PDA

View Full Version : Obama US Citizen? It''s Dec 1st any word?

dtibbals
12-01-08, 09:33
Well the courts gave him till December 1st to prove he is a US Citizen, anyone heard any updates on this?

Safetyhit
12-01-08, 09:42
I suspect this thread will have only minutes to live...:eek:

dtibbals
12-01-08, 09:43
why is that?

1SFG
12-01-08, 09:47
Probably because you've asked a dumb ass question.

Safetyhit
12-01-08, 09:47
why is that?

Scroll to the bottom. The fate of many an Obama thread. This due to the topic getting a bit beat to death around here.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=22593

dtibbals
12-01-08, 09:49
Probably because you've asked a dumb ass question.

Well I would never think a pending issue in a Supreme Court is a dumb ass question but I guess your welcome to have your own opinion.

Safetyhit
12-01-08, 09:51
Well I would never think a pending issue in a Supreme Court is a dumb ass question but I guess your welcome to have your own opinion.

It's not a dumb question, but if you read here often you will see that rumors (fact or not) about him have been running rampant here. Been deemed as too much, I suppose.

dtibbals
12-01-08, 09:55
It's not a dumb question, but if you read here often you will see that rumors (fact or not) about him have been running rampant here. Been deemed as too much, I suppose.

I am here often but I do not really come here to read "Obama" threads. I was just wondering what the court ruled since today is the dead line. Have not heard anything in the news about it but have been a bit away from the news due to the holiday. I hope you understand that I am not starting a rumor or feeding one, it is a pending issue in the Supreme Court and is documented. Today is the day he was given as a dead line, you would think we would hear something today about it.

Safetyhit
12-01-08, 09:59
Understood. Don't sweat it.

JBnTX
12-01-08, 10:50
I am here often but I do not really come here to read "Obama" threads. I was just wondering what the court ruled since today is the dead line. Have not heard anything in the news about it but have been a bit away from the news due to the holiday. I hope you understand that I am not starting a rumor or feeding one, it is a pending issue in the Supreme Court and is documented. Today is the day he was given as a dead line, you would think we would hear something today about it.

It's a dead issue.

He showed his birth certificate to the people who needed to see it.

There's absolutely no need for him to make it public.

austinN4
12-01-08, 10:58
Response due December 1, 2008 - the day isn't over yet.

http://origin.www.supremecourtus.gov/docket/08-570.htm

Iraqgunz
12-01-08, 11:24
Additionally there is a case that is alleged to be heard on 05 DEC 2008 that began its' life in New Jersey. Here is the link;

http://www.supremecourtus.gov/docket/08a407.htm

Additonally, Alan Keyes and two others have filed suit in California and I understand that the California State Supreme Court is going to hear the case. I read the motion filed and it seemed to really articulate the situation.

JBnTX
12-01-08, 11:35
Well the courts gave him till December 1st to prove he is a US Citizen,....

That's not exactly true.

He has to produce his birth certificate, not prove he's a citizen.

The people who filed the lawsuits have stated he is not
a US citizen and want to see his original birth certificate.

The burden of proof is on them, NOT on Barack Obama!

He has to produce nothing!

Obama is a natural born American citizen.

During the vetting process for the presidential campaign he showed his original birth certificate to the proper authorities.
He would have never been allowed to run for president if there was even the
slightest doubt as to his birth.

HK45
12-01-08, 11:48
If you buy into anything Alan Keyes says you have problems. This "issue" was settled long ago.

Iraqgunz
12-01-08, 12:30
So my next question is if there is no validity to any of this then why is the SCOTUS going to entertain these two issues? Why don't they just say it is a done deal and there is nothing more to be said?

That's not exactly true.

He has to produce his birth certificate, not prove he's a citizen.

The people who filed the lawsuits have stated he is not
a US citizen and want to see his original birth certificate.

The burden of proof is on them, NOT on Barack Obama!

He has to produce nothing!

Obama is a natural born American citizen.

During the vetting process for the presidential campaign he showed his original birth certificate to the proper authorities.
He would have never been allowed to run for president if there was even the
slightest doubt as to his birth.

JBnTX
12-01-08, 13:29
So my next question is if there is no validity to any of this then why is the SCOTUS going to entertain these two issues? Why don't they just say it is a done deal and there is nothing more to be said?

Not everything that goes to the SCOTUS is acted upon. This issue was rejected
before and will be rejected again.

This case is scheduled for a "conference" on 5 Dec 08. A conference is where
the judges decide what cases to hear and what to throw out.

In a previous conference this case was thrown out.
And it will be thrown out again.

This is the United States of America and weather you like Obama or not
is irrelevant. The accusing party has the obligation of proof not the
defendent.

They say he's not an American citizen. Where's their proof?

It's up to them to prove their case, not Obama.

CarlosDJackal
12-01-08, 15:38
It doesn't matter, even if they found proof that he was born in Kenya (or wherever else), the dumbokrats will probably file a suit arguing that since he was born to an American Mother, he should be considered a citizen of these United States and be allowed to serve a POTUS.

So basically, just accept that this scumbag is going to live in the the White House for at least for the next four starting January 20th and make the necessary preparations for the onslaught the US Constitution is going to probably endure. JM2CW.

NoBody
12-01-08, 16:11
Well, this thread has lasted longer than the one on censorship! :D

Safetyhit
12-01-08, 16:29
Well, this thread has lasted longer than the one on censorship! :D

Miraculous, but I still say it won't make it into tomorrow.

:D

NoBody
12-01-08, 16:36
It'll last until Templar log-ons and then it'll be closed. :eek:

TOrrock
12-01-08, 16:52
No more Obama threads.