PDA

View Full Version : I think we need a home defense sub forum

Business_Casual
09-05-20, 19:49
Considering all the craziness extant, who agrees a sub forum dedicated to home defense planning, security and preparedness would be useful?

maximus83
09-05-20, 20:02
Second the motion. Maybe put it in the "Preparation, Preparedness & Prevention" group.

I've been thinking about a lot of issues and questions that go beyond the usual weapons-related we talk about (rifle vs pistol, what type of ammunition, what type of sighting system, etc).

Firefly
09-05-20, 20:04
Too Barfcom.

Fighting is fighting.

ColtSeavers
09-05-20, 20:39
Because everyone here already knows how to defend their home properly.

But, apparently we need a refresher...

Vetted gun, loaded, with light at least if a handgun, optic and sling if a rifle. Shotguns are not an option (unless it's your only option).

React with screaming (you can call it war shouting, but we all know it's screaming), nudity and firepower.

Setup a Ferris Bueller type system where this plays in the background, it will explain or at least muffle the screams and gunfire.

https://youtu.be/wTF_3HS6A04

There, no need for a sub forum.

Five_Point_Five_Six
09-05-20, 20:51
Because everyone here already knows how to defend their home properly.

But, apparently we need a refresher...

Vetted gun, loaded, with light at least if a handgun, optic and sling if a rifle. Shotguns are not an option (unless it's your only option).

React with screaming (you can call it war shouting, but we all know it's screaming), nudity and firepower.

Setup a Ferris Bueller type system where this plays in the background, it will explain or at least muffle the screams and gunfire.

https://youtu.be/wTF_3HS6A04

There, no need for a sub forum.

If you think guns are the only topic to consider when talking about home defense then you're already behind the times.

ColtSeavers
09-05-20, 20:57
If you think guns are the only topic to consider when talking about home defense then you're already behind the times.

If that's your take away from my previous post, then your sense of humor may already be lost.

maximus83
09-05-20, 21:01
Too Barfcom.

Fighting is fighting.

That sounds *exactly* like something you'd hear at Barfcom--you hung out there too long and they infected you.

Pappabear
09-05-20, 21:01
I'm down for it because I know I lack in training having never been Military or PoPo.

I'm all ears.

PB

boss_hawg
09-05-20, 21:18
I saw that shotguns are not an option.

First time caller; long-time listener.

I’m going to hang up and listen.

Firefly
09-05-20, 21:22
That sounds *exactly* like something you'd hear at Barfcom--you hung out there too long and they infected you.

But fighting IS fighting. What, specifically, do you want to discuss vis a vis a home invasion?

We literally have a tactics subforum. A lot of CQB and room clearing is universal. Your suburban home isnÂ’t exactly the Hacienda.

All else being equal it is far easier to defend an installation than to attack. I mean. JFC, the local Blood chapter will just kick in your door and try to bum rush you. Anybody with a light carbine and a 60 round mag has to do is set up a makeshift firing lane down the hall and let it rain. Those that survive will be tripping over their baggy, saggy, fecal soiled pants trying to escape the gunfire.

I donÂ’t know why people want to Zero Dark Thirty a burglary. You wonÂ’t have time to do anything but grab your closest stick. You should know your house better than they do.

The violence of action is over pretty quick.

If you mean meet some people and go drill or whatever then get to PMing local folks that arenÂ’t crazy and wonÂ’t Chris Kyle you at a shooting range.

I donÂ’t know what, really, you want to cover that isnÂ’t already being covered. There are radio threads. PC threads, Docsherm has a decade plus old Chest Rig thread and I have seen his rigs in person and they work.

Subforums like that devolve into shotgun antics, “Household 6” jokes, passing references to making their 8 year olds into a makeshift RENAMO fireteam, and guys acting like their double wide is a Non-Permissive Environment.

I mean if my stupid, sorry, alcoholic ass can wreak holy hell on some traps of varying degrees of preparedness and be successful then I am sure you can waste some Home Invaders.

My biggest concerns are the huge cockroaches, the squalor, the tendency of thuggies to have children just all over the places they cook their dope, and whether or not their cook crap is going to explode.

IÂ’m not trying to be harsh but I just donÂ’t know why we need a new forum.

After a while it will be a Haberdashery forum, an LGBTQIAA2P forum, and some other stuff. Then special little avatars and blah.

No, simple is best. Go make a thread peculiar to home defense in the tactics forum and subscribe.

ThatÂ’s just my thoughts.

Rogue556
09-05-20, 21:35
I watched Rambo: Last Blood and decided to implement those measures property wide.

It's been a solid setup so far. Door to door Mormons and magazine subscription salesman have disappeared from my AO entirely. Only real downside is the delivery drivers never seem to make it to the door for some reason. Not sure what's up with that.

(Seriously though, a subforum for security and safety measures for the home that aren't necessarily firearm related would be nice. While we're at it; Night Vision subforum pleaaaase).

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Firefly
09-05-20, 21:37
I’m down for a NODS forum (and surprised that we haven’t had one) but the rest is kinda Dale Gribble

Straight Shooter
09-05-20, 21:45
Many other things, way more, than guns and ammo to home security.
I cant believe some of yalls responses.
I THIRD the motion.

jpmuscle
09-05-20, 21:49
I’m down for a NODS forum (and surprised that we haven’t had one) but the rest is kinda Dale Gribble

I’ve tried for like 4 years I think.

Atleast two anyways [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firefly
09-05-20, 21:59
IÂ’ve tried for like 4 years I think.

Atleast two anyways [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I knoooow. NODS tech is in flux, itÂ’s getting relatively more affordable, itÂ’s highly technical where helping hands and discussion germane to the subject matter would be as such that it would warrant its own forum.

A home defense subforum would be a ghost town on an already slow by design site.

ThereÂ’s only so many ways to say 30 rounds topped off AR will help you more than 7 shells of buckshot.

Disciple
09-05-20, 22:07
I wonder if an exterior fire suppression system will be valuable in the days to come. Would such topics be welcome?

ColtSeavers
09-05-20, 23:59
Many other things, way more, than guns and ammo to home security.
I cant believe some of yalls responses
I know, right?!

https://compote.slate.com/images/b8a398fa-9b13-461c-823b-ebaf9e23c30c.jpg?height=842&width=1180

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-06-20, 00:20

I have a vaccine for that.

Sure, why not. I think the threat and the frequency of events has changed in the recent year. Add in things like home automation,’, security systems, security, legal requirements; I think it’s a good idea. If it gets stagnant just archive it and leave it as a Posty.

Straight Shooter
09-06-20, 02:01
I know, right?!

https://compote.slate.com/images/b8a398fa-9b13-461c-823b-ebaf9e23c30c.jpg?height=842&width=1180
My man, i can take a joke.
THATS hilarious.

SteyrAUG
09-06-20, 03:58
We literally have a tactics subforum.

Sounds like the solution, kind of like how PCC fall into the "Other semi automatic rifles" forum even though they aren't technically rifles. If you created a PCC / SMG forum it would probably be pretty dead.

By the same token, "Training and Tactics" is right there, start a post specific about Home Defense considerations. If the subject becomes strong enough to necessitate it's own forum, THEN do it.

I'd also probably throw NODS and NVGs in that same forum (or Tactical Gear) UNTIL it has enough discussion to stand on it's own.

I've seen what happens when a forum has 65 sub forums dedicated to minutia.

mark5pt56
09-06-20, 07:29
Don't see it, besides, when was the last post in the T&T section? Point made by SA above.

Voodoochild
09-06-20, 07:39
Closing this per request.