PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone stuck an Aimpoint M4S in front of a PVS 14?

IPSC_GUY
12-01-08, 18:18
I am curious to know how much "image clutter" does one see of the M4S's body when mounted in front of a PVS14? I am thinking with the Battery compartment lower it should help with this.

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

FJB
12-02-08, 03:38
Yes and it works great, but so does the CompM4... with the Micro T-1 working even better. None have any image clutter. The Micro actually ghosts away. I'll post more in a few days and will have some photos.

S/F

IPSC_GUY
12-03-08, 01:30
Yes and it works great, but so does the CompM4... with the Micro T-1 working even better. None have any image clutter. The Micro actually ghosts away. I'll post more in a few days and will have some photos.

S/F

Cool thanks, I am springing for an M4S. I have seen just a couple of pics of a T1 but it was mounted so close to the 14 that the body of the T1 was clearly visible.

Looking forward to Pics,

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

Failure2Stop
12-03-08, 03:16
I used a very old M68 in conjunction with 14s.
Worked well, hard to remember, but I think that there was a barely visible black ring around the dot (optic body, obviously).
Just an aside- mounting the 14 inline with the optic limits the ability to use your NOD.

IPSC_GUY
12-03-08, 03:30
Just an aside- mounting the 14 inline with the optic limits the ability to use your NOD.

In strict weapon only mounting then yes. I personally do it one of two ways.

1. Set up the 14 to run either on the weapon or on your head as a mono and transition as needed, OR (and this is the NICE way to do it),

2. Run the 14 with a 3x magnifier on your weapon and a set of AVS-9s on your helmet that flip up easy... things are ALL different then.

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA