PDA

View Full Version : CNN: Right Wing Militia Arrested for Arms Cache

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-04-20, 23:50
Two members of the 417 Second Amendment Militia group from Missouri traveling to Kenosha, Wisconsin, were arrested Thursday by federal officials and charged with illegally possessing a cache of weapons.

FBI agents found in their hotel room an Armory AR-15 rifle, a Mossberg 500 AB 12-Gauge shotgun, two handguns, a silencer, ammunition, body armor, a drone, a twisted cable survival saw, a dagger and other materials, prosecutors said.

If that is an illegal cache, I've invaded Wyoming and Utah numerous times ;)

Cache, snicker, snicker. Militia, two dudes....

Of course the real story :

They each have criminal records and were not authorized to have any firearms of ammunition, prosecutors said.

I know about guns, but felons can't have ammo?

Guns and felons, bad. Felons and suppressor, hmmm shouldn't be possible. Across state llnes... bingo Feds and family gets heads up.

Seems straightforward, but since it is CNN, I'll wait until I hear more. Something seems odd. Pro-cop felons? Not saying it doesn't happen, and if they have had runs ins for NFA type stuff, I can see it.

Just struck me as odd since we know there are ANTIFA guys running all around (even excluding riding on Southwest).

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/04/politics/boogaloo-hamas/index.html

And this article's invocation of "Boogalo" seems to imply right wing, but these guys called themselves the "boogahadeen' and were looking kill cops and overthrow the govt. Not exactly your run of the mill militia members...

CNN really trying to stoke that right wing violence myth...

Straight Shooter
09-05-20, 00:37
Doin what theyve done for 30 years or more now.

SteyrAUG
09-05-20, 01:40
Doin what theyve done for 30 years or more now.

Except the convicted felon part. And really that should be the focus, the politics of felons is irrelevant. Would anyone really feel better if they were libertarians?

Also, regarding the "arsenal"...f'ing amateurs. I bring more stuff to the range on the weekend. CNN would have a coronary if they ever saw the shit in my safe.

TheAlsatian
09-05-20, 05:31
The CNN article mirrors what has been reported locally here. One guy was a convicted felon and the other had a domestic violence conviction, so they were both prohibited persons. The suppressor was reported to be homemade. We lived in that county (Wright) briefly...I'm not overly surprised.

Esq.
09-05-20, 06:55
There is NOTHING illegal about any of that. Now, someone is going to bring uo the suppressor (Letter required for interstate removal)- go read that section of the NFA very carefully and tell me what item is missing.....

Of course, they could be felons in possession or the suppressor might be un papered.....

TheAlsatian
09-05-20, 07:30
They are both prohibited persons. They are being charged with possession of firearms while prohibited. There is no way the NFA item can be legal ...since they are prohibited persons. All reports locally are saying the suppressor was home made. I'm surprised they are not being charged with that, but that may be coming. If they had not been prohibited persons, then the unpapered suppressor would be the only charge. Pretty serious charge in itself.

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-05-20, 10:32
I would not be surprised if the suppressor was on an airgun, or some baffle thing on a paint ball gun.

'Cache'- I'm surprised that it wasn't an 'arsenal'...

Oh, and kids. If you are on a hunting trip, taking a shooting class or just Boogalooing, travel with your guns cases in a soft side rolling golf bag. Unless there is a foot of snow on the ground, no one will bat an eye as you move a thousands of rounds and a squads worth of weapons through a hotel lobby.
"How did you hit them?" Hard
Just don't tell them that your longest shot was 1200 yards...

AndyLate
09-05-20, 10:51
Remember when reporters were expected to have an understanding of writing? I don't thing objects in a motel room meet the definition of a cache.

Holy cow - a twisted wire survival saw? That's terrifying.

Idiocy attracts assholes - 2 of the thousands of felons converging on Kenosha are right wing - and?

I didn't read the article because F CNN, but it's just propoganda.

Andy

P.S. I only stay in hotels in friendly states (unless its for work) and carry a discreet case with a carbine and 4 loaded mags into and out of each one. Never had anyone bat an eye. I'm not a felon, so I don't really care if they did bat an eye.

jpmuscle
09-05-20, 11:16
Sounds like we need to roll back prohibited person restrictions.

If felons can have voting rights reinstated then other civil liberties are fair game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THCDDM4
09-05-20, 11:41
I would not be surprised if the suppressor was on an airgun, or some baffle thing on a paint ball gun.

'Cache'- I'm surprised that it wasn't an 'arsenal'...

Oh, and kids. If you are on a hunting trip, taking a shooting class or just Boogalooing, travel with your guns cases in a soft side rolling golf bag. Unless there is a foot of snow on the ground, no one will bat an eye as you move a thousands of rounds and a squads worth of weapons through a hotel lobby.
"How did you hit them?" Hard
Just don't tell them that your longest shot was 1200 yards...

A better choice is a hockey bag. You can fit A LOT inside, almost an actual cache- and all you have to do is have one Beat up old hockey stick with you on the outside of the bag.

Ice rinks are indoor and operational all year long.

No one bats an eye at them, other than to talk hockey with you.

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-05-20, 12:07
A better choice is a hockey bag. You can fit A LOT inside, almost an actual cache- and all you have to do is have one Beat up old hockey stick with you on the outside of the bag.

Ice rinks are indoor and operational all year long.

No one bats an eye at them, other than to talk hockey with you.

Do they have ones with wheels? I like the idea since golf bags in cars attract attention. No one wants smelly hockey gear.

THCDDM4
09-05-20, 12:23
Do they have ones with wheels? I like the idea since golf bags in cars attract attention. No one wants smelly hockey gear.

Absolutely they do:
https://duckduckgo.com/y.js?ad_provider=bing&u3=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bing.com%2Faclick%3Fld%3De86M6RxmnDDuZmBnk4xX9kBDVUCUxZkIgzEnMtTxZD%2DVp457hrvQtDiy9I1vaEXbNbGRhwb3x4DbC_9LzJ4E0nCGZbKbt6V_Rydmuz3R5tHFCLNhBGxnMPSkybeuqaACBgpy7VdGNYNA632jIpvvjrKHhWDp4%26u%3DaHR0cHMlM2ElMmYlMmZ3d3cucHVyZWhvY2tleS5jb20lMmZwcm9kdWN0JTJmY2NtLXByby1nb2FsaWUtd2hlZWwtYmFnLTQ0aW4tc2VuaW9yJTJmaXRtJTJmMzcyMjktNDElMmYlM2Ztc2Nsa2lkJTNkZjI3YjU0MTNiMmQzMWJhMzdjNmEwYjQwN2I1ZTdlODAlMjZ1dG1fc291cmNlJTNkYmluZyUyNnV0bV9tZWRpdW0lM2RjcGMlMjZ1dG1fY2FtcGFpZ24lM2RTaG9wcGluZyUyNTIwLSUyNTIwQ0NNJTI2dXRtX3Rlcm0lM2Q0NTg2ODE4OTE2MjQxNDY5JTI2dXRtX2NvbnRlbnQlM2RHb2FsaWU%26rlid%3Df27b5413b2d31ba37c6a0b407b5e7e80&vqd=3-265313271799082356012842763244749584683-43921885607802961808484773718279781076&iurl=%7B1%7DIG%3DC9156B7AFD7C4EFF9E5E5B039BCC4CE8%26CID%3D39A0C31BE57A6390024FCC27E436625C%26ID%3DDevEx%2C5661.1

ETA:
If you have the need for those really long Guns that can’t be taken down:
https://duckduckgo.com/y.js?ad_provider=bing&u3=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bing.com%2Faclick%3Fld%3De8cUl7tiGlii7y9obp33igTDVUCUw8%2DbWOC0Df26p4lulJAFSOhgqZuCmrYYduauJvX0kmgLWWApwqtoD0ixDxzPnAXFkqUPSVcNOpeOEBmdy855DQ%2DPibTQRQhwYKY_9TKMRLhAB%2DN3aXiNGLi2G%2Dn4TNzvg%26u%3DaHR0cHMlM2ElMmYlMmZ3d3cuZ29hbGllbW9ua2V5LmNvbSUyZmNjbS1ob2NrZXktZXF1aXBtZW50LWJhZy10ZWFtLXdoZWVsZWQtc3RpY2stMTkuaHRtbCUzZm1zY2xraWQlM2RjNTM3NDgzNDQ1YjQxMzkyNzAwOTE3Njc4YzM5MGNhMiUyNnV0bV9zb3VyY2UlM2RiaW5nJTI2dXRtX21lZGl1bSUzZGNwYyUyNnV0bV9jYW1wYWlnbiUzZCUyNTVCU0IlMjU1RCUyNTIwVGllciUyNTIwQiUyNTNBJTI1MjBHb2FsaWVNb25rZXklMjUyMEJpbmclMjUzQSUyNTIwU2hvcHBpbmclMjUyMC0lMjUyMFVTJTI2dXRtX3Rlcm0lM2Q0NTgyNDg5NTg5OTUwNTI5JTI2dXRtX2NvbnRlbnQlM2RBZCUyNTIwZ3JvdXAlMjUyMCUyNTIzMQ%26rlid%3Dc537483445b41392700917678c390ca2&vqd=3-286133573988129015298714425046588590184-43921885607802961808484773718279781076&iurl=%7B1%7DIG%3DC9156B7AFD7C4EFF9E5E5B039BCC4CE8%26CID%3D39A0C31BE57A6390024FCC27E436625C%26ID%3DDevEx%2C5677.1

docsherm
09-05-20, 12:25

If felons can have voting rights reinstated then other civil liberties are fair game.

I agree 100%. If what a person did in there past is not bad enough to prevent them from voting then they should be allowed to have all of their Constitutional Rights.

Hank6046
09-05-20, 13:04
Except the convicted felon part. And really that should be the focus, the politics of felons is irrelevant. Would anyone really feel better if they were libertarians?

Also, regarding the "arsenal"...f'ing amateurs. I bring more stuff to the range on the weekend. CNN would have a coronary if they ever saw the shit in my safe.

Agreed, they are politicizing this, when this is a case of actually enforcing federal gun control laws. Which, they won't tell you about, because they want the narrative to be that you can walk into Walmart and walk out with a TOW missile launcher.

tommyrott
09-05-20, 13:35
I would include a bag for skates, I live in Durango Colorado and we have a summer hockey league so rolling out of your domicile here wouldn't cause an oh my

chuckman
09-05-20, 14:36
One of these guys is from North Carolina so it's getting a lot of local air time. So much of this is BS; however, they also told an undercover agent that they would be a material asset for Hamas. That is no bueno, and that is the glue for the domestic terror charge. The rest of it is coffee house smoke and mirrors.

Interesting that they would be willing to charge them on discussing killing police officers and overthrowing the government when BLM and antifa have been discussing that for how long now, very publicly, and none of them have been charged with domestic terrorism.

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-05-20, 14:40
I thought the hummus guys were a separate thing?

The_War_Wagon
09-05-20, 14:46
CNN: Right Wing Militia Arrested for Arms Cache

Heyyyyy... they FINALLY found one! :rolleyes:

They've only been digging for decades! It was just a matter of time, before the blind pig found its acorn! :jester:

Firefly
09-05-20, 15:26
The term ‘Felon’ lost all meaning along time ago.

At one time a Felony was a huge deal. Now you can get felonized for pissing off the wrong people.

Per “Right Wing Militia”, YAWWWN. These guys CNN dug up seem like Starbucks Liberals to me.

No planks for Crucifixes, no SEMTEX, no Anime Body Pillows, no Flamethrowers, no Tiger Stripes.

Seem like a buncha Blue Dog Democrats to me

OH58D
09-05-20, 15:40
NBC News is trying to make the point that paramilitary organizations (like militias) are illegal:

Kyle Rittenhouse and his militia defense ignores that private paramilitaries are illegal

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/kyle-rittenhouse-his-militia-defense-ignores-private-paramilitaries-are-illegal-ncna1239397

However, if my memory serves me correctly, Title 10, Section 246 of the US Code identifies any male citizen between the age of 17 and 45 are part of the unorganized militia. Here's the link to the Cornell Law page:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/10/246

flenna
09-05-20, 16:18
NBC News is trying to make the point that paramilitary organizations (like militias) are illegal:

Kyle Rittenhouse and his militia defense ignores that private paramilitaries are illegal

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/kyle-rittenhouse-his-militia-defense-ignores-private-paramilitaries-are-illegal-ncna1239397

However, if my memory serves me correctly, Title 10, Section 246 of the US Code identifies any male citizen between the age of 17 and 45 are part of the unorganized militia. Here's the link to the Cornell Law page:

NBC and the rest of the ComDem's propaganda arm can go pound sand. Their credibility went down the toilet years ago.

jpmuscle
09-05-20, 16:25
I agree 100%. If what a person did in there past is not bad enough to prevent them from voting then they should be allowed to have all of their Constitutional Rights.
Agreed

One of these guys is from North Carolina so it's getting a lot of local air time. So much of this is BS; however, they also told an undercover agent that they would be a material asset for Hamas. That is no bueno, and that is the glue for the domestic terror charge. The rest of it is coffee house smoke and mirrors.

Interesting that they would be willing to charge them on discussing killing police officers and overthrowing the government when BLM and antifa have been discussing that for how long now, very publicly, and none of them have been charged with domestic terrorism.
Feds are lazy. Low hanging fruit is name of the game because it makes everyone look “good”, assuming it’s an investigative dead end. Easy stats.

Which is hilarious because when people say that I ask them who exactly were the militia during the time of the revolution and their confounded when you remind them it was the whole of the people.

09-05-20, 16:40

Yup.

For those of you with golf bags and hockey bags and guitar cases, trying to be discreet going to hotels.... be prepared to run into fellow golfers, complete with their lingo. I just take my can off and throw the weapon and can in my suitcase.

jsbhike
09-05-20, 17:07

I was reading that earlier too. I find it interesting that the first 8 Amendments are recognition of enumerated inalienable rights, the 9th states inalienable rights aren't limited to those 8, and the 10th states that the .gov is limited to duties listed in the body of the constitution, but that jackass views the 9 Amendments recognizing inalienable rights as dependent on .gov approval which makes them privileges at best.

jsbhike
09-05-20, 17:12
Yup.

For those of you with golf bags and hockey bags and guitar cases, trying to be discreet going to hotels.... be prepared to run into fellow golfers, complete with their lingo. I just take my can off and throw the weapon and can in my suitcase.

A similar concern I have had with buying some 2nd hand case for a widget that I have no interest in is grabbing the tennis/golf/whatever equivalent of a Korth box and piquing the curiosity of a miscreant that does know what kind of carrier it is.

OH58D
09-05-20, 17:43
Agreed
Which is hilarious because when people say that I ask them who exactly were the militia during the time of the revolution and their confounded when you remind them it was the whole of the people.

What has always surprised me was the top end age of 45 for the unorganized militia, but that is similar to the maximum age of 42 for an Army enlistment. For me since I am 60, they won't even call me back to active duty, so I guess I'll just associate with my local group of non-militia folks and our monthly meetings.

Perhaps for the unorganized militia members, they would accept advice and tactical direction from non-members?

jpmuscle
09-05-20, 17:48
What has always surprised me was the top end age of 45 for the unorganized militia, but that is similar to the maximum age of 42 for an Army enlistment. For me since I am 60, they won't even call me back to active duty, so I guess I'll just associate with my local group of non-militia folks and our monthly meetings.

Perhaps for the unorganized militia members, they would accept advice and tactical direction from non-members?

Careful, you start putting meetings together with like minded folks that love freedom and all of sudden POOF it’s designated a Klan rally by some people

[emoji849]

Jsp10477
09-05-20, 18:01

Absolutely.

OH58D
09-05-20, 18:22
Careful, you start putting meetings together with like minded folks that love freedom and all of sudden POOF it’s designated a Klan rally by some people

We've done it for years, and started with friends at Church. Everyone has a skill and talent which they bring to the group. No uniforms, no tactical training, but cookouts and some marksmanship training. You couldn't label this group Klan-like because we have a mix of races. There's one Navy Vet married to a Korean woman, a Black husband and wife with kids, some Apache and Navajo families and the rest Hispanic background or pure Anglo. Heck, we even have a Lesbian married couple who are big-time right wing Conservative. I don't judge; they're nice people who are big time into AR's.

We are a group that brings both professionals and blue-color together, creating a network designed to come together during a natural disaster or national emergency. And the kids get involved too.

SteyrAUG
09-05-20, 18:29

A convicted felon can petition to have any and all of their rights restored, their level of success depends on what kind of felony it was, how long ago, what they have been doing since then, etc.

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-05-20, 19:43
Yup.

I play enough golf to cover. Name of the course- was it something farms, oak, wait some other tree...

The wind was moving my shots all over the place..
My sticks were letting me down today
I kept pulling my shots
I need to work on my follow through

Whole conversation with a busy body in on an elevator in Greely once. With out lying once... My son almost couldn't hold it together...

rero360
09-05-20, 20:00
I’ve always used guitar cases, can only hold one but the outside pouches are great for mags and ear pro

ColtSeavers
09-05-20, 20:16
Why aren't they john brown gun club or whatever that other antifa commie gun club militia is?

It's always right wing militia...

https://pics.me.me/thumb_how-convenient-imgflip-com-the-church-lady-imgflip-52982547.png

ThirdWatcher
09-07-20, 06:16
... I know about guns, but felons can't have ammo?...

No they can’t, each round can add more years to the offender’s prison sentence at Club Fed. I don’t know much about Federal law but crimes involving firearms are taken very seriously by .gov.

I’ve always wondered why a person convicted of a non-violent felony loses their Second Amendment rights. As near as I can figure it’s used as leverage to get a person to plead guilty to a misdemeanor rather than risk a trial (even though they might be acquitted). The last few years has been quite an eye-opener for me, seeing people like LTG Flynn get set up and railroaded by the (in)Justice System.

Grand58742
09-07-20, 08:24
Dear CNN,

Please don't look in most M4C member's basements, closets or hidey holes. If it's a place the boogeyman hangs out, don't peek.

Sincerely

JoshNC
09-07-20, 08:52
I’ve always wondered why a person convicted of a non-violent felony loses their Second Amendment rights. As near as I can figure it’s used as leverage to get a person to plead guilty to a misdemeanor rather than risk a trial (even though they might be acquitted). The last few years has been quite an eye-opener for me, seeing people like LTG Flynn get set up and railroaded by the (in)Justice System.

Agreed. It’s ridiculous. Non-violent felons should not lose their constitutional rights.

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-07-20, 09:19
Dear CNN,

Please don't look in most M4C member's basements, closets or hidey holes. If it's a place the boogeyman hangs out, don't peek.

Sincerely

https://youtu.be/FfQWz4gVcP8
Now, the Vegas shooter was an outlier, but every other time they talk about the 'armory' of a shooter and it is two guns and 500 rounds of ammo...

Actually, in this time of COVID and ZOOM meetings, I was looking for fun picture backdrops. I found some pics of H&K "Gray Room", where the pics are fairly striagiht on, with some good guns on the wall. I was in a boring meeting with my boss and some people from my company while doing this. I downloaded the pic, cropped it the right dimensions and uploaded it to zoom. I thought zoom let you preview how the backgrounds will look before going live. Nope. As I'm choosing between which pic I want to use, I can hear my bosses tone change and go "FMCDH, what the heck is that?"

Most people at work think they are gun nuts, I went machine gun shooting with this boss once- so no major foul, but a good faux pas. I did have to explain the Gray Room as the Sistine Chapel of firearms.

09-07-20, 14:07
Dear CNN,

Sincerely

I only have airsoft

Firefly
09-07-20, 15:30
Dear CNN,

Sincerely

In my defense, sir. I consider myself an amateur podiatrist

Grand58742
09-07-20, 21:02
In my defense, sir. I consider myself an amateur podiatrist

We've missed you.

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-08-20, 08:23
The militia comments are kind of funny. So the militia is only legal if the governor that refuses to protect people with proper resources allows you to have a militia. Sounds like "Last of the Mohicans" at Ft. McHenry.

I don't know why Kyle would even need to invoke the militia, unless it is to go after the rifle with a minor charge.

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-08-20, 18:39
https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/08/politics/white-supremacy-dhs-draft-assessment/index.html

DHS has domestic terrorism as the big threat and White Supremacists as the #1 threat? As cities burn, Antifa attacks the free press, cops are shot in Dallas, its open season on GOP congresscritters on baseball fields? Ohm yea, Charlottesville!

The_War_Wagon
09-08-20, 19:06

OH NOES! Don't tell THESE guys!

https://palightfootmilitia.com/

They've only been around since BEFORE the ORIGINAL Revolution! :eek:

Averageman
09-08-20, 19:17
The militia comments are kind of funny. So the militia is only legal if the governor that refuses to protect people with proper resources allows you to have a militia. Sounds like "Last of the Mohicans" at Ft. McHenry.

I don't know why Kyle would even need to invoke the militia, unless it is to go after the rifle with a minor charge.

I wonder if since we can vote by mail if we can buy guns through the mail?
Freedom is Freedom, right?

Esq.
09-08-20, 19:35
https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/08/politics/white-supremacy-dhs-draft-assessment/index.html

DHS has domestic terrorism as the big threat and White Supremacists as the #1 threat? As cities burn, Antifa attacks the free press, cops are shot in Dallas, its open season on GOP congresscritters on baseball fields? Ohm yea, Charlottesville!

Thats because as soon as they take over they intend to use the entire might of the government and its media and corporate lackeys to completely destroy white, middle class America. Those that have not been brainwashed or guilted into submission must be destroyed and there must be at least a fig leaf of pretext to murder that many people....

They are trying to provoke middle America into lashing out, they know it is the only force significant enough to oppose their great global levelling.

Dr. Bullseye
09-08-20, 23:02
The FBI missed the all important kiddy porn. You have to find kiddy porn when busing right wing militias. It makes the grand jury so much smoother.