PDA

View Full Version : Different sight pattern styles on pistol red dot sights

yoni
10-15-20, 14:33
Does anyone make a red dot sight for a handgun that has a sight pattern that is like the EO Tech the dot in the circle style?

Also is it non Chinese manufactured?

MWAG19919
10-15-20, 14:55
Does anyone make a red dot sight for a handgun that has a sight pattern that is like the EO Tech the dot in the circle style?

AFAIK it’s just Holosun, who’s Chinese.

yoni
10-15-20, 15:10
That is what I was afraid of.

Pappabear
10-15-20, 16:55
Sig makes one that can be single or eotech ish.

Chino big time.

PB

titsonritz
10-15-20, 17:39

AFAIK its pick one or the other, unfortunately.

georgeib
10-15-20, 18:10
Doesn't Sig make some of the red dots stateside? I think the Romeo 4T.

Twilk73
10-15-20, 20:40
Supersetca on youtube does a review of pistol red dots and they said the holosun ring with center dot was a nice feature but ultimately they turned it off because it was too busy for such a small window. Id have to agree.

The beauty of a red dot is the simplicity of the sight window and the easy transition from one target to the next.

JLP
10-15-20, 21:29
Can I ask why it's important to you and how much you have used dots on pistols? It really is fast and simple if you just look for the dot/dot on target. If you are chasing the sight and co-witness it's best just to leave them off. That was a real problem for me back in the day, until I took off my back-ups and just went with the sight. Once I got used to it, WOW what a difference.

yoni
10-16-20, 03:36
I was among the first to put a red dot on a carry pistol, I have a receipt for a Dr. Optic sold to me in early 2001. I carried it on a Glock 34. That Dr. Optic by the way is still going strong on my son's Glock 17. It was that pistol that I showed a person who later became Mr. red dot of the internet.

I have a friend that is now wanting to put a red dot on his CZ. He has an EO tech on his AR and wanted the same sight pattern on his pistol. I tried to talk him out of it, but after he failed to transition using a RMR, he thinks this dot in a big circle will help him.

I started with no back up Irons, then went with back up irons and now have only a front sight on my CZ's with RMR. This allows the RMR to sit as far back to the rear on the pistol. I use the front sight and window of the RMR like a big ghost ring.

10-16-20, 06:10
Doesn't Sig make some of the red dots stateside? I think the Romeo 4T.

My 4T was made in China.

Esq.
10-16-20, 06:14
I used a Holosun 507c in a Sage Dynamics dot class last month. It worked very well. I used it two weekends ago to earn a Top Shooter coin from Spencer Keepers in his Skills & Drills class....They work....1500 rounds on it so far and no issues.

everready73
10-16-20, 09:23
Is it a I dont want to support China(valid reason) or durability concerns?

If it is durability i think the holosun have proven themselves at this point. If it is F China- not sure of options

AndyLate
10-16-20, 10:53
Edit - sorry, should have read OP more thoroughly.

Andy

yoni
10-16-20, 12:37
I went on youtube and watched the video that was mentioned here.

It really showed that the Holosun with the dot in the circle was not really and huge improvement.

So I shared that with my friend and told him if he would buy Chinese stuff then he should go all the way and vote for Biden. He canceled his order.

JLP
10-16-20, 12:40
I went on youtube and watched the video that was mentioned here.

It really showed that the Holosun with the dot in the circle was not really and huge improvement.

So I shared that with my friend and told him if he would buy Chinese stuff then he should go all the way and vote for Biden. He canceled his order.

WELL DONE SIR!!!

Disciple
10-16-20, 17:12
My 4T was made in China.

My Romeo4DR is marked "Assembled in USA" which is why I bought it.

Pappabear
10-16-20, 17:31
All the parts come from China so....

PB

Disciple
10-16-20, 19:09
All the parts come from China so....

PB

I read that afterward. But even Aimpoint is only "Assembled in Sweden." For some things there appears no alternative.

Biggy
10-16-20, 20:38
I plan on getting two of the new Sig Romeo 2 MRDS when they become available. One for my pistol, and the other to use as a back-up to my LPVO on a Arisaka offset mount. According to the Sig sales rep this new Romeo 2 model reflex sight is made in Wilsonville, Oregon. I *believe* it has a 2 MOA dot reticle and also a circle (65 MOA) dot reticle. I *think* these will be available in the next 1-2 months.

10-16-20, 20:42
I read that afterward. But even Aimpoint is only "Assembled in Sweden." For some things there appears no alternative.
My 4T literally had a sticker that said “made in China”.

titsonritz
10-16-20, 21:39
Here is a break down which includes dot style and country of origin among other info.

https://sageratsafaris.com/micro-red-dot-sights-for-handguns/

Disciple
10-17-20, 13:01
My 4T literally had a sticker that said “made in China”.

I would have returned that, restocking fees not withstanding.

yoni
10-17-20, 18:38
I don't care if products are made in Sweden,Germany, Israel, Viet Nam, etc.

But if it was made in China, I will not buy it.