PDA

View Full Version : Oh, heck no. Only one episode of The Mandalorian S2?

FromMyColdDeadHand
10-30-20, 14:22
Was looking forward to binging this over the weekend since Halloween is a bust... And I only see one episode of S2 available? WTFudge.

gunrunner505
10-30-20, 14:33
Watched is over lunch today. Pretty good. I too was disappointed that they only dropped 1 episode. Was hoping for at least 2.

But no....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nowski87
10-30-20, 14:35
They release it one episode at a time every Friday.

Steve Shannon
10-30-20, 15:33
Watched is over lunch today. Pretty good. I too was disappointed that they only dropped 1 episode. Was hoping for at least 2.

But no....

This is the way…

MountainRaven
10-30-20, 16:14
They release it one episode at a time every Friday.

Yup. Just like the first season, it’s one episode a week. Maybe two for one of the weeks.

pag23
10-30-20, 16:20
Must binge...lol

Averageman
10-30-20, 17:01
You don't take a baby out in the Covid-19, even to make a movie.
I'm Joe Biden and I Approve this message.

boss_hawg
10-30-20, 21:21
The Mandolorian is the best Star Wars.

FromMyColdDeadHand
10-30-20, 21:58

But no....

This is the way, Dammit.

MountainRaven
10-30-20, 22:09
Season 2 is off to a good start.

gunrunner505
10-30-20, 22:49
I did like seeing Timothy Olyphant playing the old west sheriff. That was pretty cool.

It’s gonna be great. As we put our uneasy alliance with the sand people to the test to slay the dragon.

CRAMBONE
10-30-20, 23:30
I pegged that as Raylan Givens as soon as he walked through the saloon doors. It was a good episode.

Korgs130
10-31-20, 08:26
The Marshal is a great character and I really enjoyed the interaction with the Tusken Raiders. Plus the ending... Good stuff.

Grand58742
10-31-20, 09:36
Really got off to a quick start (minor spoilers)

I wasn't expecting him to start effing people up in that short a time frame. One minor point, did he learn Sandpeople-ese or something in the offseason? Last year, it was all sign language.

Good episode to start. Really keeps in line with the "Space Western" mode.

RazorBurn
10-31-20, 23:41
Finally watched it tonight. Didn't disappoint. Looking forward to next Friday.

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-01-20, 01:11
It was a good stand-alone episode. Justified meets Dune. I thought that they would have at least given some time to intersecting story lines. The episode seemed short.

It's on Tatoine- so it would be cool if the Sheriff makes a cameo in the future...

Steve Shannon
11-01-20, 02:55
It was a good stand-alone episode. Justified meets Dune. I thought that they would have at least given some time to intersecting story lines. The episode seemed short.

It's on Tatoine- so it would be cool if the Sheriff makes a cameo in the future...

It seems like there was quite a bit of intersection with other stories. The armor he took from the Marshall looked like Boba Fett’s. Also, who was the guy watching at the end?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rero360
11-01-20, 04:33
It seems like there was quite a bit of intersection with other stories. The armor he took from the Marshall looked like Boba Fett’s. Also, who was the guy watching at the end?

Could that dude at the end be Boba Fett? That’s what to mind for me.

Dennis
11-01-20, 08:32

Short answer: Yes

He was played by the actor who played Jango Fett in Episode II, who was the father/clone basis for Boba Fett. Of course, Jango Fett was the clone basis for tons of Stormtroopers but that would be a little cheap and not in the spirit of the Mandalorian so far...

Boba Fett is back! Love the child-unsafe missile backpack too!

Dennis.

RazorBurn
11-01-20, 10:24

That was my take too.

Firefly
11-01-20, 10:35
It was kind of like Lawrence of Arabia

Steve Shannon
11-01-20, 11:23

Absolutely could be, and it would be fun if it is, but shouldn’t he be older?

MountainRaven
11-01-20, 12:34
Absolutely could be, and it would be fun if it is, but shouldn’t he be older?

Temuera Morrison is 59 years old. Boba Fett was born 32 years before the Battle of Yavin. The Mandalorian is set about 9 years after the Battle of Yavin.

Temuera Morrison, thus, is playing a man a generation younger than he is and Boba Fett should not be older than he appears in S2E1.

ETA: Morrison didn't just play Jango in Attack of the Clones, he also played the clones (although they were actually mostly CGI, so they borrowed his face, they didn't actually have him in costume on set) and voiced them, and voiced Boba Fett's lines for the post-prequel DVD release of the original trilogy.

Grand58742
11-01-20, 12:40
Temuera Morrison, thus, is playing a man a generation younger than he is and Boba Fett should not be older than he appears in S2E1.

I'm sure hanging out in the belly of a sarlacc waiting to be digested doesn't exactly do wonders for the appearance.

Grand58742
11-01-20, 12:45
I do love the Robot Chicken Star Wars shorts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU070mnjSD4

Firefly
11-01-20, 12:52
I will accept that Boba is a clone but hopefully Temeura Morrisson tries to use the raspier original voice. Also I sorta didn’t want to see Boba unmasked. I accept he looks like the Clones but I figure he’s been disfigured and more world weary.

Also I never understood why Jango wanted a clone. Why not just get a woman?

Don't Tread On Me
11-01-20, 13:22
Maybe, although being an absolute badass, he had zero social skills and was an incel.

MountainRaven
11-01-20, 13:54
I figure, based on what we've seen of the sorts of relationships bounty hunters seem to have with each other and with the galaxy's other scum and villainy (and those scum and villains have with each other outside of the bounty hunters), that Jango Fett realized he could trust no one else in the galaxy but himself. Even his natural-born progeny might be twisted by outside forces into betraying him, potentially even by their mother. And since the only person Jango Fett could trust is Jango Fett, why not have your son be literally genetically identical?

Or maybe Jango had a hard life growing up, his father dying or leaving him at a young age, maybe both of his parents died. And he decided to give himself - his clone son - a chance at having a relationship with a father figure that he'd never had.

Or Jango was a narcissist and viewed himself as practically perfect in every way. Why else would a Jedi Master come to him for the genetic template for a clone army? And like all narcissists, he desired immortality and/or eternal youth. Maybe he views genetic immortality, immortality through clones being genetic copies, as being literal immortality. Or maybe he had plans similar to Palpatine in the movie that shall not be named and thought he would somehow be able to transfer his soul into his clone's body.

I'm sure hanging out in the belly of a sarlacc waiting to be digested doesn't exactly do wonders for the appearance.

No, and I'm sure living five, six years as a lone nomad on a desert planet with binary suns isn't exactly healthful for the skin, either. Moreover, it isn't like it'd be the first time someone decades older than the character they're portraying was cast for a particular role.

Firefly
11-01-20, 14:19
Maybe, although being an absolute badass, he had zero social skills and was an incel.

Slavery was not only legal but encouraged in those days. Just saying

jpmuscle
11-01-20, 14:39
Slavery was not only legal but encouraged in those days. Just saying

Crazy how socially acceptable norms, customs, attitudes, practices, etc of days gone by were like that.

But hey let’s get on that revisionism train because the past hurts our contemporary feelings.

Maybe we’ll get to do the same in 100 years over all this gender construct BS and right this shit show.

caporider
11-01-20, 18:34
I pegged that as Raylan Givens as soon as he walked through the saloon doors. It was a good episode.

If Old West is what you’re looking for then it’s Seth Bullock breaking Al Swearingen’s balls.

CRAMBONE
11-01-20, 22:10
If Old West is what you’re looking for then it’s Seth Bullock breaking Al Swearingen’s balls.

Oh yeah. Awesome show.

jpmuscle
11-02-20, 06:33
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201102/f1280c0bd3ef7a35ecea75ee767b6c7a.jpg
Finally watched it last night.

I wept with happiness.

HCrum87hc
11-02-20, 09:25
We watched it Saturday night after trick or treating. I was very pleased. I loved the old west feel and seeing Timothy Olyphant as the Marshal. The cameo in the last scene is definitely who you all think it is. I'm intrigued to see what his character is like as the season progresses. Mando will run into him soon, likely in episode 2.

Having played a lot of Star Wars games, that was not what expecting a Krayt Dragon to be subterranean. I do love that they showed the sand people getting the pearl at the end. That's a nice tie in to off screen canon.

Did anyone else notice what the Marshal's speeder bike was made out of? Nice reference to the Phantom Menace.

Firefly
11-02-20, 10:01
That was the best Tremors sequel yet

HCrum87hc
11-02-20, 10:17
That was the best Tremors sequel yet

When it started through town, I told my wife there were already enough Tremors movies out there. I won't lie though, I enjoyed the first two.

Firefly
11-02-20, 10:19
I feel that Mando was denied vital, NEED TO KNOW, information

VIP3R 237
11-02-20, 12:31
I loved the KOTOR throwback.

We watched it Saturday night after trick or treating. I was very pleased. I loved the old
west feel and seeing Timothy Olyphant as the Marshal. The cameo in the last scene is definitely who you all think it is. I'm intrigued to see what his character is like as the season progresses. Mando will run into him soon, likely in episode 2.

Having played a lot of Star Wars games, that was not what expecting a Krayt Dragon to be subterranean. I do love that they showed the sand people getting the pearl at the end. That's a nice tie in to off screen canon.

Did anyone else notice what the Marshal's speeder bike was made out of? Nice reference to the Phantom Menace.

MountainRaven
11-02-20, 12:36
I loved the KOTOR throwback.

It predates KOTOR by... probably a decade or two.

ETA: Nine years. First appeared in Dark Saber, published in 1995. KOTOR came out in 2004.

b_saan
11-02-20, 13:50
Correction: CAPTAIN REX is back.

One if Filoni's signature characters, along with Ahsoka Tano who will also likely appear in Mandalorian.

Boba Fett is back! Love the child-unsafe missile backpack too!

Dennis.

Firefly
11-02-20, 14:34
Correction: CAPTAIN REX is back.

One if Filoni's signature characters, along with Ahsoka Tano who will also likely appear in Mandalorian.

Possibly the smartest and most rewarding move.

We don’t need to know too much about Boba Fett. And we don’t really want to. I don’t.

But seeing a survivor of the Clone Wars, esp Rex, again would be total feels overload.

I mean the good parts pf Clone Wars are like Generation Kill. For clones voiced by the same guy....you really felt like they were different people.

They were just clones man....nobody asked them. They weren’t no Senators son man

YOU WERENT THERE MAAAAN
Slugging it out with clankers with BLASTERS THAT DIDNT WORK, while pussies like YOU were dodging the draft, playing that hologram chess, smoking dope and LISTENING TO YOUR GODDAMN BEATLES ALBUMS

Hey man, we support our troops when they shoot Jedi man.

WHERE WAS THEIR PARADE, MAN? WHERE WAS IT?!

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a9/c7/e6/a9c7e65e87ad8a026a06fed7128e1dea.jpg

MountainRaven
11-02-20, 14:48
If you think Boba would be old by the time of The Mandalorian...

I could see it. But it seems like too much a red herring if it's Rex and not Boba in an episode set on Tatooine, involving Boba's armor, and a (former-)Sarlacc pit. And there aren't any of Rex's trademark items: The blue accented Phase 2 clone armor breastplate, the twin blaster pistols, the Rebels-era beard...

BWT
11-02-20, 15:08
It’s Fett for sure.

Armor color, bumping the jet pack in the back of it and Olyphant flying off pays homage to Fett’s fall into the Sarlaac Pit.

Also, the “spurs” sound of when the Mandalorian was on Tatooine in the previous season. I think it ties into the blood lines book and Fett being the head of the Mandalorians.

Also, even the nod back to the rifle that was in the Star Wars Christmas special. I feel the show is far too sentimental for it not to be Fett.

Also practically, I didn’t watch the Clone Wars shows, but I thought Boba was the only one that didn’t have rapid aging. Wouldn’t the clone troopers all be dead by now or at least much older?

Steve Shannon
11-02-20, 16:57
If you think Boba would be old by the time of The Mandalorian...

I could see it. But it seems like too much a red herring if it's Rex and not Boba in an episode set on Tatooine, involving Boba's armor, and a (former-)Sarlacc pit. And there aren't any of Rex's trademark items: The blue accented Phase 2 clone armor breastplate, the twin blaster pistols, the Rebels-era beard...

I was just thinking that it has been 43 years since I first saw Boba Fett. I’m old now; I thought he should be too. [emoji6]

Grand58742
11-02-20, 18:40
Also practically, I didn’t watch the Clone Wars shows, but I thought Boba was the only one that didn’t have rapid aging. Wouldn’t the clone troopers all be dead by now or at least much older?

Yes, Boba was pure genetic replication as discussed in Episode 2 AOTC. Clone Wars had an arc about him.

But as a reminder, Filoni discussed the rebel seen in ROTJ with the beard was Rex. Or that's who Rex was modeled after. Mando series only takes places five years after the events in ROTJ, so Rex could still be alive.

Regardless, it's not Rex.

And I feel like a complete nerd now...

BWT
11-02-20, 18:56
Yes, Boba was pure genetic replication as discussed in Episode 2 AOTC. Clone Wars had an arc about him.

But as a reminder, Filoni discussed the rebel seen in ROTJ with the beard was Rex. Or that's who Rex was modeled after. Mando series only takes places five years after the events in ROTJ, so Rex could still be alive.

That’s alright. I’m old enough I don’t care. I never thought all of my very specific interests on Boba Fett would serve me so well as a kid. Small wonder we’re so interested in weaponry. One thing I do appreciate about this series and what kind of just wore on me was Boba Fett only ever cared about money. While I did appreciate the drive and calculating nature - it just after awhile made it hard to like him in some ways if that made sense. That being said - I like the Mandalorian’s cultural stuff they’ve added. All of the “this is the way” stuff was totally non-canon. However, it hasn’t hit a point of damaging the fabric and severity of the characters. If anything and I’m stunned to say this - I feel it has made them more likable.

God Bless,

Brandon

MountainRaven
11-02-20, 20:44

I checked on Wookieepedia and Filoni has had plenty of opportunities to make retcon Nik Sant to be Rex, but has declined to take it, although the Rebels-era appearance of Rex was based on Sant's appearance on Endor (er, the forest moon of Endor).

TehLlama
11-06-20, 16:41
It predates KOTOR by... probably a decade or two.

ETA: Nine years. First appeared in Dark Saber, published in 1995. KOTOR came out in 2004.

I'm happy to be informed as such - but that was my first exposure to it, it's still a reasonable trope to apply.

Grand58742
11-13-20, 21:11
This latest episode is the best so far in my opinion. The Sin was good, this one is even better. I just wish it wasn't just an hour as I could watch Katee Sackhoff for a few hours at least even in Mando armor.

Steve Shannon
11-14-20, 06:02
This latest episode is the best so far in my opinion. The Sin was good, this one is even better. I just wish it wasn't just an hour as I could watch Katee Sackhoff for a few hours at least even in Mando armor.

I suspect she’ll be appearing in a few more episodes. It’s always fun to see who is going to appear in a guest role like that.

VIP3R 237
11-14-20, 22:03

I’m excited to see who they’ll cast as the lost Jedi mentioned at the end of the episode.

Coal Dragger
11-14-20, 22:28
Probably Jar Jar Binks.

MountainRaven
11-14-20, 22:42
I’m excited to see who they’ll cast as the lost Jedi mentioned at the end of the episode.

It's Rosario Dawson. With 98% certainty.

ETA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgmZad-qe10

Some solid reasoning for why we likely will not see said Jedi for a week longer.

RHINOWSO
11-15-20, 00:08
I'll wait until it's complete and then sign up for another free week of service, binge and then purge.

This is the way. ;)

Boy Scout
11-15-20, 21:09
I suspect she’ll be appearing in a few more episodes. It’s always fun to see who is going to appear in a guest role like that.

I’m not completely up to speed on all the SW lore, but if memory serves right, she was the voice for the cartoon character in Rebels/Clone Wars, and I think they even used her likeness for the art. Pretty fanboi-cool if that’s the case.

sndt1319
11-15-20, 22:52
Din is getting screwed. She isn’t a Jedi.

kaiservontexas
11-15-20, 22:56
Ahsoka Tano http://https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Ahsoka_Tano

She was Anakin’s padawan in Star Wars the Clone Wars animated feature and later tv series. The Clone Wars animated tv series is probably the best thing in Star Wars besides some of the video games.

Edited to add: I also agree that Disney releasing The Mandalorian one episode every Friday is silly. This is not television. It is a streaming service.

TehLlama
11-16-20, 11:18
Edited to add: I also agree that Disney releasing The Mandalorian one episode every Friday is silly. This is not television. It is a streaming service.

I mean, if you're trying to force people to pay $140 for two seasons of a show, that's about the only way possible.

There is an argument that 'lesser' shows have to be dumped in order to be binge watched... and this seems to reinforce it.

Grand58742
11-20-20, 21:09
Okay, didn't care for Chapter 10 with the Frog Lady so much, but every other episode this season has been fire. Very ominous ending to this latest episode.

MountainRaven
11-20-20, 21:32
I really hope that Gideon's flagship isn't an Arquitens.

Of course, if it is, it does underline how far the Imperial remnants have fallen.

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-21-20, 01:24
So, maandalorian is between 6&7, so whatever we see here, that isn't impactful in 7, fails or doesn't survive.

Spoiler

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
So those robo-jedi we see at the end of this episode, they never can amount to much? Or is this like "Titanic", even if we know the ending, we don't know how the ending happened.

I like the show, but the episodes seem way too short. Plus I was waiting for the lava tide to come up and fill the valley or something. Plus, if you see something or they say something, it is foreshadowing. That tank under the tarp, the bike-speeders. It's not exactly "The Rifleman" telegraphed, but it is a little obvious.

MountainRaven
11-21-20, 09:05
So, maandalorian is between 6&7, so whatever we see here, that isn't impactful in 7, fails or doesn't survive.

It's a big galaxy. If you make an epic three-part movie about WWII and it doesn't include the Dieppe Raid, it doesn't mean the raid didn't happen or didn't have an impact.

Spoiler

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
So those robo-jedi we see at the end of this episode, they never can amount to much? Or is this like "Titanic", even if we know the ending, we don't know how the ending happened.

No idea. It's a big galaxy. For all we know, Moff Gideon's little rump Empire might well survive well into the sequel trilogy with Dark Trooper-ish things roaming it's streets, keeping the "peace". Din Djarin, Cara Dune, Greef Carga, &c. could all be long dead by the time of the sequel trilogy for all we know. Because, again, it's a big galaxy.

I like the show, but the episodes seem way too short. Plus I was waiting for the lava tide to come up and fill the valley or something. Plus, if you see something or they say something, it is foreshadowing. That tank under the tarp, the bike-speeders. It's not exactly "The Rifleman" telegraphed, but it is a little obvious.

Wait... so are you complaining that they didn't abide by Chekov's Gun by not having the lava tide come in or are you complaining that they do abide by Chekov's Gun by having the gun on the mantle go off by the third act (or not)?

Lowdown3
11-24-20, 07:21
Wife and son have been talking about this show for a while. They brought home the DVD of the first season. Alright, I'm hooked....

MountainRaven
11-25-20, 22:27
Some folks might appreciate some recent Tweets from Gina Carano (Cara Dune):

We need to clean up the election process so we are not left feeling the way we do today.
Put laws in place that protect us against voter fraud.
Investigate every state.
Film the counting.
Flush out the fake votes.
Require ID.
Make Voter Fraud end in 2020.
Fix the system.
����
Link (https://twitter.com/ginacarano/status/1324385598539399168?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1324385598539399168%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fginacarano%2Fstatus%2F1324385598539399168).

Jellybean
11-26-20, 01:28
Yeah, poor Gina posted some other stuff as well not long ago that was barely controversial and got twitter-mobbed for it.
I don't think she realized quite the can of worms she was opening... :laugh:
It made quite the splash in non/less-PC gaming/SW circles.

MountainRaven
11-27-20, 21:29
Definitely got Western-cum-Jidaigeki with this episode. I enjoyed it. And the live action Rey's master's father's former padawan didn't disappoint, either.

Didn't realize the one guy was Michael Biehn at first, though.

Grand58742
11-27-20, 22:28
Definitely got Western-cum-Jidaigeki with this episode. I enjoyed it. And the live action Rey's master's father's former padawan didn't disappoint, either.

Didn't realize the one guy was Michael Biehn at first, though.

Dave Filoni was the only director they could have picked for that episode. He's the one that brought Ahsoka to life and "raised" her through the various series.

Biehn had an aged Johnny Ringo vibe to him even though it was a limited part. I wish there could have been a minor arc of a few episodes with him as a bad guy. I've always thought he played an exceptional bad guy.

I don't want too many spoilers here, but that planet she sent him to has been played around in the Expanded Universe for years. I like how Favreau and Filoni are pulling bits and pieces of the old Expanded Universe into canon. And if the person she was looking for is drawn into the Mandalorian series? Oh, the fan theories are going to be outstanding on that front if they start along that path. They just opened a whole new world of possibilities.

As long as Favreau keeps at it, the rest of this season (and hopefully future ones) are going to be total fire.

Grand58742
11-27-20, 23:04
And I will say this, I don't care if he has a name. It's still Baby Yoda, dammit!

And this eight episodes per season thing sucks. Because you know they're going to leave a cliffhanger at the end of this season and we have to wait ten damn months for the next installment...

MountainRaven
11-28-20, 08:08
I played around on that planet in Star Wars: The Old Republic. It'll be interesting to see how it looks compared to the game, although Korriban (they called it something different in TCW) looked very much like Korriban from KOTOR/KOTOR2/SWTOR in TCW.

While I agree the eight episodes per season sucks, I don't think they'll leave it as a cliffhanger. I imagine it will end like last season did: Main story for the season is wrapped up, with hooks laid out for season three and maybe/probably the Rebels sequel series.

ETA: I wonder if Hera Syndula is going to get a cavalry moment in the last episode...

TehLlama
11-28-20, 11:37
And I will say this, I don't care if he has a name. It's still Baby Yoda, dammit!

In this regard, I actually found the episode fairly disappointing. What would the screenplay have looked like without that? The same, same level of epic, but more mystery about his entire race. Ahsoka sharing more information about yoda the audience already knows would have felt like a better use of time.

My wife promptly pointed out that the lizard family got three episodes, Ahsoka gets like 0.75 of an episode... that's knowledge that can't be un-had. I know they'll continue reusing characters, and there's no way they're done with Bo-Katan and Ahsoka, but then it comes down to waiting years to see how that pans out, I'm less pressed for interesting character-driven stuff that connects to the rest of the lore, and would rather just have cool but broadly mysterious characters that can have open-ended story arcs written for them.

Grand58742
11-28-20, 12:30
In this regard, I actually found the episode fairly disappointing. What would the screenplay have looked like without that? The same, same level of epic, but more mystery about his entire race. Ahsoka sharing more information about yoda the audience already knows would have felt like a better use of time.

My wife promptly pointed out that the lizard family got three episodes, Ahsoka gets like 0.75 of an episode... that's knowledge that can't be un-had. I know they'll continue reusing characters, and there's no way they're done with Bo-Katan and Ahsoka, but then it comes down to waiting years to see how that pans out, I'm less pressed for interesting character-driven stuff that connects to the rest of the lore, and would rather just have cool but broadly mysterious characters that can have open-ended story arcs written for them.

***SPOILERS BELOW***

But remembering everything is connected. There's a reason Tython was mentioned and remember, there's still Dark Siders out there even with the fall of the Sith. (obviously with Ep VII) And I really, really, really think there's a reason Thrawn was mentioned as the writers are setting something huge up.

I have faith in Favreau and he's not let us down so far. I doubt we've seen the last of Bo-Katan and her merry band of badass Mandos, Ashoka, Greef Karga, Cara Dune and Boba Fett. (don't forget about that little cameo)

The question is, if Thrawn survived one can surmise Ezra Bridger survived as well, no? And the fate of Sabine Wren certainly will tie into this somehow. They are writing Season 3 right now without a production date and I couldn't imagine Disney stopping at two seasons with the ratings being so high.

Then again, it is Disney and they go Simple Jack from time to time...

titsonritz
12-02-20, 23:17
If these cancel culture cunts get Gina Carano fire from the show I'll be pissed, I'll done with it and Disney for eternity.

https://winteriscoming.net/2020/11/14/why-some-mandalorian-fans-cancelling-gina-carano-cara-dune/

https://www.deseret.com/entertainment/2020/11/20/21579279/star-wars-mandalorian-gina-carano-exit

At least "The Mandalorian" has her back so I guess he'll have to go too...

https://www.piratesandprincesses.net/pedro-pascal-shows-support-for-gina-carano-will-he-now-be-cancelled/

kaiservontexas
12-03-20, 20:36
It had been stated by Floni that Ezra and Thrawn are alive. The end of Rebels shows Sabine and Ahsoka go off to look for Ezra. I was wondering how they were going to show that adventure. Honestly I was expecting another cgi animated series because that was brought up once or twice, but the failure that Resistance was probably canned that idea. I am glad it will be most likely answered by The Mandolorian. (Forgive my misspellings)

sndt1319
12-03-20, 21:41
I hope they bring Ezra into it. The character development in the cartoons is so much better than in the recent movies. I’m surprised that they didn’t have any Sabine references when Din said something about a Jedi and a Mandalorian working together. It was a common theme with Ashoka. The friend I’m watching with hasn’t seen Clone Wars or Rebels and keeps having to ask me to fill in the gaps.

Watching the season 7 finally of Clone Wars reminded me how dangerous Ashoka really is.

Grand58742
12-03-20, 22:46
It had been stated by Floni that Ezra and Thrawn are alive. The end of Rebels shows Sabine and Ahsoka go off to look for Ezra. I was wondering how they were going to show that adventure. Honestly I was expecting another cgi animated series because that was brought up once or twice, but the failure that Resistance was probably canned that idea. I am glad it will be most likely answered by The Mandolorian. (Forgive my misspellings)

He's kinda too old for the part, but I always thought Jeremy Irons would have made a badass Thrawn.

Kevslatvin
12-04-20, 12:13
If these cancel culture cunts get Gina Carano fire from the show I'll be pissed, I'll done with it and Disney for eternity.

https://winteriscoming.net/2020/11/14/why-some-mandalorian-fans-cancelling-gina-carano-cara-dune/

https://www.deseret.com/entertainment/2020/11/20/21579279/star-wars-mandalorian-gina-carano-exit

At least "The Mandalorian" has her back so I guess he'll have to go too...

https://www.piratesandprincesses.net/pedro-pascal-shows-support-for-gina-carano-will-he-now-be-cancelled/

There's rumors of a Cara Dune spinoff. I found this video where there's some talk about how it could happen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7TaMgc2LXI&t=331s
Like the coin that was left for her may be the path to it.

I think it would be funny if they got what they want. Gina Carano off The Mandalorian, only for her to get her own show. The crying on twitter would be epic.

titsonritz
12-04-20, 18:03
There's rumors of a Cara Dune spinoff. I found this video where there's some talk about how it could happen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7TaMgc2LXI&t=331s
Like the coin that was left for her may be the path to it.

I think it would be funny if they got what they want. Gina Carano off The Mandalorian, only for her to get her own show. The crying on twitter would be epic.

Now that would be awesome.

MountainRaven
12-04-20, 20:39
This episode is another solid entry in the season.

So far, I think the second episode is the weakest this season and one of the weakest episodes in the entire series, but other than that? This whole season has been awesome. And tonight's episode was no different.

Grand58742
12-04-20, 21:49

So far, I think the second episode is the weakest this season and one of the weakest episodes in the entire series, but other than that? This whole season has been awesome. And tonight's episode was no different.

Favreau and Filoni should have written, directed and produced Episodes 7-9. I think you would have seen a far different (and more enjoyable in my opinion) trilogy worthy of the Star Wars name.

titsonritz
12-04-20, 23:32

It was definitely the weakest episode but it does get bonus points for flipping out the libtards.
https://www.ladbible.com/news/tv-and-film-fans-call-to-cancel-baby-yoda-for-genocide-20201114

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-05-20, 03:11
It was definitely the weakest episode but it does get bonus points for flipping out the libtards.
https://www.ladbible.com/news/tv-and-film-fans-call-to-cancel-baby-yoda-for-genocide-20201114

It seemed even shorter than usual?

I thought the egg thing was a pretty well laid abortion argument trap. “What, it’s just a bunch of infertilized cells...”

Steve Shannon
12-05-20, 13:04
It seemed even shorter than usual?

I thought the egg thing was a pretty well laid abortion argument trap. “What, it’s just a bunch of infertilized cells...”

I think that Grogu eating the eggs will play into a future storyline. I don’t know how.

MountainRaven
12-05-20, 15:54
I think that Grogu eating the eggs will play into a future storyline. I don’t know how.

I think you’re right. Otherwise, apart from setting up a possible New Republic-Cara Dune-Din Djarin relationship, that episode was mostly just filler... in a show with eight short episodes a season; i.e. it doesn’t need filler.

Boy Scout
12-05-20, 17:03
I think you’re right. Otherwise, apart from setting up a possible New Republic-Cara Dune-Din Djarin relationship, that episode was mostly just filler... in a show with eight short episodes a season; i.e. it doesn’t need filler.

I got a kick out of the cancel culture thing as well. Sooner or later, the left always turns on itself.

As for the egg-eating itself, I agree that it has to have a purpose somewhere. If it doesn’t, it goes against the principle of Chekhov’s Gun: “If a gun is introduced in the first act, it must go off or be used in the second or third act.” (Yes, I’m a theater geek and used to act and work tech theater.) Filoni and crew would know that principal and they don’t do things without a purpose.

Jokingly, I hope it plays out that he escaped the temple and took refuge on Naboo and ate small aquatic animals in the interim. Jar-Jar may or may not have been involved.

Grand58742
12-06-20, 12:28
I got a kick out of the cancel culture thing as well. Sooner or later, the left always turns on itself.

As for the egg-eating itself, I agree that it has to have a purpose somewhere. If it doesn’t, it goes against the principle of Chekhov’s Gun: “If a gun is introduced in the first act, it must go off or be used in the second or third act.” (Yes, I’m a theater geek and used to act and work tech theater.) Filoni and crew would know that principal and they don’t do things without a purpose.

Jokingly, I hope it plays out that he escaped the temple and took refuge on Naboo and ate small aquatic animals in the interim. Jar-Jar may or may not have been involved.

It could have been a segue into the Mando's involvement with the New Republic. They've danced around that for a few episodes and now you have Cara Dune actively involved with them. The Frog Lady herself was just "fluff" so to speak and the vehicle used to get into that portion of the story.

Of course, I didn't think IG-11 would play a big part other than getting blasted, so there is that. She and her family could play a much larger role than we realize.

VIP3R 237
12-06-20, 12:35
I read a theory that the lizard lady and Grogu are from the same planet and grogu’s species are natural predators of the lizard species, or vice versa so it’s survival for grogu

Steve Shannon
12-06-20, 12:51
I’m more of the thought that it represents some kind of symbiotic relationship rather than a prey and predator relationship. Although the frog lady was shooing Grogu away it seemed more like “You’ll get sick if you eat too many” or “That’s rude!” rather than “you’re killing all my babies!” Maybe having too many eggs or even tadpoles would result in other problems.
Also, in nature some female frogs generate excess eggs which exist in an unfertilized form as food. I suspect the writers of this episode were aware of this discovery:

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/news/2016/01/160120-frogs-animals-science-eggs-india-rediscovered/

rero360
12-06-20, 18:58

Who knew Alan Gottlieb was the original Boba Fett LOL

Grand58742
12-06-20, 21:41
Also, in nature some female frogs generate excess eggs which exist in an unfertilized form as food. I suspect the writers of this episode were aware of this discovery:

I'm not sure they put that much thought into it past the point of "Have Baby Yoda eat some of the eggs and watch Frog Lady freak out."

Jellybean
12-06-20, 21:57

Yeah, well... this is the sort of "outrage" you get when half the offended haven't ever had kids, and the other half apparently didn't watch the previous season so far, whereupon 'baby yoda' acts his age by putting literally everything in his mouth...
Good Lord people are stupid. :rolleyes:

Grand58742
12-09-20, 13:04
So... there's an interesting theory going around in SW circles right now about who Baby Yoda/Grogu reached out to or rather who heard the call.

One of the theories is Mace Windu actually didn't die in Ep III as indicated (since we never saw him technically die and Jedi can survive falling from high places) and an appearance by him would make for a serious plot twist especially given the Boba Fett tie in.

There is some supporting circumstantial evidence involved here. Yoda got his ass kicked in ROTS and fell down the Senate chambers, Darth Maul got cut in half and dropped like 50 stories and survived in TPM, of course Luke falling in ESB for a good while before getting sucked into that air intake and Akakin dropped through traffic before landing on the speeder in AOTC after a significant fall.

So, not unknown for Jedi/Sith to fall great distances and still survive. It is plausible. Everyone is expecting Ezra Bridger to pop up especially after the Ahsoka tie in along with Grand Admiral Thrawn being mentioned. I'm not sure they would expect a Mace Windu to pop up...

MountainRaven
12-09-20, 21:17
I wonder if Windu is the one who exfiltrated Grogu from the Jedi Temple: Got defenestrated, went to return to the Jedi Temple to warn them about Palps, but Anakin and the 501st had already begun their assault, so he went in and saved what he could and got out; Sent Grogu off into the great unknown trusting to the Force to protect him until a new generation of Jedi could arise, find him, and resume his training.

And if there was a faction of the Jedi who believed Grogu was the Chosen One and Windu belonged to that faction... might be a political reason on top of personal reasons for him to have distrusted/disliked Anakin. Grogu's existence might have only been known to the Masters on the Jedi Council, as well, hence why they were not too keen on making Anakin a Master... on top of pushing back on Palpatine trying to force the Jedi to make Anakin a Jedi Master.

MountainRaven
12-11-20, 21:36
This season continues to be excellent.

VIP3R 237
12-11-20, 22:21

Agreed. My boy and I are loving it, today’s episode was great.

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-12-20, 01:11
TPS reports.... had to stop it to fill the kids in on that "Office Space" reference.

Korgs130
12-12-20, 09:45

I am loving it. Boba Fett is finally everything I’ve been hoping for the last 40 years. I like the team they assembled. Djarin, Fett, Dune & Shand are the A Team.

I had Ming Na Wen (Fennec Shand) a flight a couple of years ago. I told my family watched Agents of SHIELD and that Agent May was my daughter’s favorite character. She took time to chat after the flight. She was coming from a Comic-Con in KC and, unsolicited, she hooked daughter up with an autographed photo. Very gracious and really nice.

Boy Scout
12-12-20, 19:39
I had Ming Na Wen (Fennec Shand) a flight a couple of years ago. I told my family watched Agents of SHIELD and that Agent May was my daughter’s favorite character. She took time to chat after the flight. She was coming from a Comic-Con in KC and, unsolicited, she hooked daughter up with an autographed photo. Very gracious and really nice.

That was very cool and classy of her! I've had a mild crush on her since the Street Fighter (NOT Mortal Kombat) movie in 1994. She's a beautiful woman and I have no idea how she remains so gorgeous at 56 LOL....

Grand58742
12-12-20, 21:06
That was very cool and classy of her! I've had a mild crush on her since the original Mortal Kombat movie in 1994. She's a beautiful woman and I have no idea how she remains so gorgeous at 56 LOL....

I believe you are thinking of Talisa Soto in Mortal Kombat.

Both are very attractive women in their 50s.

Boy Scout
12-12-20, 23:56
I believe you are thinking of Talisa Soto in Mortal Kombat.

Both are very attractive women in their 50s.

Absolutely true! And I said the wrong movie - Wen was Chun-Li in Street Fighter with JCVD and Raul Julia. As the kids say, "my bad!" I typed Mortal Kombat and had images of her in that little dress.) Damn, I'm getting old...

Boy Scout
12-13-20, 00:03
As for The Mandalorian, Filoni and crew keep hitting it out of the park. Bill Burr did an excellent job in this episode.

It's sad that he died in that explosion though...

If you're on Reddit, https://www.reddit.com/r/TheMandalorianTV/ has some pretty funny material on there.

Grand58742
12-13-20, 08:38
Just one thing that's bothered me since Season 1.

Anyone else put off when they say "Imperial sharpshooter"?

I mean, considering how inaccurate Imps tend to be, I'm not sure the qualifications for that are demanding.

Steve Shannon
12-13-20, 10:01
Just one thing that's bothered me since Season 1.

Anyone else put off when they say "Imperial sharpshooter"?

I mean, considering how inaccurate Imps tend to be, I'm not sure the qualifications for that are demanding.

I’m so glad to know the answer for a change. [emoji16]

https://youtu.be/qQw8AkdjIYw

titsonritz
12-18-20, 16:17
The Book of Boba Fett - Coming December 2021

AnCapMan
12-18-20, 16:58
Amazing Finale, my hair stood up. I felt like a kid again... I teared up a bit and they neatly tied the bow of this part of the story.

The Dumb Gun Collector
12-18-20, 19:10
Wow. I am a big star wars fan. I basically like everything. But OMG that was amazing.

rushca01
12-18-20, 20:25
Amazing Finale, my hair stood up. I felt like a kid again... I teared up a bit and they neatly tied the bow of this part of the story.

Wow. I am a big star wars fan. I basically like everything. But OMG that was amazing.

100%. That was fantastic! We were robbed with the sequels, 1000% robbed....I loved every second of that episode and tried to tell myself that Luke doesn’t become what he is in the sequels....just bad writing.

joedirt199
12-18-20, 21:01
Well watch the end of the credits as well. Boba Fet gonna get a spin off.

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-18-20, 21:12
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDGE-ing awesome.

Greatest 45 minutes of Star Wars since A New Hope.

‘A single X-wing, what can it do?’

Pepperidge Farms knew....

Grand58742
12-18-20, 21:34
Redemption for a certain character by Filoni and Favreau without spoilers. It was really cool seeing him in his badass prime.

The Dark Troopers had this very Ultron-esque feeling to them. You can see the Marvel influence there from Favreau.

The entire season and the series as a whole is a 10/10

Coal Dragger
12-18-20, 21:43
The Book of Boba Fett - Coming December 2021

Yes.

The preview after the credits was great.

How long before someone dubs “Damn it feels good to be a gangster” over that clip?

MountainRaven
12-18-20, 21:50
This whole season was fire. Glad to see it didn't implode like GoT and it hasn't fallen victim to the whole End Every Season on a Cliffhanger thing that seems to be so popular these days.

Yes.

The preview after the credits was great.

How long before someone dubs “Damn it feels good to be a gangster” over that clip?

He ain't bounty hunting for Jabba the Hutt to finance his 'Vette no more.

Korgs130
12-18-20, 22:51
100%. That was fantastic! We were robbed with the sequels, 1000% robbed....I loved every second of that episode and tried to tell myself that Luke doesn’t become what he is in the sequels....just bad writing.

I can’t conjure the words to describe how awesome that finale was.

The Mandalorian is everything the sequels should have been. I am operating under the theory that nothing in the sequels ever happened. They are nothing but a horrible hallucination / dream that Han Solo experienced while frozen in carbonite.

Boy Scout
12-18-20, 23:06
This whole season was fire. Glad to see it didn't implode like GoT and it hasn't fallen victim to the whole End Every Season on a Cliffhanger thing that seems to be so popular these days.

OR going woke. There’s been small shades of it this season and the episode recappers/analysts are pushing narratives pretty hard. I pray, PRAY that Kathleen Kennedy keeps her greedy little SJW paws off of these series.

I can’t conjure the words to describe how awesome that finale was.

The Mandalorian is everything the sequels should have been. I am operating under the theory that nothing in the sequels ever happened. They are nothing but a horrible hallucination / dream that Han Solo experienced while frozen in carbonite.

I am in absolute agreement. As long as he doesn’t wake up having dreamt that he owned the Mos Eisley Cantina & Hotel.

Grand58742
12-18-20, 23:43
OR going woke. There’s been small shades of it this season and the episode recappers/analysts are pushing narratives pretty hard. I pray, PRAY that Kathleen Kennedy keeps her greedy little SJW paws off of these series.

One thing the Mandalorian showed is how you can make a strong female character alongside a male character without having to make it overpowering. No Mary Sue in that series at all.

fedupflyer
12-18-20, 23:53
While I did enjoy the second series, the "cavalry arriving in the nick of time" plot device was way overused.

Grand58742
12-19-20, 03:07
Like father, like son.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EpkWf0EWMAI0bqH?format=jpg&name=large

TehLlama
12-21-20, 00:08
While I did enjoy the second series, the "cavalry arriving in the nick of time" plot device was way overused.

Yeah, I definitely feel like it would have been forgivable to milk that entire story arc for one or two more seasons by adding some extra characters, developing some alliances, and all that in order to support that some major coordination would be actually be required to pull off that last episode. I guess it seems rushed when Disney could have comfortably raked in cash making it somewhat deeper and more consistently paced with the same overall story arc in mind.

Grand58742
12-21-20, 09:41
lol

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EptTemdXUAAijlw?format=jpg&name=small

RazorBurn
12-21-20, 10:03
As with Rogue One, when Disney gets it right they get it right in spades. The Mandalorian itself is worth the cost of Disney Plus. If they can do that on a consistent basis they're rake in the cash from us Gen X'ers for the next twenty years. I'm looking forward to The Book of Boba Fett. Hopefully they do that one as well as this one.

TehLlama
12-22-20, 13:02
As with Rogue One, when Disney gets it right they get it right in spades. The Mandalorian itself is worth the cost of Disney Plus. If they can do that on a consistent basis they're rake in the cash from us Gen X'ers for the next twenty years. I'm looking forward to The Book of Boba Fett. Hopefully they do that one as well as this one.

I guess I'm in the obvious minority in that I'd have been extremely happy for them to go a lot slower with the plot development, really lean on the forshadowing going forward, and find opportunities to create fun side stories that can really grow the overall IP with options over the decades.
Like you said, when they get it right, they get it right, but that involves taking risks, and some of the time those risks won't pan out, and they'll just create lame content, so you want a wider universe to do that in. For my part, I love the impression that there IS a wider galaxy that all of these things are taking part in, and it's not just some multi-decade soap opera about a few space wizard families that somehow end up wielding power over a galactic scale logistics train.

chuckman
12-22-20, 14:00
The series was a home run. The last episode, though, was the best Star Wars movie, ever.

Adrenaline_6
12-22-20, 14:48
Yup...home run. When the camera shot panned to the gloved hand holding the green light saber. I was like.....awww damn!

The Dumb Gun Collector
12-22-20, 20:16
Extremely happy. Now that they have gotten their bearings I would like there to be some more consequences though. The good guys are basically just walking through these episodes.

vicious_cb
12-23-20, 13:58
Extremely happy. Now that they have gotten their bearings I would like there to be some more consequences though. The good guys are basically just walking through these episodes.

I dont get how 5 mins of awesome Luke Skywalker action can make it seem like a good series. Even you noticed that Stormtroopers are walking joke, they took the Stormtroopers cant shoot meme to point of absurdity where now there no stakes in the show. Its like a cartoon, none of characters are in any danger of being killed.

joedirt199
12-23-20, 15:10
They do seem to be using the stormtroopers as cannon fodder and if you are trying to rebuild the empire, why be so wasteful with your troops. What is the purpose of the armor when one shot takes them out. Mando's very spaced bescar stops all incoming lasers.

MountainRaven
12-23-20, 20:19
Y'all are mistaken: The Empire's gone. These guys aren't Stormtroopers. They're thugs in Stormtrooper armor.

kwelz
12-23-20, 23:21
This is why you don't get cocky when you are the antagonist. :dance3:

https://i.imgur.com/sbKD4Is.jpg

Grand58742
02-06-22, 19:25
Going to add this here since The Book of Boba Fett has kinda turned into Mandalorian Season 2.5 the last couple of episodes.

DON'T READ FURTHER FOR MINOR SPOILERS!!!!

I will say this without giving much away, if anyone who calls themselves a Star Wars fan didn't completely and utterly geek out at Episode 6 of Boba Fett, there really isn't much hope for you. All kinds of questions answered about if Luke & Ahsoka met in the aftermath of ROTJ, the fate of Cad Bane post Clone Wars and the beginnings of the new Jedi Order in one episode.

As well as an emotional moment with Grogu (Baby Yoda) with throwbacks to Order 66. And the choice he has to make...

They set up the Ahsoka series just a bit with that episode as well. You know she's still going after Thrawn.

I had a complete and utter Leo Pointing Meme moment when I saw the outline of the hat coming in the distance in the last scenes. I'll give Filoni serious credit for bringing in already established and fan favorite characters at just the right moment.

If you haven't watched it, do so.

czgunner
02-06-22, 19:40
Going to add this here since The Book of Boba Fett has kinda turned into Mandalorian Season 2.5 the last couple of episodes.

DON'T READ FURTHER FOR MINOR SPOILERS!!!!

I will say this without giving much away, if anyone who calls themselves a Star Wars fan didn't completely and utterly geek out at Episode 6 of Boba Fett, there really isn't much hope for you. All kinds of questions answered about if Luke & Ahsoka met in the aftermath of ROTJ, the fate of Cad Bane post Clone Wars and the beginnings of the new Jedi Order in one episode.

As well as an emotional moment with Grogu (Baby Yoda) with throwbacks to Order 66. And the choice he has to make...

They set up the Ahsoka series just a bit with that episode as well. You know she's still going after Thrawn.

I had a complete and utter Leo Pointing Meme moment when I saw the outline of the hat coming in the distance in the last scenes. I'll give Filoni serious credit for bringing in already established and fan favorite characters at just the right moment.

If you haven't watched it, do so.Yes that episode was awesome!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

chuckman
02-07-22, 10:18
I liked the episode in which Mando returned. This last one not so much. The Luke thing was....weird.

Johnny Rico
02-07-22, 11:17
I'm confused. I thought you couldn't wield the Force with bionic limbs.

Kevslatvin
02-07-22, 13:09
I'm confused. I thought you couldn't wield the Force with bionic limbs.

Me too since Vader used it quiet often and he was "more machine than man". Maybe I missed the memo. I haven't seen the episode in question yet though.

Johnny Rico
02-07-22, 13:22
Since they were giving the Mando a new ship, why didn't they make it a Bes'uliik? Too esoteric? Wasted opportunity to introduce a new ship design from the EU Legends.

sniperfrog
02-08-22, 22:47
SPOILERS:

I’m a big Star Wars fan and Boba has always been my favorite character. That’s my problem with this show. It was supposed to be about Boba Fett and we haven’t seen him do anything in 2 episodes.

The first 4 episodes were pretty slow in the present day scenes. Boba looks incompetent and weak, with Fennec having to do all the heavy lifting. In fact, Boba seams completely different than how he was in the last Mandalorian season which was only a short time before this show picks up. The scooter kids in Ep3 were terrible as was the chase scene at the end.

So far I’m extremely disappointed. I think if Pedro Pascal wasn’t busy filming other shows they would not have made this.

Episode 6 was too much fan service. We didn’t need to see the Luke scenes. They should have saved that for the Mandalorian S3. Maybe Luke will show up in the finale but I hope not. I just want to see Boba put his damn helmet on and start kicking some ass.

sgtrock82
02-09-22, 05:35
Spoilers galore.

It's retarded. Bobba Fett now being the ruler and strutting around in full kit... Imagine a Marine or Soldier seizing power and then strutting around town in full armor with helmet, weapons and rucksack like he just got separated from a patrol.

The scooter/mods look like they escaped from failed sci fy channel movie event, the townspeople from a bad Star Trek spin-off...to make up for this we also get Raylan Givens and standard issue Danny Trejo.

Bobba seems slow witted and incompetent. I figured this was simply an extension of his inept actions in the first movies, that landed him in the Sarlac pit. He has a talent for survival, that's it. The Dream sequences of his life among the Sandpeople has been the only enjoyable part so far, so that had to go.

More baby Yoda?!? Someone shoot me now... It's a Jar-Jar without the speaking roles.

Trying to decide if they found a Luke lookalike or a bunch of whizbang CGI. Hes going to have quite the grumpy face after this Yoda thing bails on his Jedi school.

Being force fed two episodes of The Mandolarian was sort of annoying but I didn't mind the Naboo starfighter/hotroding bit, despite the goofy V-8 sounds and goofy shakey generic air cleaner thingy.

Of course all he does is want his "razorcrest"/Winnebago back. I guess I'd be bummed if I lost my intergalactic jackshack too.

The Mandolarian duel was full of stupid too, there's only 3 left, sooo let's have two of them duel to the death over this super sword(dumb thing).... Then stop one short of killing the other(smart thing) Immediately apply a purity test to the victor, then banishing him as a result. (Back to dumb)...so now theres only 2 to carry on....way to go Mandolarians. Republicans at heart. This is the way lol

Sent from my BE2028 using Tapatalk

sniperfrog
02-09-22, 12:04
Spoilers galore.

It's retarded. Bobba Fett now being the ruler and strutting around in full kit... Imagine a Marine or Soldier seizing power and then strutting around town in full armor with helmet, weapons and rucksack like he just got separated from a patrol.

The scooter/mods look like they escaped from failed sci fy channel movie event, the townspeople from a bad Star Trek spin-off...to make up for this we also get Raylan Givens and standard issue Danny Trejo.

Bobba seems slow witted and incompetent. I figured this was simply an extension of his inept actions in the first movies, that landed him in the Sarlac pit. He has a talent for survival, that's it. The Dream sequences of his life among the Sandpeople has been the only enjoyable part so far, so that had to go.

More baby Yoda?!? Someone shoot me now... It's a Jar-Jar without the speaking roles.

Trying to decide if they found a Luke lookalike or a bunch of whizbang CGI. Hes going to have quite the grumpy face after this Yoda thing bails on his Jedi school.

Being force fed two episodes of The Mandolarian was sort of annoying but I didn't mind the Naboo starfighter/hotroding bit, despite the goofy V-8 sounds and goofy shakey generic air cleaner thingy.

Of course all he does is want his "razorcrest"/Winnebago back. I guess I'd be bummed if I lost my intergalactic jackshack too.

The Mandolarian duel was full of stupid too, there's only 3 left, sooo let's have two of them duel to the death over this super sword(dumb thing).... Then stop one short of killing the other(smart thing) Immediately apply a purity test to the victor, then banishing him as a result. (Back to dumb)...so now theres only 2 to carry on....way to go Mandolarians. Republicans at heart. This is the way lol

Sent from my BE2028 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I’m glad I’m not alone. Jon Favreau dropped the ball with the shitty writing on this show. So many dumb things. Robert Rodriguez just when all Spy Kids with his directing. Just terrible.

titsonritz
02-09-22, 15:13
I haven't watched any of it since they canned Gina Carano.

TexHill
02-10-22, 13:29
Disney has totally screwed up Star Wars. The only things that they have gotten right since they acquired the franchise have been Rogue One and The Mandalorian. The only reason they got Rogue One right is because the story line had to mesh with New Hope's story line. The Mandalorian works because it's a new character which gives the writers more freedom than a preexisting character arc does.

Disney has totally ruined Boba Fett. Boba has gone from a mysterious and sometimes shady loner who had no qualms working for the Empire into a benevolent uncle who now wants to clean up the town.

Disney missed a great opportunity when they brought Boba back in The Mandalorian. Boba should have been turned into Mando's ultimate antagonist, but instead we get the kindly uncle.

TexHill
02-10-22, 13:29
Disney has totally screwed up Star Wars. The only things that they have gotten right since they acquired the franchise have been Rogue One and The Mandalorian. The only reason they got Rogue One right is because the story line had to mesh with New Hope's story line. The Mandalorian works because it's a new character which gives the writers more freedom than a preexisting character arc does.

Disney has totally ruined Boba Fett. Boba has gone from a mysterious and sometimes shady loner who had no qualms working for the Empire into a benevolent uncle who now wants to clean up the town.

Disney missed a great opportunity when they brought Boba back in The Mandalorian. Boba should have been turned into Mando's ultimate antagonist, but instead we get the kindly uncle.

Grand58742
02-13-22, 08:45

I tend to think Boba went full badazz in this last episode.

joedirt199
02-13-22, 09:25
Guess you could say he was out of his element when starting as a son of a storm trooper clone - father leaving - hating jedis to becoming a bounty hunter - escaping slow death - prisoner to sand people where he finds his humanity - earning his freedom - losing the ones he loved - to taking over as a crime boss/protector of the city.

Yeah the biker gang kids are lame. Was curious how they did the young Luke Skywalker. Pretty sure it was a look a like with Mark Hamell doing the voice. Gives a little segway to Osaka's story and when she comes out in her own serirs, she will most likely meet up with baby yoda again and do some training with him since Luke gave him an ultimatum. They have to find a way to make all the stories intertwine.

TexHill
02-13-22, 11:53
Guess you could say he was out of his element when starting as a son of a storm trooper clone - father leaving - hating jedis to becoming a bounty hunter - escaping slow death - prisoner to sand people where he finds his humanity - earning his freedom - losing the ones he loved - to taking over as a crime boss/protector of the city.

Yeah the biker gang kids are lame. Was curious how they did the young Luke Skywalker. Pretty sure it was a look a like with Mark Hamell doing the voice. Gives a little segway to Osaka's story and when she comes out in her own serirs, she will most likely meet up with baby yoda again and do some training with him since Luke gave him an ultimatum. They have to find a way to make all the stories intertwine.

Hamill didn't do the voice work. They used a voice synthesizer called Respeecher. It's basically an audio equivalent to the video software Deep Fakes. They feed into the program previous samples of the person's voice that they're wanting to emulate, and the program will generate a totally new dialog. The only issue is that the program doesn't always get the pacing of the dialog and the inflection correct which can cause the dialog to sound robotic at times.

joedirt199
02-13-22, 18:02
Pretty crazy. I noticed they didn't show his face alot while talking. That cgi was pretty real looking if it was not a real person.

masenomics
02-13-22, 18:43
It was funny this morning my wife and I were watching the last episodes of boba fett and I was like wow the CGI did an amazing job mimicking hamills terrible acting. Then she looked it up and we were both surprised about the voice synthesizer and hamill having no part of any of it. Kind of scary what they can do anymore really.