PDA

View Full Version : I’m over it

thepatriot2705
11-02-20, 20:30
Taxes. Want to call a place home? Gotta pay taxes. Want to spend money, gotta pay a tax. Want to give someone a good sum of money? More tax. Want to have a nice car? Don’t forget the taxes on that. Want to earn a living? Nah gotta pay tax. Die? Tax. Etc. I’m over being a slave to power hungry assholes and I still got 30+ years of this shit left

PracticalRifleman
11-02-20, 20:31
Yup.....

TomMcC
11-02-20, 20:43
Taxes. Want to call a place home? Gotta pay taxes. Want to spend money, gotta pay a tax. Want to give someone a good sum of money? More tax. Want to have a nice car? Don’t forget the taxes on that. Want to earn a living? Nah gotta pay tax. Die? Tax. Etc. I’m over being a slave to power hungry assholes and I still got 30+ years of this shit left

Don't do anything stupid. We've been taxed for millenia, there is NOBODY on this planet that is going to change it. Don't put your hope in men, that maybe someone, some day will fix it...it's not going to go away...now man up and carry on. LOL

OH58D
11-02-20, 20:53
I've run into some modern mountain men over the years. They pretty well live off the land, and one had a horse and mule and kept moving between the foothills and high country of the Rockies. Even then they will head into some rural community and work cash based odd jobs for supplies, then head back out into the hills.

It can be done, but even then making purchases requires sales tax. If you can give up modern conveniences, private ownership of land and cars, and have the skills to live off the land for the most part, tax paying can be avoided. Population growth will start to limit where you can go and how you can live. The American West still has a lot of places for people who want to separate themselves from a previous life.

thepatriot2705
11-02-20, 20:55
Don't do anything stupid. We've been taxed for millenia, there is NOBODY on this planet that is going to change it. Don't put your hope in men, that maybe someone, some day will fix it...it's not going to go away...now man up and carry on. LOL

Wel, I was going to start hiring attorneys and challenging the constitutionality

TomMcC
11-02-20, 21:02
Wel, I was going to start hiring attorneys and challenging the constitutionality

I'm pretty sure that's been tried multiple times and failed. The courts are against you. If you have some unique tax situation, like they're charging you more than you owe...that's different. But if you're going after a particular tax is unconstitutional...that's going to be an extremely uphill and expensive adventure.

OH58D
11-02-20, 21:02
Unless you're going to get lawyers to work pro bono, it's a Quixotesque mission that takes time and money, not an undertaking for the average working class fellow. I'd go the mountain man route.....

TomMcC
11-02-20, 21:09
Unless you're going to get lawyers to work pro bono, it's a Quixotesque mission that takes time and money, not an undertaking for the average working class fellow. I'd go the mountain man route.....

Definitely be cheaper and a much better adventure, but not for everyone.

BoringGuy45
11-02-20, 21:17
Taxes are inevitable. Taxes are also the one thing that the government takes more seriously than anything else. You can fudge things here and find loopholes there, and you'll usually be okay unless you get audited. Just straight up evade taxes? They'll be on you like flies on shit unless you work strictly cash and off the books.

kirkland
11-02-20, 21:38

Get a job that pays cash under the table. Tell the government to suck your dick.

TomMcC
11-02-20, 21:40
If there is government between men, there is going to be taxation. The two are inextricably connected.

TomMcC
11-02-20, 21:41
Get a job that pays cash under the table. Tell the government to suck your dick.

I think that would come under "evasion". I suppose many do get away with it.

Honu
11-02-20, 22:01

wait till we are like europe or oz or canada and you can pay 2x or more as much as you are now !!!!! won't that be awesome (sarcasm)

MistWolf
11-02-20, 22:29
Unless you're going to get lawyers to work pro bono, it's a Quixotesque mission that takes time and money...

A guy needs something to occupy his time during the lockdown

kirkland
11-02-20, 23:12

Some states have a "use tax" where you're supposed to pay tax on an item you bought in a private sale, so you can have the privilege of using your private property.

SteyrAUG
11-03-20, 00:33
So determine what you spend the most money on.

Apply for an EIN and think about something like an S corp. Then begin buying and selling that item, even if it's just on ebay.

Now all your purchases are tax deductible. It is also now up to you if you want to invest money in your business or let the government have it in the form of taxes. Forecast your tax commitment for an upcoming year and determine how much you have to spend on your business to zero it out.

By the way it won't be 1:1, usually you have to spend $3 to eliminate a $1, but it still comes down to how much you want to invest in your business and at the end of the day you will have hard items to show for your money.

Get yourself a tax attorney who knows how small businesses work, knows what deductions are standard / normal and what deductions to avoid to keep you out of the weeds. Get a good accounting program so every time you make a business purchase you just scan in the invoice / receipt and it keeps track of your spending.

And you are going to eventually work up to the point where you have a business checking account so every time your business purchases something, it's done with a business check.

Would also be a smart new business strategy to be wide spectrum "retail sales" vs. something of limited "specific" focus such as "fishing supplies retailer."

Also you are going to file for a retail sales tax certificate. You will need to file quarterly reports, HOWEVER you take that retail tax certificate to Walmart, Home Depot, Amazon, Ebay, etc. and suddenly you no longer pay sales tax on your purchases because everything is potentially for resale and you don't pay sales tax and the collect sales tax again on the same item.

Not paying sales tax on business related purchases, frees up even more money to invest into your business related purchases.

This is all better than moving to Nowhere, Montana and living in a mud hut and trading hand made arts and crafts for supplies.

And don't forget your accountant fees / tax attorney fees are also deductible business expenses.

utahjeepr
11-03-20, 00:52
There is exactly one way to successfully get out of paying taxes.

You die.

Then it's your heir's problem.

yoni
11-03-20, 02:45
I have an issue with income tax, but taxes in general they are part of life.

Even G-D demanded taxes from us Jews.

I have some people I know that are just starting a multi year contract with a government. They will be netting multiple tens of millions a week, and you ought to hear them cry about income tax. I told them pay your taxes, sleep at night and you will still have more money in a year than 99% of the population.

joeyjoe
11-03-20, 06:08
Personally, i feel income tax is far less egregious than property tax. If you own your property outright, but don't give the state it's demanded fee, they'll eventually just take your sh*t by force. That's repugnant.

teufelhund1918
11-03-20, 06:17
I don't have a problem paying legitimate taxes, but I have a problem with how that tax money is used by government. Some things are legit, but there is a lot... a metric f-ton... of BS out there that my and your taxes should not be used for. Gov't debt equals taxes equals slavery of the working person to the system equals the thing that is contrary to part of the founding ideals meant to protect the individual citizen's freedom in this country IMHO.

chamber143
11-03-20, 06:22
Sounds like a plan. I met a guy who hasn’t paid taxes in over 30 years and is very successful. He said when they came for him he showed them the tax code and how there wasn’t any statutes for punishment and they left him alone. I keep wanting to try it myself but haven’t got the balls.

Firefly
11-03-20, 07:20
A paranoiac is someone who just realized what’s really going on for the very first time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8iINrdyFIM

jsbhike
11-03-20, 07:22
Even then they will head into some rural community and work cash based odd jobs for supplies,

There is a theory that convid has an economic aspect geared to do away with cash.

OH58D
11-03-20, 07:23
People cheat on their taxes all the time. The most common is Capital Gains - short term and long term. You would be surprised at the number of people who sell a home or some piece of property and don't report that on their tax return.

markm
11-03-20, 11:37
Out of State/online sales tax chaps my ass! I've dumped a lot of shopping carts online due to the sales tax making a purchase a non value.

Firefly
11-03-20, 11:54
Why is it if I rob a bank, I go to jail but if the government robs me they get re-elected?

Saw that on a bumper sticker c.1993 on a trip up North.

Only now do I truly understand.

Arik
11-03-20, 12:23
Join the Amish

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

utahjeepr
11-03-20, 13:06
I still like the flat tax/fair tax concept. Tax returns have become a cross between "new math" and an old fashion game of chicken. Nobody really knows what the right answer is so how aggressive to you dare to get.

If you guess wrong... CRASH! I've been hammered by the IRS, spent a ton on defense, they admitted I didn't really do anything wrong, and I still had to offer in compromise and admit fault in order to get it resolved.

It's a rigged game, you ain't gonna beat the house.

SteyrAUG
11-03-20, 17:11
Why is it if I rob a bank, I go to jail but if the government robs me they get re-elected?

Saw that on a bumper sticker c.1993 on a trip up North.

Only now do I truly understand.

My favorite is what is the difference between the government and the mafia? The mafia has the decency to use a gun when they take their protection money.

okie
11-03-20, 23:26
At the time of the American Revolution, it's estimated that about 3% of people's income went to taxes. They didn't really have taxes on income, just on goods imported to the colonies, which were around 10%. So no income tax, no sales tax, no property tax, no corporate taxes...just a 10% tax on imported luxury goods like tea and sugar.

duece71
11-04-20, 07:50
Taxation is theft, pure and simple.

Averageman
11-04-20, 09:22
I'm getting older, almost 60, so I'm trying to figure out a way to take care of my Son when I pass.
I'm actually thinking about stashing cash as cash itself is less traceable/taxable.

Firefly
11-04-20, 09:31
I'm getting older, almost 60, so I'm trying to figure out a way to take care of my Son when I pass.
I'm actually thinking about stashing cash as cash itself is less traceable/taxable.

Precious metals. Cash devalues.

PracticalRifleman
11-04-20, 09:32
If you’re tired of taxes, you’re about to be paying more of them with a Biden administration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Averageman
11-04-20, 09:35
Precious metals. Cash devalues.

He's an accountant, I will ask him how to do it.

Coal Dragger
11-04-20, 13:26
Precious metals, or land.