PDA

View Full Version : Happy with the election results?

K.L. Davis
11-11-06, 20:56
At least someone (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6137082.stm) is. :mad:

'Iraq al-Qaeda' welcomes US poll
A statement purportedly from the leader of al-Qaeda in Iraq hails the defeat of Republicans in the US mid-term polls.
The audio message, whose authenticity has not been verified, was published on Islamist websites and was said to be the voice of Abu Hamza al-Muhajir.

The Democrats' victory in Tuesday's Congressional elections was a move in the right direction, the speaker said.

Outgoing US Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld had stepped down to flee the Iraqi battlefield, he added.

He told US President George W Bush to "stay on the battleground".

"I tell the lame duck (US administration) do not rush to escape as did your defence minister.

"The American people have taken a step in the right path to come out of their predicament... they voted for a level of reason," the voice said. Muhajir, also known as Ayyub al-Masri, has been identified by US forces as the successor to Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, killed in a raid in June 2006.

GreenMtnTac
11-12-06, 10:51
This is probably lost on most of the folks that voted.

Now that those whining ninnies have the reins in congress, it will be interesting to see if they actually produce ideas instead of infomercials. I'm not holding my breath.

Striker5
11-12-06, 16:10
Stand by for a letter of apology to Bin Laden for his shoddy treatment at the hands of colonialist, imperialist, capitalist, Judeo-Christian, evil, America. Reparations to Zarqawi's wife will also be discussed.

Don't forget that Europe is happy too, as they will have a pliant little doormat of a United States to deal with now.

Mexico is happy because they are about to become the US's largest state.

This sucks and I am hoping the repubs are doing some soul-searching. They need an internal hatchet squad to purge corruption and abusive behavior. People that don't play ball don't get seats in all those committees. Something like that.

No, I am not happy.

BravoCompanyUSA
11-12-06, 17:24
The US Military has won every battle it has engaged in Iraq.

The US public has lost every battle of wills it has engaged in the last 50 years.

Please see my current sig line.....

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
Albert Einstein

K.L. Davis
11-12-06, 18:01
Dems call for troop withdrawal (http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=domesticNews&storyid=2006-11-12T170830Z_01_N20203713_RTRUKOC_0_US-IRAQ-USA-1.xml&src=rss&rpc=22)

BravoCompanyUSA
11-12-06, 19:11
Putting all political philosophies aside....

Whenever I hear a politician use the wording "redeployment of forces" instead of saying "withdrawal"; I question the sincerity of everything said.