PDA

View Full Version : No more geiselle pistols?

chamber143
10-12-20, 08:03
I see that they have removed their pistols from their site. Is this due to the recent ruling or edict from atf towards Q? You think it is in an effort to avoid having atf come down on them as well? Just curious because i was thinking of trying one of theirs and sbr it but this has me wondering because i have Quite the armory of pistol ar's and can see in the very near future atf banning braces.

everready73
10-12-20, 08:12
They said on their Industry forum on TOS just OOS and hoping to have some before to long. Primary arms had some in stock recently

TexasAggie2005
10-12-20, 08:12
Their response on arfcom about this question;

https://imgur.com/Ie4bwxD.jpg

chamber143
10-12-20, 08:13
They said on their Industry forum on TOS just OOS and hoping to have some before to long. Primary arms had some in stock recently

Yeah i get that but what i am saying is that they are wiped from their site. Not that they are oos. If you google them and click the link to them it is an error page on their site

Wake27
10-12-20, 08:34
Yeah i get that but what i am saying is that they are wiped from their site. Not that they are oos. If you google them and click the link to them it is an error page on their site

That's the case with a lot of their stuff. Most of the URGI and Super Duty uppers aren't even on the site either.

bamashooter
10-12-20, 08:35
Their response is crystal clear. If no more were to be available, this price would be much higher: https://www.primaryarms.com/geissele-automatics-super-duty-pistol-luna-black-10.3

rjacobs
10-12-20, 08:37
The ATF's "issue" is with the brace's, not specifically AR pistols. Sell the pistol with a smooth tube like they were sold FOREVER and its not an issue.

On the AR platform(as Geissele sells), this isnt an issue. On the Q Honey Badger, I dont think this is possible since it(the brace) is built into the collapsible stock setup and the length can be changed. Im not saying Q is in the wrong(I think the ATF is over stepping their bounds), but they pushed the envelope IMO. If you look at the Sig MPX and what not, the brace length cant be changed, just folded(I thought at one time they were offering their collapsible setup with a pistol brace, but I cant find it now, even as an accessory).

Stickman
10-12-20, 10:45
The ATF's "issue" is with the brace's, not specifically AR pistols.

I would argue that the issue is directly with the pistol. This is the start of the proverbial slippery slope. Unless something happens to alter the course of subjective opinions being enforced as law, I don't see AR15 pistols lasting all that long.

chamber143
10-12-20, 10:53
I would argue that the issue is directly with the pistol. This is the start of the proverbial slippery slope. Unless something happens to alter the course of subjective opinions being enforced as law, I don't see AR15 pistols lasting all that long.

This was in my mind the reason for the question. They stated that it was a holistic problem with the Pistol and they went after a small company and not someone like sig. that’s why I was curious if another small company, geiselle, decided to take them off their site until a little more clarification from atf on the matter. Seeing their response on TOS makes me question my question but I do see more companies removing pistols in the interim.

chamber143
10-12-20, 10:57
The ATF's "issue" is with the brace's, not specifically AR pistols. Sell the pistol with a smooth tube like they were sold FOREVER and its not an issue.

On the AR platform(as Geissele sells), this isnt an issue. On the Q Honey Badger, I dont think this is possible since it(the brace) is built into the collapsible stock setup and the length can be changed. Im not saying Q is in the wrong(I think the ATF is over stepping their bounds), but they pushed the envelope IMO. If you look at the Sig MPX and what not, the brace length cant be changed, just folded(I thought at one time they were offering their collapsible setup with a pistol brace, but I cant find it now, even as an accessory).

That’s Kind of the point though. Most companies like geiselle and many others are using the sba3 which can be adjusted. Its just crap that over4 million sba3 have been sold and further down this slippery slope means making all of those worthless or at worse makes over 4 millon Firearms sbr and therefore subject to NFA and or makes you a felon for owning them.

flenna
10-12-20, 11:23
That’s Kind of the point though. Most companies like geiselle and many others are using the sba3 which can be adjusted. Its just crap that over4 million sba3 have been sold and further down this slippery slope means making all of those worthless or at worse makes over 4 millon Firearms sbr and therefore subject to NFA and or makes you a felon for owning them.

Well, Punch Drunk Joe said if he is elected ALL AR’s will become NFA items. Check his campaign website- it’s all there. So maybe the gooberment is getting a head start believing Joe will win.

Stickman
10-12-20, 15:31
This was in my mind the reason for the question. They stated that it was a holistic problem with the Pistol and they went after a small company and not someone like sig.

Personally, I would rather take on SIG than Kevin Brittingham if going to court. They should have done their homework better.