PDA

View Full Version : Has WM pulled all firearms/ammo in response tp Philly riots?

Straight Shooter
10-29-20, 16:17
Just got a text from my friend out in OK...asked me to check here if WalMart has pulled all weapons & ammo out of stores, as he was told there, in response to the Philly riots.
I literally know no more than what he just asked me.
Any one see/hear this?
If so-why now? Craps been going on all year. And IF so, no biggie to me personally, just asking.
UPDATE: TRUE. Just called a local store here, they were told to pull all weapons/ammo off the shelves..BUT you CAN still buy them, just "have to ask for them", as I was told. Nationwide, the guy said.

Grand58742
10-29-20, 16:20
Just got a text from my friend out in Ok...asked me to check here if WalMart has pulled all weapons & ammo out of stores, as he was told there, in response to the Philly riots.
I literally know no more than what he just asked me.
Any one see/hear this?
If so-why now? Craps been going on all year. And IF so, no biggie to me personally, just asking.

I'd dare say because it's the first time a Walmart got looted like that. I mean, I don't recall seeing anything along those lines before.

titsonritz
10-29-20, 16:35
That would be unprecedented. :rolleyes:

jsbhike
10-29-20, 16:47
https://www.morningstar.com/news/dow-jones/2020102919686/walmart-pulls-guns-ammo-displays-in-us-stores-citing-civil-unrest

Grand58742
10-29-20, 17:07
I guess the question would be...

Who actually goes into Walmart looking for firearms these days?

SomeOtherGuy
10-29-20, 18:05

Bubba
Elmer
Thaddeus Bancroft III, Duke of Trust Fund, only because his chef's mechanic told him they might still have something in stock

AndyLate
10-29-20, 18:07
Friggin Boogie Boys/Proud Boys/KKK/Aryan Nation/Right Wing Militias. First they ruined our peaceful protests, now WalMart...

Andy

tn1911
10-29-20, 19:00
In tennessee too...

https://www.wkrn.com/news/local-news/walmart-removes-guns-ammo-from-floor-display-local-gun-stores-continue-upward-trend-in-sales/

Averageman
10-29-20, 19:09
I noticed that today at my local WM.
Strange huh?

REDinFL
10-29-20, 20:12
Walmart? What is this "Walmart" you speak of?

P2Vaircrewman
10-29-20, 20:38
Wal Mart pulled guns and ammo from New Orleans area stores after looting during Katrina.

Renegade
10-29-20, 22:41

Well since they are the #1 firearm retailer in the USA, I would say millions of rural folks do.

SteyrAUG
10-29-20, 23:34
LOL. I thought they pulled everything, even ammo, after that Walmart shooting.

GHMann
10-30-20, 03:22
Walmart has pulled guns and ammo off the shelves, but they haven't stopped selling guns and ammo. Guns and ammo were removed nation wide from display because of fears of looting and rioting. I haven't seen an actual firearm in my local Walmart for about the last 15 years anyway. And the last time I bought ammo there was in January of 2013, right after Sandy Hook. I bought the last 3 boxes they had of .223. $7.46 ea IIRC. Remington fmj.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/walmart-pulls-guns-ammo-displays-in-u-s-stores-citing-civil-unrest-11604002136

Arik
10-30-20, 06:46
I can't speak to other states or even other counties but in Philadelphia walmart pulled weapons and ammo back in 1998-00 time frame. The surrounding counties were store by store bases. The two walmarts near me, in the suburbs.....one had random hunting ammo.....270, 7-08, 3006, shit like that.....and some Fudd rifles and the other never did. Difference in about 5 miles. Going out about 2hr away there was better selection

Because of this walmart has never been a source of ammo for me and every time I hear the two mentioned it's about as weird as hearing Best Buy selling fishing supplies!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Sam
10-30-20, 16:18
https://www.nbcnews.com/business/consumer/walmart-reverses-decision-remove-guns-ammo-store-shelves-n1245518?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab&utm_content=algorithm

They changed their mind.

Averageman
10-30-20, 16:55
That they would do this only shows who they are virtue signaling for.
We're going to hell and Walmart is leading the way dropping rose petals to cover the smell of fecal matter due to their allegence to Dollars, the Democratic Party and China over their United States.
I recommend little acts of sabotage Everytime you have to shop there.

REDinFL
10-30-20, 20:00
We're going to hell and Walmart is leading the way dropping rose petals to cover the smell of fecal matter due to their allegence to Dollars, the Democratic Party and China over their United States.
I recommend little acts of sabotage Everytime you have to shop there.

That's why nothing "good" happens in WM: I haven't been in one in years. Don't need China crap, I find enough of that on fleabay.

Arik
10-30-20, 20:46
I recommend little acts of sabotage Everytime you have to shop there.Or just not shop there.

AndyLate
10-30-20, 21:18
Or just not shop there.

It's surprisingly easy to do.

HardToHandle
10-30-20, 21:38
Who was the Walmart virtue signaling too? Their shareholders?

When communities cede law & order to the mob, what is reasonable for the largest gun retailer in the country do?

I *think* it was appropriate and even wise to lock down guns ahead of the election. You can pick the crazy, but the environment is hyped to the max presently. Social disorder around the election is absolutely foreseeable, so removing your guns from the mix seems reasonable. It protects your employees, your customers and your reputation.

Averageman
10-30-20, 21:50
The Left, who did you think I referring to?
I'm old enough to remember when Sam ran the store, it's gone to shit since he has died because of his greedy family and share holders and yes Walmart supports a lot of leftist crap and buy billions from China every year to sell here. In Sam Walton's day everything sold in the store was made in the USA.
If you're a 70 year old grandpa living alone, Walmart might likely be the only way you have access to guns or ammo.
Packing everything up a week ahead isn't about whats going to happen next week, it's making sure the guy above doesn't have a chance. This isn't about making "peace", it's about virtue signalling to Biden/Harris that "We are with you !"
That stock locks up as easily any day as it does the week before the election. It's the same BS attitude they have with not selling military calibers.

Arik
10-30-20, 21:56
I'm old enough to remember when Sam ran the store, it's gone to shit since he has died because of his greedy family and share holders and yes Walmart supports a lot of leftist crap and buy billions from China every year to sell here. In Sam Walton's day everything sold in the store was made in the USA.
If you're a 70 year old grandpa living alone, Walmart might likely be the only way you have access to guns or ammo.
Packing everything up a week ahead isn't about whats going to happen next week, it's making sure the guy above doesn't have a chance. This isn't about making "peace", it's about virtue signalling to Biden/Harris that "We are with you !"
That stock locks up as easily any day as it does the week before the election. It's the same BS attitude they have with not selling military calibers.

If grandpa can drive to Walmart for ammo he can drive anywhere for the same ammo. Living alone is irrelevant to buying ammo in walmart. And I don't know of too many places where WM is the only store within a gas tank driving distance

HardToHandle
10-30-20, 22:08

If I was a shareholder, I would be just fine with kissing some Biden/Harris rump about now. That is just smart investing... Counting on the DJT to stand by you has not worked out for many folks. Not Sessions, not his lawyer, not Barr, etc. I’m guessing Guiliani is next to be thrown beneath that bus. If Walmart is splitting the difference, that is smart.

As for leaving anyone out in the cold by Walmart, that is hard for me to buy. First, the store were still selling guns & ammo, just not displaying. Second, who was buying extra ammo or an 870 on Halloween who didn’t see this coming a month or six ago?

Walmart sucks. Walmart shoppers suck a lot more (me included).
Sure, but it serves a damn valuable societal role.

Averageman
10-30-20, 22:25
If grandpa can drive to Walmart for ammo he can drive anywhere for the same ammo. Living alone is irrelevant to buying ammo in walmart. And I don't know of too many places where WM is the only store within a gas tank driving distance

Although the Walmart here is in a rather nice area, we have a large population of retired people here. A lot of those people ride the Bus to and from, I don't know if they own cars or not, but they ride the bus and in numbers. Hell we even have a couple of old codgers with bicycles and paper boy baskets who make the ride to and from.
I'm pretty sure that dynamic isn't unique to my A.O.
No, living alone is not the same as living with someone else, absolutely not. Why do they put at least two Grunts in a foxhole? Because your twice as likely to be aware of what is going on. Large parts of our population aren't informed and don't watch the News, nor are they computer literate and they wont be awake Election night and waiting for the kickoff.

Just as a personal example,
Today a Lady I know who is in her late 50's asked me to go car shopping with her. She was literally unaware of what has been happening and although she grew up in Chicago, she had no idea about Kenosha. So current events, clueless.
And if you think that was bad you should have seen the sticker shock at the Dealership. Her last car, the car her Late Husband bought her was a 1998 Toyota.