PDA

View Full Version : Florida- Protestors/rioters not gonna like this

Lacos
09-22-20, 13:38
This should help. Hope it spreads

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/desantis-proposes-law-cracking-down-on-looters-violent-protesters-antifa-types

Sam
09-22-20, 13:48
Sounds good but first they have to catch the cockroaches, then prosecute and convict before they are sent to the slammer.

Diamondback
09-22-20, 14:03
Also, isn't gonna mean crap if the bill can't be introduced til March when the Big Show starts sometime between now and November. At that point a big chunk of the damage will already be done...

Hank6046
09-22-20, 14:27
I saw this a day or so ago. I believe Andy Ngo mentioned it, and everyone else on in the twitter echo chamber went crazy saying that this prohibits the 1st Amendment, which it obviously doesn't. I hope more states take a look at this and adopt something similar.

titsonritz
09-22-20, 14:31
There are already laws in place, use them.

TAZ
09-22-20, 15:35

I’m thinking that aside from some stuff that nay have been missed in previous laws, it’s already illegal to assault police, loot a store, set buildings on fire, shoot business owners...

Hard for me to take folks seriously who chose to not use existing tools to their Dulles then go demanding more tools. Maybe they should pass a law making it illegal to stand police down. Or make it illegal to drop gun charges....

Diamondback
09-22-20, 16:03
Problem is, you can't compel a DA to charge, especially one elected by the Thug Vote.

jsbhike
09-22-20, 17:24

Exactly. I always suspect there is some screw over for the general public embedded in stuff like this.

Diamondback
09-22-20, 17:51
Exactly. I always suspect there is some screw over for the general public embedded in stuff like this.

For good reason, look what they used 9/11 as a excuse to ram through in that Trojan horse called the Patriot Act.

SteyrAUG
09-22-20, 18:51

Problem is, you can't compel a DA to charge, especially one elected by the Thug Vote.

Sadly, this. New laws won't really mean jack. They can decide not to enforce those as well and the DA can simply decide not to prosecute if somebody is arrested if those laws are enforced.

If they want to get you, they have the tools to do so already.

If they want to let you riot like it's 1999, they can do that too.

Gabriel556
09-22-20, 21:41
Posted this in the election thread too but this might help the “protestors” future.
https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/billionaire-mike-bloomberg-raises-millions-to-help-florida-felons-vote.amp?taid=5f6a7768c736410001e16ed6&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Adrenaline_6
09-23-20, 09:03
The difference here though is that these new laws will enable the state to withdraw funding from areas that refuse to prosecute and enforce these laws. Money always talks.

glocktogo
09-23-20, 09:42
The difference here though is that these new laws will enable the state to withdraw funding from areas that refuse to prosecute and enforce these laws. Money always talks.

This is where its at. When they can't pay their bills and the state/feds refuse to bail them out, something might give. As it is that's not gonna happen.