Comments are good.

https://youtu.be/PaumIOvp7mM

Averageman
11-03-20, 08:08
Damn;
That actually looks like a good movie.

Firefly
11-03-20, 08:17
Part of me sees this as social programming and the other part of me would watch this at 0300 with a microwave pizza.

Kinda conflicted and confused

Straight Shooter
11-03-20, 09:11
Whats with the Bob Marley music & Zombie flicks?

Firefly
11-03-20, 09:20
Whats with the Bob Marley music & Zombie flicks?

Weed. The Devils Lettuce

Vic79
11-03-20, 09:25
I hope there’s at least a couple signs in this movie that state;be considerate think of your fellow Americans and if it only saves one life it’s worth it.

Coal Dragger
11-03-20, 11:18
So it’s a documentary film about the upcoming Biden-Harris Presidency?

jsbhike
11-03-20, 11:37
Part of me sees this as social programming and the other part of me would watch this at 0300 with a microwave pizza.

Kinda conflicted and confused

I suspect social programming, but I have similar suspicions(after reading Smedley Butler's speaches) about the Sgt. York movie, and it's twists on real life, being released a few months before Pearl Harbor.

Firefly
11-03-20, 11:49
I suspect social programming, but I have similar suspicions(after reading Smedley Butler's speaches) about the Sgt. York movie, and it's twists on real life, being released a few months before Pearl Harbor.

SGT York was OBVIOUS and HEAVY HANDED propaganda but I still like the movie because Alvin York (upon whom be peace!) made sure they showed how important Christianity and his woman was to him as well as how he just wanted a house, to be left alone, and had no desire to kill anybody.

But if you want to see the most toxic form of 1940s cuckery then by all means go find Mission to Moscow. That was one big long commercial selling America on why it’s a “good idea” to pitch in with Godless Heathen Communists and how the purges were “really no big deal”.

Pretty sickening.

Smedley Butler should have led the revolt when he had the chance.

ETA they still need to George Lucas in a 1911 dammit

jsbhike
11-03-20, 12:30
SGT York was OBVIOUS and HEAVY HANDED propaganda but I still like the movie because Alvin York (upon whom be peace!) made sure they showed how important Christianity and his woman was to him as well as how he just wanted a house, to be left alone, and had no desire to kill anybody.

But if you want to see the most toxic form of 1940s cuckery then by all means go find Mission to Moscow. That was one big long commercial selling America on why it’s a “good idea” to pitch in with Godless Heathen Communists and how the purges were “really no big deal”.

Pretty sickening.

Smedley Butler should have led the revolt when he had the chance.

ETA they still need to George Lucas in a 1911 dammit

I liked the movie and overall York's story as well. A sort of exception to the overall neat guy was in addition to his religious belief on warfare getting set aside fairly quick, his religious beliefs on movies was just as adamant until .gov asked then religion went out the window. Been awhile since I have read about that series of events, but I think part of it was to get funding for the school and community, which was and still is economically rough, so there was an altruistic angle to it.

Can't recall if it was a display in their house or store across the road(those and his gravesite are less than 2 hours from me and an interesting visit) by the 1950's he was advocating using nukes down to trivial/petty disagreements, but that could have been an off shoot of mounting health problems instead of flip flopping ideas.

Was around one of his son in laws off and on back in the 1990's. Pretty neat guy from what I saw and had him as a substitute drafting instructor once or twice.

https://www.jenningsfh.com/obituary/Howard-Lowery