PDA

View Full Version : Cheep 20 x ish scopes?

MyDogsBoss
11-29-08, 21:07
Looking for variable up to 20-24x for my flattop AR .... Simmons,Tasco,Leapers etc selling for under $100 or less. I'm not expecting or looking for perfection just a toy or something that could someday prove useful on a rare occasion for saving my ass from a zombie attack or killer squirrels ;)
My thanks,Jim

jmart
11-29-08, 21:30
I know you asked about recommendations for different makes/models, but.....

(a) Weaver KT15 -- plenty of magnification, decent quality

(b) Burris 6-18 FFII -- decent quality variable that doesn't break the bank. Don't subject it though to rough usage though, it ain't built like a bank vault

In all honesty, I have no hands on with any of the options you asked about, but I do have hands on with Burris FFII line and it's a decent entry-level line. Other users have reported favorably on the Weaver. Converesely. I don't know of anyone who sings the praises of Leapers or Tasco.

SoDak
11-29-08, 21:40
Would you consider a fixed power 20? Then you could look at a super sniper scope which I think are supposed to be a good entry level scope.
http://www.swfa.com/pc-4307-231-swfa-ss-20x42-tactical-riflescope.aspx

LettersFromEarth
11-30-08, 09:26
Look at Sightron's catalog. Good stuff to be found there and the prices are low compared to other brands.

As far as the other brands that you asked about--Be advised that when the zombies do come the ones armed with rifles (why wouldnt they?) will have glass mounted on them from Leapers, Tasco, Simmons, and BSA! ;)

As to the Super Sniper plug; I think the SS 10X--$299.00 (their 16x and up stuff is overkill IMO) is the best of that line. Dont discount it. :)