of thing happen?
This is my basement, what do you think?

https://i.imgur.com/oXPb5bM.jpg

Vegas
08-29-20, 15:21

Clean up on aisle 1? ;)

I've been looking for a Multicam mechanix glove for a while. Not as impressive as a lost 300WM!

donlapalma
08-29-20, 15:27

https://i.imgur.com/oXPb5bM.jpgThat gives me anxiety.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Circle_10
08-29-20, 15:32
Clean up on aisle 1? ;)

I've been looking for a Multicam mechanix glove for a while. Not as impressive as a lost 300WM!

I was actually down there burning trash in the woodstove when I saw this thread. I’m getting there.

I’ve never bought a pair of multicam mechanix gloves, but for all I know there might be one in that mess somewhere. I’ll let you know if one turns up.

john armond
08-29-20, 15:32
I looked in the back of safe one day and found a Luger, three stripped lowers, and a beretta 1201 I forgot I had. I actually went it to the safe to dig out my Benelli M1 because I wanted a companion gun for it at my other house. Was even looking on gunbroker for one. That’s when I found the 1201...the companion gun I bought a couple years earlier.

_Stormin_
08-29-20, 15:48
I did find a few stripped lowers in the safe that I was unaware I even had. It was kind of odd, as I use the boxes to store smart parts (they're quality boxes of a uniform size and stack well) simply writing on the "front" of the box what is inside (LPKS, Buffers, Sight Sets, etc...), but three were oddly unlabeled in the middle of the stack. I wasn't building anything, just wanted to label the boxes for the future, and they were all lowers that I had bought and tucked away like a squirrel in winter.

Not the same as a complete rifle, but definitely a pleasant surprise on a weekend morning organizing.

flenna
08-29-20, 16:16
I misplaced a pistol when I was living in south Texas years ago. I opened my safe to get it as it was my road trip gun and it wasn't there. I panicked and looked everywhere and couldn't find it until I thought about my last road trip a few months ago. I went to my Sienna van and checked the storage compartment under the passenger seat and there it was. Now, at the time I worked in Mexico and crossed the border daily. I had been searched by Federales, Mexican border guards and the Mexican Army several times and somehow, by the grace of God, they didn't find that pistol. If they had I would probably still be in jail there.

Coal Dragger
08-29-20, 16:21
Somewhere are the spare stock length of pull spacers for my Kimber (of Oregon) Model 82g. No idea where they are, lost them in a move.

I should probably hire someone to make some for me out of aluminum.

3 AE
08-29-20, 16:24

Circle_10, You sir are the owner of the one and only true "Man Cave" in existence. All others with their big screen TV, wet bar, keg cooler, sports memorabilia, powered recliners, etc., etc., etc. pale in comparison. They are just Butchy Fem Caves. Yours is truly Valhalla, may your spirit always inhabit that manly domain.

AndyLate
08-29-20, 16:38
I turned my home office/reloading room upside down fruitlessly looking for my reaction rod a couple weeks ago. This morning I walked in and picked it up off the shelf where it has been for months. Fast forward an hour and I dropped a rail screw into my 7/8 full trash can :(

Andy

gaijin
08-29-20, 16:39
“Lost”/MIA an old 700 Rem .22/250 Varmint.
Looked through EVERYTHING.
Bought another, scope/mount/rings/case.

Looking through “empty” cases under bed in guest room for AR10 mags, found it in one of the empty cases

MAUSER202
08-29-20, 17:10
When we last moved maybe 10 years ago, I moved all my ammo cans the day before as I had a bunch of Church friends coming over to help move and didn’t want them to freak at all the ammo. One of the guys helping had trouble lifting something from the basement and called up for help. It turned out to be a large ammo can, I think it was 40mm, full of 5.56 with a big piece of tape saying 3040 rounds.
I didn’t remember Squirreling that one away and said so. One of the kids jokingly asked, if you forgot this much Ammo, how much did you move before we got here. I never did tell them.

AndyLate
08-29-20, 17:29
When we last moved maybe 10 years ago, I moved all my ammo cans the day before as I had a bunch of Church friends coming over to help move and didn’t want them to freak at all the ammo. One of the guys helping had trouble lifting something from the basement and called up for help. It turned out to be a large ammo can, I think it was 40mm, full of 5.56 with a big piece of tape saying 3040 rounds.
I didn’t remember Squirreling that one away and said so. One of the kids jokingly asked, if you forgot this much Ammo, how much did you move before we got here. I never did tell them.

My Dad was helping a neighbor (Don) move years ago in South Dakota. They were moving the bed when the heard a clunk and a Colt SAA dropped from between the headboard and the wall. Don said "That's where it went" and then took it out back and shot it while my Dad continued to pack up. Dad was a little unhappy Don both abandoned him and did not invite him to shoot it.

Don was a WWII fighter pilot and a wonderful guy. His wife was a "c-word", unfortunately.

Andy

Artos
08-29-20, 17:38
Now, at the time I worked in Mexico and crossed the border daily. I had been searched by Federales, Mexican border guards and the Mexican Army several times and somehow, by the grace of God, they didn't find that pistol. If they had I would probably still be in jail there.

I did this once two & it scared me so bad I became paranoid after going to the ranch / range & would tear my truck apart with a light worried a 22 shell might be in theere...I miss my mind sometimes & am always trying to remember where crap is & will order little stuff knowing it will show up later.

We remodeled a few years ago so I was always eye balling my mass of odds & ends...well, a couple months ago I noticed several boxes / original packaging was missing & couldn't find them, convinced myself they accidentally got tossed or taken. Anyway, I had two of the big ammo cans in the back of a closet & flat our forgot I packed them in there.

I do feel a lot better about my organization skills after seeing circle 10's set up though.

TomMcC
08-29-20, 18:05

Anything good in that dark back corner?

Averageman
08-29-20, 18:11
I've had a dozen or so concussions over the years, so I'm pretty sure I'm half punch drunk once in a while. The only way I can make life work is to be hyper vigilant about how I store things, Wallet and keys go in a basket on my dresser immediately upon returning home every time or I will lose what's left of my mind.
Some people call it OCD, really it just saves me from an anxiety driven panic attack looking for my wallet. My house is organized like a museum because it is the only damn way I can find anything,
Honestly, if I couldn't find a gun or a tool, I would likely lose my sh*t and everything would end up in the backyard as I tore the place apart looking for it.

ABNAK
08-29-20, 18:19
As a result of forgetting what I had on hand, I now have several H and H2 buffers, as well as numerous carbine length springs.

In the last year I have "cannibalized" a couple AR's for new builds, basically moving parts around. Went to "reactivate" one and knew damn well I had a BUIS somewhere. Looked and found I not only had a BUIS but a set (front and rear). Only needed the rear so now I have a loner front sight!

Found a stripped lower a couple weeks ago I forgot I had, nice surprise in these times.

Ammo is another thing I rediscover from time to time. "Oh hell, I had that, who knew?"

I will say this however: I do keep my stuff somewhat organized, unlike Circle_10. :jester:

jpmuscle
08-29-20, 18:28

Dude........

ABNAK
08-29-20, 18:29
I've had a dozen or so concussions over the years, so I'm pretty sure I'm half punch drunk once in a while. The only way I can make life work is to be hyper vigilant about how I store things, Wallet and keys go in a basket on my dresser immediately upon returning home every time or I will lose what's left of my mind.
Some people call it OCD, really it just saves me from an anxiety driven panic attack looking for my wallet. My house is organized like a museum because it is the only damn way I can find anything,
Honestly, if I couldn't find a gun or a tool, I would likely lose my sh*t and everything would end up in the backyard as I tore the place apart looking for it.

It is, denial only delays recovery!

I keep ammo cans labeled with those little sticky label things as to what's in that particular can. For other stuff I have only spare AR parts in two plastic bins, knives in another, stocks in one, Glock mags in one, and grips/VFG's in yet another. I keep my mags stacked by weapon (AR, AK, M-14, etc.) on different shelves in my Wal Mart-special fake wood cupboard. All that and I STILL have trouble from time to time finding shit!

SteyrAUG
08-29-20, 18:37

I probably have three footlockers of oddball items, misc. parts and accessories. I couldn't begin to tell you what is in them without really looking. I know one is dedicated HK parts (different trigger packs, furniture, etc.) and another is mostly AR stuff.

Circle_10
08-29-20, 19:20
Anything good in that dark back corner?

Not particularly, just a race of blind albino humanoids who worship me as some sort of deity. Pretty standard stuff.

Straight Shooter
08-29-20, 19:23
Ive got an Aero Precision rear flip up sight Ive looked for months for.
Also- got parts for guns looong gone- and parts for stuff I have now I dont remember getting or where from.
All in all not bad problems to have.

TomMcC
08-29-20, 19:24
Not particularly, just a race of blind albino humanoids who worship me as some sort of deity. Pretty standard stuff.

It's always good to have some minion.

Straight Shooter
08-29-20, 19:26

At first I was like.."Damn man..wth...but, then, I was like "AH YEEEAH".
Nice man hole bro.

ABNAK
08-29-20, 19:27

"Don't Be Afraid of the Dark" comes to mind.....:rolleyes:

Pappabear
08-29-20, 19:35
Here is a couple of my bins that I kept rings and extras in. As a result, I bought 3 sets of $100 plus rings I didnt realize I had.

http://i.imgur.com/aUUAEIc.jpg (https://imgur.com/aUUAEIc)
http://i.imgur.com/U61gOLw.jpg (https://imgur.com/U61gOLw)

Ther are only two sets left and don't remember where the 3rd set went, I swear to Goodness.

Circle10, you rock

Flenna, I was traveling for work in Phx Intl airport. My bag goes through screening and they call the cops immediately. I had previously used that particular bag as a range bag. I just knew he was going to pull a J frame out of that bag. Fortunately, it was a 1911 mag loaded with hollow points. The cop said, "I'll hang onto for you and you can pick it up when you coming back through and gave me his number". God Bless America and especially Arizona. Thank God I was not in Seattle or NY city.

PB

PracticalRifleman
08-29-20, 20:24
I realized in the last two months I’ve found two BCM BCGs NIB and two BCM Gunfighter CHs. I also found one pair of NF Ultra Lite rings and one pair of Badger Steel rings. And a Bobro Mount. Oops. I also forgot about an AR I had stashed and found it when the water heater went out. It’s been there since we moved in. Oops again.

Circle_10
08-29-20, 20:28
I should point out that while my basement is always a mess I don’t normally have multiple guns literally strewn willy-nilly all about the room, I was down there messing with them while engaging in the aforementioned trash burning.

Aetius
08-29-20, 21:02
My uncle was moving and didn’t want to move a safe he had in his basement (large Liberty 900+ lbs). He was going to just leave it for the buyer, but he said if I could move it I could have it. When I got it home I discovered that he left a Beretta in the back corner and a G in cash taped to the bottom of the shelf. Gave him a pretty hard time about having too much money and guns when I gave the stuff back

AKDoug
08-29-20, 22:21
I once hid a half dozen rifles behind some fiberglass wall insulation when I had to take an unexpected trip. It was the best I could do at the moment with an unfinished house and no safe. I came home and the wife and I hung the sheetrock on that wall and finished it. A month later, in the middle of the night I realized my mistake. My wife still thinks I'm a dumb ass for that.

I left a Glock 19 under a mattress in our spare bedroom for probably three years..

JoshNC
08-30-20, 00:18
I misplaced a colt m4 socom barrel and found it about 3 yrs later when I opened a random parts bin.

ghideon
08-30-20, 00:40
Ive got an Aero Precision rear flip up sight Ive looked for months for.

That also happened to me with a Troy flip up rear. It was supposed to go onto an AR9 build, but the full size Eotecch didn't leave enough room on the rail, so it went into a box of spare parts.

Fast forward a few years later, and I'm cleaning the garage while the bird dog was a pup. Somehow, he got a hold of it and took it into the backyard. I found it in the grass a few months after that, since I needed it for an AR22 build. It had a small spot of rust in the hex screw head.

OH58D
08-30-20, 00:47
I should point out that while my basement is always a mess I don’t normally have multiple guns literally strewn willy-nilly all about the room, I was down there messing with them while engaging in the aforementioned trash burning.
I couldn't help not notice the abundance of firepower in your basement. Aren't basements generally damper locations in your part of the United States?

Out here in the hinterlands of the American Outback over a mile up in altitude, we don't have basements. And it's dry anyway so we don't have to worry about corrosion or cancerous rust. Case in point is a fellow rancher to the east of me who has a complete Ford Model A frame and body sitting in his pasture behind the horse barn. Only a fine layer of surface rust and the metal is still good.

I added my 3rd Liberty Safe a couple of months ago so my nearly 70 guns are safe and sound. I have to use a software program to keep track of all the guns, serial numbers....and now which safe they are housed in. I have an ammo pantry, which is a walk-in room 8 feet deep, 5 feet wide with floor to ceiling wire shelving on each side. All the ammo are in military ammo cans or spam cans, with neat little labels attached to the shelving identifying caliber. I'm starting to run out of room with my @ 48,000 rounds. Just added this week 120 rounds of Hornady 30-30, courtesy of Midway USA.

Vegas
08-30-20, 01:26
I’ve never bought a pair of multicam mechanix gloves, but for all I know there might be one in that mess somewhere. I’ll let you know if one turns up.

Outstanding. It could well be there.

Some quality responses in this thread that have made me chuckle.

Rogue556
08-30-20, 01:30
I'm glad I'm not the only one missing iron sights. It's apparently a pandemic. I've got a front MBUS Pro sight I've been attempting to find for a year now. It's driving me nuts.

Of course, the moment I give up hope and forget about it I'll find it out in the open in a spot I've checked 1,000 times. Never fails.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

SteyrAUG
08-30-20, 02:00
I misplaced a colt m4 socom barrel and found it about 3 yrs later when I opened a random parts bin.

FOUR complete HK G3 parts kits that I had boxed with FMP receivers for future builds and completely forgot about them. Just another heavy box in the back room when I was thinning out to prepare for the move. I was about $500 into each one (Exc to New kits from EO $299 and NEW receivers from someplace $199), put them on GB after the Sandy Hook shooting and they went for something insane like $1,800 EACH.

Scary part is I still have a twinge of sellers remorse, those were factory HK barrels and I could have had four more G3 rifles. Right now I think I only have 8 HK 91/G3 rifles, could have been 12 and I'd have finally had a candidate for my South African FAL style HK furniture.

Circle_10
08-30-20, 05:48
I couldn't help not notice the abundance of firepower in your basement. Aren't basements generally damper locations in your part of the United States?

Out here in the hinterlands of the American Outback over a mile up in altitude, we don't have basements. And it's dry anyway so we don't have to worry about corrosion or cancerous rust. Case in point is a fellow rancher to the east of me who has a complete Ford Model A frame and body sitting in his pasture behind the horse barn. Only a fine layer of surface rust and the metal is still good.

I added my 3rd Liberty Safe a couple of months ago so my nearly 70 guns are safe and sound. I have to use a software program to keep track of all the guns, serial numbers....and now which safe they are housed in. I have an ammo pantry, which is a walk-in room 8 feet deep, 5 feet wide with floor to ceiling wire shelving on each side. All the ammo are in military ammo cans or spam cans, with neat little labels attached to the shelving identifying caliber. I'm starting to run out of room with my @ 48,000 rounds. Just added this week 120 rounds of Hornady 30-30, courtesy of Midway USA.

In the summer I have to run a dehumidifier down there and periodically apply some ballistol to whatever is down there. I have forced hot air heat though so in the colder months whenever the furnace kicks on heat is directed into the basement as well, keeping it fairly dry.

There’s one AR which is kind of the designated “basement rifle” in the event the SHTF while I’m down there, and whatever other ARs I have in the basement are usually guns that are temporarily out of rotation for some reason (usually something minor like I swapped the sights out and they need to be re-zeroed or something). Most of the other guns down there are B- and C-list stuff, as well as a couple milsurps. With the “good” stuff in the upstairs safe.

My basement is actually usually cleaner when I spend more time in it. In the winter I tend to hang out down there a lot more. My intention at some point soon is to put some vents in the upstairs floor above the stove so I can actually have regular wood fires and get the heat upstairs more effectively. I don’t intend to use wood as my primary but I’d like to use it to supplement my furnace during the hours when I’m home.

08-30-20, 11:57
I thought I was missing a Glock once, and tore my house apart for two days. My house has very poor lighting, so on the second day I went through every closet, cupboard, etc with a Modlight PLH. Damn thing was on the floor of my safe the whole time.

I am missing a set of iron sights, and have been for a few years.

Yesterday found an empty Glock mag that I didn’t know was missing. Actually, a buddy found it for me on his range. I probably threw it toward my truck after a mag change at night and never picked it up.

The_War_Wagon
08-30-20, 12:10
I lost my virginity 28 years ago. I sure would like to have THAT back... :sad:

ColtSeavers
08-30-20, 12:25
Left the bedside handgun in the main safe instead of returning to bedside safe after second to last range trip. Purposely tossed it in the main safe while cleaning other guns so it wouldn't be lost and floating around...

Was there for 2 weeks before I noticed it. Had someone broken in in the middle of the night, I would've only immediately had a spare 18rd magazine, a spare flashlight and foul language to defend the house with...

Grand58742
08-30-20, 13:17
In the summer I have to run a dehumidifier down there and periodically apply some ballistol to whatever is down there. I have forced hot air heat though so in the colder months whenever the furnace kicks on heat is directed into the basement as well, keeping it fairly dry.

This picture comes to mind looking at your basement.

https://d3axvdqkyu09xk.cloudfront.net/attachments/cleaning-the-garage-jpg.80877/

ABNAK
08-30-20, 14:44
I thought I was missing a Glock once, and tore my house apart for two days. My house has very poor lighting, so on the second day I went through every closet, cupboard, etc with a Modlight PLH. Damn thing was on the floor of my safe the whole time.

I am missing a set of iron sights, and have been for a few years.

Yesterday found an empty Glock mag that I didn’t know was missing. Actually, a buddy found it for me on his range. I probably threw it toward my truck after a mag change at night and never picked it up.

That seems to be a recurring theme in this thread! What is it about those damn things?

Circle_10
08-30-20, 18:21
This picture comes to mind looking at your basement.

https://d3axvdqkyu09xk.cloudfront.net/attachments/cleaning-the-garage-jpg.80877/

Heh, pretty much

docsherm
08-30-20, 19:13
Not really something lost...... I found a M68 Aimpoint when I was cleaning my gear bags. I haven't used one of those things since 2003..... so I must have "LOST" it 17 years ago...... :jester:

jsbhike
08-30-20, 19:18
Our theme song.

https://youtu.be/gnZ1STg8UIA

If I have 3 of something I can usually find 1 of them on demand. Below that it gets iffy.

ABNAK
08-30-20, 19:29
Not really something lost...... I found a M68 Aimpoint when I was cleaning my gear bags. I haven't used one of those things since 2003..... so I must have "LOST" it 17 years ago...... :jester:

I assume with a new battery it should work fine (?).

docsherm
08-30-20, 20:15
I assume with a new battery it should work fine (?).

It did.

JediGuy
08-30-20, 20:41
I once hid a half dozen rifles behind some fiberglass wall insulation when I had to take an unexpected trip. It was the best I could do at the moment with an unfinished house and no safe. I came home and the wife and I hung the sheetrock on that wall and finished it. A month later, in the middle of the night I realized my mistake. My wife still thinks I'm a dumb ass for that.

This made me “lol.” Classic.

And Circle_10, you made half of us envious and the other half feel better about our level of disorganization.

CoryCop25
08-30-20, 20:43
Cleaned out a section of my basement on Wednesday to build a reloading bench. Found a whole bunch of neat stuff I forgot about. Ammo, 1911 parts, M4 stocks, etc. I opened an ammo box that was full of A2 grips. Anyone need an A2 grip, or 50?

Pi3
08-30-20, 21:28
Pack rat with poor memory. I usually give up looking for item 1 and find it later when looking for item 2.

Greg Kulbick
08-30-20, 21:48
Lost a silencer, found out during an ATF audit. Pulled stacks of cans out of the safes at a time, didn't notice box was empty. Had to go through the whole lost item thing, fill out a form, call the NFA branch, remove it from the book. Word from the area supervisor was: unless it turns up used it a crime, not a major concern. Agent leaves, start putting things away, grabbed a box the seemed too heavy by itself. Had two cans in it. I dont think the agent had made it to the turn at the end of my road before I called to let him know I had it.

26 Inf
08-30-20, 23:46
I had been to the range shooting suppressed and had swapped the suppressor between a 300 BO and my SBR. I vaguely remembered setting the suppressor on the roof of the truck as I put the 300 BO away. This vague memory is key to the adventure. After I got home from the range I unloaded everything from the truck, put a couple things away, got interrupted for supper and then went to cleaning my SBR - it always goes in the bedroom safe clean because it's my HD rifle, get that baby cleaned up and cant find the suppressor. I vaguely remembered setting the suppressor on the roof of the truck and since I had driven the truck about ten miles back from the range, I didn't bother looking to see if it was still there, I grabbed a floodlight and headed to the range to find it. I figured it fell off pretty close to the bay I was shooting on and quickly searched that area before I lost all light. Nothing. Now it's getting dark and I'm walking up the road to the range gate searching the brush on either side of the road. Nothing. I'm just about as frantic now as I was one time at Fort Benning, and I decide to recreate driving off with the suppressor on the roof to see where it might have fallen off. Of course I don't have the suppressor, so I use a 20 ounce bottle of diet Pepsi. That idea didn't pan out either. Totally dejected I head home pondering what I'm going to do in the morning - 1) call the gun club secretary and ask him to email the membership to see if anyone found it (yeah, right); 2) notify the SO and ATF. When I get home I'm pretty disgusted and decide I need a, rare for me, drink. I keep the Crown in the freezer which sets adjacent to my big gun safe. As I open the door I notice the suppressor sitting on top of the freezer. How it got there I do not know. It was one of those moments where you don't know whether to be happy or totally pissed.

I mentioned Fort Benning. Our Platoon got tasked to an AT in support of a reserve aviation company we worked. We had a couple days before we went to the field and we were able to get onto the Weems Pond compass course. I was running it solo (yes, the PSG was ****ing off) and had to make a head call. Leaned my rifle against a tree and did my business, took off on my azimuth and about five minutes later realized I didn't have my rifle. All them trees look the same. Found it, but pretty puckered until I did. This is our secret, don't tell anyone.

manbearpig
08-31-20, 00:14
Still looking for an Eotech that I misplaced. Guess I don't have to worry about it running out of batteries though.

titsonritz
08-31-20, 02:47
I misplaced a Glock 19 for about a year, now I can't find the the trigger I was going to put in it. I bet it is in the same box as my missing shot timer.

Budget
08-31-20, 07:19
Placed a couple pmags on the windshield of my car after realizing I didn't have my keys. Ran back inside and fired the car up and proceeded to drive 20 miles before realizing my mistake. Nothing lost fortunately.

TBAR_94
08-31-20, 08:29
Flenna, I was traveling for work in Phx Intl airport. My bag goes through screening and they call the cops immediately. I had previously used that particular bag as a range bag. I just knew he was going to pull a J frame out of that bag. Fortunately, it was a 1911 mag loaded with hollow points. The cop said, "I'll hang onto for you and you can pick it up when you coming back through and gave me his number". God Bless America and especially Arizona. Thank God I was not in Seattle or NY city.

PB

I found a magazine in my coat pocket standing in a TSA line a few years ago. Since then I’ve gotten pretty paranoid, especially because I travel international for work quite a bit. The result is I have probably twice as many bags as I need because I have ones that guns and knives never touch, and other bags that I travel with if I’m carrying.

tommyrott
08-31-20, 09:19
Larue Acog mount going on about 8 months still have a couple of totes to go through which will have to wait for my move in 2 months

Pi3
08-31-20, 09:31
I left an ammo can with ammo at the range. Didn't realize it until I go home, Drove all the way back and it was gone. Fortunately another member had taken it home and I eventually got it back.
Note to you young guys: This doesn't improve with age.

landrvrnut22
08-31-20, 09:42
I haven't lost anything firearm related, at least that I am aware of right now. However, I was trying to find where the hell I put the oil drain plug crush washers for my wife's Subaru. I buy them 10 at a time, and put them in a plastic baggie. Last time I changed her oil, I found the receipt for the washers, but not the washers. Tore my toolbox, garage, and her car apart looking for them. Went to the dealer, and bought 10 more. When I got home, I found the other 10 in the top drawer of my tool box right where I must have looked 10 times. Now I have a lifetime's supply of washers that I will never be able to find, till I buy 10 more.

opngrnd
08-31-20, 21:00
A brand new, still in wrapper BCM bolt. I was going through my parts box with a buddy when we were moving things and we found two of them, but I could have sworn I had three. I gave up and decided to pack trash in a cardboard box while telling him I'm an idiot who probably tossed it in the trash by accident since it's small. I glanced down to shove trash into the cardboard box and there it was, sitting by itself in a box that I had planned on tossing out...

Averageman
09-04-20, 11:10
I mentioned my keys and wallet earlier, well guess what I lost?
I'm watering some plants out in the yard, come in do about 100 other tasks and as I am ready to go to the gym, no keys.
I cussed this specific thread for 20 minutes retraced my steps for an hour and went out to make sure I had turned off the water, there are my keys on the ground.

AndyLate
09-04-20, 11:27
We lost our 4 year old son driving in the middle of the night. One of us looked back and we only had one child in the back seat. He only let us freak out for a minute or two before he pushed the back seat forward and crawled out of the trunk laughing. He is 30 now and still thinks it's hilarious.

Andy

flenna
09-04-20, 12:38
We lost our 4 year old son driving in the middle of the night. One of us looked back and we only had one child in the back seat. He only let us freak out for a minute or two before he pushed the back seat forward and crawled out of the trunk laughing. He is 30 now and still thinks it's hilarious.

Andy

My parents would have whooped me all the way home.

Pappabear
09-04-20, 13:57

We gotta see some pics of the ammo hoarding or massive guns vaults. I'll try to get my ammo depot up shortly.

Last night I just looked in my safe for a VP9, nope. Here we go again. I know I took it to a friend's to take great pics to sell it. So Did I leave it there? I check my load of pictures he did for me, no pics of the VP9. Found it in my range bag that I took all my handguns in, stuffed in an area I only keep targets but had run out of space. Never ends really.

PB

JediGuy
09-05-20, 14:47
I just got a new A5 receiver extension and A5H2 buffer. A little annoyed, was sure I had one more set. Happy I noticed the buffer was available. Package with buffer arrived today.

Two hours ago I found my “build box” with both a VLTOR extension and buffer, plus a Colt rifle spring and the FCD lower parts I was about to order last night.

Averageman
09-05-20, 15:09
My parents would have whooped me all the way home.

Mine would have preferred I stayed hidden.