PDA

View Full Version : China's new infantry rifle

Slater
10-29-20, 13:39
Looks like they dumped the bullpup for a more traditional layout:

"According to sources, the new rifle is a gas-operated short-stroke pistol assault rifle, and is chambered in the standard 5.8x42mm caliber, but it utilizes a new type of round that has been designed to perform better, the National Interest report said."

https://i.imgur.com/cRRuwXcl.png

https://asiatimes.com/2020/04/china-fields-traditional-assault-rifle-in-qbz-191/

Nowski87
10-29-20, 14:08
That’s a lot of fake Magpul looking furniture on that thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slater
10-29-20, 14:22
Maybe Leapers/UTG just scored a big contract? They could start a new polymer furniture division just for the Chinese military. Call it "Lupgam" (Magpul spelled backward) :D

flenna
10-29-20, 14:45
That’s a lot of fake Magpul looking furniture on that thing.

Probably got it off eBay.

Averageman
10-29-20, 14:46
Probably got it off eBay.

No, really, Hunter provided them a catalog.

BoringGuy45
10-29-20, 15:10
I'm wondering if this is an advancement of the QBZ-03. I read that the old QBZ-95 was never that popular and that they were already looking for a traditional rifle not long after the 95 was adopted; the 03 was one of the first replacements considered.

MountainRaven
10-29-20, 15:35
China adopts a new rifle every decade.

Imagine if the US Army adopted the M14 in the 50s, the M16 in the 60s...
And then adopted the AR-18 in the 70s. The Colt ACR in the 80s. The M4 in the 90s. The XM8 in the 00s. And one of the IC entries, maybe the FN, in the 2010s. That’s the PLA’s small arms programs for the last seventy years.

TMS951
10-29-20, 15:58
WTF is "the standard 5.8x42mm caliber"

that thing looks like some sort of Sig550 knock dripping in fake magpulesq furniture.

Business_Casual
10-29-20, 16:05
Tapco is Chinese?

Nowski87
10-29-20, 16:08
Maybe Leapers/UTG just scored a big contract? They could start a new polymer furniture division just for the Chinese military. Call it "Lupgam" (Magpul spelled backward) :D

No it would be Magpurr

Grand58742
10-29-20, 16:09
Tapco is Chinese?

Well, out of business for the moment. They were part of the Remington Group.

Firefly
10-29-20, 16:12
Is....is that a VISM optic?

Man that’s the most Chinese thing I have ever seen. It’s obviously ripping off several things while being chintzy and cheap looking.

Lupgam Special indeed

Nowski87
10-29-20, 16:15
That actually looks like one of the PA Cyclops optics.

Slater
10-29-20, 16:39
WTF is "the standard 5.8x42mm caliber"

that thing looks like some sort of Sig550 knock dripping in fake magpulesq furniture.

The Chicom general issue cartridge:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5.8%C3%9742mm

Jellybean
10-29-20, 16:58
https://i.imgur.com/cRRuwXcl.png

Well, I'll be the stick in the mud. I actually think it looks pretty cool.
Surely no worse than the 'modernized' Galil's who have the same f*** ugly handguard style.
Although that looks suspiciously like a 7.62x39 Magpul AK mag.
I mean, if if this was finally the x39 AR everyone's always wanted.... I'd be down for one. Or two. If I can change the handguard. :laugh:

Slater
10-29-20, 17:35
https://i.imgur.com/PAV6eVgl.jpg

Grand58742
10-29-20, 17:39
https://i.imgur.com/PAV6eVgl.jpg

What is it about communism that makes women unattractive? Only one place I know of that doesn't make a woman look frumpy and that's Cuba.

Plenty of attractive Chinese women out there. They just all live in Taiwan or Hong Kong.

Slater
10-29-20, 18:05
https://i.imgur.com/wyXfcNpl.jpg

Slater
10-29-20, 18:07
https://i.imgur.com/QUICAaXl.jpg

BoringGuy45
10-29-20, 18:10
What is it about communism that makes women unattractive? Only one place I know of that doesn't make a woman look frumpy and that's Cuba.

Plenty of attractive Chinese women out there. They just all live in Taiwan or Hong Kong.

It's true here in America too; look at the female commies here: neon dyed hair, butch lesbian mop haircut, 20 lbs overweight, gauges in their ears, lip and nose rings. I've met a lot of hot liberal girls, but never any hot commie girls. The weird thing is, these girls often choose to do this. I have one girl in my class who, before she got radicalized, was an absolute smoke show. Then, she bought into all this leftist bullshit, cut her hair with what looks like a butcher knife, dyed it pink, got a huge nose stud, and dresses like Patty Hearst with the SLA.

The hot Cuban women are usually Cuban-American anyway, and most hate Castro.

Slater
10-29-20, 18:18
And...just because...Taiwan:

https://i.imgur.com/hSyJzLAh.jpg

lowprone
10-30-20, 14:22
We laughed and made fun of the Vietnamese, their language, clothes, food, how the men held hands, their clunky Russian
rifles, we laughed and then we met them during Operation Taylor Common, Oklahoma Hills and Pipestone Canyon in places
like Charley Ridge, The Arizona Territory, Dodge City, Liberty Bridge,and to the ends of the Que Son Valley, we no longer
laughed.
We were young and arrogant and war was new to us, even though it was late 1968 and much had already happened, we
should have known better.
Americans are like that, men in general are like that before their baptism of fire and history must be relearned every generation
or so.
Those Chinese boys and girls will meet us sometime, somewhere in the not too distant future, see if you laugh then.

Firefly
10-30-20, 14:44
We laughed and made fun of the Vietnamese, their language, clothes, food, how the men held hands, their clunky Russian
rifles, we laughed and then we met them during Operation Taylor Common, Oklahoma Hills and Pipestone Canyon in places
like Charley Ridge, The Arizona Territory, Dodge City, Liberty Bridge,and to the ends of the Que Son Valley, we no longer
laughed.
We were young and arrogant and war was new to us, even though it was late 1968 and much had already happened, we
Americans are like that, men in general are like that before their baptism of fire and history must be relearned every generation
or so.
Those Chinese boys and girls will meet us sometime, somewhere in the not too distant future, see if you laugh then.

You mean the same Chinese that got BTFO’d by Vietnam and Japan?

I get what you’re saying but when the fateful day comes we got Japanese, Korean, Singapore, Taiwanese, exiled Xiangian, and WTF possibly even Vietnam folks wanting a piece.

I expect the Taiwanese and Japanese to be the most brutal and cruel.

BoringGuy45
10-30-20, 14:58
laughed.
or so.

I don't think anybody is downplaying the threat the Chinese military poses, or how difficult a war with them would be. But it doesn't mean that we're not going to comment on the low quality look of their new rifle or the frumpy looking women in that picture.

I get what you’re saying but when the fateful day comes we got Japanese, Korean, Singapore, Taiwanese, exiled Xiangian, and WTF possibly even Vietnam folks wanting a piece.

I expect the Taiwanese and Japanese to be the most brutal and cruel.

Ironically, if we end up in a war with China, the sons and grandsons of American Vietnam vets will probably be fighting alongside the sons and grandsons of the people who were shooting at said vets.

If WWIII includes another Far East theater, I can't help but worry about Japan. They are already a very powerful, very advanced country militarily, many are still pissed off at us over Hiroshima and Nagasaki and, unlike Germany, they aren't really sorry about anything they did during WWII and are still pissed that they lost. If the hypothetical Allies win WWIII, I can't help but wonder if they would become the undisputed dominant power in the region and cause some trouble for us...

VIP3R 237
10-30-20, 15:11
I remember reading an old saying that goes You can kill a million Chinese a day and it’ll still take years to kill them all. Hopefully it never comes to that.

laughed.
or so.

Firefly
10-30-20, 15:15
I don't think anybody is downplaying the threat the Chinese military poses, or how difficult a war with them would be. But it doesn't mean that we're not going to comment on the low quality look of their new rifle or the frumpy looking women in that picture.

Ironically, if we end up in a war with China, the sons and grandsons of American Vietnam vets will probably be fighting alongside the sons and grandsons of the people who were shooting at said vets.

If WWIII includes another Far East theater, I can't help but worry about Japan. They are already a very powerful, very advanced country militarily, many are still pissed off at us over Hiroshima and Nagasaki and, unlike Germany, they aren't really sorry about anything they did during WWII and are still pissed that they lost. If the hypothetical Allies win WWIII, I can't help but wonder if they would become the undisputed dominant power in the region and cause some trouble for us...

Pretty sure none of that will keep them from F-15 swarming their ships and launching a few nukes they totally don’t have at Beijing

ETA plus the Japanese love America. Honestly if we just sold them the steel in 39 they wouldn’t have jumped our shit in Hawaii.

flenna
10-30-20, 15:20
Never mind...

lowprone
10-30-20, 15:25

I expect the Taiwanese and Japanese to be the most brutal and cruel.************************************************************************

Counting chicks ... and all that !

Firefly
10-30-20, 15:27

I expect the Taiwanese and Japanese to be the most brutal and cruel.************************************************************************

Counting chicks ... and all that !

Point taken but a little optimism never hurts.

Honestly I would rather everybody stayed their asses at home

Including us!

grizzlyblake
10-30-20, 15:31
So is the optic Vortex or Primary Arms?

just a scout
10-30-20, 16:06

Don’t let anyone BS either: I’ll bet my entire estate Japan has multiple nukes just waiting for use.

And probably Gundam battlesuits and fighters too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Slater
10-30-20, 16:15
I don't think that there will ever be a war between the US and China. Wal-Mart wouldn't allow it.

MountainRaven
10-30-20, 16:19
Don’t let anyone BS either: I’ll bet my entire estate Japan has multiple nukes just waiting for use.

And probably Gundam battlesuits and fighters too.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PGuGSbExIC4

utahjeepr
10-30-20, 16:56
A book I read once posited that if the entire population of China jumped from 3 meters with knees locked hitting the ground simultaneously, seismic waves would travel through/around the Earth triggering many major fault lines in the U.S. It was speculated that this would essentially cripple any possible U.S. response. Not to mention a whole lot of Chinese with broken knees. The Chinese population has grown dramatically since then.

It was really just a way out there physics theory, but trying to invison a population that size is mind boggling.

In Korea the Chicoms threw about 750,000 men into the offensive to push the Allies off the peninsula. They didn't really care about casualties. Allied forces killed them by the 10's of thousands before they broke the momentum, and killed 10's of thousands more pushing them back above the 38th. The Chicoms were making plans to repeat the performance when the UN started to hold cease fire negotiations.

It's like a freaking zombie movie. Kill all you want, but they'll swarm you when you are trying to swap mags. The military superiority we enjoyed in 1951 has tightened up quite a bit since then. You know, thanks to us making them wealthy and letting them steal so much information.

just a scout
10-30-20, 16:59
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PGuGSbExIC4

See?! Don’t even think that SOB is just a carnival ride! It is. Right now. Wait till next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Slater
10-30-20, 17:14
The Claymore mine was developed as a result of experience with "human wave" assaults in Korea.

Pappabear
10-30-20, 18:19
One fugly gun. And what is that round , like?

PB

utahjeepr
10-30-20, 18:29
Ok, because ... Will.

"The whole thing is made of freakin Chinesium!!!"

Somebody had to do it. Can't believe it took 4 pages.

Disciple
10-30-20, 18:35
It was really just a way out there physics theory, but trying to invison a population that size is mind boggling.

Another perspective https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2617559/Fascinating-image-depicts-look-like-7-2-billion-population-dumped-Grand-Canyon.html

lowprone
10-30-20, 18:51
Robert Hinelein's 'Starship Troopers' and their massed insects was supposed to be based on the human wave attacks, American
troops had to face after the Chinese reinforced the NK Army in 1950.

HKGuns
10-30-20, 19:29
Tapco is Chinese?

Tapco is exactly what I thought when I saw it. #Junk

10-30-20, 21:06
One fugly gun. And what is that round , like?

PB

Not too far off what we and the Russians are using.

Slater
10-30-20, 21:19
Speaking of Chinese copies, the NP-7:

https://i.imgur.com/K38QrE6h.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/RWj09yqh.jpg

AndyLate
10-30-20, 21:26
The Claymore mine was developed as a result of experience with "human wave" assaults in Korea.

As was the Mark 19 grenade launcher.

JoshNC
10-30-20, 23:48
Speaking of Chinese copies, the NP-7:

https://i.imgur.com/K38QrE6h.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/RWj09yqh.jpg

I mean PSA and Zev copied the Glock, so why not Norinco?

teufelhund1918
11-02-20, 12:37
Looks like about everything they are using has been copied from one place or another.... not suprised.

JoshNC
11-03-20, 22:48
I like the rifle. It’s interesting.

kaiservontexas
11-05-20, 14:46
Looks like it was put together by the cheaper than dirt catalog.

MA2_Navy_Veteran
11-05-20, 16:09
All I can really say about this is that such a setup/design from them is completely predictable & understandable.
Not surprised an any way shape or form actually.

If the design turns out to be crap - so much the better for anyone haz to fights 'em.
If it turns out to be a functional change - well - maybe we'll finally gets to enjoy putting our own to use. :p

So China-On all ye little Chinamenz...

Lefty223
11-05-20, 19:15
Looks uber ‘air soft’ ...

But given that it’s China, & they’ll have 100,000s of them, as well as many conscripts to shoot ‘em ... I just hope we never have to find out just how good they might be ...

TomMcC
11-05-20, 19:43
I like the rifle. It’s interesting.

I'm with you. I always found foreign iron interesting and kind of exotic. I remember the first time I read about Soviet AK-74 in SOF mag, I found it very interesting. This rifle looks pretty functional and ergonomic to me, love to see it torn down and explained.