PDA

View Full Version : Trijicon vs Holosun lawsuit ends

Slater
09-07-20, 16:18
Evidently this ended with voluntary dismissal by Trijicon, with prejudice. For our legal experts, what does that mean exactly?

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/17389558/trijicon-inc-v-holosun-technologies-inc/

Grand58742
09-07-20, 16:27
Evidently this ended with voluntary dismissal by Trijicon, with prejudice. For our legal experts, what does that mean exactly?

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/17389558/trijicon-inc-v-holosun-technologies-inc/

With prejudice means it can't be filed again. Like ever.

ETA: Can't filed under the same claim:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prejudice_(legal_term)

The inverse phrase is dismissal with prejudice, in which the plaintiff is barred from filing another case on the same claim. Dismissal with prejudice is a final judgment and the case becomes res judicata on the claims that were or could have been brought in it; dismissal without prejudice is not.

rjacobs
09-07-20, 16:45

the voluntary dismissal likely means they settled something out of court... just a guess by me though.

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-07-20, 17:30
So the prejudice part is to protect the person settling so that the matter can't be filed again, not that the judge thought it was BS and threw it out?

jpmuscle
09-07-20, 17:36
Either way it was frivolous and it sounds like they knew it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PracticalRifleman
09-07-20, 21:58
Either way it was frivolous and it sounds like they knew it

Based on what?

jpmuscle
09-07-20, 22:03
Based on what?

? The original filing in the other thread said as much.

PracticalRifleman
09-07-20, 22:10
? The original filing in the other thread said as much.

If so, why would the Chinese company, owned by the Chinese government, settle so quickly? Hmmm

georgeib
09-07-20, 22:16
Turns out Holosun has agreed to change the button configuration on some of their optics. For example the Hs507k has become the Hs507k X2. They've gone from a vertical brightness button setup to a horizontal, much smaller one. Glad I got one of the early ones.

Straight Shooter
09-07-20, 23:11
On the subject of Holosun- I distinctly remember Mrguns&gear saying awhile back that Mr. Holosun, who has dual Chinese & American citizenship..was either "going" to open two American plants here..or was "considering" opening two.
I really think he said going to.
Anyone with any info on that? Make em in the USA Ill buy them all day long.

Nightstalker865
09-08-20, 05:53
If so, why would the Chinese company, owned by the Chinese government, settle so quickly? Hmmm

Your thinking of Olight. They are owned by the Chinese Gov.

Esq.
09-08-20, 08:14
Several things....dismissed with prejudice means the same issues cannot be litigated again between the same parties- so it's basically a complete settlement of those issues. Likely, there was a monetary settlement involved though just as likely it was cost of suit and an agreement to change the product slightly as noted.

The swiftness of the settlement can be interpreted many ways- 1. Trijicon had a rock solid case and Holosun really saw no reasonable defense 2. Trijicons "bitch" was so easy to dodge that Holosun agreed to pay a small sum and make some design changes just to make it go away 3. Probably a combination of both.

PracticalRifleman
09-08-20, 10:35
Your thinking of Olight. They are owned by the Chinese Gov.

No, I’m not thinking of 0light, Holosun is owned by a company owned by the Chinese government.

Mjolnir
09-08-20, 12:17

With prejudice means that they cannot discuss it, either.

Esq.
09-08-20, 14:14
With prejudice means that they cannot discuss it, either.

No. That would typically be covered by an NDA (non disclosure agreement) as part of the settlement documents which are NOT part of the court filings.

Slater
09-08-20, 14:52
Not familiar with Holosun, but how are they any different from the dozens of Chinese optics brands on Amazon, EBay, and their own websites?

The_War_Wagon
09-08-20, 14:55

Trijicon-equipped Norinco products there in the Red Army now?

PracticalRifleman
09-08-20, 15:04
Trijicon-equipped Norinco products there in the Red Army now?

[emoji849]

glocktogo
09-08-20, 16:02
Turns out Holosun has agreed to change the button configuration on some of their optics. For example the Hs507k has become the Hs507k X2. They've gone from a vertical brightness button setup to a horizontal, much smaller one. Glad I got one of the early ones.

Are you saying my OG 507K just became unobtanium and 10X more valuable? :jester:

georgeib
09-08-20, 16:19
Are you saying my OG 507K just became unobtanium and 10X more valuable? :jester:Possibly! But I like the button design much more versus the "new" ones which are simply the same as the Hs507c version 1.

Nightstalker865
09-08-20, 19:32
No, I’m not thinking of 0light, Holosun is owned by a company owned by the Chinese government.

Who owns Holosun then?

PracticalRifleman
09-08-20, 21:47
Who owns Holosun then?

Do a search, I found it here on this site.

PracticalRifleman
09-08-20, 22:22
People here really love supporting the Chi-coms.

crosseyedshooter
09-08-20, 23:10
Who owns Holosun then?

About four years ago, I was trying to find warranty information on my Holosun HS403A which had a stuck elevation adjustment. I kept turning the adjuster but the dot didn't move. I found the original manufacturer's ".cn" website and found all sorts of other red dot models that were yet to be released to the US market. Unfortunately, that site appears to be gone. Huanic Corporation is the parent company of Holosun. You can see in the last couple of years, they've been busy filing all kinds of patents on red dot sights (Google Patents (https://patents.google.com/?assignee=Huanic+corporation&oq=Huanic+corporation)).

SWATcop556
09-08-20, 23:14
Clean up on isle 3. Act like adults or be put in timeout like children.

Nightstalker865
09-09-20, 06:27
About four years ago, I was trying to find warranty information on my Holosun HS403A which had a stuck elevation adjustment. I kept turning the adjuster but the dot didn't move. I found the original manufacturer's ".cn" website and found all sorts of other red dot models that were yet to be released to the US market. Unfortunately, that site appears to be gone. Huanic Corporation is the parent company of Holosun. You can see in the last couple of years, they've been busy filing all kinds of patents on red dot sights (Google Patents (https://patents.google.com/?assignee=Huanic+corporation&oq=Huanic+corporation)).

Thank you for the info. I was under the impression Holosun was a US company that just manufactured everything in China.

jpmuscle
09-09-20, 08:13
People here really love supporting the Chi-coms.

Really want to go down that road again like the other thread?

Slater
09-09-20, 08:47
Heck, even SIG's Bravo series is/was manufactured in China.

Nightstalker865
09-09-20, 09:18
I’m not concerned about things being manufactured in China. I don’t like it, but it’s a fact of life these days. My concern in this case, is buying something from a Chinese owned company. If that’s 100% accurate, I’ll never buy a Holosun product. Need to do a bit of digging.

rjacobs
09-09-20, 10:19
Thank you for the info. I was under the impression Holosun was a US company that just manufactured everything in China.

We met them at SHOT like 5-6 years ago when they first were coming to the USA. It was all Chinese and I think a couple Brit's and maybe 1 or 2 American's(I think one was a female actually)...

At the time you would ask them "so these fit on an RMR mount?" "they fit on a standard mount and screw pattern"... "so these fit on an H1 mount?" "They fit on a standard mount and screw pattern"... They were very good to not step on any toes and say RMR, H1, Trijicon, Aimpoint, etc... My buddy bought a few and put them on some SCAR 17's and a Barrett 50 bmg to try to break them... I think they are actually still running...