PDA

View Full Version : NGSW Award Breadcrumb?

Rogue7a
10-16-20, 09:12
Did anyone notice that Sig posted on their site that they are looking to hire CNC Set-Up/Operator, CNC Operator III (2nd & 3rd Shift) at their Exeter, NH location, and are open to paying relocation expenses?

Pretty interesting considering that they didn’t do this when they were awarded the M17/M18 contract and to say this is to handle the commercial market would be odd considering we are weeks away from major elections which could be, depending on the outcome, detrimental to it would lead one to surmise if applying Occam’s Razor logic that they’ve received notification of an award and are bolstering their production ability to handle Full Rate Production.

Things that make you go “hmmm”

jpmuscle
10-16-20, 10:01
Does sig manufacture for other entities both within and outside the firearms industry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RHINOWSO
10-16-20, 10:21
Might just be looking to transition to a new part of the country; or they could need to bump production up for a DoD or FMS contract.

Or both.

mig1nc
10-16-20, 10:45
Didn't they also just open a new plant in Rochester NH?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rogue7a
10-16-20, 11:29
Might just be looking to transition to a new part of the country; or they could need to bump production up for a DoD or FMS contract. Or both.

All positions are at their plant in Exeter, NH.

Rogue7a
10-16-20, 11:30
Didn't they also just open a new plant in Rochester NH?

call_me_ski
10-16-20, 19:05
Sig did announce that they are opening a new manufacturing facility in Rochester NH as well. As for the NGSW. I don’t think this is an indicator one way or the other. Sig has plenty to keep busy these days and are find more and more work NSGW or not.

MountainRaven
10-16-20, 22:05
I'm guessing this is to ramp up production of already existing products that SiG is waaay behind on (most of the LGS's here have guns, but they have few or no SiGs). And possibly to put out a surplus in the event that the Dems sweep the White House and Senate.

RHINOWSO
10-16-20, 22:19
Gotcha, read the OP wrong.

Still, they likely are just expanding. With SIG Germany closed, they may need to up throughput in the USA.