PDA

View Full Version : Election related, not sure if it’s been mentioned here

VARIABLE9
08-31-20, 22:42
Powers that be please move lock delete if this is redundant.

“I feel like I’m taking crazy pills” (from Zoolander) is all I could think of when I saw a post on social media pointing out if you go to

antifa dot com

you are redirected to Joe Biden’s official website.
WTF
Clown World

223to45
08-31-20, 22:46
What is so odd about that??

Biden campaign probably bought the web domain, so when people search it takes to there website.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ColtSeavers
08-31-20, 22:48
Powers that be please move lock delete if this is redundant.

“I feel like I’m taking crazy pills” (from Zoolander) is all I could think of when I saw a post on social media pointing out if you go to

antifa dot com

you are redirected to Joe Biden’s official website.
WTF
Clown World

Thanks for the heads up, but I'd rather have tranny pr0n in my internet search history than Antifa's website, so I'll take your word for it.

VARIABLE9
08-31-20, 22:59
I know it’s a web domain he bought, I just find it crazy and wanted to know if anyone was aware of it.

And, I am not advocating anyone click it. That’s why I didn’t link it, but spelled it out dot com. Don’t give him the clicks.

just a scout
09-01-20, 06:35
It’s either legit or it’s galactic level trolling like Trump buying all the ad space on CNN during Biden’s acceptance speech

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

VARIABLE9
09-01-20, 08:10
It’s either legit or it’s galactic level trolling like Trump buying all the ad space on CNN during Biden’s acceptance speech

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
If it’s legit he’s clearly aligning himself with antifa supporters, if it’s trolling I would get buying ad space but buying a controversial domain name? What if trump bought something like bluelivesmatter dot com? The left would be all over that.

Averageman
09-01-20, 09:12
I heard about this on KLBJ yesterday out of Austin.
Biden might have ties to the idiots, but they're busy cleaning that mess up right now.
This isn't "new" news. Harris was fairly up front about raising money to bail these people out two months ago.
I'm not real sure who they think they are fooling now, but this has been fairly well known for the better part of this year.

titsonritz
09-01-20, 18:07
Someone told me about this yesterday and yep sure enough.

Mozart
09-01-20, 18:19
Just tried it. Confirmed.

The_War_Wagon
09-01-20, 18:22
Trump.

Trolling level: EXPERT. :jester:

titsonritz
09-01-20, 18:33
Trump.

That is what I was thinking.

vicious_cb
09-01-20, 20:58
Trump.

Yep, anyone can buy any domain and redirect it to whatever they want.

mack7.62
09-01-20, 21:11
Trump.

Sorry, that should be:

Trolling level: GRAND MASTER :jester:

VARIABLE9
09-02-20, 06:39
Yep, anyone can buy any domain and redirect it to whatever they want.

What’s the legality of that? I’ve been thinking this since someone earlier posted about maybe trolling. Let’s say Biden wanted to troll Trump by purchasing ‘boogaloobois’ dot com or something like that, then creating the redirect linking it to Trumps campaign, wouldn’t this somehow be illegal and also probably somewhat easily uncovered?

AKDoug
09-02-20, 16:37
What’s the legality of that? I’ve been thinking this since someone earlier posted about maybe trolling. Let’s say Biden wanted to troll Trump by purchasing ‘boogaloobois’ dot com or something like that, then creating the redirect linking it to Trumps campaign, wouldn’t this somehow be illegal and also probably somewhat easily uncovered?

Boogaloobois is available in .com, .net and .org.. just sayin' :)

VARIABLE9
09-04-20, 11:52
Boogaloobois is available in .com, .net and .org.. just sayin' :)

Lol, I’m actually surprised it’s not been taken.