PDA

View Full Version : Where are you guys finding parts for AR builds?

echofiveniner
10-16-20, 10:39
Wondering where everyone is finding parts for AR builds at?

JulyAZ
10-16-20, 10:40
What parts are you looking for?

The only thing I can’t find is ammo, everything else seems to be in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MC_Oper8or
10-16-20, 10:45
Primary Arms, Rainier Arms, Right to Bear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robertsk1
10-16-20, 11:16
Primary Arms, Rainier Arms, Right to Bear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What specific parts though?

I don’t build ARs, however I do buy spares and I easily find parts pretty much everywhere.

ViniVidivici
10-16-20, 11:26
Unbranded AR
Arm or Ally
Brownells
Optics Planet

robbins290
10-16-20, 12:44
I picked up some Windham Weaponry parts, that's I found locally. But it was just some minor springs and such. Not sure what you are looking for.

Esq.
10-16-20, 13:07
If there is something very specific that you want, get on a "Notify in Stock" several places. I haven't found anything these last few months that hasn't been in stock at some point. Now, when it IS in stock, you gotta move fast, but I haven't had a problem yet.

titsonritz
10-16-20, 13:19
Even A5 buffers are in stock everywhere at the moment.

DTMachine2020
10-16-20, 13:23
I am seeing some things for sale here:
https://www.omahaoutdoors.com/ar-15-parts-accessories/ They have some good stuff in here too: https://www.brownells.com/parts/AR-15/index.htm Happy hunting!

titsonritz
10-16-20, 13:25
Primary Arms, Big Tex, Rainier Arms are my usual big guys with Brownell and Midway to a lessor degree these days. Other time I'll go the source such as Geissele, SOLGW, Forward Controls, Centurion Arms, BCM unfortunately SIONICS is hit or miss on availability right now.

titsonritz
10-16-20, 13:30
If there is something very specific that you want, get on a "Notify in Stock" several places. I haven't found anything these last few months that hasn't been in stock at some point. Now, when it IS in stock, you gotta move fast, but I haven't had a problem yet.

The last barrel I got was a 12.5" from Criterion and I was on their "Notify" list same goes for A5H2 and A5H3 buffers which the world seems flush with at the moment, temporarily I'm sure.

maximus83
10-16-20, 14:23
GB isn't bad if looking for something specific. Example: search on 'lpk', you can still find quality name brand LPK's (not many, but watch, they pop up regularly) there amidst all the noise of the mediocre ones.

ETA: for example an DD LPK (https://www.gunbroker.com/item/881131245).

turnburglar
10-17-20, 12:18
Primary Arms has been super fast about shipping lately.

Ive also used Optics planet recently and they where good.

Skrapmetal
10-17-20, 12:45
Primary arms, Brownells, Midwayusa mostly. I did swallow my pride and buy a geissele lpk from Cheaper Than Dirt this week because they were the only place that had one in stock and they weren't gouging for it surprisingly. Also ordered some stuff directly from Bravo Company.

veeklog
10-17-20, 13:48
Quality parts and ammo have been slim pickings this year. The last part I was able to buy was a BCM MCMR 13” hand guard two weeks ago. But I had a BCM 14.5” barrel, BCM upper, BCM Gunfighter, Toolcraft DLC BCG. and KAC rear and front sights already for the build

Stickman
10-17-20, 16:33

My weapon storage area has a dedicated parts section, I also have multiples that are built and torn down as needed to make new configurations.

Build as needed, and restock when prices are low and sales are good. If you wait until crisis time, you can always expect to pay more (or at least more than usual).

DG23
10-19-20, 18:53

In my toolboxes...

They were well stocked when things were plentiful and inexpensive.

Rascally
10-19-20, 21:32
arpartsfinder.com

http://arpartsfinder.com/

ViperTwoSix
10-20-20, 21:02
Primary Arms, Rainier Arms, or direct from the manufacturer if you have something specific you are looking for. White Label Armory may be another option, they are the retail side of DRG manufacturing, which makes OEM parts. Just read the part descriptions carefully, some have very similar descriptions but made from different materials.

Stickman
10-21-20, 11:15
In my toolboxes...

They were well stocked when things were plentiful and inexpensive.

Yup, thats the way to do it. I know guys who hold onto parts just so they can sell them off and recoup parts when things get tight.

markm
10-21-20, 11:27
I know guys who hold onto parts just so they can sell them off and recoup parts when things get tight.

I'm jealous of those guys. Every panic, I think.... surely these morons have learned NOW that panics are silly nonsense.... but then here we go again.

I wish I had a pallet of 9mm ball in my garage.

robbins290
10-21-20, 14:52
I have pretty much enough parts to build a complete rifle. Or so I thought. I needed a disconnector to finish my hunting carbine. Guess that is one part I forgot to keep on hand. Windham weaponry had one and it was delivered in one day. Can not beat that service.

cosmo223
10-21-20, 22:22
JoeBob's, Aimsurplus, Aeroprecision. Honestly, parts and lower parts kits are not that hard to come by. And at approx. $30-40 for a lower parts kit (minus trigger and pistol grip) a prudent person would be wise to have 1-2 in reserve.

Hammer_Man
10-22-20, 12:39
I’ve been sourcing parts from the same places: Brownell’s, Midway USA, Operation Parts, DSG Arms.

JoshNC
10-22-20, 22:06
My weapon storage area has a dedicated parts section, I also have multiples that are built and torn down as needed to make new configurations.

Build as needed, and restock when prices are low and sales are good. If you wait until crisis time, you can always expect to pay more (or at least more than usual).

Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner.