PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good shoot?

TomMcC
10-17-20, 18:34
This Breitbart story is a bit short on info, but this sounds like a very very shaky call on the part of the authorities.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/10/17/man-allegedly-swings-at-concealed-carry-holder-dies-from-gunshot-wound/

AndyLate
10-17-20, 18:45
Edit - I didn't even read the URL in the link. Just not enough information to evaluate the shooting.

john armond
10-17-20, 19:39
Not sure what was left out, but it sounds like a strong-arm-robbery attempt to me. The fact the suspect laid-in-wait for the victim boosts the victims case as well.

El Vaquero
10-17-20, 19:40
That’s way too brief of an article to explain a shooting and let anyone form an opinion.

TomMcC
10-17-20, 19:48
The media is famously anti gun. They may well be leaving out important information.

Don't think Breitbart is anti-gun. They actually have very positive articles about guns and their use and even articles on the hardware itself.

TomMcC
10-17-20, 19:50
That's what I mean...was it some sort of robbery or was it some dude with a grudge that wanted to punch some guy he had run in with or something else?

The story just tells us that the guy took a swing and the other guy shot him. How was this different than the Colorado shoot. That guy is looking at 2nd murder, this guy got totally cut loose.

Honu
10-17-20, 19:53
YES it was a good shot
The fact the legal authorities said so (not me I am just a forum folk) ! I have to ask why ask forum folks :) authorities “I have spoken”

Also in the article the guy was waiting for him and then exited the car and approached him ? Most likely he was going to ask him to buy some Girl Scout cookies since the dude just came from the ATM and the dead perp knew the guy could not say sorry no cash ! And have to buy his thin mints
Yeah that sounds like a good story to try to blame the shooter for protecting himself

From the article

Spartanburg County Sheriff’s Office Lt. Kevin Bobo said that the sheriff’s office conferred with the solicitor’s office and determined the concealed permit holder’s actions resulted in a “justifiable homicide.”

titsonritz
10-17-20, 19:59
A large part of what constitutes a good shoot is often geographical.

TomMcC
10-17-20, 20:06
A large part of what constitutes a good shoot is often geographical.

That's another variable that crossed my mind. Watch how, why, and who you shoot in Colorado, and not so much in So. Carolina.

sonny22
10-17-20, 21:04
I would have shot his ass too.

AndyLate
10-17-20, 21:09
That's what I mean...was it some sort of robbery or was it some dude with a grudge that wanted to punch some guy he had run in with or something else?

The story just tells us that the guy took a swing and the other guy shot him. How was this different than the Colorado shoot. That guy is looking at 2nd murder, this guy got totally cut loose.

Are you serious? There is zero information in that article but you wish to compare that shooting to a well documented one. Trust me, if Denver could have cut the murdering marxist loose, they would have.

Sounds like a switched on citizen saved the taxpayer a ton of money and future victims pain and suffering. Career criminal I'm guessing, probably out on bail, wanted, or on parole. The world is a better place.

His family will raise a fuss about how he was a gentle giant role model family man in the process of turning his life around.

The shooter will need to pay a lawyer to fight off the wrongful death suit while the family is represented pro bono.

Andy

TomMcC
10-17-20, 21:27
Are you serious? There is zero information in that article but you wish to compare that shooting to a well documented one. Trust me, if Denver could have cut the murdering marxist loose, they would have.

Sounds like a switched on citizen saved the taxpayer a ton of money and future victims pain and suffering. Career criminal I'm guessing, probably out on bail, wanted, or on parole. The world is a better place.

His family will raise a fuss about how he was a gentle giant role model family man in the process of turning his life around.

The shooter will need to pay a lawyer to fight off the wrongful death suit while the family is represented pro bono.

Andy

Not really comparing them in a strict sense because of the lack of info. Just asking questions. Thought maybe someone would have more info.

AndyLate
10-17-20, 21:59
Not really comparing them in a strict sense because of the lack of info. Just asking questions. Thought maybe someone would have more info.

I came across pretty strong, my apologies. There just isn't much to go on in the article.

Andy

Coal Dragger
10-17-20, 22:02
Wow google is hard guys.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wyff4.com/amp/article/shooting-at-spartanburg-qt-convenience-store-that-left-man-dead-ruled-justifiable-solicitor-says/34388457

TomMcC
10-17-20, 22:38
Wow google is hard guys.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wyff4.com/amp/article/shooting-at-spartanburg-qt-convenience-store-that-left-man-dead-ruled-justifiable-solicitor-says/34388457

Honestly, that story wasn't much better than the Breitbart story. Maybe we'll not get the info concerning why Berry was going after the guy, why the police and solicitor considered a gun against fists a justified self defense situation. It seems like a disparity of force situation, but maybe Berry was young and big and the 58 yr old "suspect" was small and weaker. I don't know. Would like to know though.

By the way...thanks for looking that up.

TomMcC
10-17-20, 22:38
I came across pretty strong, my apologies. There just isn't much to go on in the article.

Andy

No sweat Andy.

C-grunt
10-19-20, 10:31
From the article it sounds like the dead guy was following the victim around and waiting to rob him. Victim finishes his business inside the QT and the dead guy initiates the strong armed robbery in the parking lot and the victim shoots him.

TomMcC
10-19-20, 13:49
From the article it sounds like the dead guy was following the victim around and waiting to rob him. Victim finishes his business inside the QT and the dead guy initiates the strong armed robbery in the parking lot and the victim shoots him.

You and the others might be right, it'd be helpful if the police said it was a robbery.

sundance435
10-19-20, 14:05
You and the others might be right, it'd be helpful if the police said it was a robbery.

It is constructively a robbery based on the little information that is known to us and apparently it was also when the solicitor reviewed, otherwise there's no way this doesn't go to a grand jury (South Carolina or not).

C-grunt
10-19-20, 15:11

It doesnt seem that this case is making big headlines. The police aren't going to hold a press conference for a shoot that nobody is covering.