PDA

View Full Version : Militech-1

zero4910
11-11-06, 08:09
I've been looking into a new way to help protect my gun and a TSgt I work with suggested I get this Militech-1. I went to the site and read about it and it looks like it is really good stuff. They have a list of all the people who use it to include SEALs and Special Forces.

I was wondering if anyone else has heard and/or used this on their rifle. I just want to make sure its good before I use it.

http://www.militec-1.com/

For those who haven't heard or used this, read about it in the above link.

C4IGrant
11-11-06, 08:18
I've been looking into a new way to help protect my gun and a TSgt I work with suggested I get this Militech-1. I went to the site and read about it and it looks like it is really good stuff. They have a list of all the people who use it to include SEALs and Special Forces.

I was wondering if anyone else has heard and/or used this on their rifle. I just want to make sure its good before I use it.

http://www.militec-1.com/

For those who haven't heard or used this, read about it in the above link.

I have used it (for years). I think it is ok at best and that there are better options out there (slip 2000). There have been a lot of reports from troops in the sand box that dislike the stuff.

C4

zero4910
11-11-06, 08:27
Does slip 2000 have a site I can visit?

Also, you say that you have used militec for years so it leads me to believe it can't be that bad...

I'm just looking for the best stuff to use on my gun; why own a M4 if you're not going to take care of it...

(thanks for the info though! I like to hear/read about people who use it and what they really think :) )

C4IGrant
11-11-06, 08:30
Does slip 2000 have a site I can visit?

Also, you say that you have used militec for years so it leads me to believe it can't be that bad...

I'm just looking for the best stuff to use on my gun; why own a M4 if you're not going to take care of it...

(thanks for the info though! I like to hear/read about people who use it and what they really think :) )

Here is the link: http://www.slip2000.com/

I did use it for years, but at the time it was either that or CLP. It isn't bad stuff, but there is just "better" stuff out there IMHO.

C4

davemcdonald
11-11-06, 09:12
I use it and I like it but on Pat's recommendation I tried Slip 2000. I'm not going to throw away my Militec but I do not see a need to buy any more of it. Slip200 is very effective. Be careful with the Slip2000 Carbon Cutter. That stuff does not smell like an industrial cleaner but it is one. I left a LMT bolt carrier in a cup of Slip2000 Carbon Cutter too long and now it is two-tone. It removed the carbon completely off of the bolt half of the carrier along with the parkerization.

Dave

Patrick Aherne
11-11-06, 16:37
Slip 2000

Logic
11-12-06, 04:09
I've used militech-1 for quite some time and still do. Actually, I'm just finishing what I have left. It's a good lubricant, but not a good protectant. As Grant has stated, there are better stuff out there.

Robb Jensen
11-12-06, 08:40
I use Militec-1 and Slip2000 gun lube both are great. On ARs that I won't use for awhile I'll use a little Militec grease on the carrier rails. I pull the carrier out before using and spray with Rem oil or G96. Enough to were it's dripping off and head to the range.

graffex
11-12-06, 13:07
Which slip2000 products do you guys use/recommend? I see they have a few different lubricants.

Robb Jensen
11-12-06, 13:31
I use the gun lube, the carbon cutter (works really well on bolt carriers/bolts) and the 752 degreaser.