PDA

View Full Version : Handgun pricing during Covid 19

PLCedeno
09-19-20, 13:03
I was wondering what other people's observations have been during this strange period of time. My local gun range received 5 Glock 19's Gen5 yesterday. They were priced at $1375.00. Two were left by the end of the day. The other two were sold this morning.

Pappabear
09-19-20, 13:07
Thats ridiculous. They wouldn't sell in AZ for those prices. I sold two guns on GB, and didn't get good pricing at all. A VP9 and P320. I think they have surges and I missed the initial pandemic / riot pricing.

Now ammo is another story. Its insane.

PB

markm
09-19-20, 14:47
Anyone dumb enough to pay $1350 for a Glock deserves to pay $1350 for a glock.

jesuvuah
09-19-20, 15:31
I was looking recently for a gen5 19. Everyone is out of stock. So i watched some on gunbroker and they were selling around $800. That is not as bad as 1300 but still way too much for a glock. Maybe next year.

Hey pappabear, I am enjoying that p229 legion you sold me

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

ST911
09-19-20, 17:14
This is very local/regional. I've been in a number of gun stores in the last 60 days, several of which had Glocks gathering dust at normal retail price. One LE dealer has G17s and G44s in stock. Another retailer has had the same 19X for 2-3 months at $630.

Other brands available as well, calibers and particular models vary.

mark5pt56
09-19-20, 17:33
That's nuts! I was contemplating selling my old G4 19 so I can get a USP9c. The new prices are in the high 6's locally and they may last a day in the case, same as any decent carry gun. Most are gone within 2-3 hours. The funny one was a guy was looking at a P365 and was thinking on it and said he wanted to think it over, some hints were thrown that he may want to get it now. I was trying to help him out but he said I'll be back tomorrow, I asked again if he was sure. He repeated it and I didn't bother to put it back as I saw a guy 5' away with that look on his face. As soon as the guy said he would wait the other guy said I'll take it!

Circle_10
09-19-20, 18:49
Primary Arms had Gen 5 G17s in stock for $539 for a little while this morning. I’ve been wanting another Glock but I’m in poor mode currently so I had to sit that one out. You can still get handguns at decent prices, it’s just a matter of catching them in stock.

ndmiller
09-19-20, 19:55
Man gun owners are out own worst enemy. One little rumor and everyone starts buying the BLEEP out of everything just in case. I can't wait till it's over to stock up on all the gun's I sold for 3-5X normal price....HAHA just kidding.

Glad I saved a brick or two of 22LR. Took my daughter to outdoor 22LR rifle range, completely empty, nice high 71F day she's out to 50 yards with irons about 4" with 15/20. We're going to try 50 and then 100 next time.

SteveL
09-19-20, 20:52
I think it varies by region, and even more so by store. The local shop I used to work at didn't raise prices on anything except ammo, but that's only because they're having to pay more for it. There are less guns than usual, particularly in 9mm, but there are still plenty of guns to be had at good prices.

Slater
09-19-20, 21:57
G17 Gen 5's at the local CAL Ranch store are $539. Heck, I think new production SIG P210's are $1300-1500 (depending on version).

Arik
09-19-20, 23:18
I've avoided gun stores since early March. Maybe stopped in 4 times. Today I drove buy early morning and decided to stop in. Almost no new guns. A few Rex1 or whatever that Slovenian Sig lookalike is. One Colt 1911 and a few revolvers. Used case had about 2 dozen Glocks. All used and mixture of G17 g4 and G22/23 from California prisons. The 17s I believe were $450 and the 40sw were a little bit less. Also about a dozen new Colt 6920 for $1200

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

hotrodder636
09-20-20, 00:03
Crap, I should be able to sell my WC Brig Tac for like 4000 under this type of pricing! Anyone interested? I will give you a DEAL

I was wondering what other people's observations have been during this strange period of time. My local gun range received 5 Glock 19's Gen5 yesterday. They were priced at $1375.00. Two were left by the end of the day. The other two were sold this morning.

Rob96
09-20-20, 04:20
One shop has Glock 19's for $850 and Ruger 5-7's forwell over $1k.

Arik
09-20-20, 08:58
Here's what one LGS had on their FB page within the last month or so. None of these guns I was ever interested in so I don't know if the prices are high but they don't seem to be

Ruger Security 9 $379
SA XDM 9 comp $565
Kahr CW45 $369, CM9 $399
IWI Massada $465
IWI Jericho $519
CZ P07 $549
SA XD-S mod2 blued $479. Stainless $519
M1A Socom $1749
ATI Galil clone $1149
AK-USA KP9 $1049
Taurus Judge $399
LCP 380 $279
AK Hellpup 762 pistol $649
PPQ Q5 match $799
SA XDM Elite 9 compact $549

Police trade in Glocks.
G23 $389. G21 $399. G22 $379. G17 $419. All come with 2 mags. Many seem to have been just extra gun and a few looked like they had a bit of holster wear. The LA prisons G22 were all like new still with the orange shipping grease

Micro Roni deal used G17 gen4 and Micro Roni stock for $600

scooter22
09-20-20, 09:11
My LGS got a shipment of various Glocks 2 weeks ago. All normal prices. Ammo however is another story.

Gen 5 19 MOS on GB for ~$750 all day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Send it...
09-20-20, 09:16
Grabbed a 19 off Sportsman’s for 499 and think it was a fair price. A $1300 glock seems foolish. It seems like the deals can still be found, but you have to be patient and move quickly when found.

Gary1911A1
09-20-20, 09:16
I think the handgun selling is slowing down around here due to lack of ammo. My local Rural King got some Geco 9MM TMJ in this pass week at $13.99. They limit purchases to one 50 round box and it was all gone in a few hours.

Eurodriver
09-20-20, 10:21
I wonder if all the people who bought “just as good as” M&Ps are fetching the same money for them?

flenna
09-20-20, 10:28
I stopped in GT Distributors last week and they had probably 20 used G21's, G3 and G4, priced from $369-$429. They looked to be in really nice shape with several showing no wear at all. I would have picked one up but I am working on another project......

G woody
09-20-20, 10:32
Anyone dumb enough to pay $1350 for a Glock deserves to pay $1350 for a glock.

AMEN !!!

hextall
09-20-20, 10:45
I just grabbed a glock G45 for $554.00 including shipping through Asylum Weapons. I thought that was a decent price!

pag23
09-20-20, 17:52
I've avoided gun stores since early March. Maybe stopped in 4 times. Today I drove buy early morning and decided to stop in. Almost no new guns. A few Rex1 or whatever that Slovenian Sig lookalike is. One Colt 1911 and a few revolvers. Used case had about 2 dozen Glocks. All used and mixture of G17 g4 and G22/23 from California prisons. The 17s I believe were $450 and the 40sw were a little bit less. Also about a dozen new Colt 6920 for $1200

Ah..the place near Street Rd.....I got 3 of my Sig P series from there..LE turn ins with slight wear. I should have bought one of those stainless P220s they had

Arik
09-20-20, 17:59
Ah..the place near Street Rd.....I got 3 of my Sig P series from there..LE turn ins with slight wear. I should have bought one of those stainless P220s they hadThe Glocks and Colts yes!

I did too. Bought 2 of the 226 at different times. Selling one of the 226s to a co-worker now. And I passed on the 220ST as well!

pag23
09-20-20, 18:06
The Glocks and Colts yes!

I did too. Bought 2 of the 226 at different times. Selling one of the 226s to a co-worker now. And I passed on the 220ST as well!

One of the p226s I traded into Tanners, I still have a P229....

I remember when they use to have M1 Garands at about $100 to $200 a pop

Coal Dragger
09-20-20, 18:34
Thats ridiculous. They wouldn't sell in AZ for those prices. I sold two guns on GB, and didn't get good pricing at all. A VP9 and P320. I think they have surges and I missed the initial pandemic / riot pricing.

Now ammo is another story. Its insane.

PB

Yeah ammo is freaking stupid right now. I’m hunting for a 9mm pistol to campaign in USPSA Carry Optics and probably will end up with a CZ that won’t even get worked up till next year when supply hopefully catches up.

Until then I guess I won’t be doing a lot of shooting, I short on small pistol primers.

Pappabear
09-20-20, 19:07
I was looking recently for a gen5 19. Everyone is out of stock. So i watched some on gunbroker and they were selling around $800. That is not as bad as 1300 but still way too much for a glock. Maybe next year.

Hey pappabear, I am enjoying that p229 legion you sold me

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

That's a bad bad boy. Glad your enjoying it.

PB

Wake27
09-20-20, 19:25

Holy shit. I hadn’t noticed price gouging on guns like has happened with ammo. That’s terrible. I just got a 19.5 MOS with five mags for $500.

rdcwannabe
09-21-20, 08:44
Holy shit. I hadn’t noticed price gouging on guns like has happened with ammo. That’s terrible. I just got a 19.5 MOS with five mags for $500.

With you on this. I've been able to find really decent deals on guns still, but ammo is a perpetual trainwreck. Just earlier today I saw a friend of mine trying hawk his hoarded 9mm ammo for a crazy markup.

Zirk208
09-21-20, 10:34

Was this in a free state, or a state with limited options?

Buncheong
09-22-20, 01:22
Total circus out there right now. Madhouse.

Even if you’re a disciplined saver, a big stash of pesos does little good. Everything the local shops in my area get in is vacuumed up in < 24 hours. No idea who’s doing the buying but there has been no letup.

I’m temporarily out of state for work and the story’s the same outside of AZ: no inventory, everything sells not long after it’s logged in.

On GB the low feedback and (NR) bidders are overpaying for just about everything, no matter how common. Who the heck are these people? $1,500 for a 590A1?

I have some theories but I’ll spare you (I’m usually always wrong, anyway).

Good time to sell for those so inclined. My buying days have come to a stop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idsxgLjGXGI

Coal Dragger
09-22-20, 02:38
Yeah common “commodity” grade guns that are well known brands seem to be beat way inflated.

Already high end higher priced guns seem more or less normal, and available for now.

The panic buyers I think are mostly new gun owners, and this is their first panic buy rodeo. Let’s hope their new found awakening to the reality they’re responsible for their own defense also has them reconsidering their voting habits. Probably too much to ask.

Buncheong
09-22-20, 02:49
All excellent points, my friend.

Very true.

PLCedeno
09-22-20, 06:21
Was this in a free state, or a state with limited options?
New Jersey. Though in an adjoining county im seeing several Glock 19's Gen5 (Blue Label) totally ignored at $450.00. I don't get it.

grizzlyblake
09-22-20, 06:26
It depends on what you're buying. Most of the low-mid range guns and FMJ ammo is ridiculously priced if in stock.

But just last week I bought a blem BCM lower from PA for $340 and a 16" recce upper from BCM for $850, which are the same prices I paid for the same stuff months ago.

Quality rifle ammo isn't bad either. I see Federal LE223T3 for $1.55/rd for sale today, and I paid $1.35/rd for a bunch back in early April.

Aimpoints seem pretty normally available as do Surefire WMLs, Vickers slings, etc. Tenicor ships your holster within 24 hours.

Just from what I've seen XM193 is popping up for about $.50/rd and immediately selling out, while 9mm FMJ is sparse at like $0.70/rd.

Glocks are tough to find too. It's almost like someone is out there equipping an army of irregulars with Glock 19s and Blazer FMJ.....

Arik
09-22-20, 07:00
Said it before. I stopped when outdoor lines start. There is nothing in a gun store i need so bad that I'd be willing to stand in line for! They better be giving out buckets of cash with each gun before you see me in line.

I avoid GunBroker all together. If I can't hold it and physically inspect it I don't need it. And before someone says "want" vs "need" I WANT my money more than some gun on a computer screen!

Having said that..... I've been pretty much done with buying way before covid and lockdowns. I won't pass up a great deal but Im no longer interested in trying new stuff. My last purchase was beginning of the year when I bought a gen5 G17 & 19 to replace my gen3s. And the only reason I replaced then was because glock finally made ambidextrous guns otherwise there was nothing so game changing to warrant spending $1200-ish

Ammo I buy a little at a time when I see a "sale". I pretty much stopped shooting but it's not like I'm sitting with nothing to do. Life goes on and there's plenty to do in day to day life

BoringGuy45
09-22-20, 07:17
I don’t have near the amount of ammo I want, but I live in a tight knit town and we have a good support network.

Circle_10
09-22-20, 07:32
Glocks are tough to find too. It's almost like someone is out there equipping an army of irregulars with Glock 19s and Blazer FMJ.....

I see I’m not the only person who thinks it’s almost like “someone” is doing that.

SomeOtherGuy
09-22-20, 08:22
This is very local/regional. I've been in a number of gun stores in the last 60 days, several of which had Glocks gathering dust at normal retail price. One LE dealer has G17s and G44s in stock. Another retailer has had the same 19X for 2-3 months at $630.
Other brands available as well, calibers and particular models vary.

PB

Chatting with a busy local dealer and trying to sell stuff on GB, I'm seeing that GB is not super hot and only mass-market items (like a S&W AR15) are selling. Rare stuff of more value, priced reasonably, is just sitting. The local dealers are sold out of Glocks and similar mass-market handguns, but still have less common nicer stuff in stock. Watching CDNN there are some deals to be had, but not on things with name recognition among non-gun people.

My take - most of the buying is from people who haven't owned guns before and don't know much about them, so the prole brands are selling and the lesser known isn't.

Arik
09-22-20, 09:19
Chatting with a busy local dealer and trying to sell stuff on GB, I'm seeing that GB is not super hot and only mass-market items (like a S&W AR15) are selling. Rare stuff of more value, priced reasonably, is just sitting. The local dealers are sold out of Glocks and similar mass-market handguns, but still have less common nicer stuff in stock. Watching CDNN there are some deals to be had, but not on things with name recognition among non-gun people.

My take - most of the buying is from people who haven't owned guns before and don't know much about them, so the prole brands are selling and the lesser known isn't.

Not necessarily. How many people here own like a dozen G19 and nothing else? Nothing rare of more value?

hextall
09-22-20, 12:00
I just grabbed a glock G45 for $554.00 including shipping through Asylum Weapons. I thought that was a decent price!

disregard, received an email from them stating sorry there was a "glitch" and they were all sold out...wtf:mad:

Esq.
09-22-20, 12:07
Lol, I just bought a Glock 17 with a threaded TSD barrel for $375.

Nightvisionary
09-22-20, 12:25
I think prices are somewhat regional right now. Things are pretty picked over guns and ammo wise in NW Oregon but there was a Ruger 57 at Cabelas on Sunday for $679. More than I would pay but not outrageous. I have been making out quite well selling certain calibers of ammo and brass online and will have a SIG 556 classic paid off that I bought last month from about a half dozen ammo and brass sales. Other stuff like 40 S&W I can't give away and the brass will end up likely end up in my scrap bucket.

G19A3
09-23-20, 03:37
Is there a EE market for once used 5.56 brass? If so, how much per 1,000 ?

VLODPG
09-23-20, 05:27
That's nuts! I was contemplating selling my old G4 19 so I can get a USP9c. The new prices are in the high 6's locally and they may last a day in the case, same as any decent carry gun. Most are gone within 2-3 hours. The funny one was a guy was looking at a P365 and was thinking on it and said he wanted to think it over, some hints were thrown that he may want to get it now. I was trying to help him out but he said I'll be back tomorrow, I asked again if he was sure. He repeated it and I didn't bother to put it back as I saw a guy 5' away with that look on his face. As soon as the guy said he would wait the other guy said I'll take it!

I did a similar thing last saturday with a customer, she was looking at a S&W 380 EZ but couldn't decide. I asked if she was done with it as another salesman wanted to show it. She decided on it and the other customer said she was going to buy it if the 1st one didnt'!

RUTGERS95
09-23-20, 09:06

where the hell in NJ are you seeing Glocks sell for 1375?

Nightvisionary
09-23-20, 10:07
Is there a EE market for once used 5.56 brass? If so, how much per 1,000 ?

I used to buy brass from Brassman Brass before my range pick ups started to exceed my reloading needs by a big margin. He is out of stock but sells 1K shipped for $79. Gunbroker auction seem to be going for $130 and up for 1K fully processed and ready to load.

Sikiguya
09-23-20, 17:02
So I live in Kenosha county. Before the Blake incident, we had the Covid panic. The Gander near me got hit pretty hard. All that were left were the surplus, FNs, and Higher end Kimber and Sig Pistols. Then the week when the SHTF, literally everything got sold. Even at the local gun shop, they bought everything. I was told for that week, it was like Black Friday open to close. Prices are peaking up. I sold a few from my herds for pretty good returns. Missed out on a few I sold earlier this year. Oh well. Interesting conversation with an employee, he said during that riot week, he had a few guys come in and purchase $1000 handguns because that was the only ones available. Only for their wife to tell them to return it (they were delayed in their background check as everyone were). Guess your lives aren’t worth a few hundred $$$.

Buncheong
09-24-20, 15:06
I was careful to screen the gf before marrying her. I had a friend who got married and then has his new wife tell him “I won’t have guns in the house.” Sold his Glock 19 and now has nothing.

Blows my mind that WI wives would say/do such a thing, as the world around them goes up in flames. S M H

Firefly
09-24-20, 16:13
I was careful to screen the gf before marrying her. I had a friend who got married and then has his new wife tell him “I won’t have guns in the house.” Sold his Glock 19 and now has nothing.

Blows my mind that WI wives would say/do such a thing, as the world around them goes up in flames. S M H

As you get older you will find that a woman who can cook, has her own income, and won’t bother you is better than any nympho.

I tell this to young bloods but they don’t listen.

I have sat several females down, cupped their hands in mine and looked them straight in the eye to say “The anime girls on the internet and Bailey Jay already see to my needs and don’t cost me money. What is it, exactly, that you do here?”

Once upon a time there was a man who had his own house, his own truck, all the guns he wanted, didn’t have to listen to nagging and lived happily ever after

SomeOtherGuy
09-24-20, 16:32
I had a friend who got married and then has his new wife tell him “I won’t have guns in the house.”

Grounds for annulment. Not divorce.

MountainRaven
09-24-20, 16:42

My mother claims to have told my father that there would be no guns in their house.

They’re still married. And there are still guns in the house.

If you say you love someone and aren’t willing to put up with their guns, their dogs and cats, their cars and trucks, or any of their other benign hobbies, you don’t really love them.

Arik
01-24-21, 12:15
4 months since last post.

Picked up new 19X with TLR7 for $655

Averageman
01-24-21, 14:27
Someone was telling me recently that the only thing that is left on the shelf is nice Smith and Colt revolvers.
Damn skinflints and their $600.00 stimulus checks.

Arik
01-24-21, 15:05
Someone was telling me recently that the only thing that is left on the shelf is nice Smith and Colt revolvers.
Damn skinflints and their $600.00 stimulus checks.I stopped in 2 stores. There's plenty just random and you may not find exactly what you want but there's plenty of handguns. You wanted a Glock 19.5 but there's only a 17.4. or you we're looking for a Sig365 but only thing available were S&W Shield 9. You've been saving for that new 226 but could only find Beretta 92...etc..

I stopped in 2 stores and between the two there was plenty of everything, except ammo. One store was selling ammo ONLY with a handgun purchase while the other had a limit of 1 box except 223 and 556. Those had a limit of 2 boxes each

rero360
01-24-21, 18:37
I would love to get my hands on two Glock 43X or 48’s but neither is on the CA roster so even if they were in stock somewhere I couldn’t get them, I want one for me and one for my wife. Might have to go with the Shield, found a place that has them in stock at reasonable prices

JusticeM4
01-25-21, 20:28
Worst time to buy guns n ammo now. Supply and demand, while somewhat not that bad, is seriously driving up prices of Glocks and ammo. Every Glock is $200+ more in my area

And It’s not gonna get better anytime soon..

Edm
01-25-21, 22:34
Still deals out ther. I picked up a G20SF off the used shelf at Classic Firearms for $425 still had the gold grease on it. I doubt it had been shot. Friday I got a G45 Blue Label for $425. Same store. Non BL was over $600 .

Blstr88
01-27-21, 04:47
I saw a brand new Gen 5 G19 yesterday for $595...may go back Thursday and snag that.

I owned a G19 many years ago and didn't care for it but my dad left me his G26 and Ive been shooting it in the yard for a few weeks now and really starting to enjoy it...thinking I'll give G19 another try.

Circle_10
01-27-21, 06:28
I wouldn’t mind getting a second G45 but I’ve already got one, as well as a G17, so I don’t feel like it’s urgent I get one right now and pay a potentially inflated price. I also don’t have the spare cash to just go out and buy a duplicate gun right now anyway.
Despite all the anti-gun BS we’ve probably got coming, realistically I don’t think Glocks are going to be banned in a year, two years, or even four years. Standard capacity mags, maybe. And a gun the size of a G45/17 with a 10rd mag is pretty queer, so I’m trying to stock up on 17rd and 24rd mags currently. I have a few 33s but really they are too long for most practical purposes so I haven’t been trying to get many more of those.