PDA

View Full Version : NetFlix, "The Devil all the Time." GTG

Averageman
09-17-20, 20:52
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7395114/http://

I just finished watching this, it is good.
Four out of Five pointy fingers.

Budget
09-17-20, 21:34
Just finished. Very good.

Chubbs103
09-18-20, 13:38
NPR was discussing the book with the author. I am very intrigued. I will likely read it first. I spent time deer hunting in that area when I was growing up,

AppalachianThunder
09-19-20, 10:40
Pretty accurate depiction of the area really. Where I'm from in Pike County, corruption is common among local gov and law enforcement(or lack of), and there's plenty of violence from familial disputes and drug related nonsense. Hell, about five years ago an entire family was executed in their home, children and all. Greed, meth, and desperation make people do some crazy shit.

militarymoron
09-19-20, 11:14
I watched it yesterday - thought it was pretty good. Spider-man, the Winter Soldier (Bucky), John Connor and the new Batman all acted well in it.

ABNAK
09-19-20, 21:41
Pretty accurate depiction of the area really. Where I'm from in Pike County, corruption is common among local gov and law enforcement(or lack of), and there's plenty of violence from familial disputes and drug related nonsense. Hell, about five years ago an entire family was executed in their home, children and all. Greed, meth, and desperation make people do some crazy shit.

Eight people at four different locations, same night. LEO found a marijuana grow operation on one property, assumed it was maybe a cartel hit given the efficiency of the murders. COVID has delayed the trial but apparently it was another local, well-established family (dad, mom, and two adult sons) in a freaking custody dispute with the victims. Shared grandchild, they all knew each other. Unreal.

duece71
09-19-20, 22:46

I remember that case. First thing I thought was Cartels had had enough of someone’s shenanigans.

Averageman
09-19-20, 23:08

Both sides of my Family slowly emigrated through Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky and Indiana. Always on the look for better jobs and better soil to work.
Oh the stories.
Carrying sugar and grain sacks up a creek as to not leave a trail. Having 13 Brothers and 1 poor Sister. Working in Coal Mines and plowing with horses in rocky Kentucky soil. Having a Sheriff stand twenty feet from a working still and not knowing it. Sitting down at a Family reunion and having both side of the law throwing Horseshoes together.
The Scots Irish would rule the world if it weren't for Whiskey and Dope

LowSpeed_HighDrag
09-20-20, 13:53

Slightly off topic, but I just finished the podcast mini series "The Piketon Massacre", very fascinating. Great insight into that slaying.

rushca01
09-20-20, 18:59
Just finished, I found it enjoyable and well acted.

Adrenaline_6
09-20-20, 21:30
Just finished it myself. I enjoyed it. I wasn't dirt poor like that when I was growing up, but in my early years, was definitely not well off. Corrugated roofs, weathered wood, and dirt bring back fond memories of my early childhood. Best years that I can remember.

Five_Point_Five_Six
09-22-20, 13:02
I enjoyed it.