PDA

View Full Version : MAGPUL Misses it's Summer Release Date for the Savage SA Hunter Stock.

Nightvisionary
09-22-20, 12:57
Very disappointing. I just don't get it. Magpul can get stocks out for newer guns like the Ruger American, relatively obscure guns like MP-5's and FAL's and market the hell out of useless overpriced DAKA pouches but has yet to bring a stock to market for arguably the most produced commercial bolt action rifle in America, the Savage short action family of bolt action rifles. Since these were announced at Shot Shot I decided to hold off on chassis purchases for two Savage short action rifles in 7mm and 6.5 Creedmoor.

ggammell
09-22-20, 16:01
I guess your free to buy something else then.

Eurodriver
09-22-20, 18:21
I don’t even look at stuff gun companies announce until it’s on the shelves for this very reason.

SHOT show is now a “Look what we might have for sale in 18 months” show. The whole industry is like this.

Renegade
09-22-20, 18:26
Very disappointing. I just don't get it. Magpul can get stocks out for newer guns like the Ruger American, relatively obscure guns like MP-5's and FAL's and market the hell out of useless overpriced DAKA pouches but has yet to bring a stock to market for arguably the most produced commercial bolt action rifle in America, the Savage short action family of bolt action rifles. Since these were announced at Shot Shot I decided to hold off on chassis purchases for two Savage short action rifles in 7mm and 6.5 Creedmoor.

Yeah, no excuse really.

It is not like there was a world-wide pandemic and businesses and materials suppliers all over the world shut down.

HardToHandle
09-22-20, 21:38
I am upset because Magpul doesn’t have the 9mm Glock Drum Magazine out yet too.
I was thinking about it today - and pondering how much more it will cost to fill now at $1.25/rd than my preferred price point of $.19/rd. $50-some bucks more now.

They do make pretty awesome stuff. I am trying to think of the last dud product I have purchased from Magpul.... Still thinking...

LowSpeed_HighDrag
09-23-20, 02:26
Well, I can certainly see how that would be irritating, but it is a crazy time in the world right now, and it doesn't quite seem fair to besmirch them publicly.

titsonritz
09-23-20, 13:19
Well there's a surprise...not.

Nightvisionary
09-23-20, 15:19
Yeah, no excuse really.

It is not like there was a world-wide pandemic and businesses and materials suppliers all over the world shut down.

Well, I don't know what everyone else has been doing but I haven't missed a day of work during all this. If Bell and Carlson can do it then Magpul shouldn't have a problem. After all Magpul's mission statement is..............“Providing innovation to the individual in the shortest time”

RHINOWSO
09-23-20, 16:01
I love all the non-business owners / product developers pissy about things not coming out on time.

Literally zero clue how it works.

Five_Point_Five_Six
09-23-20, 20:16
Well, I don't know what everyone else has been doing but I haven't missed a day of work during all this.

Well, when you're a voluntary border guard I guess you can go to work whenever you want.

pointblank4445
09-23-20, 21:04
Jesus...what is it with Savage rifle shooters? So poor yet so demanding.

First rule of SHOT show is don't hold your breath for stuff to be released if debuted at SHOT show

Can't say I give 2 hoots about Magpul anything, but can't blame em for maybe not pressing production on that tacti-fudd special to free up more important market issues in the current climate.

Nightvisionary
09-24-20, 08:50
Well, when you're a voluntary border guard I guess you can go to work whenever you want.

I haven't had time for that since April. Been busy working at the hospital. But at least I can say I clocked in for America this year.

Nightvisionary
09-24-20, 08:52
Jesus...what is it with Savage rifle shooters? So poor yet so demanding.

First rule of SHOT show is don't hold your breath for stuff to be released if debuted at SHOT show

Can't say I give 2 hoots about Magpul anything, but can't blame em for maybe not pressing production on that tacti-fudd special to free up more important market issues in the current climate.

Savage shooters don't buy Savage rifle because they are cheaper than Remingtons. They buy them because they shoot better out of the box than Remingtons.:rolleyes: More important market issues? You mean like marketing Daka pouches to Grub Hub drivers?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEP_c7wpHEb/?igshid=18j6hfzrvsu4g&fbclid=IwAR3Xw64VIIHjzl-VaDndd8--t5QGEXVD3bHWcEHYkzUdtKsfipzVXNrssOE

Five_Point_Five_Six
09-24-20, 15:41
I haven't had time for that since April. Been busy working at the hospital. But at least I can say I clocked in for America this year.

Thank you for your service.

WickedWillis
09-24-20, 16:00
Covid has messed with tons of companies in this industry, we need to remember this. I doubt Magpul is different.

Five_Point_Five_Six
09-25-20, 10:35
Covid has messed with tons of companies in this industry, we need to remember this. I doubt Magpul is different.

It's sad but not surprising that people can't figure this out. Also not surprising is how little some people know about manufacturing.

"Well if they weren't too busy making DAKA pouches they could make these stocks" is the same argument from a few years ago "Well if they weren't too busy building a Baja racer they could make PMAGS"

Do people really think the guys building the Baja rig were the PMAG molders? Or the guys making the pouches are the guys making the rifle chassis? They're not Keltec, they don't have one production line and break it down and tool it up every time they need to run a different product.

WickedWillis
09-25-20, 14:27
It's sad but not surprising that people can't figure this out. Also not surprising is how little some people know about manufacturing.

"Well if they weren't too busy making DAKA pouches they could make these stocks" is the same argument from a few years ago "Well if they weren't too busy building a Baja racer they could make PMAGS"

Do people really think the guys building the Baja rig were the PMAG molders? Or the guys making the pouches are the guys making the rifle chassis? They're not Keltec, they don't have one production line and break it down and tool it up every time they need to run a different product.

Yep, completely agree.

The_War_Wagon
09-25-20, 15:15
If they're working on anything OTHER than PMags these days, I'LL be amazed. :eek:

JWill1776
09-25-20, 15:25
What is with people whining and complaining as if this is not 2020 and everything that has resulted from it?

Come on people, get a grip and a clue.

SeriousStudent
09-25-20, 15:44
This has run its course.