PDA

View Full Version : BCG's FA

sfd_324
11-29-08, 19:50
Will be putting a LMT FA BCG in my 16" upper............has any one had any experience with the standard carrier enhanced bolt or the enhanced carrier & bolt?

If there is no real advantage to these i will just use the standard FA BCG, plus save a little bit of $$ in the process.

mmike87
11-29-08, 20:14
From what I understand, the standard FA BCG's work just fine and you don't need to "enhance" anything.

The important stuff is a MP tested and shot peened bolt, extractor with proper insert and spring, and a carrier with proper key screw staking. The LMT BCG's are good to go in all those respects.

sfd_324
11-29-08, 20:17
From what I understand, the standard FA BCG's work just fine and you don't need to "enhance" anything.

The important stuff is a MP tested and shot peened bolt, extractor with proper insert and spring, and a carrier with proper key screw staking. The LMT BCG's are good to go in all those respects.

Thanks....Standard FA will save me a few $$...:D

denniscalhounhare
11-30-08, 07:54
But where can we find the LMT or CMT BCG's in stock. That is the question.

Dave L.
11-30-08, 08:08
But where can we find the LMT or CMT BCG's in stock. That is the question.

everyone is looking. they will eventually be back in stock within 30 days.

bullseye
11-30-08, 11:22
i have a back-up BCG and spare bolt back-ordered through lmt, their sales rep emailed me last week concerning my order,, said scheduled shipping is 12-29-08, i beleive there is some around if someone looks enough.

SIGfest
11-30-08, 20:48
Check frequently at G&R, or at BCM, for BCG's that come in and sell out quickly. You never know, you may just hit it right. BCM or LMT FA BCG's would be my first 2 choices. YMMV.