PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Combat BUIS

whick1
09-17-20, 10:49
Anyone had any experience with these? They are much cheaper than other options out there like KAC, Troy, Midwest Industries, Magpul PRO, etc.
https://shopwilsoncombat.com/Wilson-Combat-Back-Up-Sight-Set-Rail-Mount/productinfo/TR-BUS/

2ndamendmentguy
09-17-20, 10:56
Interested as well - attractive price for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firefly
09-17-20, 11:37
I’m sorta over BUIS.

They are more fashion statement than anything.

Dr. Bullseye
09-17-20, 12:12
Cheap? Good. Send them to the John Brown Gun Club. Cheap sights are just cheap sights.

seb5
09-17-20, 12:26
I’m sorta over BUIS.

They are more fashion statement than anything.

I did install a Troy set on a Colt CCU last night. But I had them on hand and only buy MBUS now as I've never had to deploy them, ever. Aimpoint's are tougher than hard rocks.

VIP3R 237
09-17-20, 12:40
I did install a Troy set on a Colt CCU last night. But I had them on hand and only buy MBUS now as I've never had to deploy them, ever. Aimpoint's are tougher than hard rocks.

This topic probably deserve it’s own thread, but with Aimpoints I don’t think I will ever have to use my BUIS, but I can’t let myself not have them if it makes sense

Firefly
09-17-20, 12:52
That’s actually a good idea..

ndmiller
09-17-20, 13:39
My worry is sometimes aluminum doesn't bend it breaks, but otherwise the price is good. I'm a magpul buis guy, tough as nails, reasonable price, can make good hits at 100 and keeps all rifle buis consistent.

Red*Lion
09-17-20, 14:22
They look like Midwest Industry copies, but a bit cheaper price.

GH41
09-17-20, 19:52
My worry is sometimes aluminum doesn't bend it breaks, but otherwise the price is good. I'm a magpul buis guy, tough as nails, reasonable price, can make good hits at 100 and keeps all rifle buis consistent.

Did you mean to say you are a magpul fan boy? I cannot get excited about plastic or MIM. Enjoy the cool-aid.

Haikufunk
09-17-20, 20:30
Did you mean to say you are a magpul fan boy? I cannot get excited about plastic or MIM. Enjoy the cool-aid.

Nice way to throw out an ad hominem argument. He stated why he likes the Mbus sights and you added... well, nothing. Why do you not like plastic? MIM? What about these sights annoys you? Interests you?

Looking at the Wilson Combat sights I see some pros and cons.

Pros:

Lay flat and appear to have a low profile.

You can choose which aperture to use as your primary when the sight is flipped into place (vs. Troy which only allows for the larger aperture).

Price

Cons:

Aluminum construction

Rear windage looks like it would be difficult to adjust without a tool

These would be worth considering if one was on a budget or if one wanted to test them to see if they stand up to abuse.

JediGuy
09-20-20, 06:53
I think I read these are made in collaboration with YHM. Anyone able to corroborate that?

AndyLate
09-20-20, 07:35
You can choose which aperture to use as your primary when the sight is flipped into place (vs. Troy which only allows for the larger aperture).

That's a good point, there are two schools of thought and having both options is refreshing.

Andy