PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable, dumb cleaning mistake - kills friend

ShipWreck
10-02-20, 11:54
Wow - just wow... https://i.imgur.com/TsTCl8M.gifhttps://i.imgur.com/TsTCl8M.gifhttps://i.imgur.com/TsTCl8M.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9Z1fm-wVJU&feature=emb_logo

How careless must you be...

Averageman
10-02-20, 12:08
Wow - just wow... https://i.imgur.com/TsTCl8M.gifhttps://i.imgur.com/TsTCl8M.gifhttps://i.imgur.com/TsTCl8M.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9Z1fm-wVJU&feature=emb_logo

How careless must you be...

If you don't respect the gun, the gun will kill someone. They don't care, they are a machine, 1+1 will always equal 2 in these cases.

I remember an E-6 and an E-5 on guard duty counting rounds and inspecting weapons for change of shift. Top pulled up with breakfast just as the pistol fired. He came in, saw the hole in the wall and ordered the guards outside to eat.
We heard the hell break loose, then saw the E-6 and E-5 both with knots on their foreheads and a picture was moved to cover the hole in the wall.
Later that day the E-6's Wife had a baby.

Wildcat
10-02-20, 12:57
Negligent use of a firearm, not a gun cleaning mistake.

Both of the men in the video failing to follow the cardinal rules of gun handling.

We had a guy who thought such antics were funny and my boss noticed my reaction to the fool pointing an MP5 at a buddy and pulling the trigger. When my boss asked me about it, I told him what I thought. The (politically connected) fool was not asked to join us after that.

kirkland
10-02-20, 13:04
That's not even just a mistake. Deliberately pointing a gun at someone you don't intend to shoot and then pulling the trigger. Just pure stupidity.

Honu
10-02-20, 16:15
Saw that the other day

Pretty sad for sure but those are the low IQ folks talked about in the other thread ! They exist in any country of course and people do not respect stuff get to complacent

The_War_Wagon
10-02-20, 16:39
I can't get over the number of people who FORGET that;

- ALL guns are loaded
- Keep your boogerhook off the trigger, unless ACTUALLY shooting
- Never cover anything with the muzzle you do not wish destroyed

And finally - who DOESN'T UNLOAD a gun, the moment you pick it up, with the intention of cleaning it?!?! :confused:

WickedWillis
10-02-20, 17:11
This sucked to watch. Hope that guy goes to prison. What the hell was he thinking pointing it directly at him like that?

flenna
10-02-20, 18:04
The level of stupidity sitting in that office was off the charts. Tragic and sad, yes, but totally preventable if they weren't a couple of imbeciles.

ddbtoth
10-02-20, 18:16
This sucked to watch. Hope that guy goes to prison. What the hell was he thinking pointing it directly at him like that?
Looks like they were playing a game, let’s point pistols at each other, Till dumbass loaded his and pulled the trigger. Where was this?

WickedWillis
10-02-20, 18:48
Looks like they were playing a game, let’s point pistols at each other, Till dumbass loaded his and pulled the trigger. Where was this?

Dominican Republic

lowprone
10-02-20, 18:51
Stupid is as stupid does.

SteyrAUG
10-03-20, 00:13
There are only FOUR rules, not 147, not 62, not even 25....FOUR ****ing rules. Hell you could go down to TWO RULES and still prevent 90% of firearm tragedies.

If you cannot recite the four rules on demand you probably shouldn't be allowed to own a firearm. If you cannot observe the four rules of gun safety, you definitely should not be involved in any occupation that requires the use of firearms.

This will sound cold but at least a dumbass with a gun was shot by a dumbass with a gun. Would have been a lot worse if somebody who took the time to learn how to be safe with firearms got shot by one of these dumbasses.

Point your gun at a person and pull the trigger, that isn't accidental. If you trip with a gun and while falling sweep somebody and unintentionally pull the trigger that is accidental. This was criminally negligent, this is like me driving over somebody with my car and explaining "I thought it was in neutral and I was just revving the engine as a joke." Would that keep me out of jail? Probably not.

The only good thing is maybe if this video makes the rounds enough it might jolt a couple idiots out of a dangerous state of complacency.

FromMyColdDeadHand
10-03-20, 01:22
The comments are great. "Why didn't they use two tazers?" So want to reply that if the polarity were reversed it would counteract each other or maybe even supercharge the attack.... ;)

The_War_Wagon
10-03-20, 06:17
BANANA Republic

FIFY. :fie:

ShipWreck
10-03-20, 10:39
Someone I know online found this, (I posted it on another forum too)

By El Nuevo Diario Sunday September 22, 2019

The men handled firearms inside an office.

EL NUEVO DIARIO, SANTIAGO.- A man shot in the chest another individual who is presumed to be his friend while they were cleaning their firearms inside an office, in an event that occurred in the city of Santiago .

According to a preliminary report, the shooter has not been identified, while the deceased was identified as Eduardo Cruz Arias, who worked as a courier in the loan company known as Hernández, in the aforementioned province.

In a video recorded by the security cameras, it can be seen how both men are sitting cleaning the weapons and manipulating them, and at one point Cruz Arias points at his friend without the comb loaded in the weapon.

Dr. Bullseye
10-03-20, 12:50
This is really hard to watch.

MegademiC
10-03-20, 14:35
Not an accident.

If your buddy is working under your car, and you start it, put it in gear, and hit the gas and he dies, its not an accident.

This is why I dont hang out with people who dont respect guns.

The Dumb Gun Collector
10-03-20, 16:29
There but for the grace of God go us all.

MOLON AABE
10-03-20, 17:27

What?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WillBrink
10-03-20, 17:35
Within seconds of starting the vid, you could see it was not a matter of if, but when.

Pappabear
10-03-20, 17:49
Both guys pointed their guns at each other. Just amazing.

PB

SteyrAUG
10-03-20, 20:54

I was 8 years old when I first learned how anyone accidentally kills someone. I was showing a friend of mine a Mauser rifle, I checked it before handing it over because that is how I was taught and before I could do or say anything he lowered it (pointing at me) and while looking down at the rifle pulled the trigger.

After that day, I got it. I understood that even though it was redundant you chamber check ever firearm before handing it over and when receiving...even if it's exactly the same firearm you just handed over seconds ago.

I also learned you can't depend on the muzzle discipline of others and you have to practice defensive gun safety.

SteyrAUG
10-03-20, 20:54
Both guys pointed their guns at each other. Just amazing.

PB

AND both pulled triggers.

gaijin
10-04-20, 20:30
Holy crap, the pups would get effing REAMED and BANISHED for half of that.

SteyrAUG
10-04-20, 21:07
Holy crap, the pups would get effing REAMED and BANISHED for half of that.

My father would have taken ALL of my guns from me if I pulled anything close to that and I was 12.

Dr. Bullseye
10-04-20, 22:52
Is anything happening to the survivor on a legal basis? This is a human tragedy but a HUGE example needs to be made here.

gaijin
10-05-20, 05:11
I’ve watched vid several times.

What I see; jefe seated at desk showing crew “how this works” assembles slide back on frame, inserts mag and smiling at JR. on couch (whom has just dry fired/pointed gun at jefe), points gun at him and pulls trigger.
BANG.

It APPEARS that jefe never cleared chamber when removing slide from frame?!?
In other words, chamber was HOT when jefe removed, then replaced slide?

Correct me if I’m missing something.

johnnyrem
10-05-20, 07:21
He released the slide after inserting magazine. Bang.

You missed the releasing the slide part, I think.

gaijin
10-05-20, 07:30
Just watched on computer- larger screen. You are correct, thanks.
The resolution is poor on vid and on my phone could not see slide was locked back.