PDA

View Full Version : 0330 Shootout At My Door This Morning..

Straight Shooter
10-11-20, 09:04
As I tell people often- stuff can happen anytime/anyplace.
This was proven to me- I didnt NEED it to be- again this morning about 0330.
Was suddenly off work at the last minute last night, so my sleep pattern was off, and I found myself up at 0230.
Was on the interwebs, when I heard very faint sounds of firecrackers, I thought. A LOT of them.
So, I cut off the lights, and stepped out into the darkness with my G19 in hand...to hear more of what I now knew was gunfire.
At least 30 rounds. So, to my right, which was blocked from view from a wall I was behind, came two screaming vehicles up the hill, right past me 20 yards or so from where I was standing, and boy were they lightin each other up. Happened so fast they were here and gone in seconds. I hear them leave my area going towards the main street, away.
I just went out looking for shell casings, which were all over my street. Found .40 cal brass. looked to be fired from a Glock, and a nine, that has the oddest firing pin mark I have EVER seen in my life. Also- the casing is ripped & dented inward, like it malfed REALLY bad or something. Hi-Point, maybe? I know the urban yoots favor those, the little scamps.
Anyway- I called the po-po..took 8-9 rings to pickup..told them what happened..aint saw a cop car or heard nothing else.
Oh-also found where they had apparently hit one another, because a bumper and two plastic hub caps and other debris are lying in the street just down from me. Ive not seen a thing on FB or the news here about it. I was probably the only one to see it. I heard a total of about 40-50 rounds in all fired. In a apt. complex. These goblins care not a thing about innocent life.
Im not in"the hood" by no means, but there are "hood elements" that live here..but they coulda just been tryin to shake whoever was shootin by coming thru here maybe. If a car was passing by the other way they were going,they woulda got hit- I heard bullets hitting the lead car as it was.
So- thats my interesting story for the day & the moral is: STAY STRAPPED OR GET CLAPPED.
ALSO: anyone here in Huntsville, if you happen to hear anything on this, PM me lease.

john armond
10-11-20, 10:12
A couple days ago there was an armed robbery attempt directly across the street from my house. News crew set up right outside my front window on the other side of the street to cover it. My house is literally five doors from NC State. My wife was in disbelief that something could happen here. Maybe now she might understand why I have a new “jogging gun” that I just upgraded from my previous J-Frame. It’s not that she doesn’t know bad things happen, it’s just that she doesn’t seem to believe that they can happen around her.

Straight Shooter
10-11-20, 10:13
A couple days ago there was an armed robbery attempt directly across the street from my house. News crew set up right outside my front window on the other side of the street to cover it. My house is literally five doors from NC State. My wife was in disbelief that something could happen here. Maybe now she might understand why I have a new “jogging gun” that I just upgraded from my previous J-Frame. It’s not that she doesn’t know bad things happen, it’s just that she doesn’t seem to believe that they can happen around her.

That, in a nutshell, is most peoples problems, and what I get mad at the most.

john armond
10-11-20, 10:17
I’ve been in LE since 1996, both local and federal. She is a liberal with a we should all get along and peace/justice for everyone attitude. We get along great, have together for about 15 years. She understands there is evil in the world, she just can’t comprehend or come to grips with it.

ETA, when there were toppling statues 2.2 miles from our house (I know the exact distance because it was a jogging route for me), I was making getaway plans. Her response was “they won’t come here.”

It hasn’t happened yet, but the election hasn’t happened either.

Averageman
10-11-20, 10:19
Sounds like someone followed someone else home in hopes of catching them unguarded, tired/intoxicated and in the open.

john armond
10-11-20, 10:27
Sounds like someone followed someone else home in hopes of catching them unguarded, tired/intoxicated and in the open.

I was a cop on a large college campus for about 2 years. Worst police job I ever had. You would be amazed at the stupidity of the students. Someone could literally be let into any dorm, because the students would pretty much let anyone in who said they didn’t have their key card, and once inside the dorm, I would say about 80% of the room doors were open or unlocked, day or night, with or without anyone in them. Even had one student who had all her high end jewelry stolen told me they don’t lock the door when they are out of their room in case she or her roommate forget their key. The jewelry was always left on the dresser next to the cracked open door.

The_War_Wagon
10-11-20, 12:31
Drug dealers (one on foot, pursued by a carload of others), shot up my block back around Easter - as a nice old home across the street and 3 doors up, has been converted to a Section 8 crackhouse :mad: ).

Now NOTICE how the media plays DOWN the scene.

Police investigate after 'evidence of a gun battle' in Brentwood
Share (https://www.wtae.com/article/police-investigate-after-evidence-of-a-gun-battle-in-brentwood/32175485)

WTAE Updated: 3:26 PM EDT Apr 16, 2020

BRENTWOOD, Pa. —

Allegheny County Police are investigating after a reported shooting in Brentwood Borough late Thursday morning.

According to police, officers were called to the 3100 block of Clermont Avenue just after 11:15 a.m. for reports of a shooting.

First responders found evidence of a gun battle on the scene, police said. No victims were located.

A tan-colored sedan occupied by two men was seen leaving the scene.

Police are continuing to investigate.

HERE'S what the neighbor's car looked like, that on-foot-druggie was hiding behind during the shooting.

https://i.ibb.co/K6bWRYj/100-6072.jpghttps://i.ibb.co/S7sN2Kv/100-6067.jpg

Other end of my block.

https://i.ibb.co/pwRGgq8/100-6068.jpg

News crew in the church parking lot beside my house.

https://i.ibb.co/jv0jSJn/100-6064.jpg

Druggies, being the Rhodes Scholars that they are, came BACK to the Section 8 crackhouse overnight, and the SWAT Team woke us ALL up that morning, as they talked him out of the house at the buttcrack of dawn. Media didn't cover THAT.

ALSO didn't cover the SWAT team deployed in my front yard a few years earlier - related to the fine upstanding denizens of the SAME crackhouse. THANKFULLY, I was at church (Sunday morning) at the time, or I'DA come out, kitted up, and asked - "OK boys... where ya' want me?" My heathen neighbors took pictures for us, of what we missed. Soon as I can find 'em, I'll post those, too.

AGAIN - "quite neighborhood" syndrome, all around us. The flag goes up, I believe that crackhouse is gonna be used to "calibrate rifles and confirm zero" - first thing - in this neighborhood.

Sam
10-11-20, 12:37
Straight Shooter,

What was your intent when you stepped out of your house?

chuckman
10-11-20, 12:42

Everyone wants to believe that the State campus area and downtown is this hipster scene, and it is now, but I remember the days when you could buy a dime bag or an 8-ball in the neighborhoods just to the north and east of the campus.

Our last house was in a really nice area of Durham, great neighborhood, but the crime was starting to encroach, and when they built a large, paved, cycling and walking path that bisected the city it was like a freeway for drugs and crime right through my neighborhood. There are no areas in the Triangle where "It can't happen here."

Diamondback
10-11-20, 12:47
This kind of thing frequently has me beating my head against a wall dealing with the Condition Ostrich aging relatives. "Just because it HASN'T happened here doesn't mean it can't or won't... see also Pearl Harbor and 9/11. You can do everything you like to not go looking for trouble, but sometimes IT comes looking for YOU..."

Watch your Six, OP, glad you and yours came out of this OK so far.

Straight Shooter
10-11-20, 13:15
Straight Shooter,

At first..due to a fan running close by..and the shooting being much further away..I thought it to be firecrackers. So, I shut off the lights, grabbed my Glock, and stepped out into pitch black. By the time I had done that, they were much closer, and I knew then it was shooting. My intent was to see wtf was poppin firecrackers at 0330 n the morning. I NEVER confront anyone w/o being armed, with a gun or blade or whatever, because you cant even politely ask some people to do or stop doing anything. Had no "intent" really other than not having empty hands and to protect myself.
Also- STILL no media coverage of this that I can find.

Straight Shooter
10-11-20, 13:20
This kind of thing frequently has me beating my head against a wall dealing with the Condition Ostrich aging relatives. "Just because it HASN'T happened here doesn't mean it can't or won't... see also Pearl Harbor and 9/11. You can do everything you like to not go looking for trouble, but sometimes IT comes looking for YOU..."

Watch your Six, OP, glad you and yours came out of this OK so far.

THANK YOU brother. Im just almost done with preaching & telling people its past time to learn to defend yourselves, kith & kin. Some people literally think Im nuts..and youd NEVER know anything about me if I didnt tell you. I go around GREY MAN as heck. ONLY when asked, or a situation really calls for advice, do I say anything. Tactical Timmy I AINT.
But, there will be a day for them, that theyre gonna wish theyd listened, and I hate for them, but its THEIR OWN DAMNED FAULT.

Sam
10-11-20, 13:27
Gotcha. Fair enough.

turnburglar
10-11-20, 15:23
Straight Shooter,

To get any pesky kids off his lawn....

FromMyColdDeadHand
10-11-20, 17:08
3-4 shootings with in a mile of my place and 2-3 armed robberies that I know of. Wife already looking for houses in the burbs. Natural progression for family age and needs, but the plan is being accelerated. Done with the stupid and the only real thing I see on Next door, is that they took 'crime' out of 'crime and safety' and try to get people not to report the race of the assailants.... I'm assuming the budget cuts will really hit next year and things will get worse.

The good news is that people coming from CA have plenty of cash, and what I consider to be not acceptable living, is way better than what they are coming from. Yeah, rich CA idiots!

I have a ARLO camera pointed away from the house to get a street view so I can see and hear with out having to go outside.

Straight Shooter
10-11-20, 19:13
To get any pesky kids off his lawn....

Something like that.

AndyLate
10-11-20, 22:26
Wow, man, that's messed up. Used to be you had to go looking for trouble in Huntsville. Glad you are ok.

Andy

AnCapMan
10-12-20, 01:43
Pittsburgh under Peduto has turned into an absolute shit show. I live just outside the city a little north of Fox Chapel. I’ll never understand why people vote for that idiot.

SteyrAUG
10-12-20, 02:03
So South Florida was pretty much ground zero for stupid shit looking for a place to happen.

Probably the most interesting one was when two wealthy middle eastern gentlemen arranged a large cash withdraw from a bank that was walking distance from my home. Obviously someone in the bank dimed them out because they were met in the parking lot by two homies with guns, but hadji dudes also had guns and this resulted in a 2pm shootout in bank parking lot on Federal Hwy.

Nearby car dealerships had lots of rounds incoming through big windows, struggle for cash and hundred dollar bills were suddenly in the wind across 4 lanes of traffic. Despite the still ongoing gun fire, people were stopping their cars to chase 100 dollar bills.

I first knew something was up when suddenly there were two or three units at every intersection in my neighborhood and obvious X rays rolling through. And in no time at all we had not one but two air units which were later joined by a couple news helos.

By the time LEOs were going through on foot I was on my back bench with a 6920 and a stack of mags. I asked how many and what are they wearing and he actually gave me a brief description and continued to me through.

Sadly bad guys with bags of cash didn't come running past my yard, they got them many hours later hiding behind a day care that was two and a half blocks from my home.

Happened here simply because this is the direction criminals ran. That's all it takes, no such thing as a "can't happen here" neighborhood.

AndyLate
10-12-20, 06:36
Happened here simply because this is the direction criminals ran. That's all it takes, no such thing as a "can't happen here" neighborhood.

We had a drive by shooting targeting the house on the other side in the street in a quiet suburb not far from OP. The owner's grandkids lived with her and a granddaughter was dating some thug chick's ex who decided shooting up their house at 2 a.m. would get her boyfriend back. Luckily no one was hit in the neighbors house.

The Grandmother who owned the house was a wonderful person but I think everyone on the street cheered the moving truck pulling up to her house.

Andy

Straight Shooter
10-12-20, 06:48
Wow, man, that's messed up. Used to be you had to go looking for trouble in Huntsville. Glad you are ok.

Andy

You are 100% correct- we've been lucky here to not have the riots and all the crap going on elsewhere, and Huntsville has always been relatively safe all my life. But, somethings happened-and I dont know what- in the last 5 years or so. And, like this shootout the other night- Im finding out A LOT doesnt make it into the news here. We have had a murder a day for about a week now I think. I always go armed and avoid several places & areas.

AndyLate
10-12-20, 07:03
But, somethings happened-and I dont know what- in the last 5 years or so. And, like this shootout the other night- Im finding out A LOT doesnt make it into the news here.

Part economic success and growth (Huntsville is about to surpass Birmingham in population) and partly due to the Army Material Command moving from Saint Lewis Mo. There are also many more people from countries to the south living here. I don't spend much time in Huntsville at night.

Andy

Arik
10-12-20, 07:24
I'm gonna catch shit for this but I'll say it.

It's not an Ostrich syndrome, you simply have to know your area. Anything can happen anywhere.... yes true. But what are the chances of it happening? Where I live there is no "good part" or "good street". It's all good. In 30 years I can think of maybe 5 or 6 murders with majority being a family matter, murder suicide deals. One happened right off my street a few years ago, right as I was turning the corner with my dog. I thought it was a firecracker because it was right after July 4th. Turned out to be a love triangle gone bad. The only murder I can think of that wasn't sex/family related was back around 1999. In broad daylight in a busy shopping center with plenty of witnesses. Man casually walks up to a parked car and puts one round through the driver side window killing the driver. Man then casually walk back to his car and drives away like nothing ever happened. Was never caught. Description was .....short balding guy with glasses. Also sounded like George Costanza to me!

Theres no criminal element here unless they're on Wall Street running a ponzi scam. Maybe a doctor scamming insurance companies. I have better chance of being run over by a soccer mom in her Tesla than ever seeing shady shit going down.

Again, this doesn't mean it can't but having a high-speed shootout here would be about same odds as having a meteor impact here. Can happen and eventually probably would but....

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

sundance435
10-12-20, 14:24
It’s not that she doesn’t know bad things happen, it’s just that she doesn’t seem to believe that they can happen around her.

This ^ That's the problem with 90% of people I know. I've gotten plenty of eyerolls from friends, but it's never stopped me from being at least minimally prepared.

Straight Shooter
10-12-20, 16:33
Part economic success and growth (Huntsville is about to surpass Birmingham in population) and partly due to the Army Material Command moving from Saint Lewis Mo. There are also many more people from countries to the south living here. I don't spend much time in Huntsville at night.

Andy

Did NOT know we were about to go past B-ham..wow. I did figure the Arsenal explosion of late might contribute.

SteyrAUG
10-12-20, 16:56
I'm gonna catch shit for this but I'll say it.

It's not an Ostrich syndrome, you simply have to know your area. Anything can happen anywhere.... yes true. But what are the chances of it happening? Where I live there is no "good part" or "good street". It's all good. In 30 years I can think of maybe 5 or 6 murders with majority being a family matter, murder suicide deals. One happened right off my street a few years ago, right as I was turning the corner with my dog. I thought it was a firecracker because it was right after July 4th. Turned out to be a love triangle gone bad. The only murder I can think of that wasn't sex/family related was back around 1999. In broad daylight in a busy shopping center with plenty of witnesses. Man casually walks up to a parked car and puts one round through the driver side window killing the driver. Man then casually walk back to his car and drives away like nothing ever happened. Was never caught. Description was .....short balding guy with glasses. Also sounded like George Costanza to me!

Theres no criminal element here unless they're on Wall Street running a ponzi scam. Maybe a doctor scamming insurance companies. I have better chance of being run over by a soccer mom in her Tesla than ever seeing shady shit going down.

Again, this doesn't mean it can't but having a high-speed shootout here would be about same odds as having a meteor impact here. Can happen and eventually probably would but....

That's all true until the doctors kid down the street decides he wants to be a banger and deal drugs. When I was in South Florida there was no escape, didn't matter where you lived, somebody somewhere would import their ghetto buddies and they all hung out at the good house.

So you had people living in actual million dollar homes while the SUV next door was bumping the bass at 2am and they were smoking lots of weed. I've seen these retards tag the gates of their gated community.

What's worse, if a family had enough kids, their Section 8 benefit can be higher than was most of us can afford to pay and all it takes is one rental home on your block and suddenly you have ghetto neighbors.

It's one of the bigger reasons I left Florida. I had a pretty nice working class neighborhood when I moved into that house 30+ years ago, when I left I was surrounded by drug addicts and shitbirds. The housing crash had a lot to do with it, but that was hardly the only thing. When I found out my friends in my parents old neighborhood were dealing with exactly the same shit I realized I couldn't win.

Arik
10-12-20, 17:20
That's all true until the doctors kid down the street decides he wants to be a banger and deal drugs. When I was in South Florida there was no escape, didn't matter where you lived, somebody somewhere would import their ghetto buddies and they all hung out at the good house.

So you had people living in actual million dollar homes while the SUV next door was bumping the bass at 2am and they were smoking lots of weed. I've seen these retards tag the gates of their gated community.

What's worse, if a family had enough kids, their Section 8 benefit can be higher than was most of us can afford to pay and all it takes is one rental home on your block and suddenly you have ghetto neighbors.

It's one of the bigger reasons I left Florida. I had a pretty nice working class neighborhood when I moved into that house 30+ years ago, when I left I was surrounded by drug addicts and shitbirds. The housing crash had a lot to do with it, but that was hardly the only thing. When I found out my friends in my parents old neighborhood were dealing with exactly the same shit I realized I couldn't win.

So the ghetto is about an hour away. Not that easy to just stop by. And very few from here hang out there. Cause you gotta hit the highway for about an hour and go through the northern suburbs and 3/4 of the City while avoiding township, state, city and highway patrol cops. All mainly on one road, I95

No section 8 here unless there's something new that allows them to live in McMansions. Almost no apartments here either. I can think of two about 10 minutes north but they're not cheap. No public transportation here either. Closest bus station is going to be a very very long walk. 10 miles or so. This area went from farmland to where money goes in about 30-40 years. Slowly starting in mid 70s and really taking off by late 80s.

pag23
10-12-20, 17:58
So the ghetto is about an hour away. Not that easy to just stop by. And very few from here hang out there. Cause you gotta hit the highway for about an hour and go through the northern suburbs and 3/4 of the City while avoiding township, state, city and highway patrol cops. All mainly on one road, I95

No section 8 here unless there's something new that allows them to live in McMansions. Almost no apartments here either. I can think of two about 10 minutes north but they're not cheap. No public transportation here either. Closest bus station is going to be a very very long walk. 10 miles or so. This area went from farmland to where money goes in about 30-40 years. Slowly starting in mid 70s and really taking off by late 80s.

A lot of meth and other drugs are another...it is just not as visible as the hood...

Heck, they had a major heroin bust in the town about 2-3 miles from me a few years ago...

pag23
10-12-20, 17:58
double post

Bulletdog
10-12-20, 18:43
As I tell people often- stuff can happen anytime/anyplace.
This was proven to me- I didnt NEED it to be- again this morning about 0330.
Was suddenly off work at the last minute last night, so my sleep pattern was off, and I found myself up at 0230.
Was on the interwebs, when I heard very faint sounds of firecrackers, I thought. A LOT of them.
So, I cut off the lights, and stepped out into the darkness with my G19 in hand...to hear more of what I now knew was gunfire.
At least 30 rounds. So, to my right, which was blocked from view from a wall I was behind, came two screaming vehicles up the hill, right past me 20 yards or so from where I was standing, and boy were they lightin each other up. Happened so fast they were here and gone in seconds. I hear them leave my area going towards the main street, away.
I just went out looking for shell casings, which were all over my street. Found .40 cal brass. looked to be fired from a Glock, and a nine, that has the oddest firing pin mark I have EVER seen in my life. Also- the casing is ripped & dented inward, like it malfed REALLY bad or something. Hi-Point, maybe? I know the urban yoots favor those, the little scamps.
Anyway- I called the po-po..took 8-9 rings to pickup..told them what happened..aint saw a cop car or heard nothing else.
Oh-also found where they had apparently hit one another, because a bumper and two plastic hub caps and other debris are lying in the street just down from me. Ive not seen a thing on FB or the news here about it. I was probably the only one to see it. I heard a total of about 40-50 rounds in all fired. In a apt. complex. These goblins care not a thing about innocent life.
Im not in"the hood" by no means, but there are "hood elements" that live here..but they coulda just been tryin to shake whoever was shootin by coming thru here maybe. If a car was passing by the other way they were going,they woulda got hit- I heard bullets hitting the lead car as it was.
So- thats my interesting story for the day & the moral is: STAY STRAPPED OR GET CLAPPED.
ALSO: anyone here in Huntsville, if you happen to hear anything on this, PM me lease.

HA! Sounds like a typical day of my childhood! Add in the ghetto birds with blazing searchlights and some mo fo's running through our yard on foot dodging my dogs on one side of the fence and Johnny Law on the other, and it would be a complete trip down memory lane.

Arik
10-12-20, 19:20
A lot of meth and other drugs are another...it is just not as visible as the hood...

Heck, they had a major heroin bust in the town about 2-3 miles from me a few years ago...How much meth do you figure is in Wrightstown? Newtown? Ivyland? Washingtons Crossing? Doylestown? Buckingham?

Which town?

Drugs are no doubt everywhere, but looking up Newtown stats between 2005 and 2018 there were zero killings, 3 rapes, 6 robberies, 23 assaults. That's just the one town. Nowhere have there been armed robberies, shootings, no homeless people, no thug life, not even graffiti. Also this whole place is very vanilla. How dangerous is it walking down the street in the middle of the night in one towns?

SteyrAUG
10-12-20, 23:02

Not trying to argue or debate, but all it takes is one kid in your neighborhood to start using the hard stuff. I'm glad you live in a mostly safe environment and hope you never have to put up with some of the crap I dealt with in South Florida.