PDA

View Full Version : Surefire warcomp so com rc2 tightness

chamber143
10-07-20, 20:38
I have had a socom brake on a rifle for a while and the rc2 has been on that rifle. I bought a warcomp to put on another rifle so the rc2 can be shot on different rifles, but the rc2 takes considerable effort to get on the warcomp, whereas with the brake it has always went on relatively easy. Are there tolerance differences with different muzzle devices that can cause this? Has anyone else noticed different figment issues with different surefire muzzle devices?

MegademiC
10-07-20, 21:36
I only use the FH and brake, but both have a sealing ring which, as far as I know, the warcomp doesnt have.
Perhaps that is causing the tightness.
I wouldnt worry as long as it seats without excessive force.

The difference between my brake and fh is noticeable, but neither is loose or requires excessive force. The brake just needs a little more time/wiggling to seat.

chamber143
10-07-20, 22:06
It’s strange because i have a warden that i put on my sbr when not using the suppressor and it fits on the warcomp easy as well. Just not the rc2. Strange

Rogue556
10-07-20, 22:19
I believe the dimensions of the Warden are such that it works on both 5.56 and 7.62 suppressors. I'd venture that's likely why the Warden doesn't seem to have the same issue that the RC2 does.

I actually had a Warcomp (Closed Tine) that was horribly out of spec that I'd ordered straight from Surefire. I could slide the suppressor on but was unable to slide it on far enough to allow the lug on the Warcomp to engage my RC2. It was seriously tight to the point that I didn't even dare try man handling it on. I contacted Surefire and they replaced it no questions asked. Honestly, it was almost as if they had made that specific muzzle device 7.62 diameter by mistake. There was no way it was going on.

I'd contact Surefire.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

TMS951
10-08-20, 09:35
Doesn’t sound right. I’d probably send it back to surefire.

I have almost every surefire muzzle device for my RC2s and don’t have any related issue. Even with carbon build up in the can.

nick84
10-08-20, 15:12
Without further details I would definitely contact SF customer service and get some feedback from them. I have the RC2 in 5.56 and warcomps on several rifles. It detaches, mounts, and shoots with ease on all of them. It is probably my favorite rifle can I own.

El Vaquero
10-08-20, 17:02
Hope it’s not pinned and welded on. I just had a closed tine Warcomp pinned on and thankfully it goes on easily. I’d be uber pissed if had been out of spec. I have two closed tine Warcomp and one plain closed tine. No issues with my RC2 on any of them.

chamber143
10-08-20, 19:58
Hope it’s not pinned and welded on. I just had a closed tine Warcomp pinned on and thankfully it goes on easily. I’d be uber pissed if had been out of spec. I have two closed tine Warcomp and one plain closed tine. No issues with my RC2 on any of them.

No it’s not pin and welded. Maybe i am being a little extreme because it does go on but I have to try and get it on if that makes sense. With the brake there is no resistance at all and it just clicks into place. You can see the warcomp getting scratched up from rubbing while installing. I will call tomorrow and see what’s up. Now next question, how hard is it to remove rocksett

chamber143
10-09-20, 19:06
After calling surefire, they told me without being able to see it, that it is more than likely it is out of spec. They told me that they would be more than happy to have me send it in and replace the warcomp but that it would be more than likely months due to covid. Covid officially sucks. I guess i will keep it for a little and shoot it with out the rc2 because it shoots fine without it. I have an upcoming two day class in two weeks and this will be my back up rifle so i will probably need to not findle **** with it until after the class

El Vaquero
10-09-20, 23:33
Wonder if you hit it with a little sandpaper if that would do the trick. Couldn’t be worse than what’s occurring when you put it on.

Can’t believe Surefire wouldn’t have kept a few around for warranty claims. Covid is the nut kicker.

chamber143
10-10-20, 07:12
I wondered the same thing. What grit would be best? It seems like the more I put it on and off the easier it goes on but it still has some resistance. I would have thought they would have had some put back too, but in reality with everything gun related being almost impossible to find, I can’t hold it against them.