PDA

View Full Version : Sabre Defence Lead Times?

WS6
12-01-08, 20:52
Okay, I am confused...

...I called the day (11/8) I ordered my A4 rifle from them and spoke with a pretty well known guy at Sabre. He told me 8-12 weeks.

My dealer told me that they were running a hair behind schedual and it may be 18 weeks or so, realistically.

I called Sabre today and told them my order date and they told me around a year.

Is anyone here "in the know" about when I should expect this rifle delivered?

I know that whining about lead times won't hurry it up one bit (and quite frankly, I would rather they take their time and build it right rather than just bang them out), but it is nice to have a rough date to look foreward to.

As of now I am inclined to go with what my dealer said. He is a good guy and knows his stuff. Just looking for a backup opinion if anyone has inside info?

glockshooter
12-01-08, 20:54
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG time

Cagemonkey
12-01-08, 21:01
I don't know about lead times. You might try purchasing an upper from Brownells and getting a lower from Grant. Thats if he still has Sabre lowers.

mmike87
12-01-08, 21:49
A YEAR? Seriously? I wouldn't wait a year for anything. I'm glad I found an upper a couple of weeks ago that I snagged up. It wasn't exactly what I was looking for, but close enough.

WS6
12-02-08, 00:33
I don't know about lead times. You might try purchasing an upper from Brownells and getting a lower from Grant. Thats if he still has Sabre lowers.

I purchased a month ago as per Original Post.

Tantrix
12-02-08, 00:52
(and quite frankly, I would rather they take their time and build it right rather than just bang them out)

Rest assured, it will be built right. My Sabre is quite frankly the best & most solid feeling AR I've ever handled. The fit/finish should be exceptional, as well as the accuracy.

I can't help you on the lead time....mine was in stock at a local shop. I have the Flat Top w/ YHM flip-up BUIS front and rear.