PDA

View Full Version : Swarm approach to warefare

Phillygunguy
09-26-20, 10:28
Interesting and lengthy written piece on how the left has been using "Swarm" tactics during every" mostly peaceful" protest.
Mentions tactics used against police, during the columbus statue protest, and others including ideas from protests in Hong Kong. I expect these tactics will be amped up the closer we get to November. I'm just a regular guy but I thought this would be very useful.
https://illwilleditions.com/the-swarm-approach-to-warfare-an-introduction-for-frontliners/?fbclid=IwAR1U7-M7zLiu2WIbZj5ZMaUQotR-2V3Hpvsej1twVzMpTj0bGNhBqdu5Zeg

Firefly
09-26-20, 10:44
And people used to think I was crazy for having a couple Surefires and now people can’t buy them fast enough

09-26-20, 11:03
And people used to think I was crazy for having a couple Surefires and now people can’t buy them fast enough
Modlight brah. Its better than Mr Pibb.

Firefly
09-26-20, 11:10
Modlight brah. Its better than Mr Pibb.

I meant the magazines though

09-26-20, 11:28

Ooohhhhhh. I forgot about those.

AndyLate
09-26-20, 12:33
I was honestly wondering who said FF is crazy for buying a bunch of flashlights.

Andy

flenna
09-26-20, 12:42
It wouldn’t be to difficult to build one of these and make it percussion cap fired; being muzzle loaded it would be perfectly legal. Park a couple in your driveway for that special social occasion.

Disciple
09-26-20, 12:42

I was thinking suppressors.

markm
09-26-20, 13:50

My Surefire 60 has been called up from the sidelines. I've been running a little ammo through it to make sure it's still trouble free.

hotrodder636
09-26-20, 14:13
Bigger bore and filled with grapeshot

It wouldn’t be to difficult to build one of these and make it percussion cap fired; being muzzle loaded it would be perfectly legal. Park a couple in your driveway for that special social occasion.

hotrodder636
09-26-20, 14:15
My SF-60s are not reliable. I have very early versions and the spring gets hung up on the spring guide. I even took them apart and found a burr of sorts on the piece, which I sanded smooth to remedy the hang ups—that was not successful. My Magpul D60s on the other hand...very nice.

My Surefire 60 has been called up from the sidelines. I've been running a little ammo through it to make sure it's still trouble free.

markm
09-26-20, 14:54
My SF-60s are not reliable. I have very early versions and the spring gets hung up on the spring guide. I even took them apart and found a burr of sorts on the piece, which I sanded smooth to remedy the hang ups—that was not successful. My Magpul D60s on the other hand...very nice.

That freaks me out. I've shot a 50 plus round load up like 5-7 times with no problems. I still have another in the wrapper.

Wake27
09-26-20, 15:25
D60s are definitely the way to go when you need all the boolets.

Swarming is nothing new, it’s heavily employed when you have numbers but are up against a technically and tactically superior force. You all may remember Iran doing it with their boats within the last year or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vicious_cb
09-26-20, 15:42
Bro, Ive been preparing for the zombie hordes since I saw Dawn of the Dead in the early 2000's. And you think some "swarming" is gonna faze me.

flenna
09-26-20, 15:50
Bigger bore and filled with grapeshot

That would be ideal but .50 or .54 caliber barrels and number 10 caps are ubiquitous.

flenna
09-26-20, 16:04
Bro, Ive been preparing for the zombie hordes since I saw Dawn of the Dead in the early 2000's. And you think some "swarming" is gonna faze me.

You know, when I watched that overhead video posted elsewhere of the Prius getting swarmed and chased the first thing I thought was that it looked like a zombie apocalypse movie.

Corse
09-26-20, 16:07
That freaks me out. I've shot a 50 plus round load up like 5-7 times with no problems. I still have another in the wrapper.

I’ve got a couple also and so far trouble free, unless you drop them.

The_War_Wagon
09-26-20, 16:19
So we've finally found a use for the Beta C-Mag, then? :rolleyes:

09-26-20, 16:35
So we've finally found a use for the Beta C-Mag, then? :rolleyes:

Really, this is what 240’s are for, but FF hasn’t bought me one yet.

Firefly
09-26-20, 16:45
Really, this is what 240’s are for, but FF hasn’t bought me one yet.

Lol what makes you think I have access to 240s?

Per the SF-60, mine work. I wouldn’t exactly say they are foolproof but mine are okay. Still keep normal magazines on hand. But if you need an impromptu crowd pleaser....

Haven’t gotten a schmeisser mag yet but heard good things. FWIW. I only have two Surefires. I got them like 5 years ago? Maybe a little longer.

Don’t have a D60 but they work. Would probably invest more in those.

I don’t exactly want to turn my carbine into an impromptu SAW but like I don’t need to get swarmed either.

rero360
09-26-20, 16:50

When we here in CA had freedom week last year I purchased a D60 and D50. I have about a hundred 30 rounders but wanted the drums just as a F-U to CA

Travelingchild
09-26-20, 18:32

nope this

https://www.militarytrader.com/military-vehicles/military-vehicles-spotlight-m50-ontos

09-26-20, 18:40
Lol what makes you think I have access to 240s?

Didn’t you say that when you get elected there will be 240’s and crucifixions?

SteyrAUG
09-27-20, 00:03

Belt fed for the win. Nothing suppresses "flash mob crowd" better than unlimited .308 at 820 rpms.

yoni
09-27-20, 04:33
I have been through 2 intifadas and an African civil war.

Swarm, was the name of the game in those places.

I will keep my 30 round mags, the truth is when you start dropping people at the front of the mob, thay all remember they need to be someplace else.

If you are suppressed and covert, even better results.

Evel Baldgui
09-27-20, 08:12
On the mag comments, I had two SF-60"s when they were initially introduced, neither worked well, so they were tossed away. They were replaced with a dozen 40rd magpuls which haven't had an issue, ever.

Alex V
09-27-20, 08:22
First thing I did when I got to a free state was order a D60. Picked up another one when people started freaking out about the China virus along with a D50.

Wake27
09-27-20, 08:52
I have been through 2 intifadas and an African civil war.

Swarm, was the name of the game in those places.

I will keep my 30 round mags, the truth is when you start dropping people at the front of the mob, thay all remember they need to be someplace else.

If you are suppressed and covert, even better results.

We did see that play out relatively clearly in Kenosha. Dude dispersed a whole mob with three rounds.

jsbhike
09-27-20, 09:25
, the truth is when you start dropping people at the front of the mob, thay all remember they need to be someplace else.

I recall reading about a discussion on being armed for a riot and one of the people involved was from South Africa(may have been Louis Awerbuck) said a .357 revolver and maybe a reload or 2. The logic used was because after the first few shot the rest would scatter, butif that didn't happen you were SOL and more ammo wasn't going to stop that.

Also, isn't this just human wave attacks under a new name? Maybe with more communication equipment, but this is still centrally commanded from a safe location with massive numbers of cannon fodder sent out to attack.

Averageman
09-27-20, 09:27
The whole debate is a moot point.
For hundreds of years, Large Rioting Crowds bent on Burning and Looting were met with armed resistance. We did that because it worked and it worked because the pay off for not doing the Burning, Looting and Murder was that you didn't die that night.
Well, we are now modern and more gentile and well mannered. We will of course eventually come to the same conclusion as stated above, but unfortunately a bit later in the game.
One of the great things about White Americans is that they are generally peaceful and hardworking, but once you get them to accept violence as a tool, they embrace it and hold it dear and go about it in an assembly line matter.
So BLM and Antifa, just haven't broken the shell of community and civility that your average WASP lives in yet.
The change will be like going from Pepper Spray to Belt Feds and it will happen in the blink of an eye.
Ramping it back down, well that's going to be another matter.