PDA

View Full Version : Viking Tactics Carbine 1.5. LEO/Military Apr 6-8, 2009

Ron Flowers
12-01-08, 13:46
Viking Tactics Carbine 1.5. April 6-8, 2009, Allentown Police Academy. See attached course description and gear list. Instructor is Msgt Kyle Lamb, US Army, Special Operations (ret). Cost is $600.00. Checks made out to Viking Tactics, and sent with registration info to LT Ron Flowers, APA, 2110 Park Dr, Allentown, PA 18103 http://www.vikingtactics.com/

Carbine 1.5 (Three Day)

Carbine 1.5 is not an introductory course, however for a trained shooter this course will take you to the next level. This course will teach you the skills to allow you to operate safely as a member of an entry team or as a Patrol Rifle Officer. This course is fast pace yet thorough, we teach the basic fundamentals and then ask for these fundamentals to be applied in extreme situations. This course is physically demanding. This course will cover the following areas. Course prerequisites, VTAC Basic Carbine Course or equivalent.

Fighting Stance
Weapon Retention
Position Shooting (Basic and Obscure)
Barricade/Field Positions
Proper Loading Techniques
Use of Optics
Transitions to Sidearm
Support side shooting
Malfunctions
Shooting while moving
Facing Movements
External Ballistics
Terminal Ballistics
Corner Clears
Sling Use
Quick Target

CarlosDJackal
12-07-08, 22:47
Any idea what the equipment and ammo requirement for this course is?

Ron Flowers
12-08-08, 11:08
Gear Requirements for Viking Tactics, Inc Courses

 Carbine and Pistol Courses
 Rifle w/4-30 Round Magazines
 Pistol with 5 Magazines
 Handheld Light
 Rifle Mounted Light
 Sling
 Spare Batteries
 Knee Pads
 Elbow Pads
 Water and Snacks
 Wrap Around Eye Protection
 Ear Protection
 Gear to hold 4 pistol magazines and 3 rifle magazines
 Sunscreen
 Notebook w/pencil
 Small Sharpie
 Rain Gear
 Warmies
 Gloves
 Weapons Lube

Ammunition Requirements
2 Day Pistol 1200 Rounds Pistol
3 Day Pistol 1800 Rounds Pistol
3 Day Carbine 1800 Rounds Rifle 250 Rounds Pistol
5 Day Carbine/Pistol 3000 Rounds Rifle 1000 Rounds Pistol
Extra Ammunition is recommended, the above numbers are minimums.
Tactics Courses will also require Paint Marking ammunition and the weapon system for this ammunition. Minimum 50 rounds per day.

Additional Gear for Tactics Courses
Body Armor with plates
Helmet if issued
Long Pants
Clear Lenses for Goggles or glasses
Basic Medical Kit

Ron Flowers
01-02-09, 14:37
April is coming fast.....respond and/or reserve your spot ASAP.

Ron Flowers
02-17-09, 08:47
Many thanks to the member who pointed out that Kyle is a retired Sgt Major, NOT a Master Sgt.

My mistake...we didn't have Sgts in the Navy. :)

Boyscout
02-22-09, 16:36
Faxed my info to Viking Tactics. Can't wait. Any suggestions as where to stay?

Ron Flowers
02-23-09, 06:25
Sent you an e-mail, with lodging info.

Ron Flowers
03-11-09, 06:23
Faxed my info to Viking Tactics. Can't wait. Any suggestions as where to stay?

Did you register? I don't think they have you....

Boyscout
03-11-09, 17:22
I called today and Melinda should have sent you confirmation of payment. If not drop me another line. Got my hotel room and gear all squared away.

Ron Flowers
03-12-09, 16:18
Guys...I am real sorry, but we have to cancel this one. The economy has taken a big bite out of training budgets, and it has shown up in our ability to get the numbers. I will look to reschgedule in our region in early 2010.

Again, sorry about that.

Ron

Boyscout
03-12-09, 16:49
DAMMMM You're killing me. Guys on my team just chipped in the ammo to help with the cost of the class. Darn now I have to give it back. Thinking about the class was keeping my sanity. That's really too bad. Has your other outside vendor training been cancelled? Maybe some other time.

Ron Flowers
03-15-09, 12:38
DAMMMM You're killing me. Guys on my team just chipped in the ammo to help with the cost of the class. Darn now I have to give it back. Thinking about the class was keeping my sanity. That's really too bad. Has your other outside vendor training been cancelled? Maybe some other time.

Dude..we both feel bad. I think the fear of the economy, and the consequent training budget cuts, really hurt us. No, other classes are still moving forward.... Two Strategos classes (Active Shooter Instructor and Low Light Strategies insyructor), TriCon is still a go next month for both Adv Combative Pistol and Combative Edged Weapons, and we have STS in late Aug. Of course, we have four NRA schools as well.

I am very sorry....I wanted in on this one, too.

Boyscout
03-16-09, 18:38
Hey at least you are trying. I'll keep snooping. Stay safe.