PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Powder Dispensers

drtywk
10-22-20, 14:55
Let's talk electronic powder dispensers. I know the RCBS Chargemaster is the go to for most people, but what are peoples thoughts on the Chargemaster Lite and the Hornady Auto Charge? For me, it will be used primarily for load development in conjunction with my Redding T-7 Turret or Big Boss II Presses. Does anyone have any experience with the new Hornady Auto Charge Pro or the RCBS MatchMaster. The MatchMaster is 2X the price of the Chargemaster and the Hornady Pro, even after the LE/MIL discount.

czgunner
10-22-20, 15:42
My second chargemaster is failing (keyboard doesn’t work). I just got a chargemaster lite. No issues yet.

the_accuser
10-23-20, 06:26
For years I used a Hornady Auto Charge without any issues. I must have got lucky with mine as most reviews on them are more on the negative side. Earlier this year mine started to act up so I purchased a Chargemaster Lite that was on sale. The Chargemaster Lite is as awesome as everyone says! It really is better than my Hornady Auto Charge.

noylj
10-31-20, 14:14
I purchased the RCBS ChargeMaster soon after it came out. Never had a reason to look at other brands that followed, so can't give an opinion other than:
Perfectly happy with my CM after almost 20 years (?).

gaijin
10-31-20, 18:00
Same^^

I think I remember markm/PB saying they ran two to speed up process.
That would probably be ideal if I had the room.

diving dave
11-01-20, 10:17
I have the chargemaster lite, use it alot and so far no issues. Once in a blue moon it will over charge by 1/10 of a grain, but I just dump it back into the hopper and go again.

Vegas
11-01-20, 10:50
I have the chargemaster lite, use it alot and so far no issues. Once in a blue moon it will over charge by 1/10 of a grain, but I just dump it back into the hopper and go again.

Same experience here for the Lite. Maybe 1 over charge in 200 thrown? I calibrate every time I use it but I noticed the powder pan now weighs 79.6gr as opposed to 79.5gr when I got it earlier this year.

Bimmer
11-08-20, 13:57
I'm bumping this and subscribing...

I've been wanting a Chargemaster Lite, but seemed more feasible when they were <$200, rather than $250+.

Vegas
11-09-20, 00:41
I think they are still worth $250. Maybe Brownells with a coupon can get you there?

Bimmer
11-09-20, 13:20
I think they are still worth $250.

Yeah, I think they are, too, and it's probably just my own weird psychology regarding pricing that is putting me off...

I had just about worked up the gumption to buy one for $200ish, and then other things got in the way (a T/CR22 for Rimfire Challenge), and now I'm seeing them for $250+, and that feels like too much.

Cotman68
11-09-20, 13:38
Hopefully they’ll be on sale for Black Friday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duece71
11-16-20, 12:50

I have seen this as well with my CML. Great dispenser but every now and then an overcharge.

Dino11
11-19-20, 06:50
I have the Frankford Arsenal Intellidropper, it is by far the fastest drop of all of them. It has a learn feature for the powder you are using. It measures right on the money every time. In all of the times I have used it only twice it missed the weight, and both times it was 1 tenth of a grain low. All I had to do was hit the trickle button and drop the tenth and move on. It also has an automatic feature that starts the next load when you put the pan back on the scale. I love this thing and it is very accurate, I check it consistently with my beam scale.