PDA

View Full Version : Charging handle gets stuck update

Jev
09-23-20, 20:39
I have a BCM AR blackout 16”. Fired around 100 rounds this weekend performed flawlessly. Get it home and clean it now the charging handle won’t pull back. Never had this issue with any other AR. I can get it back but the latch I think is getting stuck. 4x4 Ambi charging handle. I can get it back to test fire and it’s fine then it gets stuck again? It’s hanging on that little latch.. My other Bravos don’t have that latch. I’m kinda lost any help would be great.

It’s the charging handle, BCM is sending me a new one. It’s not bent but the latch isn’t releasing when I’m trying to pull it back.

Jev
09-23-20, 22:32
Pretty sure it’s the latch on the charging handle anyone have similar issues?

Jev
09-28-20, 20:55
Got a new charging handle. It’s bottoming out on my lower when I pull it from certain positions. Any ideas on how to fix that? Don’t want to file anything on a brand new gun.

Disciple
09-28-20, 21:00
Post photos.

Jev
09-28-20, 21:15
Here’s a pic, really odd.

ggammell
09-29-20, 06:14
Post photos.

This. But in focus.

bamashooter
09-29-20, 07:04
If it doesn't do it with another lower, return the lower for an in-spec one. You could also try another upper with that lower. Otherwise, it's likely that particular height dimension of the upper.

GHMann
10-03-20, 09:05
It’s the charging handle, BCM is sending me a new one. It’s not bent but the latch isn’t releasing when I’m trying to pull it back.
Let us know if that fixes it.

Jev
10-04-20, 20:30
It didn’t. Emailed BCM asked me if I wanted to send it back to them, wasn’t really thrilled with that. They made it easy emailed me ups 2nd day air said they would turn it in 2or 3 days once received. Better safe with a brand new gun then sorry.