PDA

View Full Version : MAST XCQB!

Sig247365
11-29-08, 12:47
MAST's XCQB course looks at combat at extreme close quarter situations. The
curriculum will include using the carbine, pistol, and your body from 0-3
meters. The training will include live fire and simulated close range force
on force scenarios.
This includes shooting, retention, and striking methods.
1. Extreme close range shooting techniques.
2. How to fight dynamically, even while being restrained by multiple
opponents
3. Weapon strikes (carbine, pistol)
4. Using your body as a striking weapon
5. Weapon retention
6. XCQB medical considerations
7. equipment and weapon selection
8. Introduction to Combat Kinetics
9. The lost art of the bayonet.
The XCQB program was developed by John Lindsey based not only on his
training in the martial and firearms arts, but also on real world
experience. No other course offers this level of in depth dynamic training
with proven techniques that can easily be assimilated.
It is highly recommended that your rifle has a fore grip since it is highly
recommended for XCQB.
John will be leaving to return to Iraq after a seeming very short few weeks
here stateside. We are excited and please to present this opportunity.
* Primary Ammo: 500 rounds
* Secondary Ammo: 250-300 rounds
* Date: 16th Sunday November 2008
* Time: 800am- 6:00pm
* Where: ASC Private Training Berm

Sig247365
11-29-08, 12:56
Anyone who has not had the pleasure of taking a course with Matt from MAST training solutions is truly missing out on an outstanding opportunity. This course deals with almost the polar opposite of most training programs. XCQB deals with combat at the closest possible level that you would never want to be in. We dealt with scenarios that put us in situations where there were "armed" assailants at such a close proximity that in many situations we weren't even able to utilize our carbine sights. In other instances the ability to engage tango's while being held from the rear by another attacker was addressed. We were forced to think on the fly and figure out how to best stay alive in situations that are generally not addressed in most mid to long range based training. Big thanks to Johh who taught the course to us for most of the day till having to catch a flight out of country! Good luck and God speed man! Seriously though, intense and insightful course. Check out MAST if you want some serious, real-world training that could save your life.

noslorob
12-01-08, 16:34
Any background on the instructor/s? Thanks,
Scott

Sig247365
12-01-08, 18:40
I'll try and get some detailed information from the guys. but if you go to the MAST training solutions website they have some brief write ups of backgrounds. I'll try and get Matt to post some stuff on John other than what's on the website.

MAST Solutions
12-12-08, 08:29
Anyone who has not had the pleasure of taking a course with Matt from MAST training solutions is truly missing out on an outstanding opportunity. This course deals with almost the polar opposite of most training programs. XCQB deals with combat at the closest possible level that you would never want to be in. We dealt with scenarios that put us in situations where there were "armed" assailants at such a close proximity that in many situations we weren't even able to utilize our carbine sights. In other instances the ability to engage tango's while being held from the rear by another attacker was addressed. We were forced to think on the fly and figure out how to best stay alive in situations that are generally not addressed in most mid to long range based training. Big thanks to Johh who taught the course to us for most of the day till having to catch a flight out of country! Good luck and God speed man! Seriously though, intense and insightful course. Check out MAST if you want some serious, real-world training that could save your life.

Great to have you bro- Be safe out there! :)

MB
MAST Solutions
www.mastsolutions.com

MAST Solutions
12-12-08, 08:32
Scott

noslorob,

Please let us know what background you are looking for in our instructors...I hope that we can accommodate you. :cool:

Thank you in advance.

Best,

MB
MAST Solutions
www.mastsolutions.com

Iraq Ninja
12-12-08, 09:00
Scott

That would be me. I taught this course during my last leave.