PDA

View Full Version : Need help with this...

ar-15 fanatic
11-30-08, 22:14
i don't know if this is in the correct section, but it does pertain to optics so, if it is in the wrong place, feel free to move it. not like i wouldn't let you anyways, lol!

ok, now for the real story. my zero for any scope is way off from everybody elses! im talking waaaaay off, i'll sight in a scope and whenever my dad, or anybody else for that matter, tries to shoot the same rifle and scope the bullet hits the complete opposite direction! now for everybody else that i know, they pretty much all share the same relative zero. i couldn't even zero one of my scopes because it didn't have enough windage adjustments!!! My dad says im cross eyed (i'm not), and my mom thinks i have a double focal point or something like that, she doesn't know what she is talking about, lol . and i even checked to make sure i was using my dominant eye, i was using the right eye (which is my dominant) for all my shooting. it only does that for scopes though, iron sights is perfectly fine. but i dont always want to use irons. but if there is absolutly no way to fix this eye thing then i will probably just sell my Bushmaster carbine and build an M16A4 clone w/o the ACOG.

so my question is: does anyone out there have the same problem? if you do/did what did you do to fix it or at least make it a little better?

i REALLY need this question answered! even if you guys could give me a link to somewhere that deals with this type of problem it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Michael