PDA

View Full Version : Sig Romeo 5 mount problem

cs51762
11-08-20, 10:54
I took my newly-built rifle to the range to sight it in with my Romeo 5 red dot. After several shots, I found that the sight mount was loose on the rail. When I tried to tighten it, it acted like the threads were stripped. The screw just kept turning. Upon closer examination, I found that the screw is really, really loose in the screw hole in the mounting piece. It wobbles a lot. In fact, I can hold it up to a light and see light between the threads. Has anyone here seen this before? Thanks.

Mike Fields

omegajb
11-08-20, 11:05
That's not normal. I'd call Sig I'm sure they will send out a new mount.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

RHINOWSO
11-08-20, 16:44
The Romeo 5 is a nice cheap RDS, but the OEM mount sucks ass.

everready73
11-08-20, 17:47
The Romeo 5 is a nice cheap RDS, but the OEM mount sucks ass.

This. It will fit aimpoint micro mounts. Primary arms makes a decent one if on a budget. Lots of other options from American defense, midwest, etc

Disciple
11-08-20, 17:56
Primary arms makes a decent one if on a budget.

Which one? This one (https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-absolute-cowitness-micro-dot-riser-lhm-2ac) looks like the stock Romeo mount.

How is the Midwest Industries mount?

everready73
11-08-20, 18:04
Which one? This one (https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-absolute-cowitness-micro-dot-riser-lhm-2ac) looks like the stock Romeo mount.

How is the Midwest Industries mount?

Yes that one. It came with the rotary knob pa red dot I bought for my son's 15-22. No issues with it seems solid. I don't have a romeo 5 so not sure if the same.

I have the Midwest non qd version and reply like it. Have it on a gun that gets ran hard and thrown around. They have a qd version as well, but I don't change the set up around much do just went with regular version

https://www.primaryarms.com/midwest-industries-aimpoint-t1-t2-mount-lower-1-3rd

Twilk73
11-08-20, 19:05
Damn who would of thought a knock off china optic would suck. I know I'm not contributing here but I never waste an opportunity to knock sig optics. They literally copy pasted every popular optic, made it cheap and undercut the competition. So it seems they deserve it.

cs51762
11-09-20, 11:44
Damn who would of thought a knock off china optic would suck. I know I'm not contributing here but I never waste an opportunity to knock sig optics. They literally copy pasted every popular optic, made it cheap and undercut the competition. So it seems they deserve it.

Yeah, if I had it to do over, I would've bought something else. But, it's what I have, so I'll try to make the best of it. I called Sig this morning and they're sending two sets of the keeper (the bad part) and screw. I told them that I have two of the sights and although the other one is fine, they said that they'd send two sets so I'd have a spare. Thanks, guys.

Mike Fields

Captains1911
11-15-20, 21:15
The mounts that come with the $100 to $200 red dot sights (sig, holosun, primary arms, etc.) are absolute garbage. I always replace them with American Defense QD mounts.